Dricki OneShots/Mini-Series:...

By _Books4l

Dricki OneShots || Dricki Short Stories More

Letting Go (Part 1)
Letting Go (Part 2)
Letting Go (Part 3)
Back & Better (1)
Back & Better (2)
Back & Better (3)
The Best Man (1)
The Best Man (2)
The Best Man (3)
The Best Man (4)
Make Ya' Money (1)
Which Short Story Should I Continue?
When I'm Broken... (1)
When I'm Broken... (2)
HoneyTRAP (1)
HoneyTRAP(2)
Revolver
New Beginnings (1)
The Industry (1)
The Industry (2)
The Mistress
Teenage Fever
Before It All
After It All
College Girl (1)
On My Own (1)
On My Own (2)
On My Own (3)
ALERT!
POWER
For The Love
Beyond The Lights (1)
Beyond The Lights (1.5)
Fight For Me...For Us (1)
Everlasting.
New Drake Story!
Not What You Want (1)
Not What You Want (2)
June 29th: Mentally Unstable
June 29th: Pornstar Pussy
June 29th: Story of Adonis
June 29th: Finale
FUN GIRL : 1

On My Own (4)

1K 36 8
By _Books4l

Onika Kravitz

"So you're telling me that you've never been to Six Flags and you've been living in Atlanta your entire life"? I nodded my head, "Well I was actually born in New York and moved here when I was eight. So no, I've never really been an amusement park type of girl".

Travis laughed, "I gotta take you one day, get you some of that bomb ass funnel cake". I shook my head, "Now, I've actually had funnel cake before. I take the kids to the annual fair and they love it".

"The fair ain't got shit on that Six Flags funnel cake, trust me". I shrugged my shoulders, "Funnel cake is funnel cake".

This friendship that had developed between Travis and I seemed fast, but it also seemed so natural. Just two weeks ago, I'd ran into him at my parents' house and now we were at my house enjoying 'Netflix and Chill'. His conversations were quite refreshing, no man besides my dad has actually even made me feel welcomed the way he does in a very long time. Without sexual compliments or anything of that sort, his presence seemed truly genuine, making me feel like he actually enjoyed my company. Last Tuesday, which was the day that Aubrey got the kids, Travis insisted that we go on a 'friendly date'. I made it clear that I didn't want to move too fast and he appreciated it, he understood that I was a mother of three and everything I did would eventually affect them in some way, shape, or form. To make a long story short, he took me out to the movies and to dinner. It was simple but enjoyable. He actually showed up to my door with a bouquet of roses, something I've never even experienced. He held the door open for me, escorted me to my seat, walked me to my door safely, and held me tight when there were scary scenes throughout the movie. It seemed quite simple, but I appreciated it. You really never know what you're missing until someone comes along and gives it to you, and that's exactly what Travis was doing. He gave me attention whenever he was free, making me feel like that girl in high school who finally got her chance with her crush.

"What"? I asked, looking at him as he stared at me. He shook his head, "Nothing, you're just very-you're different". I laughed, "Is that good or bad"?

"It's good, trust me. I just get a vibe from you, a vibe I actually enjoy. It's like- no other woman I've actually spent time with could make simple shit so enjoyable. All we're doing is watching tv and I'm having the time of my life, simply being in your presence. Lowkey, as a man, we don't all want the girls that's easy to have and I appreciate you just giving me these chill ass vibes and taking everything slow".

I smiled, as I was about to reply, there was a knock on my door. "I'll be right back". I got up from the couch, walking to the front door. Peeking through the peephole, I saw Asani and my next door neighbor.

Now tonight, my next door neighbor's daughter had a sleep over and invited Asani. We'd been staying over here for a few months and Asani and the little girl were in the same class, so I knew of her. This community was very close-knit, meaning that most of the kids were usually friends. Asani had begged me to go to the sleep over and after a few hours of pouring, I gave in since it was literally next door. Ace and Aiden were with my parents, so I figured Asani could go and have her fun too.

"Ms.Kravits, Asani has gotten into an altercation with another child at the party. Since you guys live right next door, I thought it was best to just bring her home to prevent further issues". I sighed, "I'm so sorry, I'll handle her. Tell Skylar I said happy birthday and I hope she enjoyed her gifts". I shook my head as Asani walked into the house. Her head hung low as she dragged her over-night bag.

"Asani what happened, look at me". She looked at me, pouting. "Mommy, Rachel got mad because I beat her in the game. She hollered at me, and I hit her, on accident though". I sighed, "Asani you can't go around hitting on people, now what if she would've hit you back. Then there would have been a problem".

"Mommy, I didn't even hit her hard. She was being extra". I wanted to laugh, but I tried so hard to keep my composure. "I'm going to kick Zoe's ass, she got you talking just like her".

Like I said earlier, Asani really appreciated her personal space. I couldn't really get mad at her, but I did want to teach her wrong from right. I was mad because we'd spent all day getting her ready for the sleepover and she had to leave early, I even flat ironed her hair for the first time.

"Asani why do you have the 'birthday girl tiara'"? She shrugged, "Oh, Skylar loss it when we were having a dance battle". I shook my head, watching her walk away to put her things in her room.

After making sure the door was locked, I returned to the living room where Travis was. "My daughter just came home, unexpectedly, so this little 'Netflix and Chill' has come to an end." Travis nodded his head, "Oh word? Lil mama can join too. I don't mind watching a kiddy movie, but that's up to you".

As if Asani knew we were speaking of , she walked into the living room. "Mommyyyyyyyy, I'm hungry". I shook my head at her extra self, "There's pizza right there, get some".

I watched her as she looked at Travis, she literally stared at him the entire time she took a slice of pizza. "What's your name beautiful"? She looked at me as if she was waiting for permission to speak to him. "Go ahead and tell him your name".

"My name is Asani Sanaa Graham, what is your name"? He smiled, "I'm Travis, nice to meet you Asani".

"I have a question", Asani asked looking at me. "What is it baby"? She smiled, chewing on her pizza. "Is this your boyfriend mommy"? I shook my head, "He's my friend".

She shrugged her shoulders, "Okay". Travis laughed, picking up the remote. "You wanna watch some movies"? She shrugged, "Only if we can watch Frozen, that's it". He nodded his head, "I got you".

About an hour and a half into the movie, I was tired of hearing Asani's signing. Travis seemed to enjoy it but he'd been tired too if he dealt with this a 100 times a day. My head rested on his right shoulder, while Asani laid on my lap.

After the movie was over, Asani asked Travis a few more questions, she actually seemed to like him. "Can I touch your beard", she asked, which made me laugh. He nodded his head. "It feels like a bush", she said, making him laugh.

Asani stayed with us for a few more minutes until it was way past her her bed time. I told her to go upstairs and wait for me, so that I could help her bathe. While she went upstairs, Travis and I got up from the couch, heading towards the kitchen.

"I really enjoyed this, your daughter's a sweetheart". I smiled, "Thanks", I said while breaking down the pizza box. When I turned around, I was face to face with Travis. He looked me in the eyes and I did the same to him. Without speaking, our lips connected. Within a few seconds, the kiss had become intense as he firmly placed his hands on my waist. This shit felt sensational, but I forgot exactly where we were.

I broke away first and he looked at me, with that stare, that shit made my heart melt. "Ima gone head and leave before we make a mess in this kitchen". I shook my head smiling, "Let me know when you make it home". He placed a final kiss on my lips, wrapping his arms around my body and hugging me tightly. "I will".

Whiting seconds, he walked out of the kitchen and I later heard the door closing. I threw a few things in the trash and headed upstairs, but not before making sure the door was locked first.

I made sure Asani was together before putting her to bed, then I went to bed myself. As soon as I closed my eyes, Travis had sent me a texted. "I'm home beautiful, talk to you in the AM 😘".

"So that's it Onika, you moving on"? I nodded my head, standing against the wall with my arms folded. "You can miss me with the bullshit, it's been months. Obviously this relationship shop between us will never work, so why are you doing this now".

He sighed, "Twelve years of my fucking life, we were supposed to be married". I laughed, "Twelve years that you threw down the drain. I don't want to focus on us, everything between us is strictly about the kids Aubrey. If you can't accept that, I don't know what to tell you".

He sighed, running his hands over his face. "Can we just settle this shit about the kids, I need to go clear my mind".

"It's simple Aubrey. You get them every other weekend starting On Thursdays. That means you're responsible for picking them up from school and Aiden from daycare. I get them back on Tuesday, which means I'll be picking them up. Asani starts her cheer practice next week, so we can take turn attending. Ace also starts track the week after, so the same deal with him".

"That's it"? He asked, I nodded my head. "I really need to you be committed Aubrey, this is the only way for us to at least develop a friendship. I also need you to attend their games, I'm tired of screaming in the stands alone".

He laughed, "I'm proud of you man, I can't even be mad". I smiled, pulling him into a hug. "We were always friends from the beginning Aub. I'm willing to work with you to gain that back, it's always love between us".

He placed a kiss on my forehead, "I just want you to be happy Nick, I'm sorry if I can't do that for you. I'm working on myself, been talking to my dad more and everything". I smiled, "That's good, I wish you the best".

I looked up at him as he looked down at me, reading we were still in this hugging position. "Just promise me something".

"What"? He sighed, "Whoever he is. She make sure he makes you happy, makes sure he loves my kids". I nodded my head, "I will, as long as you can do the same".

Twelve years, nothing changed, the love was still there but we couldn't be together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 1K 15
One shots/ two shots/ short stories on PreRish
202 18 3
WHERE; I take requests for oneshots. PLEASE NOTE; that all my stories are strictly 18+ STATUS: open
1.1K 80 5
Some short stories, mostly cute one shots..
107K 3.3K 20
oneshots from hell.