From Nerd to Jerk

By miss_terious

Brooke and Zac have been best friends since preschool. During senior year Brooke decides to transform the ner... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19 Pt. 1
Chapter 19 Pt. 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Bonus Chapter: Alternate Ending
Epilogue
Question & Answer

Chapter 18

92.6K 2.8K 917
By miss_terious

So, another update. . . sorry I'm an awkward taco. . . Vote and Comment :) Thanks for reading

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18

Brooke's POV

    Ugh. I'm bored. I can't believe that its already winter break. I let my dogs out into the backyard and instantly thought of an idea. Closing the door, I grabbed my phone and dialed Adam's number. It was already dark, but who cares. After two rings, he finally picked up.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey, you busy today?" I said.

"Uh, no? Why?" He asked.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked.

"Uh sure. What movie and where?" He asked.

"Quarantine. My house. You can invite Zac and Clayton. I'll get Tiana," I explained.

"Scary movie, huh? You gonna fake being scared? Oh, and Shawna's probably gonna come if Zac's coming," He said catching onto my plan.

"Why would Shawna come? I thought the broke up? Oh, and Yeah," I said sheepishly.

"They're back together," Adam scoffed.

"Oh, they are?" I sighed.

"Yea, well I gotta go call them so bye," He said as he hung up. I pulled my phone and dialed Tiana's number and waited for a reply.

                                                       ------------------------------------

        I didn't bother changing out of my pyjama pants and tank top, it's not like I was going out or anything. So far, I know that Tiana and Adam are coming, but Adam hasn't told me if Zac and Clayton are coming.

"Ding," I turned to my phone to see a new text from Adam.

Clayton Zac and Shawna r comin

Good. I smirked and walked to the kitchen to get the popcorn. Because what's a scary movie in the dark without popcorn? Soon, everyone was here.

"So? Are we gonna start the movie now?" Shawna asked scrunching up her nose.

"Yea," I said rolling my eyes and putting in the DVD. As the previews were showing I ran to get the popcorn from the kitchen. I set the bowl on the coffee table and huddled next to Adam.

Adam's POV

"What movie is this again?" Shawna asked again.

"Shut up! It's Quarantine!" Tiana yelled as everyone except Zac laughed.

"Quiet the movie's starting," Clayton cried as he sat next to Tiana.

        Once the movie started, Brooke wrapped her skinny arms around me and placed her head in the crook of my neck, despite the looks Zac was giving her. D*mn. She was freaking good actress. I bit my lip and played along with her act. Turns out Shawna was trying the same act, but Zac was hardly paying any attention to her.

"Uh, Brooke! The popcorn's gone. Can you make some more?" Shawna asked in a sing song voice. She rolled her eyes knowing that Shawna wanted her gone so that Zac would focus on her.

 "I'll come with you," Zac piped up.

"No," Brooke said, "I can go alone,"

"But, you seemed really scared. I can come just in case," Zac pressed on.

"I'll go with her," I smirking at Zac.

      Once we were in the kitchen, Brooke put another bag of popcorn into the microwave and burst out laughing. God, she's so cute. Wait? What?

"Shut up, they're still watching the movie over there," I frowned covering her mouth. "Why are you laughing?"

"It's funny," She said trying not to laugh. I raised an eyebrow at her. "The movie and pretending to be scared,"

 "Aren't you supposed to be making someone over there jealous," I asked smirking as Brooke pressed start on the microwave.

"Oh yea," She said quietly before loudly moaning, probably hoping that a certain someone hears. And he did. There was a small shuffle in the living room and then just the sound of the movie playing.

"He's coming," Brooke whispered. I pushed her back against the counter and put my face close to hers as Zac walked into the kitchen.

"Oh! Uh, sorry. I was looking for the bathroom," Zac stuttered. 

"It's the second door down the hall," Brooke said rolling her eyes, since she knew he was lying. Taking out the popcorn, Brooke poured it into the bowl and we walked back out to the living room like nothing happened.

"So. . . What was that?" Tiana whispered.

"Nothing," I whispered back.

                                                       -------------------------------------------

Zac's POV

"Oh my gosh. That was so scary," Shawna said shakily.

"Don't worry babe, I'll protect you," I said huskily.

"Well, I gotta get home before the rain gets really bad," Tiana said as she grabbed her coat and headed out the door.

"Yea, me too," Clayton said as he rushed out the door right behind Tiana.

"Baby, we should go now," Shawna said as the rain began to worsen.

"Sure, what about you, Adam?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, I don't know. Brooke can I crash here for the night?" Adam asked giving me a smirk.

"Sure," She said smiling mischievously.

"Uh, I can drive you home," I offered quickly. No way am I letting this guy stay with Brooke for a whole night.

"Nah, my car is here and I woudn't want to bother you," Adam smirked.

"No, I insist," I pressed on.

"Zac, just go. He can stay here with me," Brooke said sweetly. Is it just me or is she emphasizing 'me'?

"Yea, I just want to spend the night with my girlfriend," Adam sighed.

"Yea, baby we should just leave them alone," Shawna said tugging at my sleeve.

"Um, ok," I said turning towards the door and I could have sworn that they were both smirking right at me.

Adam's POV

"That was hilarious!" Brooke laughed once Zac left, "Did you see his face?"

"Yeah, he really likes you," I chuckled, instantly regretting my outburst.

Her face contorted into confusion, "No he doesn't," 

 "Yea, he does. That's why he always tells you to stay away from me," I grinned.

"How do you know that?" She asked looking up at me.

"He tells me to stay away from you all the time, but that's not working out so well," I smiled.

"He dosn't though. He likes Shawna," Brooke said spitting out Shawna's name.

"Aww, come on, deep inside you're happy to hear this information," I smirked as she glared at me. She was probably regretting telling me she used to like that guy.

"You suck," She said rolling her eyes as she headed towards the stairs.

"Wait? What am I gonna do?" I frowned running after her. I caught her just as she reached the top of the stairs and grabbed her by the waist.

"Are you trying to kill me?" She yelled playfully.

"No. . . not yet," I grinned, "So, what am I gonna do?"

 "I don't know. You can stay here or go home. I don't care," She said trying to pry my hands off her.

"Ok," I said happily, "Where's your room again?" 

"Over there," She said rolling her eyes, pointing to a white door.

"Yay," I cried as I jumped onto her bed.

A few minutes later she said,"You're weird,"

"Wait, you don't care if I'm in the same bed?" I asked.

"No. It's not like we're doing anything other than sleeping. Me and Zac slept in the same bed," She said rolling over to face me. "Why are you smiling?"

"Because I'm technically sleeping with you," I grinned.

"So you gonna brag about this to Zac?" Brooke asked raising her eyebrow.

"Good idea," I smiled.

"Well, goodnight," Brooke yawned.

"Aww, what about goodnight kisses?" I pouted.

"Are you quoting 'Despicable Me' ?" She asked.

"No," I lied.

"Liar," She said rolling her eyes in the darkness.

"Whatever, but just one kiss," I sighed.

"Just one kiss," She said cautiously.

"Look who just quoted 'The Princess and the Frog' ," I smirked.

"And may I ask how you know the lines of that movie?" She asked. D*mnit she got me.

"So about that kiss?" I asked, changing the subject.

 "Sure," She grinned as I leaned in, closing the gap between us. We pulled away moments later gasping for air.

 "Well uh, 'night," I smiled.

" 'Night," She said in return, nestling her head in the crook of my neck. She fell asleep quickly leaving me to my thoughts. I watched her sleep for a moment. Her chest rising and falling as she breathes. D*mn. I sound like a pedophile. I pulled up the covers with one hand, since the other was wrapped around Brooke. And that's when it hit me. 

      I like her. Not as a friend, but as a girlfriend. I have her, yet I don't. At the moment, she's mine, but at the same time she isn't. Soon, my mind wandered onto Zac. Zac. D*mnit, what about the plan? I guess I'm gonna have to ditch it but, Brooke probably won't. I guess I'm just going to hide, and enjoy this while it lasts, and maybe, Brooke just might like me back too.

 ___________________________________________________________________________

AWW! He likes her :3 . . . . well you all knew it was coming <3

Vote and Comment :D

Did you like this chapter?

Ok. . . well BYES

Miss_terious

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 29.3K 24
[Completed] Taylor Daniels. Average name, average face, average girl. What about her life? Well, that's a bit complicated. Finding out her werewolf...
44.4K 949 30
In highschool, Jake Miller had a girlfriend of his own and was the complete average bad boy-jock. But they are grown up now and Jake Miller's girlfr...
73.8K 1.5K 23
Brooke is a girl with insecurities like any other girl, only her insecurities are about other things than what people think. Their about how she acts...
365 62 18
Why universe why?? Or Nikki here. "You don't, again, mean him right?" "Yes, I do." She smirks. Fine. What? She is not gonna back away anyways. Tru...