Where Were You

By senseizayn

After 12 years apart will life bring Camila and Lauren crashing together? More

Starting Over
Golden Treasures
Some Familiarity
Don't Look Back In Anger
The Cabello Family Way
Remembering A Stranger
The Woman Who Struggles
My Star
Two Hot Brunettes With Benefits
And She Returns
A Cry That Cannot Be Heard
Changing For The Better
The Keeper Of Hearts
Welcome Back Lauren Jauregui
Maybe It's Just Me
Listen To What You're Not Saying
Green Eyed Girl
Coach Who?
And She Was Spotted
Can't Blame Me, Can You?
Connect The Cabellos
Poisoned Name
Blanked And Shattered
Tomorrow, Tomorrow
You Too
Welcome To Dylan's New World
Don't Thank Me
I Always Think Of You
Slowly But Surely
Pieces To Be Complete
The Voice Of A Mother
Well, Congratulations
Moody Cabello Needs Some Thing
Points Underneath
For Dylan
Musician vs Rock Star
It Kind Of Tickled
So Many Questions, So Little Answers
Stupid Yes, Asshole No
It Has To Mean Something
The Kiss That Never Ended
Grown Ups & Little Girl Crushes
Ready, Set, Chase
Ice Cream & Ch Ch Ch Changes
It's Her Time To Shine
Just Say Yes
Right On Target
Girls & Their Hockey
Morning Coffee
All In A Day, Part One
All In A Day, Part Two
Insert Foot Here
Snowflakes Aren't The Only Things Fallin
The Dawn Is Breaking
Collide
Feeling The Heartache
Room For The Cabellos?
Family Under Construction
Picture Perfect
My Place
Her Place
Dude's Got A Point
Sleepless In Camila's Bed
Lucas Learns, Lauren Teaches
The Great Detective Cabello
Ten Feet Off The Ground
Fluttered Heart
Surprised Is Served
Just Another Phone Call
Daddy Who?
When I Grow Up
Lady Killer
All That I'm Living For
Baby Packs A Punch
The Trouble With Love Is
Must Be
The Phone Call
Blanket of Security
Underneath The Cabello Household
Why So Awkward?
Just For A Moment
Lost Lovers, Forever Friends
Sleepy Head Jauregui
My Mom, My Piano Playing Hero
We Are Family
In Need Of A Cool Off
Troubled Teens
Tears of Self Deprecation
Last Day of the Year
Please Spare Me
I'm Yours Too
All I Ever Needed Was You
A Suite Night
Full House, Ace Is Low
Scribbled Note
Homeward Bound
I Don't Understand
Conspiracy
And They Called It Puppy Love
Feisty PreTeen
An Unexpected Decision
Camila, the Hero
Love At First Sight
The Engraved Guitar
Collecting Attitude
Separation
Move Along
Girl Talk
The Missing Piece
On Location
Desktop Love
First Heartbreak
It Takes Time
One Step Closer
I'm Not Dreaming
Baby Steps to Healing
Exposed
Let's Get Down to Business
No Rest for the Insatiable
Wedding Countdown
You're It For Me
You Are Now Leaving Midtown

The Hockey Moms

7K 189 44
By senseizayn

Lauren's PoV

It was snowing big flakes outside and I watched as they landed on the ground, giving the ground a more 'cleaner' visual to it. I locked my car door and bit my lip, stuffing my hands into my pockets, walking towards the entrance of the café.

I noticed they were already inside. I could see Camila's smile from a mile away as she watched the girls tell a story. I took a deep breath and opened the door, cringing inwardly as the chimes went off.

All eyes were on me.

"Mommy!" Dylan scurried out of the booth and ran to me, flinging her arms around my neck as I bent down to pick her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist and I closed my eyes, feeling content instantly.

"Hey you," I whispered and she pulled back, grinning like a big girl, "how was your day?"

"Good," she nodded, "I already did my homework and Camila let me have ice cream before dinner."

"Hey now," Camila was suddenly standing beside me, "we were supposed to keep that a secret."

I raised an eyebrow and smirked a little when Dylan blushed. "Ah, don't take it personally Camila; Dylan could never hide anything from me."

"Sorry Camila." My daughter murmured cutely and smiled when Camila kissed her on the cheek.

"We saved a spot for you," Camila ushered us over to the booth, "I ordered you a Coke, hope you don't mind."

I shook my head, thanking her softly. I slid into the booth next to Dylan and sat across from Lucas, who was looking at me with a small smile. "Hi Miss Jauregui," she whispered.

I smiled back. "Hi Miss Cabello."

Lucas smiled even bigger and bit her lip. "Dylan's excited about our game."

"I am." Dylan agreed, taking a sip of her strawberry-kiwi juice.

"Well so am I." I said softly and shared a look with Camila.

"Okay so I know that I shouldn't ask you this right now but do you think I can skip practice tomorrow Camila?" I heard that familiar teenage voice come charging through the front of the store. She reached the table and immediately stopped, looking between me and Camila. "Damn, I always interrupt these important moments."

"Bad word." Dylan raised an eyebrow and beamed a grin at Lucas, who high fived her. She was tossed a dollar coin and squealed.

"Every time one of us says a bad word, we owe the girls a dollar." Camila explained and I nodded slowly, smiling. "So Jai, why'd you want to skip practice tomorrow?"

"Uh," she cleared her throat, "because I'm thinking about sleeping in?"

Sounded like Camila when she was in school.

"Oh God come on Coach!" Jaiden whined and fell to her knees, giving Camila a pout. "I have a huge test tomorrow in science and I'm already flunking it. I just wanted to pull an all nighter."

"Yo Wynters!" I heard a voice from the entrance. "Are we still on for that party tonight?"

Jaiden's face paled.

"See you at practice tomorrow." Camila said seriously.

"Goddamnit!" Jaiden yelled slightly. "Jyll! I told you I had it covered!"

"Bad word." Lucas whispered and smiled at the teenager, batting her long eyelashes.

"You're lucky you're young and cute," Jaiden mumbled and tossed another loonie out of her pocket.

"And you're going to be working the rest of the night." Ephiny flung a towel at Jaiden as she walked by us to grab another table of customers.

Jaiden bit her lip hard before sighing heavily. "Well then, I can't go to a party, I have to work now and I'm still going to practice in the morning," she looked at the girls, "do you know the moral of this story?"

"Don't lie." Lucas shrugged.

Camila and I chuckled quietly. Lucas was a smart one and fast with her words – just like her mother.

"Right." Jaiden nodded and sighed heavily, waving off her girlfriend. "So what can I get you lovely people?" She took off her coat and blew hair out of her face.

"Nachos please!" Lucas grinned and looked at Dylan, "with extra sour cream, right Dyl?"

"Yes please." Dylan grinned up at me. Wow, the girls had manners. I sighed and looked at Camila, damn she was still the woman of my dreams. Perfect in every way.

Even her flaws.

Because the lesbian God knew I was not perfect either.

"You should try the nachos," Lucas looked at me, "they're really good here."

Camila nodded in agreement. "I'll have them too."

That was that then.

"Make that four." I smiled at Jaiden and she jotted it down before someone caught her eye at the entrance.

"Ahh, if it isn't the Jauregui-Cabello family!" I liked the sound of that. Normani grinned as she approached us with Sammy with her. "And lil Jai."

"Bite me." Jaiden sighed, as if she were bored. "Hey Taylor," she grinned and caught the gaze of the older woman, "wanna hook up?"

"Sure," Sammy smiled softly, "I'll read you a bedtime story."

Dylan chuckled beside me and curled into my side, her hand on my leg.

Jaiden just smiled and walked away.

"We're not here to interrupt," Normani looked at me when she said that, "we just wanted to come ask if it's okay that we see Dylan's first game."

"Why wouldn't it be?" Camila asked, looking up at her best friend. Their friendship and being as close as they were, was no surprise. Normani had been there for Camila since the very beginning, even when I was in the picture back in high school. She had a sense of loyalty in her that I hadn't possessed back then. I was hoping I could make that change.

"Well because I wasn't sure if Lauren-"

"You're welcome to go," I softly interrupted, "you're a part of Dyl's life as well."

She was.

"Aunt Normani taught Dylan a few moves to be a goalie." Lucas grinned proudly.

"Eh," Normani nudged my shoulder, "your kid's a natural hockey player. I barely had to teach her a thing."

Dylan blushed and beamed up at me proudly. I kissed her forehead. "I can't wait to see you play."

"So not fair," Jaiden laid out some napkins and extra sour cream on the table, "I have to work and I can't even see my two favourite hockey girls play."

"Then you shouldn't lie." Lucas reminded her.

Camila smiled and took a sip of her Dr. Pepper. "So Lauren, how was your day?"

I blushed a little and cleared my throat. She was asking me how my day was and it made me feel ... alive and special. Feelings I hadn't felt for the longest time. Yet somehow Camila could make me feel all that and more with just one look.

But the one thing I couldn't say kept repeating itself in my head.

Lonely without you.

"It's much better now, thank you."

And we shared another smile.

­­­--

"Come on." Camila nudged my shoulder and pulled me towards the team's box. "I think you need to experience this up close and personal."

"Oh God," I breathed, "I'm so nervous, what if Dyl gets hurt?"

Camila raised an eyebrow at me. "Then you clearly don't know her strategy in this sport."

"What exactly is her strategy?" I asked skeptically.

"Kill 'em with kindness." Camila laughed and blew her whistle. "Okay team, gather around!" I stood there in the middle of all the children, listening to everything the Coach had to say.

And I had to say that the whole Coach side of Camila was a real turn on. Her hair was down and slightly wavy, her black 'Coach' jacket was unzipped, revealing her tight black sweater underneath.

"Jauregui, take it easy out there," she teased, "we wouldn't want to give your mom a heart attack."

Dylan and Lucas erupted into giggles.

"Thanks." I murmured and Camila just smiled at me. Dylan placed her head gear on and tapped me on the leg. I knelt down and she moved her lips to whisper in my ear, "kiss her." And she skated off with Lucas and the rest of the team.

I think I was blushing. I was glad no one else heard Dylan.

"Welcome to the world of being a hockey mom." Coach Cabello grinned before blowing her whistle and getting the girls ready for warm up.

I sighed contently. I wasn't only a mother, I was a hockey mom.

I was finally feeling like I could settle down.

Maybe Kenora had a spot for me in it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 22.8K 136
Camila is an all-star hockey player who meets her boyfriend Austin's cousin Lauren. What will happen next?
594 25 3
Lauren and Camila growing up together, and falling in love or a friends to lovers au
720K 12.7K 32
Camila and Lauren are just 2 girls in highschool. But when they are paired up for a project they will be forced to get to know each other. They turne...
5.2K 123 31
What happens to Camila Cabello, when she meets the girl she fell in love with 13 years ago?