Where Were You

נכתב על ידי senseizayn

After 12 years apart will life bring Camila and Lauren crashing together? עוד

Starting Over
Golden Treasures
Some Familiarity
Don't Look Back In Anger
The Cabello Family Way
Remembering A Stranger
The Woman Who Struggles
My Star
Two Hot Brunettes With Benefits
And She Returns
A Cry That Cannot Be Heard
Changing For The Better
Welcome Back Lauren Jauregui
Maybe It's Just Me
Listen To What You're Not Saying
Green Eyed Girl
Coach Who?
And She Was Spotted
Can't Blame Me, Can You?
Connect The Cabellos
Poisoned Name
Blanked And Shattered
Tomorrow, Tomorrow
You Too
Welcome To Dylan's New World
Don't Thank Me
I Always Think Of You
Slowly But Surely
Pieces To Be Complete
The Voice Of A Mother
Well, Congratulations
Moody Cabello Needs Some Thing
Points Underneath
For Dylan
The Hockey Moms
Musician vs Rock Star
It Kind Of Tickled
So Many Questions, So Little Answers
Stupid Yes, Asshole No
It Has To Mean Something
The Kiss That Never Ended
Grown Ups & Little Girl Crushes
Ready, Set, Chase
Ice Cream & Ch Ch Ch Changes
It's Her Time To Shine
Just Say Yes
Right On Target
Girls & Their Hockey
Morning Coffee
All In A Day, Part One
All In A Day, Part Two
Insert Foot Here
Snowflakes Aren't The Only Things Fallin
The Dawn Is Breaking
Collide
Feeling The Heartache
Room For The Cabellos?
Family Under Construction
Picture Perfect
My Place
Her Place
Dude's Got A Point
Sleepless In Camila's Bed
Lucas Learns, Lauren Teaches
The Great Detective Cabello
Ten Feet Off The Ground
Fluttered Heart
Surprised Is Served
Just Another Phone Call
Daddy Who?
When I Grow Up
Lady Killer
All That I'm Living For
Baby Packs A Punch
The Trouble With Love Is
Must Be
The Phone Call
Blanket of Security
Underneath The Cabello Household
Why So Awkward?
Just For A Moment
Lost Lovers, Forever Friends
Sleepy Head Jauregui
My Mom, My Piano Playing Hero
We Are Family
In Need Of A Cool Off
Troubled Teens
Tears of Self Deprecation
Last Day of the Year
Please Spare Me
I'm Yours Too
All I Ever Needed Was You
A Suite Night
Full House, Ace Is Low
Scribbled Note
Homeward Bound
I Don't Understand
Conspiracy
And They Called It Puppy Love
Feisty PreTeen
An Unexpected Decision
Camila, the Hero
Love At First Sight
The Engraved Guitar
Collecting Attitude
Separation
Move Along
Girl Talk
The Missing Piece
On Location
Desktop Love
First Heartbreak
It Takes Time
One Step Closer
I'm Not Dreaming
Baby Steps to Healing
Exposed
Let's Get Down to Business
No Rest for the Insatiable
Wedding Countdown
You're It For Me
You Are Now Leaving Midtown

The Keeper Of Hearts

6.5K 165 16
נכתב על ידי senseizayn

Camila's PoV

"Mom?" Lucas came walking out of the study room with a photo book in her hands. She sat on the couch beside me with a sleeping Dylan's head in my lap. "Are these yours?"

I smiled and took the book gently, tracing my fingers over the blue plaid pattern. "Yea, my pictures from when I was a teenager."

"Oh," she furrowed her brow and licked her lips before opening up the book. It had sat pretty on my shelf for years but I hadn't looked at it since Lucas was born. "Can I ask you a question?"

I nodded and turned down the volume slightly from the TV. "You can ask me anything."

Lucas nodded and flipped towards the back of the book where she landed on a few pictures from high school. "Who is she?" She whispered, her finger pointing to the brunette that held me close to her with our faces smiling brightly towards the camera.

"A, uh, a friend." I managed to say and shifted slightly, running my fingers through the soft curls in Dylan's hair.

Lucas asked, raising a curious eyebrow. "What happened to her?"

"Um," I frowned and swallowed, not really knowing what happened to Lauren after all the years that have passed by, "I really don't know, baby." I glanced at her grey eyes and she tilted her head and looked down at Dylan, "why?"

"Well you still talk with Auntie Kyla and Uncle Austin... and you still see Aunt Normani when she's not playing hockey, I was just wondering why you're still friends with them and not her?" She tapped the picture again, "you two looked close."

Lucas Cabello was smart. The smartest in her grade to be exact. I was a proud parent of course, but sometimes she was too smart for her own good.

"We were," I smiled at the memories, "Lauren and I were very close."

"That's her name?" Lucas softly smiled and then looked back over at Dylan and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Mom?" she whispered, looking back up at me, "Dylan looks like her."

I think my mind went temporarily blank and the noise that was rushing through my ears was deafening. I frowned and looked down at the sleeping frame and curled my lips into a thin line. The resemblance had crossed my mind a few times but I couldn't truly believe that Lauren would allow her daughter to be in such a messed up system.

"Dylan Avery." I whispered and the name snapped together. Two middle names put together and I frowned even further, watching the small body shift and a yawn escape her mouth. I shook my head. It was just a coincidence.

It had to be.

Right?

The Lauren I knew would never ever sleep with a man and the Lauren I knew would never allow her own child to grow up in an unloved environment.

"She does." I looked at Lucas and kissed her forehead. "But how about we keep this book a secret, kay?"

Lucas nodded and closed it before hopping off the couch. "Mom?" She had a way of saying 'mom' that made me melt. "Do you think Dylan's a keeper?"

Fingers ran through soft brown curls again and then her brown eyes sleepily opened, her skin was the same colour as Lucas', a bronze colour. "Yeah," I whispered as the lazy eyes closed again and her body curled deeper onto my lap, "she's a keeper."

//

"Hey," I leaned in and whispered in Lauren's ear, "you think she'll be that happy when we tell her you're knocked up?"

I heard Mike laugh. I didn't realize he was still standing there.

"Planning on getting my little girl pregnant?" He chuckled at me.

"What if I already have?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"I'd call you very special," Mike smiled. That was where Lauren got her gorgeous smile from. Good. I liked her father.

"I am very special," I smiled and looked at Lauren, squeezing her hand.

"I like you," he pointed a finger at me, "you're better than that last girlfriend of Lauren's, you know, that Alica chick? You're more talkative, more sure of yourself."

"Ally," Lauren rolled her eyes and sighed but still had a smile to her face. I could tell she was happy that her Dad approved of me, of us.

"Who's Ally?" Mike raised an eyebrow.

"You said Alica, my last girlfriend's name was Ally." Lauren said a little more serious that time.

"Um," I finally cleared my throat and smiled, "thank you."

"So how'd you manage to snag the girlfriend of that cousin of yours?" He walked around the table and put an arm around Lauren.

"I really don't know," her eyes locked with mine. "I guess it all just kind of happened."

"I kissed her," I added in, biting my upper lip as I glanced at the man briefly, "she was always there, looking so good and I couldn't take it anymore, so," I smiled, "I kissed her."

Raife got a smug look on his face. "You couldn't resist the Jauregui charm, could you?"

Lauren chuckled, "um, actually our charm pales in comparison to the Cabello charm," she cast me a heart warming smile, "trust me."

"Oh, I'm a believer," he patted Lauren on the shoulder and kissed the top of her head, "she's a keeper kiddo," I heard him whisper in her ear.

"Hear that Cabello?" Lauren pulled me forward when we were alone in the larger than large dining room, "you're a keeper."

"Mmm," I mumbled against her lips and cupped her face lovingly, "good."

Exactly how it should've been.

//

"Can I go play outside?" Dylan asked, throwing on a pair of rubber boots. "Lucas said she'd play with me after she's done her homework."

I smiled while I finished chopping up the rest of the vegetables for the stir-fry. "Are you done your homework?" I asked and she nodded eagerly.

"Want to see it? It's all done."

"I believe you." I smiled and she grabbed her raincoat. "Don't go getting dirty okay? We have guests coming over and I really don't think you wanna be stuck in the bath when they arrive."

Dylan shook her head and let out a small giggle. "And no going down by the docks, right?" She beamed proudly when I nodded my head. Before Dylan stepped out the door, she made a beeline towards me and kissed my cheek. "I love you, Camila." She blushed before running out the door.

I swallowed hard and closed my eyes. No other child had that kind of affect on me. I've fostered a couple and not one gave me that comfort feeling. It was like she really was a keeper.

Three months of having Dylan at my place, in our home, was a blessing. She fit in just perfectly and her bond towards Sofi was stronger than I would've imagined. Lucas was officially attached and the young brunette was her best friend. She'd beat up anyone who messed with her and I found it endearing, the two already considered each other sisters.

I knew it was a dangerous risk seeing as Lucas was non-stop about Dylan. She loved to make the younger girl smile and laugh.

"Knock knock!" Ryn came in carrying a bag. "Man it's wet out there!"

"I know." I smirked and looked at the window to see Dylan shoot a puck into the hockey net, screaming as if she won her own gold medal. "You're early."

"Oh Mila," she smirked, "you should know me by now, I'm always early!"

I nodded, it was true.

"What's with the extra food?" I scrunched my face up and looked at her.

"Well," she gave me a sly smirk and stepped aside to reveal a blonde standing next to her, "Aimee talks so much about you I figured it'd be great if we had one more guest!"

I cleared my throat as Aimee gave me a shy smile with the shrug of her shoulders. Ryn didn't know what we did behind her back. She was my best friend and had no clue that Aimee and I messed around – a lot.

"Well," I finally spoke and pointed to a stool, "come in."

"I'm just going to use the ladies room," Ryn winked and made her way down the hall.

"Sorry," Aimee whispered as she moved beside me, "Ryn said 'a friend's' house."

I nodded silently and moved away from the blonde, throwing the vegetables in the pan.

"Come on babe, don't be mad." She whispered, placing a kiss on my neck. Aimee jumped when I gently shoved her away. "What?"

"Not here, not now." I hissed and wiped my hands on a towel. I heard Lucas run out of her room and slide into the hallway closet. It happened a lot with the wooden floors but I think she just found it amusing. "Luc, I told you to be careful on the floors."

She giggled and shrugged, grabbing her rubber boots and raincoat. "Sorry mom."

"She's adorable." Aimee came up behind me and looked at my eleven year old.

Lucas raised her eyebrows and pointed to Aimee. "Who's the hottie?"

Oh, she definitely belonged in the Cabello gene pool.

"Manners." I frowned and she mumbled a sorry. "This is Aimee, she's a friend of Ryn's."

Lucas' eyes lit up. "Ryn's here?" The redhead was like a second mother to her.

"Right here kiddo!" Ryn smiled and hugged the smaller blonde.

"Wanna come out and watch Dyl and I play hockey? She's getting really good at the slap shots, last time she almost took out my eye!" Lucas tugged on Ryn's sleeve and they both made their way out of the house.

I turned to face Aimee and placed two fingers on her lips. "Even if we are alone, there will be no kissing or touching. No awkward silences and meaningful glances. You're here as Ryn's friend and I'm a mother who's looking out for her daughters."

It may have sounded harsh but it really wasn't. With Lucas' attachment issues I knew she could fall deeply for Aimee. It wasn't hard to do, she was gorgeous and kind.

But she wasn't my type.

I was all about the fun.

"Okay." Was all Aimee said before brushing passed me and into the kitchen.

"Okay." I whispered and blew hair out of my eyes.

It'd definitely be an interesting night.

-\-/-

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

70.5K 1.4K 28
Lauren and Camila meet after a year of not seeing each other. Lauren is going through a lot of trouble without Camila. Can Camila save Lauren? Trigge...
328K 8.6K 36
What happens when Camila finds a Girl with absolutely nothing but her son. Will Laurens hidden life come up and break her relationship with Camila...
102K 3.2K 15
They were once best friends before the lying, cheating, and betrayal. After 5 years of being apart, will Lauren and Camila be the same after their "c...
593 25 3
Lauren and Camila growing up together, and falling in love or a friends to lovers au