Lost in Wanderlust

By boot_books

{ Highest Ranking #35 in Humour } 1st Place Winner - The Blueberry Awards || 2nd Place Winner - The Hidden Ge... More

1. The Packing
2. Pillow Fight
3. The Beginning
4. The Hilarious Incident
5. The Flight Scenes
6. The First Day
8. Panorama Route
9. Piece of POOPSHIT
10. Just Bonfire Stuffs
11. Are You On Stupid Pills?
12. To be 'Lost In Wanderlust'
13. You're a POTTERHEAD!!!
A/N
14. Eavesdropping is a bad habit!
15. Are you like checking me out?
A/N : BAD NEWS
16. Almost Dead
17. "We've Planned Something"
Tagged
18. Drakensberg Hiking Trail - Part 1
19. Drakensberg Hiking Trail - Part 2
20. Spooky Enough
21. The Creepy Cowshed
22. The Escape
23. Always Bounce Back
24. A Peak Into The Past
25. "We're Going Home!"
26. Parting Ways
27 - The Final Route

7. The Safari

182 21 120
By boot_books

"Come on both of you. Get up. We don't wanna be late." I heard Ariana screaming at me and Jennifer.

"Urrghh Aria, why are you screaming like you're being raped?" I groaned.

"Because I don't wanna be late for the trip to the National Park. Get it?" She said firmly.

I sighed in defeat and dragged myself out of the bed. I saw Jen was still sleeping. 'Time for revenge bitch' I thought and an evil smile curved on my face.

I filled a bucket full of water and emptied a bottle of shampoo in it so the water can become foamy. I twisted the doorknob of the bathroom and looked if Aria is anywhere near because if she saw me, she wouldn't let me do it. I looked left and right. There was no sign of Aria. She must be in the balcony.

I tiptoed to Jen's bed and lifted her blanket just enough to see if she was still sleeping. I then got rid of her blanket and kept it aside. She was still snoring loud. And then I splashed the bucket water on her face and she woke up in shock. I then hid in the bathroom and opened the bathroom door just a little so that I can watch her reaction.

"Aaahhh I think it's raining here in the room." She squealed and ran around the room. She then touched her face and hair and said "why is the rain water so foamy?"

Listening to her screams, Aria came running in the room and was gazing at Jen.

"What the fuck is going on here? Jen, why are you running around the room not getting done with your shower and not even getting rid of the foam?" She was confused.

"What? I didn't take shower. I was sleeping and someone splashed this foamy water on my face!" Jen said while creasing her forehead.

And then they looked at each other and then their eyes turned towards the bathroom door. I closed the door as soon as I saw them coming towards me. They banged the door and cursed and abused me. Whereas I was taking a nice peaceful shower (okay, not peaceful but I was happy with the revenge).

After the shower, I dried myself and wrapped the towel around me. I kept my hand on the doorknob preparing myself for the wrath of my friends. As I twisted the doorknob and opened the door slowly. I took a look around the room. They were not there in the room. Hmm, strange. I ran to my bed and on my way I felt two pairs of hands pushing me on my bed and spanking me on my butt!

"Oh fuck. Stop both of you. Owww." I begged them to stop.

"This is what happens when you mess with me Sofia." Jen laughed.

And then they stopped. Finally.

"Oww, my butt." I said rubbing my butt.

Aria gave me my clothes and Jen gave me a cream and told me to apply that on my butt. Damn, I have weird friends, don't I?. Like who does this? First they spank you so hard that you almost cry and then they help you get dressed and give you medicines. Wow! Claps for these two bitches.

I applied the cream on my butt and then put on my denim shorts and a pink sleeveless top. I did my usual makeup and left my waves free. We had to be comfortable today for the National Park Safari. We're gonna go to Kruger National Park Safari today. The park consists of wild animals, birds and reptiles. This was my idea as I love adventure and animals.

As I was packing my bag, Jen came out of the shower and got ready. Aria was ready since 2 hours. We packed our bags and were ready to leave. We re-checked the room, grabbed the shampoos, soaps, shower gel, everything. Now please don't start with this. Everybody does this and it's really fun.

The helper took our bags to the car. We had our breakfast in the restaurant which was in the hotel itself. We then went to the reception and checked out. I bid adieu to Michael, the manager and thanked him for the service. And with that, we left the hotel.

We sat in our red Beatle. This time Jen was driving the car. Aria was in the passenger seat and I had the whole backseat to myself. It was a 2 hour drive from our hotel to the National Park. We clicked pictures, recorded videos. Typical girls, I know! We played songs of Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars and of course Drake. How can we forget Drake!

"Jen? Are you afraid of lions?" I asked Jen.

"Uh what? Lions?" She was scared.

"Yes. You gotta tell us now because the National Park is famous for the lions." Aria said.

"No, I..I..I'm not scared."

"Then why are you stammering?" I asked her.

"Look, I know that if the lion attacks, it'll not attack me alone. It'll attack all of us! So I am not that scared." She replied.

"Hmm. When did you get this smart huh? Why don't you use your brain everywhere?" Me and Aria laughed.

"That's because I don't like to show off my intelligence." She smirked.

"Ha! You'll show off when you have brain right?" She pouted at my comment.

"Hey, look at the mountains." Aria pointed to the the beautiful view of mountains on the edge of the drive way. It was magical. It was amazing. I think I'll run out of the adjectives to describe it. The birds chirping above. The clouds fading away in the sky making way for the sunlight. The mountains shining. It was all just beautiful.

I was lost in the beauty of the nature when I heard Jen's voice

"Girls, we've reached"

We then looked at the entrance of the National Park and made our way to the parking lot. The visitors were not allowed to take their own car. The park officials provided the visitors an open jeep so that we can take a full view of the animals around.

We then bought the safari tickets and the officials told us to sit in the cabin. There were 20 cabins and when the cabin has 8 passengers, we would leave for the safari.

While we three were sitting and blabbering about the National Park, a group of 5 boys entered the cabin. They looked like they were in their early 20s. They were talking in French and so I thought they were from France. They all had muscular body.

"Oh my god. How can someone be so hot?" Aria whispered.

"Damn, I need an air conditioner here, I can't handle so much hotness." Jen replied in whisper.

We giggled at her comment and the boys looked at us with smile on their face.

"Salut!" The one who looked like the group leader said looking towards us.

"Salut! Comment allez-vous?" I answered to him. Ariana and Jenifer looked at me confused. I have French as my second language in college.

"Je vais bien. Merci!" He replied.
I just smiled.

"Can you please translate?" Aria said out loud.

"Oh, we're just saying hello." The guy to whom I spoke to said to Aria.

"You speak English?" All three of us said together in shock.

And the guys just laughed at this.

Just then, the guide who was supposed to ride with us came inside the cabin and told us to take seats in the jeep. We all ran to the car and took our seats near the window. I was last and the seat which was left was the one beside the guy I talked to. He gestured me to come and sit beside him. I followed him. We had a nice view from the jeep.

Our drive began and I looked around for any signs of animals with my camera in my hand. It was a huge park. One safari ride usually takes 3 hours minimum.

Jen and Aria were talking as they were sitting together in the front seat. After some 15 minutes, I became restless. I had to see some animal. As it was an open jeep, I stood up and looked around. The guy beside me also stood up. I thought I should do the good deed of starting a conversation. After all, he was hot and French. And the fact that he is French makes him hotter!

"Umm, I'm sorry for the reaction you got back there in the cabin" I bit my lower lip.

"Oh, it's nothing. People usually have that kind of reaction when I speak English." He smiled. "So are you really fond of animals?" He asked.

"Yes, I really am. I just love the sight of seeing them. They are...beautiful!" I replied.

"Uh huh, they are beautiful but just not as much as you are!" He winked. I just blushed at his comment.

"Oh look, there's a lion there near that tree." The guide informed us pointing at the huge tree 20 feet away. I wanted to get a little closer look of the lion but the guide didn't let anyone get down of the jeep. The beauty of the lion was just so intriguing. It just stared at us as we stared at it. I slowly got off the jeep and made an eye contact with the lion. It moved very gracefully.I clicked as many pictures as I could. After some 15 minutes, the lion walked away deep into the park.

The feeling of seeing the lion was just out of this world. The beauty of the nature is something that we all need to cherish. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the French guy's voice

"You were really something else when you saw that lion. The look on your face was worth million dollars."

"Yes. I am fascinated by animals. Hey, I didn't get your name." I said

"It's Lucas. Nice to meet you...umm"

"Sofia. Sofia Anderson. Nice to meet you too!" I smiled. I saw Aria and Jen from the corner of my eyes giving me a wicked smile.

We then continued with our safari. We saw a group of elephants, peacocks, giraffe, zebras, rhinos and many other animals and birds. We and the guys were getting along really well. After 4 hours, we were done with our safari and were back in the cabin. I came out of the cabin and looked at the tress around. Everything here is so pleasing. So attractive. So peaceful. I closed my eyes and felt cold breeze on my face. I recalled every moment I spent in the park today. The moment when I saw the lion and made an eye contact with it. The moments I spent with Lucas. The moments I spent with Aria and Jen. This is what I was craving for.

Just then I felt muscular hands on my waist. I opened my eyes and turned around. It was Lucas.

"Why out here alone?" He asked.

"Nothing. Just recalling today's events and moments." I smiled.

"You know, I've never felt such strong feelings for anyone until I met you today." He looked deep into my eyes.
Before I could say anything to him, I felt his lips on mine and we kissed. I'd heard that French people are really good at kissing. Today I experienced it myself and it was by far the best kiss of my life. We pulled away from each other as we heard our friends howling behind us. My cheeks turned red and I went inside the cabin to pack my things.

"Ooooo looks like someone just had a moment of their life huh?" Aria teased me. I just rolled my eyes.

We then left the park and went to a restaurant nearby. The guys also came along with us for dinner. We had real fun and then they left. Lucas and I exchanged numbers. Me, Jen and Aria also took a drive to hazyview town and checked-in in 'The Renaissance" hotel. We went to our room, freshened up and jumped to our bed. I thought about the kiss with Lucas and a smile automatically crept on my face. And I slept with that thought.

****

A/N
Okay, so this was the longest chapter till now.
How did you like this one?
Leave your reviews in the form of comments and wait up for the next chapter.
Read, vote, comment and enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
79.1K 3.2K 30
Cadence leaves an abusive boyfriend after years of abuse. She wants to find love, true love, can't live without you love! Can she make it through the...
We✔ By Rhea

Teen Fiction

3.6K 493 48
Three best friends An amazing trip That's all it takes for life to be wonderful again. Except there's one question. ....... Three friends. Lily...
6.2K 845 28
🏆Featured on @TeenFiction's "Funny Bones" reading list(06/10/21) 22 days....1 bet.....a vacation getaway. Can you handle the heat? **************** ...