Where Were You

By senseizayn

After 12 years apart will life bring Camila and Lauren crashing together? More

Starting Over
Golden Treasures
Some Familiarity
Don't Look Back In Anger
The Cabello Family Way
Remembering A Stranger
The Woman Who Struggles
My Star
Two Hot Brunettes With Benefits
And She Returns
A Cry That Cannot Be Heard
Changing For The Better
The Keeper Of Hearts
Welcome Back Lauren Jauregui
Maybe It's Just Me
Listen To What You're Not Saying
Green Eyed Girl
Coach Who?
And She Was Spotted
Can't Blame Me, Can You?
Connect The Cabellos
Poisoned Name
Blanked And Shattered
Tomorrow, Tomorrow
You Too
Welcome To Dylan's New World
Don't Thank Me
I Always Think Of You
Slowly But Surely
Pieces To Be Complete
The Voice Of A Mother
Well, Congratulations
Moody Cabello Needs Some Thing
Points Underneath
For Dylan
The Hockey Moms
Musician vs Rock Star
It Kind Of Tickled
So Many Questions, So Little Answers
Stupid Yes, Asshole No
It Has To Mean Something
The Kiss That Never Ended
Grown Ups & Little Girl Crushes
Ready, Set, Chase
Ice Cream & Ch Ch Ch Changes
It's Her Time To Shine
Just Say Yes
Right On Target
Girls & Their Hockey
Morning Coffee
All In A Day, Part One
All In A Day, Part Two
Insert Foot Here
The Dawn Is Breaking
Collide
Feeling The Heartache
Room For The Cabellos?
Family Under Construction
Picture Perfect
My Place
Her Place
Dude's Got A Point
Sleepless In Camila's Bed
Lucas Learns, Lauren Teaches
The Great Detective Cabello
Ten Feet Off The Ground
Fluttered Heart
Surprised Is Served
Just Another Phone Call
Daddy Who?
When I Grow Up
Lady Killer
All That I'm Living For
Baby Packs A Punch
The Trouble With Love Is
Must Be
The Phone Call
Blanket of Security
Underneath The Cabello Household
Why So Awkward?
Just For A Moment
Lost Lovers, Forever Friends
Sleepy Head Jauregui
My Mom, My Piano Playing Hero
We Are Family
In Need Of A Cool Off
Troubled Teens
Tears of Self Deprecation
Last Day of the Year
Please Spare Me
I'm Yours Too
All I Ever Needed Was You
A Suite Night
Full House, Ace Is Low
Scribbled Note
Homeward Bound
I Don't Understand
Conspiracy
And They Called It Puppy Love
Feisty PreTeen
An Unexpected Decision
Camila, the Hero
Love At First Sight
The Engraved Guitar
Collecting Attitude
Separation
Move Along
Girl Talk
The Missing Piece
On Location
Desktop Love
First Heartbreak
It Takes Time
One Step Closer
I'm Not Dreaming
Baby Steps to Healing
Exposed
Let's Get Down to Business
No Rest for the Insatiable
Wedding Countdown
You're It For Me
You Are Now Leaving Midtown

Snowflakes Aren't The Only Things Fallin

8.1K 182 30
By senseizayn

Lauren's PoV

"Hey babygirl," I knocked softly on Dylan's bedroom door and opened it, to find her face first in her pillow, "can I come in?"

She grunted and I took it as a yes. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I smiled softly as she peeked at me through the space between her arm and pillow.

"I called her mom." Dylan sat up and hung her head.

"You did," I couldn't help but smile a little, "and there's nothing wrong with that."

"But she's not you!" Dylan gasped and scowled.

"No," I shrugged, Camila was much better than me, "but listen," I tucked a lose curl behind her ear and pulled her into a hug, "we've talked about this before Dyl and I think you calling her that made her really happy."

"She's too nice to say otherwise." Dylan sniffled.

"Did you see the way her eyes lit up?" I pulled back and cupped her small face. "She loves you just as much as I do," I whispered because I knew it was true, "so calling her 'mom' is completely okay."

"But-"

"-and I'm not upset." I peered at her through honest eyes. "If you're worried that I'm upset or jealous, you don't need to be baby, okay? In fact," I whispered as if what I was about to say was a huge secret, "I really liked hearing you call her that."

"You did?" Dylan blushed with a small smile.

I nodded and kissed her forehead softly. "Come on," I pulled her up to her feet, "let's finish our food so you can show me your awesome hockey puck your boyfriend gave you."

"MOM!" She screeched as we entered the hallway, "He's not my boyfriend!"

"IS TOO!" We heard Lucas yell from downstairs and chuckled.

"Come on." I nudged her lightly and grabbed her hand.

The rest of the dinner went smoothly. No one managed putting their foot in their mouths either. I helped Camila clear the table and she batted me away from the kitchen, telling me I had done enough for the evening and she sit my gorgeous ass down on the couch and relax. I smirked.

She wanted me.

//

"Damn your girl is fast on that ice." Normani laughed as she sat beside me by the concession.

Don't I know it.

"And hot." I murmured, sipping on my third hot chocolate of the day.

"Should I be wise and not answer that?" Normani asked, chuckling as I smirked at her. "Nah, Camila loves the game and she shows it. I've come to the conclusion that I rather enjoy playing with her than against her."

I smiled and nodded, watching Normani's profile as she looked down at the rink where the zamboni was polishing the ice for another game later on in the day. "Hey Normani," her grey eyes met mine, chewing on her bottom lip while she fiddled with her jersey, "I'm sorry for everything."

"Don't worry about it," she shrugged it off, "I get where you're coming from. Trust me." She stood up as Camila made our way towards us. "Treat her good though Jauregui or else I make no promises."

//

"Hey," Normani sat next to me on the couch and smiled.

"Hi." I sat up a little and heard Camila laughing in the kitchen with Sammy and Ryn. Tristan braved the snowstorm to have a smoke.

"So listen," she shifted to face me, "I wasn't exactly the nicest person when it came to you and I wanted to apologize for some of it."

"Some of it?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well yea," she shrugged but smiled anyway, "I mean, you deserved the other parts. Like leaving a gorgeous brunette alone on grad day."

I narrowed my eyes a little defensively. "You didn't seem so concerned at the time, being there with her family and all."

"Oh please Lauren, get off of it." Normani scoffed with a laugh. "That morning you came to her at the arena and completely broke it off with her, I was in the locker room. I had to hear her cry over you for years; not days, not weeks, not even months – but years."

"That is-"

"-none of my business, I know." She waved it off and curled her feet up, getting more comfortable. "I spent practically every single day with Camila and yes, it felt good but she looked like shit. I tried to get her to move on and you know, she just didn't want too."

"Is this a guilt trip? Because I've been through it, I'm living it." I said firmly and she just shrugged.

"Look," Normani sighed, "Camila's happy. She has been walking on cloud nine ever since you've been back and I just have to thank you. I didn't like to see her sad or upset and using other women – she's not me."

I chewed on my nails briefly and was happy inside to know that I made some sort of difference in the brunette's life.

"But make no mistake Jauregui," Normani leaned in closer and her voice lowered quietly, "you seriously break her heart again, I'm not going to be standing right by her side," she quickly looked behind her to see if anyone was coming, "I'll be out gunning for your ass."

I sat back and frowned.

"Other than the whole leaving her heartbroken, some of the things I said about you were just out of anger." Normani patted my knee. "And for that I am sorry."

"It's okay, I wasn't exactly saying nice things about you either." I shrugged. "I apologize as well."

"Well," she bit her lip, "I've never slept with her, which I'm sure you know by now. Just know that I tried."

I had to laugh because Normani was just being – Normani. She liked the attention and to think she was hot stuff. I had to admit she did get a little hotter in her late twenties. Long brown hair always tucked behind her ears, her grey eyes sparkling.

"But she is a good kisser, right?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Fuck. Yes." Normani nodded with a snicker.

"Language!" Camila came around the corner and plopped herself in the middle between us. Lucky for Normani, the girls were upstairs getting ready for bed. "So what are we fucking?"

I nearly spit out my water and Camila chuckled.

"I should rephrase that." She said innocently. "Are my two favourite big people getting along?"

"We are." I smiled and leaned back a bit more.

"Good, because judging how bad it's snowing out there and the road is closed, we're all kind of stuck here tonight." Camila patted my knee and stood up again. "Uh, I have two other spare rooms; the study has a pull out couch so I'm giving it to Ryn and Tristan. You and Sammy can have Sofi's room."

Odd.

"Sweet," Normani rolled her eyes, "sharing a bed with Sofi's ex in Sofi's bed. That won't be awkward."

"Whatever, you want my bed?" Camila raised an eyebrow.

"Uh no," Normani laughed and stood up, "the spare is fine." She skipped out of the living room and into the kitchen.

I glanced at Camila and smiled, "so are the girls ready for bed?"

"Almost, they're huddled under the blanket talking about the Maple Leafs game Sam wants to take them to." Camila grinned and moved so that she could face me. "Is it okay that Dyl goes?"

I nodded. "Only if the roads are clear."

"Deal." Camila grinned and cupped the back of my neck, "so, I hope you don't mind but I was hoping maybe you'd spend the night in my bed, with me?"

I tilted my head and hid the smile within. "What about the girls?"

Camila bit her lip. "We'll sneak you in after they're sleeping. We'll be up long before they wake in the morning."

I wished we could tell them about 'us' but at the same time, I didn't even know what 'us' meant. It wasn't exactly discussed and yes, we've slept together once but that didn't change the fact that we were in a delicate situation anymore.

'Us' also involved two little girls.

I smiled and squeezed her hand, "you know I could just take this couch."

Camila scoffed and frowned. "No way Lo, I will not allow you to sleep on the couch," she glanced at her lap and furrowed her eyebrows, "do you not want too?"

"Camz," I smiled softly, "you know I do. I just don't exactly know- I mean... what are we?"

Camila sat back and raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," I sighed, "you and me... what are we?"

"Hot?" Camila smiled and stopped when I looked at her seriously. She still had a problem at taking some things seriously.

"Camila." I sighed and she cleared her throat.

"I really don't know." She confessed in a soft whisper.

I nodded and moved to get up but she grabbed me and pulled me into her lap, her arms wrapping around my waist. "I don't think I've told you just how beautiful you are lately," she whispered, her eyes boring into mine, "because you really take my breath away every time I see you."

She couldn't take certain things seriously but she still had a way with words.

I melted.

"Camz," I blushed and she squeezed my hips, kissing my cheek softly.

"Should we leave you two alone?" Normani came in the room with another bottle of beer in one hand, and Sammy's hand in the other.

I think it was safe to say Normani got the girl and freaked out over nothing.

"Um," Camila smiled and I stood up, "actually, we're just going to go check on the girls."

"Save this spot for me," I whispered to Sammy, who smiled as I was tugged up towards the stairs with Camila. "Look at that snow," I gasped as we passed the large window in the hallway between the bathroom and Dylan's room, "wow, I can't even see the lake."

Camila stopped and stepped to my side, her eyes lighting up at the thick and heavy snow flakes falling right outside. We stood there for a few minutes in silence and then I felt her hand find mine, lacing her fingers loosely with my own. I could feel her eyes on me briefly and I smiled a little, squeezing her hand. "Everything." She whispered.

"What?" I blinked and looked at her.

"You asked me what we were," she replied quietly, her eyes flickering to look back out towards the icy lake, "we're everything."

A few more moments passed and I turned to face her, cupping her face and pressing my lips against hers softly. "Everything," I breathed against her lips and I felt her smile.

We pulled apart and quickly made our way to Dylan's room, finding the bed empty. Camila chuckled softly and walked across the hall to see her daughter passed out on one end of the bed with the blanket over her face while Dylan's head was resting on the brunette's stomach, fast asleep.

"They had a big day," Camila whispered and moved into the room carefully. She pulled another blanket over Dylan and quickly gave a kiss on both of their foreheads. I followed suit, briefly hesitating on kissing Lucas but in a way, it felt natural.

We closed the door and Camila leaned against it, looking at me. "Dyl was upset about letting 'mom' slip out, wasn't she?"

"A little." I nodded. "She was more upset because she thought that I'd be mad."

"Are you?" Camila asked, her eyes shifting from my lips to my eyes.

"No," I laughed quietly and licked my lips, "it actually makes me happy inside."

"Me too." Camila blushed and pulled me back towards the stairs.

--

Sammy's PoV

Her hair was pulled back tightly and her sweater that she had on was carelessly lying on the floor. I watched as she turned the page and began to read some more. My feet were crossed and I could hear the crackling of the fire in the living room with smooth voices that belonged to Camila and Lauren. I was happy they were getting along so well – after all that had happened.

"Normani," I whispered and she frowned a little bit, bringing the book closer to her face as she continued to read. I sighed and scratched my cheek before kneeling up on the mattress and looking straight at her, "Normani."

Nothing.

We had made out for the longest time before she pulled back and told me she was thirsty. Normani went up to get a drink and came back with an interesting book instead.

Really?

It was a lesbian erotica book as well. You know the ones the Nicole Foster edits? The good ones.

What I didn't understand was that she had a hot lesbian in the same bed as her yet she still wanted to read about them?

I leaned forward a bit more and tried to make more eye contact with her. "Normani," I whispered, blowing some of my light brown hair away from my eyes.

She didn't budge.

I sighed in frustration and was about to take her book away but decided against it. Instead, I stepped off the bed and stood there, my hands grasping the edge of my hoodie, slowly dragging it up, over my ribs until it was off completely.

I was completely topless.

She still wasn't looking.

"For fuck sakes Normani!" I hissed and she jumped, looking up and dropping the book from her hand. I was wearing a scowl but she didn't know that because she was gawking at my breasts. I leaned forward and picked up my shirt, about to pull it back on when I felt her shoot up and throw it clear across the room. "I've been trying to get your attention," I whispered as her grey eyes darkened instantly. I moved my hand to her hair and undid the ponytail. Her straight hair falling over her shoulders in that sexy way only she managed to pull off.

"You have it," she husked in a tone that I had never heard before, "all of it." Her hands were on my bare waist, her thumbs moving in slow circles up my ribcage, but that time her eyes were on mine.

I felt her muscles flex and before I knew it, I was on my back and her mouth was hot on mine.

Oh yeah, I definitely had her attention.

I could feel her attention as soon as she pressed her thigh between my legs.

And just like the snow outside, I just kept on falling into everything she had to offer me.

--

Camila's PoV

I yawned sleepily as we made our way to my bedroom. Lauren had fallen asleep with her head in my lap while we were watching an old movie and I knew she would end up getting a cramp in her neck if she stayed like that any longer.

It was well passed midnight and I could hear movement coming from the room Normani and Sammy were sharing. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was going on there. Ryn and Tristan left the den room door open so I knew with the lights off they were fast asleep. Plus Ryn had a thing about having sex under the same roof as children – it freaked her out.

It was a good thing she wasn't planning on having any.

"I seepy," Lauren mumbled as we reached the bed. She flopped down almost face first and yawned, kicking off her pants, leaving her in white boy shorts.

I smiled and undressed myself, throwing Lauren an extra jersey from my closet.

"I still have the one you gave me for graduation," she whispered quietly while putting the blue jersey on. It wasn't one I wore for a team I played, it was one that was given to me by Normani when she thought I was going to have a boy.

"Good," I managed to pull down the covers without tripping over my own feet because Lauren took off her underwear in front of me. "Uh," I cleared my throat and did a happy dance inside.

"I hate sleeping in underwear," she shrugged, her green eyes smiling.

"Me too." I nodded and quickly discarded mine before sliding under the covers. "What are your plans for tomorrow?"

"Oh," Lauren smacked her forehead with her hand and scowled as she rubbed it gently, "I completely forgot to tell you that I found the perfect small house."

"Really?" I asked excitedly. "Where?"

"Here, in Keewatin I mean," she bounced a little bit on the bed and settled briefly, "I actually saw one in Lakeside but decided against it."

Lakeside was a neighbourhood at least twenty minutes away; Kenora's biggest community which also held the Recreation Centre.

"It's a good place though, Lo," I frowned.

"I know," she shrugged and leaned against the head board, "but I've been reading up on the school systems and how they work," she looked out the window where the snow had started to ease off a bit, "if we move there, Dylan would have to go to King George instead of Keewatin Public."

Oh.

"Oh." I frowned and chewed on my bottom lip.

"I wouldn't want to be the one to rip her and Luc apart, you know?" Lauren smiled and shrugged. "So I found this cute house I'm going to look at tomorrow. It's on McLean Avenue."

"Ou!" My ears perked up a bit. "That's not even a ten minute ride from here!"

Lauren laughed softly. "Actually," she moved and pointed out towards the window. My bedroom faced the lake and with the snow settling down, seeing across it was a little more visible, "it's right across there. Not exactly waterfront, but I can still see your house from it."

I grinned even wider and stepped behind her, my chin resting on her shoulder. "I hope you get it," I whispered.

"I know I will," she looked over her shoulder and me and smiled lightly, "I have the money Camz, I mean," she played with my fingers, "I have all that inheritance money and then I still get a percentage from Sofi because we wrote those songs together. All of them."

"Wow," I breathed and smiled, "that's really good, Lo."

"I also have a job interview on Monday." She laughed softly and made her way back towards the bed. "It was the weirdest thing, I was actually at the girls' school today meeting Dylan's teachers. I know, you would never catch me in a school on a Saturday twelve years ago, right?"

"Yea." I chuckled and crawled under the covers, waiting for her to continue.

"So the Principal, Mrs. Todd, asked me about what I've been doing with myself career wise and I told her the truth, you know? I mean, Dyl's older now and her name is back to Jauregui, so I told her about working on Sofi's albums in the beginning and how I took classes for music and entrepreneurship." Lauren spoke in a confident tone that I had to admit I never really heard before. It was refreshing.

"Did she offer you a position at the school?" I sounded like an excited school girl.

"Ha," she chuckled and shook her head, "no but she did say that they were looking for a music teacher at the public high school. She would put a good word in for me as long as I gathered up some references."

"Lauren!" I squealed quietly and pulled her in for a hug. "That is awesome!"

Lauren pulled back, her eyes burning into my own. "This is an amazing feeling," she whispered, "and every time I think about it, I feel like I don't deserve it."

I frowned and pressed my forehead against hers. "You do though," I ran my thumb gently over her lips softly, "more than you'll know."

I was proud of her.

I was happy to see her green eyes sparkle and to see just how genuine her smile was.

It made me happy.

She made me happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.4K 1.9K 29
MAKE SURE YOU READ LOCK & KEY FIRST! Camila and Lauren are still together and now they have their own little family. Fifth Harmony came to an end w...
10.2K 267 26
It's a Camren fanfic. Fifth Harmony after 4 years of success they break up in the most tragic way. The only ones that continued their career is Laure...
246K 7.1K 21
*NEW COVER ART* An accident brought them together. Two girls from completely different worlds. They barely knew each other but they quickly became ev...
720K 12.7K 32
Camila and Lauren are just 2 girls in highschool. But when they are paired up for a project they will be forced to get to know each other. They turne...