My Life As An Escort ~ Book 2...

By VICMAD

Copyright © 2014 by VICMAD -All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or us... More

My Life As An Escort (New Beginnings)
Book 1 -Character Summary
Chapter 1 ~ Custody
Chapter 2~ Family History
Chapter 3~ Lover's Quarrel
Chapter 4 ~ Missing You
Chapter 5 ~ Hostility
Chapter 6 ~ Guilt
Chapter 7 ~ We Belong
Chapter 8 ~ Him or Me !
Chapter 9 ~ Ringing in the Bells
Chapter 10 ~ Family Tree
Chapter 11 ~ Dear Diary
Chapter 12 ~ Hope
Chapter 13 ~ Rest
Chapter 14~ Dreams and Reality
Chapter 15 ~ Always Drama
Chapter 16 ~ Pieces of the Missing Puzzle
Chapter 17 ~ Death
Author's Note- Important
Chapter 18 ~ Coming to Terms
Chapter 19 ~ In A Time Of Weakness
Chapter 20 ~ Critical
Chapter 21 ~ Awake
Chapter 22 ~ Finding the Strength
Chapter 23 ~ A New Reality
Chapter 25 ~ New Day
Chapter 26 ~ Evan's World
Chapter 27 ~ Past or Future
Chapter 28 ~ A Mistake
Chapter 29 ~ Finding Common Ground
Chapter 30 ~ Cursed
Chapter 31 ~ Cadence's Turmoil
Chapter 32 ~ Finding the Strength
Chapter 33 ~ Release
Chapter 34 ~ Good Vibrations
Chapter 35 ~ Starting Anew
Chapter 36 ~ Trickery of the Mind
Chapter 37 ~ Recognition
Chapter 38 ~ Evan's Saga
Chapter 39 ~ The First Day Confession
Chapter 40 ~ Reliving The Pain
Chapter 41 ~ Opening Arguments
Chapter 42 ~ The Blame Game
Chapter 43 - The Trial of Lost Sanity (Part One)
Chapter 44 - The Trial of Lost Sanity (Part Two)
Chapter 45 ~ The Meeting of the Minds
Author's Note
Chapter 46 ~ Past Lives
Chapter 47~ Leaving
Chapter 48 ~ Renew
BONUS CHAPTER Trouble Is A Brewing
Teasers and Book 3

Chapter 24 ~ Losing Myself

9.8K 471 35
By VICMAD

Cadence POV

My eyes felt heavy as my arms felt restricted. My head was slumped as I stared at the screen. Two tiny beings stretched their legs as I heard small sounds coming from the screen. It felt like I had been in this prison for so long that I would never leave. Watching my babies in their little cages made my heart pain as I could only see them but couldn't touch. I heard the door open but didn't look to see who it was.

"Hello Cadence," I heard the voice say. I just stared out at the screen as the figure walked in front of me. Where was Evan? They said he was okay why wasn't he here?

"My dear I'm glad to see you awake," she said touching my hand. The softness of her touch almost frightened me.

The door opened again and I heard another voice. The other figure walked in and untied the straps.

"I apologize for the restraints," Dr. Worthington said taking a seat next to Lilly.

"Cadence the nurse told me what happened last night. The physician on call thought it was necessary to confine you to your bed. I understand you wanted to see your husband?"

I looked up for the first time and nodded my head yes. I still felt drowsy from the medication they gave me before.

Dr. Worthington leaned over. "Evan is awake. He is only a few doors down."

"Can I see him please?" My voice had returned somewhat but not to it's full extent. I sounded like a little lost child.

"I would like to talk about Evan first."

"Okay." I wasn't sure what this was all about.

"Do you remember the shooting?"

"Somewhat. Yaz and a man shot us. They shot Evan and then me."

"Correct, Evan was shot just like you. When Evan got shot he hit his head causing him to have a brain bleed. Our neurosurgeon, Dr. Kautz, was able to repair it. Evan had swelling after the surgery and most of it has gone down."

"So he is okay right?"

"When Evan woke up Cadence... he thought it was the year two-thousand and six."

"No that's not right. I didn't know him back then."

"He has amnesia, sweetheart," I heard Lilly say sitting up in her chair.

"So what are you saying, that he doesn't remember me or our children," I felt the water bubbling up in my eyes.

"I have not asked him. A few of his associates stopped by and he didn't recognize them."

"He would know me, I am his wife and the mother of his children. He told me he would always love me. I married him and we are suppose to grow old together. We were talking before this accident ever happened. This can't be true I need to see him."

"Calm down Cadence," Dr. Worthington said getting up. "I don't want you to work yourself up."

"I don't care. You all have kept me from my children and my husband. Nobody wants to tell me anything," I said breaking down. "Lilly why are they doing this to me?"

"Oh honey, you have to be well. You have two babies that need your love and support. Everything will work out fine," Lilly said.

"I want to see him."

Dr. Worthington stood up and whispered something to Lilly. She walked out the room and moments later she came back with a wheelchair and a nurse. She gave instructions to the nurse and I was being lifted into the wheelchair. Dr. Worthington stood in front of me.

"You and Evan are both my patients. I have told you of his condition and I can't afford for either of you to work yourselves up. You have both been through a traumatic experience and you both have wounds that still need to heal. The minute I feel either one of you can't control yourselves, I will remove you from the room. Do you understand?"

"Yes," I said trying to ignore the pain in my abdomen.

Dr. Worthington rolled me down the hall. "I will be right outside if you need me. Just knock on the door and I will come and get you. You can't stay too long." She opened the door and rolled me in. Evan was lying down with his back turned to me.

"Evan," Dr. Worthington said looking from me to Evan. Evan slowly turned around and looked between Dr. Worthington and me.

"Evan it's me baby Cadence? I'm so glad you are okay." I stared into his golden eyes hoping that he would know who I was. He looked at me for the longest and then looked at Dr. Worthington.

"Are you a fan?" He asked looking at me.

"A fan of what?" I was now confused.

"A fan of my music?"

"You have a very talented voice," I said holding in the tears. There was no recognition of me. I felt my heart slowly breaking.

"What's your favorite song?"

"Spend My Life With You," I said quickly wiping the tear away.

"I didn't make that song," he said turning up his nose a little confused.

"You sang it to me the night... nevermind."

"How did I sing a song to you that I don't remember singing to you or writing. How does it go?"

I started to sing the first verse but I couldn't. It was our song. It was the song we sang together the night he proposed and he didn't remember. All I could do was put my head in my hands and cry.

"I'm sorry I don't remember. They tell me I have amnesia. Maybe I did sing to you. I would have remembered singing to a pretty girl like you. Why are you even in the hospital?"

The question caught me off guard.

"I was shot."

"Me too."

"I know."

"I'm sure they had my shooting on the news. Anytime a rapper gets shot the media has to broadcast it. Black on black crime, they love publicizing it. I can't wait to make enough money and open up my own label. Did you find out about me on the news or something?"

"Baby you own your own label and Evan I was there."

"Wait I own my own label?"

"Yes. EMR."

"Wow I can't believe I did it. Wait you said you were with me?"

"Yes, I was next to you when you were shot and then I was shot."

"Damn! Why did they shoot us and who did it?"

"Yaz shot us Evan!"

"Stop lying!" He said getting defensive. "Yaz would never do that. You don't even know her. She loves me and there is no way in hell she would do something like that!"

"Your once upon a time girlfriend hates you. She tried to kill us!"

"My mom said she had a child but it isn't mine. Yaz may have cheated on me but she is a good person and I can't see her trying to kill us."

"Maybe in the past she was a good person. Although Kara is not your biological child we are raising her. You didn't want Yaz anywhere around Kara because of how she treated you and walked out of Kara's life. She left you Evan over six years ago. Her child is for Brian, your old assistant. She married him Evan and left him for some man named Marquis. She is a golddigging bitter bitch. She doesn't love you, all she wants is revenge. She hates that you chose me over her, she hates us."

"We can't be talking about the same person? Wait you said we as in me and you are taking care of the child?"

"We're married Evan."

He looked at me as if I had lost my mind. He started to laugh which only made me want to crawl into a hole and die.

"Girl I'm not married. If we were married I should know who you are. Even with my memory not being all there, I should have this feeling that I know you, but I don't. How do I know you are not a crazed fan."

"We are married! Yaz shot us both. We have children together. Two girls see." I picked up the remote and changed the channel but nothing came on the screen. He raised his eyebrow to me as if I was crazy.

"I swear to God, we have twin girls!"

"Maybe you should go. You are scaring me," he said with his finger on the button.

"I'm not lying. We have twin girls in the NICU. Yaz shot me and they had to deliver the babies. I love you and our daughters and it hurts to no end that you can't remember us. We need you, I need you. You told me til death do us part that you would always love me. So please I am begging you with everything in me to try really hard to remember. The nights we made love and we held each other were the nights that I treasure to this day." I wiped the tears that wouldn't stop flowing.

"I'm sorry I just don't remember," he said. "Were you the one to call my name last night?"

I looked at him and nodded.

"Why?"

"Because I wanted you to save me again. I wanted you to tell me that everything would be okay. I wanted my husband. I want my family and they wouldn't let me see you. I was so close but still too far away. I want my husband and the father to our children back. I want the love we share for each other. I want you."

He just stared at me. I tried getting up as the pain shot through me and stood hunched over. I needed to make my plea.

"I married you because I love you. You promised that we would grow old together and play with our grand kids. You promised me a life of love, romance and family. You have to remember because if you don't I wouldn't know what to do. I love you Evan and I know deep down you have to love me too. Baby you have to search within yourself, you have to remember. Please I beg you," I leaned down and kissed him. He was startled at first and suddenly he backed away.

I sat back in my chair as the door opened. I saw Dr. Worthington looking at me. I shook my head no and she looked defeated.

"Get some rest Evan. I will check on you a little later," she said rolling me out the door. We made it back to my room and Lilly was still there. They both helped me back in the bed. I turned my back to Lilly.

"Cadence give him some time. His memory can come back at anytime. I know you are hurting but keep the faith," Dr. Worthington said rubbing my back. She said goodbye and walked out the door.

"Cadence, I'm so sorry," Lilly said.

"Can you just stay with me please? I don't have anyone else."

"Ah sweetheart of course." Lilly took off her shoes and climbed in the bed with me. She held me until I cried myself to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 108K 62
Sidharth Karthikeya Roy, a dangerous and powerful businessman who is a ruthless CEO of Roy group. He got entangled in an arranged marriage with Megha...
455K 11.7K 21
Liv Haydon has always lived life the way she expected to. She graduated high school with honors, has a 3.8 GPA in university, and her social life is...
3.8K 183 34
Author: scarletjedi Summary: Gimli closes his eyes, an old Dwarf on the brink of death in the home he had built with his husband in the Undying Lands...
27.6K 553 10
This is my first fanfic I tried to be as canon as possible 😅 Hope you enjoy the story <3 Anime: Haikyuu!! Main characters: Kiyoomi Sakusa, Y/N Mea...