Butterfly | Park Jimin [Book...

Per cityhearts

BOOK 2 OF PAPER CRANES [COMPLETED] Maybe she finally decided to put herself first; maybe he finally learned... Més

0: Butterfly
1: Art Exhibit
3: Oppositions
4: Missing Link
5: Kitchen Moves
6: Illegal
7: Frustrations
8: Acquaintance
9: His Heart
10: Drowning
11: Professional
12: Box
13: Missing
14: Questions
15: Persistent
16: Speculations
17: Atrocity
18: Wounds
19: Coffee
20: Artwork
21: Gift
22: Night Sky
23: Fall
Epilogue
hmmm?

2: Bad Dream

8.6K 546 349
Per cityhearts

Over the weekend, the thought of working together with Chaerin and Jimin had taken up a significant chunk of my mind.

A part of me had my own disinclination that matched with the alternate rush of stomach churns and sensation of knots being tied somewhere in my veins.

Still, in the end, I had found no logical reason to decline this project. It wasn't like I had hard feelings nor any other sentiments to dwell over anyway.

"We're here," Taehyung declared, snapping me out of my thoughts.

He pulled over by the entrance of a rather grand building, judging by the solid black marble and transparent floor-to-ceiling glasses that cladded its exteriors.

I held the door open and a man in white polo assisted me out of the car.

"Thank you," I mumbled softly and he responded with a warm smile. He seemed like someone who enjoyed his job. Either that, or he was having a great day so far. Nonetheless, it made the establishment less intimidating than it was seconds ago.

Composing myself, I smoothed my dress for any possible crease that had formed and blew on my fringe before combing them with my fingers.

"Let's go?" asked Taehyung and I nodded.

On our way inside, up to our supposed meeting place, I was briefly oriented that this was one of the main offices of the many business ventures of the Parks.

It didn't take us long until we finally reached the office.

Chaerin had her back against us when we stepped into the room. The click of the door must have caught her attention, causing her to swivel the chair around. Upon seeing us, she immediately got up from her seat and flashed a welcoming smile.

I was taken by surprise when Chaerin closed in for a short embrace. Not that I was complaining, but I just did not expect such hospitality from her.

Come to think of it, we parted on distasteful ends, but of course, I get it that it had been years.

There was a short exchange of greetings and a bit of formalities before we sat down on our seats.

As we settled ourselves, however, my gaze landed on Chaerin's hand, and resting on her ring finger was a diamond ring. I wasn't sure if it was an engagement or marriage one, and Taehyung had not mentioned anything about that.

But I guess that was one of the reasons why Chaerin was treating me as if nothing had happened before. Like the rage she had back then had suddenly been erased in her memory.

"I'm sure Taehyung had told you I'm going to hold an art exhibit," she mused, her eyes filled with excitement. "You see, it's going to be a charity event at the same time."

I carefully listened, taking note of important details I would need later on. Although there wasn't a contract yet, I formed a habit of doing so. Just by hearing Chaerin gave it away that she was the detailed and picky type. In a good way, at least.

"Oh, there he is!"

My hand came to a halt as I tore my attention away from my notepad. In walked a familiar figure I hadn't seen in ages.

It was him, but something about him wasn't him anymore. His features sharpened, like a well-defined sculpture, and his movements were deliberate and unhurried, as if they were carefully calculated — giving him a more matured aura.

Unknowingly, my eyes followed him as he made his way to Chaerin and sent her a warm smile.

"Papers," he mumbled and took a seat next to her.

"I hope you don't mind I started sharing my ideas to Haneul already."

"Not at all."

It was only then that Jimin turned to me and acknowledged my presence with a nod. I returned the gesture with a small smile.

As his attention went to Taehyung, I took a glimpse of his hand but halted midway for some reasons behind my head. I mentally shook my thoughts away and leaned on the table, giving Chaerin my full attention.

The whole time, I had been sensing an awkward moment about to intrude our meeting, but it appeared like Chaerin had the magic broom to keep on dusting it away before it even reached us.

It was actually, really happening.

The following day, I had relayed to Manager Sejin about the new project and a contract had been prepared; the possible team members that would be involved was plotted as well.

Fast forward to a few days later, everything was set. Since we had only a month and a half to get the project done, the contract required for two representatives to stay at the client's office for ease of communication and faster updates and progress.

The representatives then, being me and Jungkook. Since I was the one who opened the account, Manager Sejin gave me the freedom to decide on most things. He gave that as the reason but in reality, I was aware that he had always been considerate of me. Especially when I started to work again after that... break.

"I've been well, eomma," I said through the speaker of my phone with the device chucked in between my shoulder and ears whilst I made my way down the entrance stairway.

The security guard assisted me by opening the door to the backseat of my car.

"Need help?" Jungkook twisted his head to my direction.

I subtly shook my head at him and mouthed, it's okay, thanks.

"That's good to hear." I then heard my mother sigh from the other line.

Carefully, I lifted my box and placed it next to Jungkook's on the backseat. After so, I closed the car door and climbed into the front passenger seat.

"Hmm? Is there anything wrong?" I queried, shifting the phone to my other ear as I settled myself, buckling my seatbelt.

"All set?" Jungkook lifted a brow and I nodded at him with a smile.

"Who's that?" my mother asked.

"Jungkook," I answered and noticed Jungkook turn to me through my peripheral vision. I gave him a knowing look and he began to drive.

"We're assigned to stay at a different office," I informed her.

"Is it safe?"

"Don't worry, it's safe. It's not so far from my apartment, and I still have a morning shift. And if it makes you feel better, I'll be there with Jungkook," I assured her.

Jungkook had visited our restaurant a few times before together with Taehyung and Hira, and my mother was actually fond of him. She kept on insisting that she'd give her blessings if I were to date any of the two: Taehyung or Jungkook.

"More than worrying about me, is there anything wrong?"

"Nothing really," she said. "I just had a bad dream."

I hummed, staring out of the window and leaned my head on it. "What about?"

"I don't even remember, but I'm sure it wasn't good." Her voice sounded upset and frustrated.

"I'm really fine, nothing to worry about," I chirped with a cheery tone, hoping that it would lighten her mood.

My mother sighed again.

"Eomma," I drawled, grimacing. It was too early for her to be stressed. "I'm gonna drop by later if that makes you feel better."

"No," she abruptly spoke. "You must be busy with work."

A few exchange of words later, my mother had somehow brightened up. We conversed a bit about the restaurant and her newly hired cook. I hadn't seen him yet, but my mother said he was doing great in the kitchen.

After that, we bid our adieus and hung up.

"She worries a lot lately," I told Jungkook, scrunching my nose up.

"Does she..." Jungkook trailed off, focusing on the road before he glanced at me again. "Does she know?"

I pursed my lips and leaned back on my seat. "No. She doesn't have to."

There was a short pause before Jungkook spoke up again. "Sorry."

I chuckled. "Don't be sorry, Jungkook."

"I didn't mean it that way. Sorry."

"I know you didn't mean it that way." The corners of my lips tugged up. "But really, out of everyone, you're the last person I'd like to hear an apology from."

Jungkook let out a long sigh. "If I were your mom, I'd worry a lot for you as well."

I snorted. "Never thought you had motherly instincts in you."

He finally laughed and shook his head. "I'm just watching out for my favorite noona."

"Wow," I marveled. "It's been ages since you've last called me noona."

When he graduated and applied to the same company I had been working at, I suggested that he get used to dropping the noona to avoid informalities. So then he rarely addressed me that way nowadays, and when he does, it was mostly to emphasize his respect.

"I'm not lying though." He plastered a wide grin.

"Of course. After all, you won't have anyone to pick on anymore without me."

"Truly," he remarked, and our laughter filled the car.

— ✿ —
this isn't related at all, but I just thought I'd ask my readers for the fun of it 😊 do you bite your ice cream? hehehe

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

122K 3.3K 33
boy×boy mpreg #1 taekook 26 June 2021 #1 taekook 26 November 2021 #4 fanfiction 26 November 2021
8.4K 410 24
- where jimin and jungkook send messages to each other by a paper airplane - when jungkook moves to seoul to attend school, many begin to bully him...
6.2K 552 37
Book 2 This time, no one knows what Jung Hoseok did exactly, but here's to hoping they don't die in the process of dealing with that mess.
3.1K 118 14
Inspired by Seventeen's Pretty U(예쁘다) Where high schooler M/N wants to confess to Min Yoongi who's graduating a few days soon. Started- 4/3/2022 Ende...