After The War - FORSAKEN MAGI...

Por AnnaFernandes213

Harry, Ron and Hermione and their return to Hogwarts to finish their NEWTS. But nothing is the same. There is... Más

Chapter 1 - Goblin's Pride
Chapter 2 - To Forgive And Heal
Chapter 3 - Hogwarts Letter
Chapter 4 - Moving On
Chapter 5 - Birthday
Chapter 6 - House and Home
Chapter 7 - The Sorting
Chapter 8 - Secret Admirer
Chapter 9 - Strange New Feelings
Chapter 10 - New start
Chapter 11 - Quidditch Captain
Chapter 12 - Tryouts
Chapter 13 - Lying boyfriends
Chapter 14 - The other 'Conner'
Chapter 15 - Power of Pansy
Chapter 16 - Quitter
Chapter 17 - Long weekend
Chapter 18 - The slug party
Chapter 19 - Quidditch
Chapter 20 - New Captain
Chapter 21 - The Bad Boy's Story
Chapter 22 - Date With A Greengrass
Chapter 23 - The Raid
Chapter 24 - Halloween Nightmare
Chapter 25 - Taken
Chapter 26 - Old Witchcraft
Chapter 27 - Salem witches
Chapter 28 - The Master, The Boy and The Spare
Chapter 29 - Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 30 - Nicholes Flamel
Chapter 31 - Ministry Coverup
Chapter 32 - Clues
Chapter 33 - Changing Allegiance
Chapter 34 - The Diversion
Chapter 35 - Run And Hide
Chapter 36 - Goodbyes again
Chapter 37 - The Headmaster's Potrait
Chapter 38 - House Elves
Chapter 39 - DA Reunion
Chapter 40 - Missing person
Chapter 41 - Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw
Chapter 42 - Secrets In The Forest
Chapter 43 - Hidden In Plain Site
Chapter 44 - Head and Heart
Chapter 45 - Ministry Falling
Chapter 46 - Ancient Magic
Chapter 47 - Rematch Sabotage
Chapter 49 - Love Lisa
Chapter 50 - Wounded Heart
Title change!!
After The War - DARKNESS WITHIN (HP9)

Chapter 48 - Heroes and Traitors

184 9 2
Por AnnaFernandes213

Gryffindor's Victory lasted for several weeks as November rolled out and December arrived. Those who couldn't understand why Harry was zooming around in the wrong direction looking for the snitch, soon realised why. Carter was the most hated student in Gryffindor because they felt betrayed by him and other houses didn't want to be associated with a traitor.

Harry would have felt sorry for him if he didn't lash out at anyone who made a comment about him. Carter took to his defence and said that he was being falsely accused of sabotage even though there were several witnesses who saw him send out a flash of gold onto the pitch.

"Tell me again how you stopped him sabotaging the game." Ron told Hermione at breakfast the next day. It was the most talked about topic since the battle at Hogwarts.

Hermione sighed and repeated the story. Ever since the match ended people had bombarded her to recall the story. Ron was so impressed that he had his arm locked around her all night.

"As I already said, I suspected something was interfering with the game. Injuries like this is unusual for any game. At first I suspected it to be-" she lowered her Voice and continued "-Salem witchcraft and hadn't considered Carter at all, but when Harry went shooting off into the wrong direction I spotted Carter pointing his wand at the direction Harry was headed. That's when I knew....."

"That slimy git had the nerve to mess with us!" Ron said stabbing his potatos with his fork.

"Atleast McGonagal gave him detention and banned him for ever being on the team, I don't think anyone can trust him after his." Harry added.

Inspite of the entire school giving him a cold shoulder, Carter managed to keep one friend with whom he spent most evenings with in the common room.

"Terrence of all people." Ron said in disgust watching Terrence and Carter walk out of the great hall together.

"I'm not really surprised." Hermione said from behind her defence against the dark arts book. Harry and Ron turned to her in surprise.

"Care to share your theory?" Ron asked.

"Well..." Hermione said putting down the book. "Carter hates Harry and we know Terence is somehow related to Ron's fanmail which is nothing but trouble and since the two of you are friends, they have something in common which they hate."

Harry and Ron looked at each other. They didn't really think about it this way but it surely made sense.

Soon deep snow had covered the grounds of Hogwarts. Harry Ron and Hermione battled through the thick snow to the edge of the forest where Hagrid stood waiting for his students to arrive.

"Hello there!" Hagrid called to them waving one hand while the other was in a barrel.

"What have you got for us today, Hagrid?" Harry asked as they arrived.

"Squids!" Hagrid said happily. The class looked at each other, unimpressed.

"Er... squids?" Ron asked, confused.

"These aren't your average muggle squids, Ron." Hagrid said carefully fishing out out from the barrel and holding it up for the class to see.

The squids looked a lot like muggle squids except that it was a subtle shade of purple and seemed to glow a bit.

"These creatures have what is called a 'bottomless pit'" Hagrid explained "they can eat things several times their size and still not change their form."

Now the class began to look interested.

"Can anyone tell me the capacity for this little guy?" Hagrid asked putting the purple squid back into the barrel. To nobody's surprise, Hermione's had shot up immediately.

"No one knows, wizards have tried measuring by several ways but so far there seems to be no limit. In 1808, Chester Ood bravely stepped inside to investigate but was never seen again. Legend says he lived for a long time lost in the void of the squids appetite."

The class gasped. They had been hanging onto every word she said.

"Ten points to Gryffindor!" Hagrid said happily beaming at Hermione.

"Now these squids can be dangerous predators in water but mostly don't eat. Although I wouldn't keep my fingers too close to it unless it's arms are tied." Hagrid said. "Can anyone tell me the uses for a squid?"

"Squids were mostly used for smuggling large quantities of goods around the country." Hermione said. "But over the last century, Wizards have turned their use into more practical daily needs..like tents."

"This explains a lot." Harry said thinking back at the tents they used at the Quidditch World Cup and while on the run. "But those came in different sizes. I thought the squid sizes are still undetermined?"

"Good question Harry!" Hagrid said halfheartedly before turning to the rest of the class and began describing its other magical features.

Hermione knew why and immediately turned to Harry and said "When the squid is killed, the magical qualities are also greatly affected. This puts a limit on its capacity. Even my beaded bag has its limits."

"Your beaded bag is made of squid?" Ron said sticking his tongue out in disgust. "I put my hand in its belly!!" Hermione rolled her eyes and turned to face Hagrid who had been handing out little squids to each of their classmates.

"Oh no!" Neville cried as he accidentally bumped into Hannah and stepped on her squid, squashing it flat.

"Don't worry, these squids breeds faster than rabbits." Hagrid laughed as he handed Hannah a new one.

After class everyone rushed back to the castle to wash off the squid smell from their hands while Harry, Ron and Hermione stayed back to help Hagrid carry his things back to his hut. Then he gave them a barrel of water and a bar of soap to wash their hands. "Magic leaves traces, some more powerful than others. Some in the form of smell and others a feeling." Hermione told Ron when he said that there should be a spell to stop the squids from smelling so much.

"Rock cakes anyone?" Hagrid asked offering a plate of his famous teeth breaking cakes as Fang bounced around Harry, Ron and Hermione licking at their hands.

"No thanks, Hagrid. We need to get back to the castle for lunch soon." Harry said immediately and Ron and Hermione nodded behind him.

Hagrid looked a little disappointed as he set it back on the table. "I hardly get to see any of you anymore."

"I know Hagrid." Harry said sadly. "But it's only going to be worse from here."

"What do you mean?" Hagrid asked. Fang let out a whine and finally settled his head on Ron's lap.

"Ron and I will be leaving Hogwarts sometime by Christmas." Harry said. "We are joining the Auror department in the ministry."

Hagrid jaw dropped. "So soon?"

"I'll still be here, Hagrid." Hermione said. "I'll finish my year in Hogwarts before I join the ministry."

"What about your Quidditch team? You guys did a spectacular job, last game, but you still need to win the cup." Hagrid said. "Everyone needs their NEWTS!! I also have a lesson on dragons this year, I arranged with your brother Charlie to have a baby brought over from Romania for a few days."

Harry, Ron and Hermione looked at each other. This was exactly the reaction they were dreading.

"You must come visit us in London, Hagrid." Ron said. Hagrid stopped talking as he took in everything. Fang now moved to Hagrid's lap to comfort him.

"Sure, I will." He said kindly, finally calming down.

"Good luck with Hagrid's class on dragons!" Ron told Hermione as they made their way through the snow back to the castle.

They finally settled down in the great hall to eat. Hagrid had already brought in the usual 12 Christmas trees and little Flitwick could be seen standing on a stool and decorating it.

Harry watched as Flitwick pointed his wand at the top of the tree and a golden glowing start shout out of his wand and carefully sat at the top. This would be his last Christmas at Hogwarts. Ron must have been thinking the same thing because he suddenly said "Next Christmas will be at the Burrow. By then we will become full fledged Aurors."

There was an excited chatter in the hall as everyone was discussing their plans for the holidays. Many of the first years were planning to go home for the Christmas holidays, to their surprise, so was Terrence.

"Bloody Hell!" Ron exclaimed as an owl swooped in from the ceiling and landed in front of Harry with a loud thud.

"It's from Kingsley." Harry said grabbing the letter and ripping it open. Hermione leaned over at once to read over his shoulder. Even Ron stopped eating to read along with Harry.

"Hestia Jones is back." Harry said excitement slowly trickling in. "Kingsley said to join them on the first train to London."

"I thought we could stay for Christmas." Ron said looking around the great hall sadly.

"The sooner we get you out of here the better." Harry said rolling up the letter and tucking it into his cloak.

"I can't wait to find out what tasks we will be handling when we get there." Ron said excitedly.

"I expect we will simply be observing in the beginning." Harry said. He then realised how quiet Hermione had become. Before he could say anything however Hermione got to her feet and said "you better start packing if you want to take the Hogwarts express with the other students tomorrow." Then she walked away.

*******

Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter!
Just two more left for part 1!

Let me know what you think in the comments...
Don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter
<3<3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

940 164 180
Harry and Ron and Hermione have all just gotta back from there travels and destroying the hexins that they need to do to stop the drank lord and ever...
16.4K 414 35
His past keeps up with him, no matter how hard he keeps the fight with his inner demons. He tries to forget but oblivion doesn't come to those who su...
66.4K 1.5K 32
How do Harry and his friends cope after the Battle of Hogwarts? What becomes of Teddy Lupin, the orphaned godson of Harry Potter? This is my version...
215K 5.3K 30
Harry Potter and Hermione a Granger have always been best friends, but will that change now they head back to Hogwarts? Will Harry show his true feel...