Where Were You

By senseizayn

After 12 years apart will life bring Camila and Lauren crashing together? More

Starting Over
Golden Treasures
Some Familiarity
Don't Look Back In Anger
The Cabello Family Way
Remembering A Stranger
The Woman Who Struggles
My Star
Two Hot Brunettes With Benefits
And She Returns
A Cry That Cannot Be Heard
Changing For The Better
The Keeper Of Hearts
Welcome Back Lauren Jauregui
Maybe It's Just Me
Listen To What You're Not Saying
Green Eyed Girl
Coach Who?
And She Was Spotted
Can't Blame Me, Can You?
Connect The Cabellos
Poisoned Name
Blanked And Shattered
Tomorrow, Tomorrow
You Too
Welcome To Dylan's New World
Don't Thank Me
I Always Think Of You
Slowly But Surely
Pieces To Be Complete
The Voice Of A Mother
Well, Congratulations
Moody Cabello Needs Some Thing
Points Underneath
For Dylan
The Hockey Moms
Musician vs Rock Star
It Kind Of Tickled
So Many Questions, So Little Answers
Stupid Yes, Asshole No
It Has To Mean Something
The Kiss That Never Ended
Grown Ups & Little Girl Crushes
Ready, Set, Chase
Ice Cream & Ch Ch Ch Changes
It's Her Time To Shine
Just Say Yes
Right On Target
Girls & Their Hockey
Morning Coffee
All In A Day, Part One
All In A Day, Part Two
Insert Foot Here
Snowflakes Aren't The Only Things Fallin
The Dawn Is Breaking
Collide
Feeling The Heartache
Room For The Cabellos?
Family Under Construction
Picture Perfect
My Place
Her Place
Dude's Got A Point
Sleepless In Camila's Bed
Lucas Learns, Lauren Teaches
The Great Detective Cabello
Ten Feet Off The Ground
Fluttered Heart
Surprised Is Served
Just Another Phone Call
Daddy Who?
When I Grow Up
Lady Killer
All That I'm Living For
Baby Packs A Punch
The Trouble With Love Is
Must Be
The Phone Call
Blanket of Security
Underneath The Cabello Household
Why So Awkward?
Just For A Moment
Lost Lovers, Forever Friends
Sleepy Head Jauregui
My Mom, My Piano Playing Hero
We Are Family
In Need Of A Cool Off
Troubled Teens
Tears of Self Deprecation
Last Day of the Year
Please Spare Me
I'm Yours Too
All I Ever Needed Was You
A Suite Night
Full House, Ace Is Low
Scribbled Note
Homeward Bound
I Don't Understand
Conspiracy
And They Called It Puppy Love
Feisty PreTeen
An Unexpected Decision
Camila, the Hero
Love At First Sight
The Engraved Guitar
Collecting Attitude
Separation
Move Along
Girl Talk
The Missing Piece
On Location
Desktop Love
First Heartbreak
One Step Closer
I'm Not Dreaming
Baby Steps to Healing
Exposed
Let's Get Down to Business
No Rest for the Insatiable
Wedding Countdown
You're It For Me
You Are Now Leaving Midtown

It Takes Time

5.2K 129 7
By senseizayn

Lauren's PoV

"Jackson, could you please stop speaking while I am?" I raised an eyebrow at the young skater student and sat at the edge of the desk. "Look, I know it sucks that you have to still learn things when your teacher is away, but just because I'm the substitute, doesn't mean I'll take any crap."

"I don't have a problem learning Miss J," Jeff smirked and sat back in his seat, his eyes raking up and down me, "you can teach anything you want too. You definitely have my attention."

"Fuck off you pervert." Jaiden snapped her head in Jeff's direction and flipped him the bird.

"Jaiden, language please?" I sighed but smirked a little. Lucas had given her the 'look out for my Momma' speech long ago. "As for you Jeff, I'd appreciate it if you keep your eyes above my chest area or I'll be sending you to the office."

Jaiden smirked.

Jeff slumped in his seat, his eyes dropping down to his notebook.

"Who wants to come up and read their poem?" I looked around the class for any volunteers.

Mrs. George was out sick and since it was my free period, I was asked to teach the class. I was given simple instructions for the students to read their poems and analyze a few from their texts.

Knowing how I was back in high school, no teacher meant slacking off so I wasn't getting the attention, then again I didn't expect it.

"I'll go." Jaiden shrugged and stood up, making her way towards me and sat on top of my desk, popping her gum. "Okay so, I just kind of scribbled this down but Mrs. George wanted us to write something unique yet honest. It's called 'Soul Elements'."

"Okay, whenever you're ready." I stayed where I was and had my eyes on the rest of the students in the class.

"Black leaves are turning yet again

I wonder how long this feeling will last,

Red raindrops fall from her pain

Lining up a path, the way breaking so fast

Blue lightening strikes with force

Killing the energy from within,

Letting the current run its course

Driving her sanity into oblivion

She cannot see her way no more,

She cannot speak of how she feels,

The elements have taken over her soul

And to her alone she'll only be real"

Jaiden stopped and looked around the quiet classroom and then to me. She shrugged when I frowned slightly and made her way back to her seat.

"Thank you Jaiden, that was very deep." I smiled and clapped my hands together. I was supposed to question their subject on the poems but sometimes art screamed 'privacy needed'. Lucas taught me that one.

"She's probably gonna emo herself in the washroom during lunch." Jeff laughed.

Jaiden's lips twitched but she kept her eyes focused on her hands.

"Jeff, office. Now." I pointed towards the door.

"What?! Why?" He argued.

"Now." I stood up straight. "You wanna mouth off with things that don't concern you, go do it in the office. I'll not tolerate that kind of behaviour in my classroom, or any other for the matter."

He mumbled an apology and Jaiden smiled gratefully towards me.

"If anyone else is going to interrupt my class, I suggest you pack up, leave and expect detention." I crossed my arms and paced in front of the desk. When no one else bothered to move, I nodded and called upon another student to read their poem.

The bell rang and the class started to pile out in a hurry. "Jai," I stopped her and she dropped her bag before clinging to me, crying.

--

Chase poured me a cup of coffee and sighed. "She's just so reclusive."

"She's a teenage girl who just had her heart ripped out of her chest and stomped on." Ephiny blew on her hot coffee and flinch when Chase slapped her lightly on the arm. "What was that for?"

"Do you have to be so harsh?" The blonde raised an eyebrow then glanced at me. "She didn't say anything to you at all?"

"No." I shook my head and played with the napkin beside me. "She read a poem in class and the just broke down right after the bell rang. Eliza didn't even say goodbye before moving back to Thunder Bay with her parents last week." I frowned and thought back to when I never even had a 'proper' goodbye with Spencer when she left for Quebec for hockey.

Chase's expression was pensive and tossed her stir stick onto the table. "I hate that we never prepared ourselves for this." She said to her wife.

"Well you can't exactly prepare for this Chase." Ephiny replied softly and grasped the other woman's hand. "All heartbreaks are different. Don't you remember yours?"

Chase nodded. "This is Jai we're talking about. Sure she can be a little moody but she's never quiet. I miss hearing her yell at us for making out on the couch when she's only a room away."

I laughed and they smiled at me. "Lucas is the same."

"Speaking of her," Ephiny licked her lips, "do you think she knows everything that's going on with Jaiden?"

"Yes." I snorted. "Those two share everything. Which has me and Camz worried at times," I finished thoughtfully.

"You think we could weasel a few things out of her?" The brunette raised both eyebrows, wiggling in her seat a bit.

I smirked. "Doubtful. Lucas won't even let us what's going on."

"Damn." Chase muttered.

"Ladies, just breathe okay? Jaiden's going to come around and I'll tell you that I've heard her laugh a couple of times with Lucas so I know she'll be okay." I assured them. "When she's ready to talk about it she'll come to you."

The chimes above Rapture's entrance rang and we all swung around to see Camila walk in with the kids in front of her. Her eyes caught mine and she gave me a soft smile, pointing towards the booth.

"I guess that's my cue to get back to work." Ephiny scrunched up her nose a bit and made her way towards our regular booth.

"Lauren?" Chase placed a hand on my shoulder. "Thank you for watching over Jai for us. I know she'll come around but knowing that you're there for her, even if it's in a silent kind of way, it makes me and Eph feel a lot better."

"She's like family, I really don't mind." I gave her a reassuring smile and grabbed my cup of coffee. "I'll try and get some details from Luc but you have to promise you won't let it be known."

"I swear." The older blonder grinned and crossed her fingers over her chest. "You have my word."

I nodded and joined my family at the table. "How was school?"

"Lame-o." Lucas sighed with a scowl and banged her head on the table. "I have homework this weekend."

"It'll keep you busy." Camila winked and was met with the stink eye from her brunette hair daughter. "Come on, you love homework."

"Not when it keeps me away from Jaid I don't." Lucas rolled her eyes and grabbed her sketchbook, placing it in front of her.

"I have homework." Dylan shrugged. "I have to do a project on an animal of my choice."

"Cows go moo." Matthew beamed from his booster seat and I laughed, ruffling up his curls.

"That's right." Camila grinned and gave me a wink.

"I was thinking maybe lions? I love lions. They're fast. I like fast things." Dylan nodded to herself and leaned over her sister, "can you draw me a lion picture for my project?"

Lucas smiled widely and wrapped her arm around Dylan's shoulder. "Anything for you, sis."

All eyes turned towards the door when someone walked through and blue eyes locked onto our booth. "Ah the whole family is here." Jaiden smiled softly and made her way towards us.

"Where else would we be?" Camila smirked and looked over the healthy side of the menu. "It Friday and I don't feel like cooking."

"Me neither." I shrugged and smiled when Matthew pointed to his favourite food: chicken fingers. "Is that what you want?"

"Please." His green eyes were pleading and ran my hand through his thick curls, nodding.

"So hey," Jaiden cleared her throat and moved around to where Lucas was, "do you think she can spend the night tonight?"

Lucas eyes went wide as she stared at Camila's reaction and then landing her gaze on me. She didn't beg like she normally would, she sat their patiently waiting for an answer.

"I don't know, she does have homework." Camila raised an eyebrow and smiled a little.

"Please, she'll have that done before eight tonight." Jaiden rolled her eyes and pouted, more so than Lucas was. "Please Momma?"

Camila looked at me and nodded. "Okay but we'll be picking you up around lunch tomorrow. We have a family lunch to go to that my company is throwing."

Dylan grabbed Matthew's hand and tilted her head. "Looks like it's just me and you tonight kid."

Matthew didn't seem to mind. He giggled and repeated Dylan's name a few times before grabbing one of crayons Ephiny placed in front of them.

"Great!" Jaiden kissed Camila's forehead, then mine. "I'll come by later and pick her up."

Chase and Ephiny watched their daughter run towards the back with amusing grins before turning back towards us.

"Thank you." Lucas smiled gratefully. "I hate seeing her heartbroken."

"We know baby." Camila squeezed her hand. "So what would you like to eat?"

I took a moment to watch everyone interact with each other. Lucas curled into Camila's side, repeating her thanks once again; Dylan showing Matthew how to draw hearts and other shapes while laughing together; and I was just happy to be there, experiencing every moment with them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 8.6K 36
What happens when Camila finds a Girl with absolutely nothing but her son. Will Laurens hidden life come up and break her relationship with Camila...
94.4K 1.9K 29
MAKE SURE YOU READ LOCK & KEY FIRST! Camila and Lauren are still together and now they have their own little family. Fifth Harmony came to an end w...
1.8M 43.2K 75
Lauren and Camila have been friends for years, what happens when Lauren can't handle seeing Camila with her girlfriend any longer. To what extremes w...
2.2M 41.6K 30
Camren FanFic. Lauren G!P.