The Lost Moonlark (KOTLC fanf...

By HiddenSecrets55

Sophie Elizabeth Foster was lost. With no way to get home, no way to find her way back to The Lost Cities. No... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Seven

3K 45 20
By HiddenSecrets55

Unedited.

"It was her! Who else could it be?!" Fitz asked, as his temper flared. How could his father not believe him?

"That was nearly two months ago, and you haven't heard a word from her since." Alden said calmly. "Dad, she's alive. I know she is." Fitz declared. Alden gave a weary sigh, the dark circles under his eyes were looking like bags. "I want to believe she's alive. I really do Fitzroy, but Sophie has been missing for nearly four and a half months, the Black Swan has withdrawn all contact and we know next to nothing, Grady and Edaline are barely holding themselves together, right now...all we can do is hope, hope and believe that she's alive, we need to have faith in her-"

"She needs our help." Fitz pleaded. "How?" Alden closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. "We don't know where she is at, we don't know what...or who we are facing. Another matter is, that the Neverseen and ogres are an even bigger threat, war is pressing down closer and closer...it's only a matter of time."

"Are you saying Sophie is less importan-"

"I would never!" Alden said her eyes snapping open to his distressed second son. "What I'm trying to say...is that we need to focus on what we can do, we need to make sure there is a home for Sophie to come back to."

"Sophie-"

"Sophie can take care of herself." Alden cut Fitz off. "She has before, she can do it again. We need to start training. No matter how much I despise and hate violence, this war will bring out the worse in us all." Alden looked at his son. "We need to train for battle."

Angry, frustrated and overcome with worry Fitz stormed out of Alden's office and to his room. Slamming the door, he heard a picture fall off his wall and break, but he didn't care. What he cared about was Sophie. Sophie could be hurt, even dea- No! Fitz refused to believe she was dead. He would know because then the bond between them would snap. No matter how thin, how stretched, how weak, and how fragile their bond was it was still there. He could feel it, he could feel Sophie hanging onto the other end, but no matter how loud he projected his voice couldn't reach her, he could tell it hurt for her to try and transmit to him, but nevertheless she still tried, every single day.

Fitz could tell she was still alive. He could feel her life at the end of that bond, slowly becoming weaker and weaker. He could feel her strength dwindling, her will bending, her soul...cracking.

To angry to even think any more, Fitz slammed his fist into the pale blue walls. His fist slammed through the wall, leaving a hole. He ripped his fist out, why couldn't he reach her?! She felt so close in his mind, but she was so far away, it was tormenting him, playing with his sanity. It was like dangling a string in front of a cat, and jerking it away just in time for it to slip out of the cat's claws. It was the feeling of having something precious and dear taken from him, and broken right before his very own eyes. Heartbreaking, heart aching, it felt like a puppeteer was tugging on every sting of his heart and mind.

No matter how many times he reached for Sophie, she was pulled away, just out of his reach, she was breaking right in front of him, and he could do nothing.

Fitz hadn't realized the burning tears searing down his face until he punched the mirror on his wall. Cracks splintered and webbed across the face of the mirror, distorting his face, yet it was still recognizable, though the tears were completely foreign to him. Sophie's mind was cracking just like the mirror, with every punch the Neverseen had given her. Her mind was splintering into fragments of memories.

Then Fitz's mind slapped itself so hard with an idea his mind was wheeling and spinning. Scrubbing away his tears, Fitz took a deep breath and calmed himself. He might not be able to talk to her, that didn't mean he couldn't give her some of his energy, some of his strength. Fitz mustered every bit of strength he had, every ounce of courage that ran through his veins, every minuscule of energy in his body, gathering it together he shoved it onto the fragile bond. Hoping the thread wouldn't snap under the weight, he shoved it with a brain push across the bond.

Sophie's dwindling strength seemed to glow with his, as she received the brain push, and like a thundering storm a loud voice he had been praying to hear entered his mind.

"Fitz?"

"I'm here." Despite being physically, mentally drained, Fitz was to happy to not transmit.

"That was you?" Sophie asked.

"Yes. Where are you?"

"I'm... I'm in New York...with a room full of physiologist who are trying to find out why I keep having amnesia and waking up in different parts of the world."

"How do you remember me?"

A flash, a memory, it was him writing in her journal.

"I kept a detailed journal." Sophie said.

"Listen, can you get home with what energy you have?" Fitz asked. "Probably...but....yes. Don't worry we'll talk this out...face to face in an hour or so." Sophie said.

"Please hurry. I miss you." Fitz couldn't believe he had said that, "We all do." He added. "I miss you all to...I think. You want to meet at Everglen I suppose?"

"Yes. I'll gather everyone up."

"Wait...could you...sent me a mental picture of Everglen so I know where I'm going?"

"You...don't remember us all do you?"

"I only remember what's in my journal." Sophie's reply was sad and her voice sounded upset, but Fitz sent a mental picture of Everglen with high hopes. "Be careful" he said tiredly. As he picked up his imparter. "Don't worry." Sophie said, as it felt like she pulled his mind closer to her own, like a never ending hug, like she never wanted to let go. Fitz did the same, though his grip on the mental bond wasn't nearly as strong. "I'll be safe." Sophie promised.

~
"So...Sophie if I understand correctly. You woke up in Alaska, battered and bruised, where Kyle finds you, contacts Nick, flies you up there, only for you to disappear on the way to Nick's home, you don't remember anything that happened to you in that time, but you woke up in Scotland, battered and bruised with no memories of how you got there?" One doctor asked. "In a nutshell." Sophie nodded, as she picked up the note book and pen they had given her.

Kyle and Nick were in two chairs with their head in their hands tugging their hair, as they stared at her worriedly. Sophie has felt the ball of energy and strength hit her like a train, flowing through her veins. She had felt that giddy emotion swirl around and zero in on one mind, that could of only been Fitz. She didn't remember him, but that silly crush still remained like a stubborn weed. Writing a hasty note she wrote,

I found answers. Please forgive me, don't worry where I am going, I'm safe.

"So is loving someone a choice or an emotion?" Sophie asked the room of human physiologists, stumping them all on the question she herself had been stuck on...according to her journal. She stood, "I need to use the restroom." Nick and Kyle stood up immediately. Myth stood up with her. "We'll all tale a five minute brake." Said one doctor. Sophie climbed on Myth, she'd have to get to the top of the building. Kyle and Nick followed her, down the hall. Sophie wrapped the brown jacket around her. She was back in her human attire rather than the festive dress she had borrowed in Scotland. She pulled the note out of her pocket and glanced from Nick to Kyle. "You're one strange kid you know that?" Kyle asked.

"I guess I am." Sophie said as she handed Kyle the folded note. He started unfolding. "What's this?" He asked, trying not to tear the paper. "It's for you and Nick." Sophie said, Nick leaned over Kyle's shoulder, Sophie nudged Myth to slump away. "Just let me get it." Nick said reaching for the paper. "She gave it to me." Kyle said ad Sophie rounded the corner. Myth bounded up the stairs as if he knew they were headed home. Just free fall. Sophie told herself swallowing hard, as she shoved open the door at the very top of the massive building. She had read her journal over and over until she knee it word for word, she nudged Myth into action, who didn't even hesitate, he trusted her so completely they started falling.

Sophie's blood roared in her ears, fear clawed at her heart. Had she really just ended her life? At the last second possible, her mind seemed to switch, snap to autopilot, shoving energy out of her mind it tore a hole in the middle of the sky, before dropping into the void. Drawing up the picture of Everglen, Sophie found herself tumbling and rolling in fresh grass, with Myth knocking the wind out of her, she hit pavement, scraping her face, she kept rolling down the grassy hill, she brought her arms up to protect her face, she felt her healing bruises getting hit. Finally stopping she sat up and shook her pony tail out. She stood up, and hurried after Myth who was barreling down, straight towards a frozen Dex.

As Sophie looked at the grin the split across Dex's face, she found herself realizing he was always the easiest to remember. Myth tackled Dex go the ground, covering him with slobbery kisses, Sophie slowed and took a deep breath, clutching her burning sides. If her journal was right that meant Iver's brother would have a line to her, he could pull her away at any given moment. She'd have to have another conjourer, cut those ties.

"Sophie!" Sophie stumbled back a step, as a crowd of people rushed to her. Then she spotted those teal blue eyes. The ones that were burned into her memory, that hovered over every memory, that haunted every dream. The eyes that made her stomach cartwheel straight into her backbone. The eyes that made her want to smother in that color.
A loud snarl cut through the air making everyone stop short and Myth jumped in front of Sophie. Sophie blinked, she didn't know these people. They were only from her journal, she went to Myth and wrapped her arms around his neck, as she observed the people. She knew their names, who they were, but why couldn't she remember them.

"Hello." She said nervously, as she smoothed Myth's bristled fur. He had saved her from an overwhelming and awkward meeting. Sophie tugged at the oversized sleeves of her jacket. As she spoke. "I need Edaline to cut my conjuring line." She said, not looking at them, she stared down at Myth had stopped growling as he sniffed. "Y-you don't remember us?" Biana asked. Sophie shook her head. "I um...I'm having to memory jog myself....it's... Complicated." Sophie said scratching her head. "Come inside. You said I nmeed to cut you line." Edaline said. "Who does it belong to?" She asked grim faced.

"Um...the Neverseen's leader's brother...who is kind of the leader." Sophie said, as she pulled Myth closer. "We'll have to have Elwin examine you first." Edaline said as she started leading the group back to the large building. "The...doctor?" Sophie asked recalling her moments with Elwin. "Yeah, he's saved you life a bunch of times." Dex said, as he walked on the other side of Myth. "Yeah..." Sophie stopped. "Delia is a spy." She blurted. "Don't trust her and get her out of Havenfield." Grady and Edaline stopped, "What?" They asked.

"Delia, she's a spy." Sophie shook her head. "Alvar...he told me. He..." Sophie looked at Alden and Della. "He isn't with the Neverseen."

"This poses a very big problem." Grady said as he grabbed his home crystal. "Why?" Keefe asked. "We just left Silveny in her care." Grady said holding up his crystal. Sophie cursed loudly -something she had picked up from Kyle- snatched Grady's crystal she cast a beam, and jumped into the light, With Myth right next to her.

(Wwwhhhaaaaaatt?????? Mind=blown. Am I right? No? *awkward pause* okay then. I'll start working on the next chapter.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 1.9K 54
COMPLETE Sophie Foster has had enough of the Neverseen. After years playing defense, she decides its time to play the offense. In this adventure Soph...
4.2K 68 17
Sophie Foster is in a toxic and abusive relationship with her current boyfriend, Steve. Sophie and her old friend and crush, Fitz Vacker bump into ea...
3.9K 91 16
Sophie Foster, Biana Vacker, Fitz Vacker, and Dex Dizznee have been friends before they could remember. But Sophie moved when she was 8, but then she...
29K 439 50
Unlocked has already come out, but what if the story had gone differently? What if Keefe had manifested a different ability? What if Oralie's cache...