A Weekend Away // l.s.

By aussie_direction

❝ I think sometimes, a new place can give you a new perspective on things and, well, you being here with me h... More

Description
Prologue
VOLUME I
Volume i - Chapter 2
Volume i - Chapter 3
Volume i - Chapter 4
Volume i - Chapter 5
Volume i - Chapter 6
Volume i - Chapter 7
Volume i - Chapter 8
Volume i - Chapter 9
Volume i - Chapter 10
Volume i - Chapter 11
Volume i - Chapter 12
Volume i - Chapter 13
Volume i - Chapter 14
Volume i - Chapter 15
Volume i - Chapter 16
Volume i - Chapter 17
Volume i - Chapter 18
VOLUME II
Volume ii - Chapter 19
Volume ii - Chapter 20
Volume ii - Chapter 21
Volume ii - Chapter 22
Volume ii - Chapter 23
Volume ii - Chapter 24
Volume ii - Chapter 25
Volume ii - Chapter 26
Volume ii - Chapter 27
Volume ii - Chapter 28
Volume ii - Chapter 29
Volume ii - Chapter 30
Volume ii - Chapter 31
Volume ii - Chapter 32
Volume ii - Chapter 33
Volume ii - Chapter 34
not an update
Volume ii - Chapter 35
Volume ii - Chapter 36
Volume ii - Chapter 37
Volume ii - Chapter 38
Volume ii - Chapter 39
Volume ii - Chapter 40
Volume ii - Chapter 41
Volume ii - Chapter 42
VOLUME III
Volume iii - Chapter 43
Volume iii - Chapter 44
Volume iii - Chapter 45
Volume iii - Chapter 46
Volume iii - Chapter 47
Volume iii - Chapter 48
Announcement
Volume iii - Chapter 49
Volume iii - Chapter 50
Volume iii - Chapter 51
Volume iii - Chapter 52
Volume iii - Chapter 53
Volume iii - Chapter 54
Volume iii - Chapter 55
Volume iii - Chapter 56
Volume iii - Chapter 57
Volume iii - Chapter 58
Volume iii - Chapter 59
Volume iii - Chapter 60
Epilogue (Part 1)
Epilogue (Part 2)
THE END
OTHER STORIES

Volume i - Chapter 1

17.7K 719 1K
By aussie_direction

Harry's POV

Niall and I walk home from school every day and go back to my place. He'll stay for a few hours, eat all my food and use our entire month's internet allowance until he decides to walk home.

Friday afternoon was no different.

Except I was really excited and he wouldn't be touching our internet allowance today.

Do you know what today is.....?

"Niall. Niall. Niall." I said over and over, poking his shoulder as we walked through the front door.

"For Christ's sake, Harry. What is it?" he sounded annoyed. OH WELL! I was happy.

"Louis' picking us up soon." I said with a large smile. I could practically feel him roll his eyes.

THAT'S RIGHT! IT'S CAMPING DAY! WOOOOOO!

We walked into the kitchen and as I sat down, Niall walked into the pantry.

That kid eats way too much, I swear...

"Correction," he said with a bag of crisps in his hand. "Louis and Gemma will be picking us up soon."

I didn't even care that my sister would be there. All I cared about was Louis. Sigh, Louis....

"Mate?" Niall was all of a sudden in front of me, snapping his fingers. When did that happen? I must have zoned out thinking about Louis.

"Yeah?" I said, still half dreaming about his gorgeous blue eyes.

"They're going to be here in half an hour. Have you packed yet?" Niall asked, sitting on the kitchen bench, facing me. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water before turning back to him.

"Of course, man! I am fully prepared for this." I was grinning stupidly again.

Louis and I for an entire weekend. The things we could do...

Niall laughed and shook his head. "You are way too excited..." he said under his breath.

"What?" I asked. I had heard him, I just wanted to make sure I heard him correctly.

"I said, do you have my bag? The one I left here the other day? I'm just going to take whatever's in that." He replied in between mouthfuls of crisps.

Sneaky bastard...

"Yes, Nialler." I said. "It's in my room." I narrowed my eyes at him, making him blush slightly as he jumped off the counter and headed upstairs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we were back down stairs, bags in hand, there was only 8 minutes until they would be here. Trust me, I know. I checked my watch periodically.

Niall was lying across the couch, his feet up and a sandwich on his stomach. I went over and sat down by his feet, which he moved to cover my lap.

Friends was playing on the TV. We love Friends, okay? It's really good...

I can feel you judging from here. Not cool, bro.

4 minutes later, according to my watch, the front door opened.

"Harry! We're here! You guys ready?" Gemma called out, not stepping inside, but yelling though the open door.

My smile grew. He was here. OHMYGOD HE'S HERE!

"C'mon, Harry. We'll be waiting in the car." She shouted again before shutting the door and returning to the beautiful specimen of a man who was just outside in the car.

Niall and I got up, grabbed our bags and headed outside. Just after I locked the door, he turned to me.

"Mate, I know you're excited, but please, try not to embarrass yourself this weekend, okay?" he said with a small smile and a raised eyebrow.

"Mate," I said, mimicking him. "I won't, trust me, okay? I'm good at hiding this. I've gotten really good..." I trailed off towards the end, kinda upset. I realised, for the billionth time, that he will never like me back.

I know, I know. I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. Every time I think of him, I get so happy. And then when I think too hard, I remember. He's straight. Then I get sad. Really sad. And Niall's always there to comfort me.

I'm sad now.

"C'mon, man. It will still be a good time, yeah? Let's go! C'mon, it'll all be okay!" he said, noticing the state I was working myself into. Niall always knew how to make me feel better. He's had practise.

Yes, this has happened before. Harry's a sad little child who mopes over his crush. Deal with it. Now, moving on.

We approached the car and I saw him. He was wearing a dark grey beanie and a black 'Killers' t-shirt with his aviator sunnies.

Fuck.

He looked gorgeous. Like, the 'to-die-for' kind of gorgeous. All of a sudden, my flannelette shirt and black skinnies left me feeling terribly inadequate. I looked so bad.

"Mate, you look fine. Now, get in the car and quit gawking!" Niall whispered in my ear and pushed me towards the vehicle. He knows.

He always knows.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Harry! Sup little bro," Louis said cheerily as we climbed in the backseat. He fist bumped Niall and said something about their mum. I don't know what. I was too busy looking into his eyes.

"...how are we all?" I only caught the end of his sentence.

"I-I, uh, g-" I stammered. Shit. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!

Niall started laughing at me. "Yeah he's fine Lou, aren't ya buddy!" he paused to punch my shoulder and laugh some more. "How are you guys? Still getting cosy with my bro, Gem?" he managed to get out between laughs.

I had turned bright read and was staring out the window, trying to brush off the embarrassment, but at that moment I chose to look up.

"Shut up, twat!" Louis replied with a laugh.

"You know I am, little Lou." She said back to Niall, using his nickname before leaning over to kiss him quickly.

Of course they fucking have to kiss the same time I look up. Just my luck...

Niall saw my face drop and patted my leg, trying to cheer me up, but I just put my headphones in and stared out the window again, my excitement gone.

Niall and Louis struck up a conversation and Gemma turned around to look at me. She had this weird look in her eye, like she suspected something. I was going to need to get better at hiding.

As much as I wanted this trip to be some extravagant way for Louis to confess his love for me, I felt like it wouldn't be...

Sigh. The life of a fangirl... I MEANT MAN, FANMAN! Damn it!

2 hours later and we had arrived. Niall shook we awake from my comfortable position in the backseat. My legs across him and my head on the window.

"Harry, mate. We're here." He whispered sweetly. I just groaned and swatted his hand away.

A week of school is tiring, okay?

"Mate," he said more forcefully. "Do not make this a repeat of our year 9 camp..."

Shit.

My eyes snapped open. We most certainly did not want a repeat of that. No we did not.

In year 9, we went on a school camp. Niall and I were in the same cabin and one morning, he couldn't wake me up. So he got a glass of water and threw it at my face before ripping my covers off me.

I wasn't wearing any clothes.

And the gay rumours started.

And I lost all my friends except for Niall.

YAY year 9 camp!

I'm really hoping you can sense the sarcasm here.

Anyway, Niall woke me up successfully and we jumped out the car. Louis and Gemma were already setting up their tent so Niall and I got to setting up ours.

It took a while, but we did it.

Then I got a good look at where we were.

I wasn't really sure where it was, to be honest. It was quite literally the middle of nowhere. We were in some national park near the ocean. I knew because I could hear it. There were big, tall pine trees all around us and I couldn't see any other form of human life.

Great.

If we die out here, no one will ever find our bodies.

Perfect.

You should probably get better at sensing my sarcasm, it's going to come up a lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 31.8K 52
❝What's a 'Lost Boy'?❞ ❝You're a Lost Boy!❞ ❝But... I'm not lost?❞
93.1K 1K 16
Exactly what the title says!!
6.5K 490 11
» 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 « Maybe a crazy woman, in the right moment in time, was exactly what Louis needed to mend his life and realize the things he lost...
254K 12.3K 52
Every night he stands in the middle of the road ㅡ I'm only there to pick him up. © DifferentButGood_1D 2017