Gotham High: A Harley Quinn S...

By questiongirl

Gotham High has a new girl on campus. Her name, Harleen Quinzel. High school is supposed to be weird but this... More

Diary Entry
Obersevations
Biology Bestie
Cheery Chit Chat
Chatroom
The Boys
Party Probs- Part 1
Party Probs- Part 2
Uh oh!
Cold Feet
Something Fishy
A Sticky Sitation
The Diva of Debates
Science Fair- Part 1
Science Fear- Part 2
The Hospitable Hospital
Girls Night In
I Started A Joke
Consequences of a Joke
The Pleasure of a President
Brains and Brawn
Falling in Lo-ts of Snow
Harleen's Halo
Funalicious
Costume Couples Countdown
This is Harl-loween
Whodunit?
Crane's Clues
Chaos and Confusion
Impactful Punchline
Disney, Diaries and Delusions
Her Search For Love
His Story
Ace Chemicals
Her Smile
Riddle me a Date
Glasses and 'Jack' asses
Pre-Homecoming Jitters
Homecoming Lookbook
Homecoming

Gotham Knights V.S Smallville Crows

451 16 6
By questiongirl

"Forman is at the 40, 30, 20 yard line before being brought down by Jones. 1 minute left in the first half and the Knight lead 28 to 21. The Crows need this drive to tie the game." The announcer spoke intently into the microphone. The stadium was packed on both sides. It was shocking as it appeared the whole town of Smallville had come along to see their team play.

Harleen does a string of cartwheels and flips over to the crowd, her eyes scanning for Jonathan. No sign of him yet. Maybe he is just running late. She still kept an energetic smile on her face as she waved, picking up her pom-poms. Pamela could not tumble as easily, but smiled as she joined her friend. Halftime was coming up, and Harleen was ready for a break. Her eyes scan the crowd catching sight of the one and only Jack. She tried to hide the smile his presence always brought her. He was sitting in the front row with a little flag he waved back and forth. Harleen felt like he was doing it to win her back, which made her heart flutter. The reality of the situation was that Jack looked unamused, and more focused on his phone then  the game. His sparkling eyes looked up from the screen to meet Harleen eyes. He smiled kindly, making her feel hopeful again before she had to return to the game.

Pamela gave a small nod, putting her hands on her hips, "Ready?"

"Okay!"

"Gotham Knights are here to fight. Fight and win. W-I-N! Gotham Knights are here to fight, once again. W-I-N. Win, Win, Win." The cheerleaders squealed, trying to overpower the roar coming from the smallville crowd.

"AND THERE GOES FORMAN INTO THE ENDZONE FOR A SMALLVILLE TOUCHDOWN!!!"

Jack clapped enthusiastically, giving a little whistle as Harleen finished her cheer. Harleen looked slightly concerned seeing the crowd upset.

"AND THE EXTRA POINT IS GOOD! And the score is tied at 28-here at-Uh oh there looks to be some commotion on the field. The Quarterback for the Crows, Danny Crozier, has yet to get up from the field."

"That doesn't look good." Harleen whispers to Pamela seeing them all run off the field. Halftime meant the band performed, therefore, the medics took Crozier off toward the side so everyone could continue on with their game. The funny thing was no one saw what happened to Crozier. The only reason he would be in for the first place would be a two point conversion, unless they were trying a trick play.

Pamela and Harleen sat on the sidelines because they were supposed to support the band, then they could go to the lockers. Whatever that meant. Pamela nudged Vickie and Harleen, slipping out into the student stands when their coach was not looking. The band bored them anyways. The only exciting part would be homecoming court that would be announced after the game. Harleen left knowing nothing better to do. Harleen lost Pamela in the crowd of Gotham High students only seconds afterwards. Trying to be strong, Harleen went to meet up with her friends. She did this instead of going to talk with Jack.

In the bleachers she could see Bruce, Ed, even the artistic Hagen boy was at the game. Everyone was here from school except Jonathan. She sighed, still giving her warmest smile. "Hey Guys!"

Bruce was keeping a keen eye on Selena during the game. He knew how she got with crowds. He figured as long as he tried to hold her hand, her hand wouldn't be finding some wallet. Beside the annoyed Selena was Ed, on his phone typing a mile a minute. Of course the nerd never looked calm, ever.  Next to Ed was Oswald, chatting him up to try and keep his attention. The only thing was he had none, Ed was not giving Ozzie the time of day. Funny thing since everyone told me at once they were as close as Ed and Jonathan were now.Lastly there was Matt Hagen with his sketch pad. He was working on a live artistic representation of the game. He was quiet, to himself, so Harleen decided to not bother him by coming up the other side of the risers.

"Nice job tonight Harleen" Bruce smiled.

"Thanks! Anybody seen Johnny yet?"

"Ask Ed, he's been texting him all night." Selina purred, pointing over to the only person not dressed for a football game, Ed. Never did someone look so out of place, even Bruce was dressed for a game. While Ed was in a green polo and cargo shirts.

"He has." Oswald said with a slim hint of jealousy in his voice.

Ed was far too zoned out to catch on. Why is Jonathan not responding? He knows how big a night this will be for Harleen. I told him ahead of time what was going to happen. We had a plan. Ed continued to rapidly texting on his phone, trying to set Jonathan's alarms off. He was vividly frustrated because Jonathan was supposed to ask Harleen to the dance tonight.

"Earth to Ed!" Harleen giggled, waving her hand over his face.

"Oh! Um yeah." He adjusted his glasses. "I can't seem to get a hold of him, he must have lost time in the labs again."

"Oh, okay." Harleen said with a smile. Inside her innerself was tormenting her about how stupid she was to get her hopes up. Of course Johnny was busy.  "Just wanted to say hi!"

A loud sigh had come from Bruce. While Harleen had them all distracted, Selena had snuck off once more. "Pardon me, I'll be right back." He tilted his head a bit before catching sight of his kitten headed towards the locker rooms. By the time he got down there, she was gone.

Where could she be? Bruce sighed, before hearing a strange conversation as he passed the boys locker room. He slipped in the shadows to listen.

"Kent will go in for Danny."

"But sir-"

"No this is your time to shine Clark, tie game, fresh start. These city kids are expecting a loss. I know you haven't seen much playtime this year but those Knights won't know what's coming."

"Yes sir."

Bruce watched as the Coach leave with a nervous look on his face. How could the quarterback get hurt, he wasn't on the field for the extra point. Something felt not right.

"Boo!" Bruce turned around to see a blonde with short curly hair standing behind him. Of course Bruce did not jump because he was not scared. His eyes looked a little shocked to see a girl near here. "Let me guess! Standing out here because you a want to be reporter too?" Before Bruce could open his mouth she gasped, "You're Bruce Wayne! Nice to meet you, I am Chloe Sullivan. Might I ask what you have doing being all hiding and stuff. You think there's something fishy about this game too?"

"Something fishy?" Bruce raised an eyebrow.

"Oh come on, theres been red flags every-but that's my story Mr.Wayne." Chloe laughed, shaking her head. There was something very odd about that girl. She looked over his shoulder then shrugged, "I've gotta go..."She hurried off, feeling as if she said too much.

Across the hall the girls locker room was buzzing with the sidelines gossip. Pamela and Vickie were whispering which caught Harley's attention. " What's Harvey doing, I thought we were to win this game." Vickie spoke controlled.

"Its only tied, I am sure Harvey knows what he's doing."  Pamela said, brushing her hair back.

"Yeah but Gotham never loses the homecoming game, or any game really."

"And we wont." Pamela said sounding a bit cold, "Trust me, Harvey won't let these farm boys make a fool of us."

Vickie smirked, "Now that sounds like a story I'd like to hear."

Pamela caught sight of Harley listening in as she checked her phone. "Another time Vale, I have a quarterback to go see." She smirked, slipping out of the girls locker room. "I have 5 minutes until the second half, let that be your story for now."

Pamela hurried out of the girls locker room and into the boys. She had passed by Jack who was leaning up against the hallway. Pamela had tuned out his laughter, and in doing so missed him completely. If Gotham lost that would be amusing for him. Gotham was a joke anyways, why not lose like one. He overheard that Harley was searching around for her little friend. Little did the blonde know that her friend would be nowhere to be found tonight, Jack made certain of that. He did not like when guys touched his stuff and made a point to Johnny Boy about that. He swiped through the pictures of his phone, laughing. Picture by pictured showed a perfect story of where Jonathan was tonight.

The very last pictured showed a beaten and hung Jonathan in the center of a cornfield, just out of Gotham. It made Jack laugh, as an entertainer he fed Waylon and Diego the story of a team. A team that would win only if they kept the Smallville Crows power away. Then the rest was easy.  "Only way to get rid of the Smallville Crows is with the Gotham's very own scarecrow...HAHAHA" He started to crack up, hitting his knee as he viewed the pictures Jonathan being knocked out from the moment he left school, the  selfies Jack took of him as they drove to the first field they found and lastly their masterpiece. Jonathan beaten up, left with a burlap sack on his head and having hay glued to him. Get it, Scarecrow? Scaring the Gotham crows away. Jack thought of it as a brilliant joke. Not to mention it was rather thrilling to leave the little punk there because now he had Harley to himself. No more ruining her with the Crow's stupid ideas and glasses. Speaking of the girl, he noticed the blonde about to pass by him as she left the Girls locker room.  Her blue eyes made quick eye contact with him. They were easy to read.. Something about him left her unsettled, like she should be. However, she looked nervous yet not scared of him yet. Interesting.

"Hey Blondie" He smirked.

"Oh Hi!" His Harley smiled, but he could tell her mind was elsewhere.

Jack tested this, by not only asking how she was but going on about some random words to see if she was actually listening. She was not, just nodding. Jack smirked, wondering what conversation was going in that girls head. She was distracted by something about him. He was so curious to what it was.

"Hmm?" Harley realized she was smiling and off in her own world. Drat! She had to pull herself together and stop thinking about him and his cute smile and no! What was he saying? Hmm, he probably asked how I was doing, she figured. "Oh! Uh! Good, really good... Interesting game right? Sports! Ya know? feetball--- football!" Harley was flustered by him, trying to make small talk made her nervous. She was trying to stay strong, reminding herself what Johnny and Red said.

In order to keep things interesting between the two of them, Jack pulled her into a kiss. Harley stood back shocked for a second before slapping him. The slap made him laugh. She liked him. He knew it. Despite what her outward appearance might projected he noticed that kiss made her loosen up her grudge a little.

Harley flipped her hair back trying to stay calm. Did she really slap him? He kissed her though! Did that mean they were okay? She had so many questions, and the line was blurred by who was asking them."Well I gotta-gotta get going we all have to be on the field for the second half but but i'll talk to-" the cheerleading coach whistle blew and she ran towards the field.

Jack eyed Pamela coming out of the men's locker room, he of course gave her a slow clap. "My-oh-my isn't it the Cheer Captain, living up to her duties I presume."

"Fuck off Jack." Pamela was late as is so she flicked him off and ran. She had no time for that stupid clown today.

Bruce watched from the stands, and he could see what the girl said about something funny happening the second half of the game. Most of Smallville's second string was in. They were not bad, but it looked like some of them had never stepped on the field. Bruce had pulled up the roster on his phone, Ross, Kent, they were only sophomores... it was odd. The team was already small to begin with but it looked half the size. As for the Gotham Knights, they took the second half with no mercy. No running back could match the force Diego brought to the line. Bruce walked towards the other side, to hear what the fans were saying. He noticed the medic team, looking at one of the players that Diego talked so hard he had to be taken off the field. No one on Gotham's side really cared that a smallville player was hurt. It was to the sidelines now, not a part of the bigger picture. Bruce felt bad for the family, seeing the players mom in tears as they were trying to get the kid to come to.

Odd. Odd indeed. Diego was strong but- Bruce snuck into the home team locker room with the last 30 seconds on the clock.

Pamela shot Vickie a look as Harvey took the ball himself to the endzone, to put Gotham up once more. Gotham Knights 49- Smallville Crows 28

As the game ended the celebration started, the student section, cheerleaders and band stormed the field. The school's fight song filled the field as the stands cheered and roared with the sound of victory. Principle Strange pushed his way to the center of it all, along with a microphone. Once the roars of victory quieted down for a second the Principle spoke. leaving narrow room  His microphone shrilled as he tapped it, making everyone in the stands groan. "What an exciting Victory and Gotham High would like to thank everyone from Smallville coming out here today. But now Gotham Knights, get on your feet it's time to add to this excitement by announcing this year's Homecoming court....Pamela Isley.. Barbara Gordon and Harleen Quinzel." The students heard what they wanted to hear, and started cheering again. It was the weekend, no one would listen to the bumbling Principle. The trumpets started playing Gotham's fight song in an effort to celebrate the Victory.

Harley was in shock, her? On homecoming court? She couldn't stop grinning, Pamela hugged her from behind. "Congrats Charles!" Her friend looked happy for her.

"As for your homecoming court for Gotham's King is...." Principle Strange looked down at the paper, no one really cared too much about the King so no one was listening. He was trying to get his announcements in but no one cared. Pretty much everyone knew it would be Harvey, Bruce and another boy that probably did not stand a chance.

The band was playing loud, getting everyone pumped from that amazing win. Harvey had his arm wrapped around Rachel, as he lead the class with Gotham's cheers. Smiles were on everyone's faces. Homecoming was tomorrow night, and that vibrant energy was in the air.

What could go wrong?

15 miles outside the very borders of Gotham, a tired boy was walking along an abandoned street. To his left and right were both never ending miles of cornfields. At every noise of a bird's crow would make him flinch. His body still had hay in places no one wished to know, bruises were along his wrists from the rope the boys had used to tie him to the stupid post. Dry blood rested on the side of his forehead as he continued to walk down the road towards Gotham. Jonathan was tired, hungry, but knew he needed to go far enough to get some sort of signal out. Behind him dark clouds began to roll in to Gotham. A storm was coming, one that nobody was prepared for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Who will become Gotham High's Homecoming King and Queen? Any guesses/votes?

Girls: Harley, Pamela, and Barbara

Boys: Harvey, Bruce and a 'Mystery Boy'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.7K 698 10
Caitlin & Barry explore their feelings towards each other. ❤💙 Omg guys! We got #2 on FlashFrost ❤❤❤❤
615K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
200K 19.3K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
12.9K 1.2K 11
A collection of short AU one-shots using Son Ye Jin's photos from BAU by Bride and You (F/W 2021) as visuals and inspo. Pairings featured: binjin, do...