Where Were You

By senseizayn

After 12 years apart will life bring Camila and Lauren crashing together? More

Starting Over
Golden Treasures
Some Familiarity
Don't Look Back In Anger
The Cabello Family Way
The Woman Who Struggles
My Star
Two Hot Brunettes With Benefits
And She Returns
A Cry That Cannot Be Heard
Changing For The Better
The Keeper Of Hearts
Welcome Back Lauren Jauregui
Maybe It's Just Me
Listen To What You're Not Saying
Green Eyed Girl
Coach Who?
And She Was Spotted
Can't Blame Me, Can You?
Connect The Cabellos
Poisoned Name
Blanked And Shattered
Tomorrow, Tomorrow
You Too
Welcome To Dylan's New World
Don't Thank Me
I Always Think Of You
Slowly But Surely
Pieces To Be Complete
The Voice Of A Mother
Well, Congratulations
Moody Cabello Needs Some Thing
Points Underneath
For Dylan
The Hockey Moms
Musician vs Rock Star
It Kind Of Tickled
So Many Questions, So Little Answers
Stupid Yes, Asshole No
It Has To Mean Something
The Kiss That Never Ended
Grown Ups & Little Girl Crushes
Ready, Set, Chase
Ice Cream & Ch Ch Ch Changes
It's Her Time To Shine
Just Say Yes
Right On Target
Girls & Their Hockey
Morning Coffee
All In A Day, Part One
All In A Day, Part Two
Insert Foot Here
Snowflakes Aren't The Only Things Fallin
The Dawn Is Breaking
Collide
Feeling The Heartache
Room For The Cabellos?
Family Under Construction
Picture Perfect
My Place
Her Place
Dude's Got A Point
Sleepless In Camila's Bed
Lucas Learns, Lauren Teaches
The Great Detective Cabello
Ten Feet Off The Ground
Fluttered Heart
Surprised Is Served
Just Another Phone Call
Daddy Who?
When I Grow Up
Lady Killer
All That I'm Living For
Baby Packs A Punch
The Trouble With Love Is
Must Be
The Phone Call
Blanket of Security
Underneath The Cabello Household
Why So Awkward?
Just For A Moment
Lost Lovers, Forever Friends
Sleepy Head Jauregui
My Mom, My Piano Playing Hero
We Are Family
In Need Of A Cool Off
Troubled Teens
Tears of Self Deprecation
Last Day of the Year
Please Spare Me
I'm Yours Too
All I Ever Needed Was You
A Suite Night
Full House, Ace Is Low
Scribbled Note
Homeward Bound
I Don't Understand
Conspiracy
And They Called It Puppy Love
Feisty PreTeen
An Unexpected Decision
Camila, the Hero
Love At First Sight
The Engraved Guitar
Collecting Attitude
Separation
Move Along
Girl Talk
The Missing Piece
On Location
Desktop Love
First Heartbreak
It Takes Time
One Step Closer
I'm Not Dreaming
Baby Steps to Healing
Exposed
Let's Get Down to Business
No Rest for the Insatiable
Wedding Countdown
You're It For Me
You Are Now Leaving Midtown

Remembering A Stranger

7K 174 22
By senseizayn

Sofi's PoV

"Leigh Avery." Camila tossed the file back on her bed. "I've searched for a Leigh Avery and all I'm getting are articles from her accident and drug possession charges."

"Why are you freaking?" I asked, taking a seat on the bed next to her.

"Because," Camila sighed and closed her eyes, "did you see how quick Lucas and Dylan became friends? It didn't even take a minute."

"And?" I smiled and patted my sister's hand.

"What if I only have Dylan for a month? What if her mother clears through court and takes her away?"

"Then we'll congratulate her." I whispered. "Come on, she's been here a week. I think you should stop worrying about it before both her and Luc catch on."

"You're right." She placed the file back in her briefcase and took off her glasses, placing them delicately on her nightstand. "So," she smiled at me, "can I ask you a question?"

"Anything." I grinned and she moved over to grab something from a book shelf. She threw a CD case at me and I looked at the very first album I made before she threw me a second one.

"Why'd she stop?" Camila asked, flipping open the small booklet, reading the small text.

"Who?" I played dumb.

"Sofi," she warned me but I wasn't giving in. I wanted to hear her name fall from her lips. I don't think Camila's mentioned Lauren's name in years. It was always 'she' or 'her'. I raised an eyebrow and pretended I had no clue who she was talking about.

"You know who," Camila whispered and blinked, her eyes skimming over the picture of Lauren in the second album. It was a candid one from the studio when we were recording. Lauren was background vocals for some songs but refused to sing on stage during concerts.

"Who?" I pressed again.

"Lauren." The name fall from her lips as if it were the most sacred name known to man. Her eyes looked over me and her lip twitched slightly. "Happy?"

"Am." I grinned and picked up the booklet she dropped. "She had some issues," I looked away, "I guess she needed to figure out her life more and gave me full reign on the next albums."

"When did you see her last?" Camila brought up Lauren for the first time since my career started to pick up. We reconciled after three and half years of not speaking to each other. By that time she had a two year old Lucas running around and I felt bad for not being there for her when my niece was born. Even Alex was there at the time Lucas was brought into this world.

"About a year ago," I licked my lips, clearly lying through my teeth, "I went to see her after I saw you and Luc last Christmas."

"How uh, how was she?" Camila bit her lip and looked at me sadly. She no longer held a hatred feeling towards her ex-girlfriend. She missed her, I could tell but she refused to admit it or even say her name.

"She's been better," I shrugged and stood up, patting her leg, "Dylan's first day at school tomorrow. I should let you get your sleep."

Camila nodded and smiled. "How long are you here for, Sofi?"

I smiled and tapped my fingers on the door frame, "for however long you want me."

//

I sat down next to her on the stage and swung my feet back and forth. Our pinkies linked and she nudged me on the shoulder with her own. "That was a really great show, Sofia."

I blushed and put my head down. I had just done my first sold out concert ever and I was ecstatic. "Thank you."

"You and Lauren have created something really amazing," she turned to look at me and cupped my cheek, "you're going to be a star."

"Sam," I grinned and leaned into her touch. "Thank you for taking time out of your studies to see me."

"Are you kidding me?" Sammy grinned and looked around the huge stage area, "and miss this?"

"I know things have been tense between us with this long distance thing," I finally breathed and looked in her blue eyes, finding some sort of sadness there, "it sucks that things aren't like they used to be."

"Hey," she smiled softly and pressed a soft kiss to my cheek, "we've been together for four years, and we've been separated for three, yet here we are," she squeezed my hand, "together."

I nodded and smiled, jumping off the stage. "This is crazy! Who would of thought that I ' d be here, singing on stage to a sold out crowd?"

Sammy smirked and slid off the stage, tucking some hair behind my ear. "I did. Lauren did," her eyes caught mine, "Camila did."

"Right," I rolled my eyes and glanced around to make sure Lauren wasn't around, "have you spoken to her?"

Sammy nodded and swallowed. "I think you should call her Sofi, she misses you. She tried calling your cell a few times within the past two weeks and you've had your phone off."

"I lost it." I shrugged and held up my new phone. "Is she okay?"

Sammy sighed heavily and nodded. "Yea, just call her, okay?"

"Is she really okay?"

"She busted her knee in a game," Sammy looked at me and shook her head, "It's all over the sport magazines, I'm shocked you haven't been keeping up to date with them."

"I've been busy."

"Still," Sam frowned, "she's back in Midtown for the summer, spending time with Lucas and your parents. She's pretty torn up about her hockey career coming to an abrupt end."

"Oh." I frowned and took a deep breath, "I'll call her."

"Promise?" Sammy raised an eyebrow. She was always there, patching things up when life turned rough.

"I promise."

"Besides," she laced her fingers with mine, "I think it's time you should go home for a bit and meet your niece. Fuck, she's a cutie," she blinked and smiled, "she has grey eyes, just like you."

I couldn't help but smile. "Okay," I nodded, "I think on my next break I'll go and see her."

//

Early morning sunrise and I groaned, trying to curse whoever it was that invented the sun. "Sofi," I heard a whisper in my ear and smiled, turning my head to face her brown eyes and freckled face, "hey." She grinned sheepishly.

"Hey you," I sat up and tilted my head as Dylan sat at the end of the bed, playing with her pajama bottom string. "Are you okay?"

Dylan nodded and crawled up and tucked herself under the covers, her face buried into the pillow. "I couldn't sleep."

I brushed some hair away from her eyes and wondered what the girl had been through for the past two years with other families and not having her mother around. "Go to sleep." I whispered.

"You won't leave me?" Dylan asked with some desperation in her voice and I shook my head.

"No, I won't." I whispered and felt bad that Camila wasn't even home at that moment. She had to get up extra early to Coach the 'Rapture Ravens' in an early morning practice.

"Camila wasn't in her bed." She snuggled closer. "I had a nightmare."

I wrapped my arm around the small body and sighed. "No worries, I'm here now."

"Sofi?" She lifted her head and blinked sleepily. I looked at her in silence and she bit her lip. "How come I've seen you before?" She whispered.

"Maybe you've seen my face on magazines." I teased, hurting at the same time that I lied to her.

"No," she yawned and licked her lips, "I think I know you from somewhere else."

My heart hammered in my chest but before I could say anything, I heard her breathing even out and I knew she was sleeping peacefully.

I laid in bed and thought about the tangled webs I allowed myself to get into. Over the past twelve years I had found out that I could hold the deepest secrets and take them to my grave if need be.

But the secrets I was holding on to were quickly showing signs of becoming unraveled and I had no way out of them.

"Leigh, you better be prepared for this." I whispered before closing my eyes.

Just when you thought the madness and drama was over...

...it snuck up on you – at least that this time around, it was more welcoming.

At least I thought so.

-\-/-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594 25 3
Lauren and Camila growing up together, and falling in love or a friends to lovers au
94.4K 1.9K 29
MAKE SURE YOU READ LOCK & KEY FIRST! Camila and Lauren are still together and now they have their own little family. Fifth Harmony came to an end w...
1M 22.8K 136
Camila is an all-star hockey player who meets her boyfriend Austin's cousin Lauren. What will happen next?
720K 12.7K 32
Camila and Lauren are just 2 girls in highschool. But when they are paired up for a project they will be forced to get to know each other. They turne...