Lost in Wanderlust

By boot_books

{ Highest Ranking #35 in Humour } 1st Place Winner - The Blueberry Awards || 2nd Place Winner - The Hidden Ge... More

1. The Packing
2. Pillow Fight
3. The Beginning
4. The Hilarious Incident
5. The Flight Scenes
6. The First Day
7. The Safari
8. Panorama Route
9. Piece of POOPSHIT
10. Just Bonfire Stuffs
11. Are You On Stupid Pills?
12. To be 'Lost In Wanderlust'
13. You're a POTTERHEAD!!!
A/N
15. Are you like checking me out?
A/N : BAD NEWS
16. Almost Dead
17. "We've Planned Something"
Tagged
18. Drakensberg Hiking Trail - Part 1
19. Drakensberg Hiking Trail - Part 2
20. Spooky Enough
21. The Creepy Cowshed
22. The Escape
23. Always Bounce Back
24. A Peak Into The Past
25. "We're Going Home!"
26. Parting Ways
27 - The Final Route

14. Eavesdropping is a bad habit!

114 12 59
By boot_books

The man turned around and it was none other than Zac!

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Jen was shocked and so were me and Aria.

"We boys decided to guard your tent. Each of us would guard for 2 hours each." He looked at the stuff in our hands, "Are you going for a mini war?" He frowned.

"That's so sweet of you!" Jen ran towards Zac and threw her arms around him.

Meanwhile me and Aria just stood there awkwardly.

20 minutes later

"Jen?" I called out. "Come on, I'm sleepy!"

Jen didn't move an inch away from Zac leaving me and Aria standing there making weird faces.

"Isn't she sleepy now?" Aria pointed towards Jennifer.

"Love makes you crazy my friend. It makes you forget everything else that you love!"

"You think she has moved on and removed Shawn from her heart, mind and soul?"

"I guess so. She looks happy with Zac!" I smiled looking at Zac and Jennifer.

"Yeah, she does!" Ariana looked at me in affirmation.

****

2053 sheep
2054 sheep
2055 sheep

Enough, I am not able to sleep. Yes, it's confirmed that I'm sleep deprived and depressed. That's why I'm not able to sleep. Maybe I should start taking some sort of drugs. But will that help me sleep?

Don't ask me. I don't know anything.

Huh! So some 30 minutes after 'The Zac Thing' we got inside our tent and slept our way through. But (Yes, there's always a 'but') I just couldn't fall asleep.

Staring at Ariana and Jennifer sleeping, I couldn't help but think about them. What would I do without them? What would my life be without them? Would I be same person I am right now without them? Would I be having any friends at all?

All these questions kept rotating in the orbits of my brain which resulted in no sleep at all!

I stood on my feet, grabbed my jacket. Unzipped the tent and crept out of it. The grass felt like cotton on my bare feet. It was cold and so I hugged myself with my arms through my chest. The tall trees around made me feel like a Disney princess on an adventure!

My eyes landes on a source of light coming from the North. I walked a few steps towards the light only to find a huge deep cliff. I tilted my head upwards to the sky covered in the blanket of dark clouds. The sky looked wonderful. Tiny stars twinkling above the huge black clouds. The moonlight donning the whole sky as the Moon is the King of the night.

I sat on the edge of the cliff swaying my legs down. I rested my palms on the ground and leaned backwards closing my eyes. I could feel the cold breeze running through my face.

"Having fun out here?" I heard a voice behind me.

I shot my eyes open and looked around.

"Yeah, I'm not able to sleep." I answered Jake.

He came towards me and adjusted himself beside me. The moonlight crept on his face making his well sculpted face shine in the dark. The stars made his eyes twinkle. He pulled off his hood from his head. His brown tresses looking beautiful as ever! I got lost in his beauty.

"You look beautiful!" His voice brought me back to my senses.

I didn't say anything, I just blushed and looked downwards, playing with my finger ring.

He cleared his throat, "So why can't you sleep?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I just couldn't sleep. Wait, why are YOU not sleeping?"

"Well, I was guarding the tent and then I saw you coming here so I followed you."

"Hey look, a shooting star!" He pointed at the sky.

I quickly closed my eyes and wished just for happiness!

A really cold breeze flew through me making me shiver. I saw Jake pulling out his hoodie and then he gave it to me. I covered myself with the hoodie and shifted close to Jake. I rested my head on his shoulder and he slid his hand on my back.

This moment felt perfect. None of us said anything but our actions spoke on behalf of our words. You know those cartoon characters with the girl's hair swaying in air resting her head on the boy's shoulder. Yes, I felt like that!
I closed my eyes and found my sleep on Jake's shoulder.

****

"Did you see the way she's smiling? You think she got laid last night?"

"But with whom? These fucking mosquitoes?

"No, you idiot. I'm saying maybe it was Jake..."

I heard these voices as I was sleeping. I got up at once hearing Jake's name. I was in my tent, with my clothes off and I just had my bikini on with Jake's hoodie over myself. The scenes of last night started flashing in front of me. Last what I remember is falling asleep on Jake's shoulder. What happened next? How did I end up like this? Did we have sex last night? I began breathing heavily!

I looked up at Jen and Aria, "What happened last night?"

They both looked at each other but none of them answered to my question.

"Damn it, just tell me!" I yelled and then tears began to fell off my eyes running through my cheeks. I didn't want Jake to think any low of me.

"Hey hey don't cry." Ariana and Jennifer came close to me and held my hands, "Hey, nothing happened okay? Jake carried you into the tent and then he left. You didn't have sex last night. Maybe you're not that lucky yet!" Jennifer laughed stating this.

I was confused.

You're always confused!

But how come I'm not wearing my clothes?

I looked at the girls furrowing my brows, "Where are my clothes?"

"They were stained and dirty so we removed it. Simple!" Ariana scoffed.

"But then what were y'all talking about?"

I saw a smirk on their face. Yes, their usual smirk. Damn it was a prank. And here I thought maybe me and Jake...

"You bitches are fucking dimwits!"

****

We all got ready for our journey towards the Sani Pass. I pulled on my blue jeans and a plain white Tee while Jennifer had her bright yellow off-shoulder top and denims on. Ariana looked beautiful in her striped palazzo and crop top.

I checked my handbag and got out of the tent only to see Jake in his White shirt and blue jeans strolling around. I don't know why but I felt awkward seeing him today. Usually, the blood in my veins boils up when I see him but today it was different. Today I felt tickles in my stomach.

"Come on Sofie. Let's get in the car." I heard Jen calling me out.

I quickly walked towards the car and settled myself in. I seated myself in the middle seat beside Aria. Zac told us that he was gonna drive and so Jen already stated that she would sit in the front seat. I didn't wanna sit with Jake so I asked Aria to sit with me in the middle seat and Caleb and Jake would sit in the last seat.

I saw Aria talking to Caleb. I signalled Jennifer and then we crept out of the car. We wanted to hear what they were talking. No, it's not a bad habit. We're just looking out for our best friend!

We ducked down and walked towards Jennifer. We hid behind a huge tree.

"You really look amazing today!" We heard Caleb complimenting Aria.

And she just blushed and looked downwards.

"You must be tired right? Like from all the driving yesterday, putting out these tents, and now packing it again. I wish I could do something to help you."

We snickered at this statement of Ariana.

"No, it's really fine. It would be a shame if I let you do anything. You're here to have fun and I'll make sure you get that." He held Ariana's hand.

"How can I say no to such a cute face?" She pointed at Caleb's face.

And me and Jen smirked at this comment. Aria rarely flirts with boys. So when she does, she must really really REALLY like the guy!

We heard Aria saying that she would wait in the car. So we jogged to the car before she could see us. We were breathing heavily. Ariana adjusted herself beside me and said "Eavesdropping is a bad habit girls!"

Me and Jen looked at each other but didn't utter a word!

****

The boys packed their camping stuff while we girls were waiting in the car. After some 30 minutes, the boys finally packed everything and hopped in the car.

"What took you guys so long? It was just packing!" Jen was frustrated.

Yes, she HATES waiting for anyone or anything. She just has to move forward.

"Yeah, it was just packing huge tents, tools, woods, water, blankets, sleeping beds, and few more huge stuff!" Zac said rolling his eyes.

"Whatever. So how many hours drive is this?"

"Four hours!"

****

Anytime I'm alone, I can't help thinking about you
All I want, all I need, all I see, is just me and you
He giving me that good shit
That make me not quit, that good shit
He giving me that good shit
That make me not quit, that good shit

I was singing along to Ariana Grande's song. My earphones dug into my ears, music on full volume. Sometimes I like to disconnect with everything and everyone. To just listen to music, sing my heart out, and care about nothing. To just cut myself out from the rest of the world.

Sometimes I just want to be alone. I just don't wanna be talked to. This is a time when I clear out my mind. Sometimes loneliness is the best way to think everything through. To think about yourself and what you want.

There was silence in the car. Jennifer was resting her head on the window enjoying the view. Ariana was lost in reading her book. Caleb was sleeping peacefully. Jake was busy in his phone. Zac had his attention on the road.

And suddenly I heard Aria scream, "WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK IS THIS? STOP THIS CAR RIGHT FUCKING NOW!"

It was so loud that I could hear it even with my loud music on.

"Dude, what happened?" I looked at her scared face. She was staring at something. I followed her gaze and looked at it.

"You got to be kidding me!"

***

A/N
Here you go! Cliffhanger again, haha, I know I'm evil *evil grin*.

Okay so time for Question of the day,

Who do you ship the most? Jake and Sofia, Zac and Jennifer or Caleb and Ariana?

Shower this book with votes, comments and reads and of course your LOVE!

Share this story as much as you can and help this story grow.

So, read, vote, comment and enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 11.7K 35
[2021 WATTYS SHORTLIST] A year ago, Natasha packed her bags and hopped on the first train out of her hometown in Hampshire, England, leaving behind a...
669K 28.2K 52
Aria has been cordially invited to the wedding of the century . According to her mom . Her older sister is finally marrying her high school sweethear...
27.6K 728 55
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...
1.1M 43.9K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...