Fix Me | Phan High School AU

By dilswhisk

Dan Howell is your stereotypical popular kid. Phil Lester struggles with depression and lives in an abusive h... More

Under Editing
Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Three and a Half (Filler)
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve (Filler)
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Character/author Q&A
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Q&A Answers
Epilogue
Fanart

Chapter Thirty-Two

1.6K 72 154
By dilswhisk

A/N: I feel like when I write this now I'm doing it more because I love writing rather than because I ship Phan.

WC: 2,059 wow this is long

(Do y'all like having a word count?)

Dan's POV

I had everything planned perfectly for Phil's birthday this Saturday; and although I was looking forward to our dinner date, I was dreading the day after. For it was Sunday that Phil's Mum's plane landed, and we'd find out whether or not Phil would continue living in the same house as us, or rather, the same country.

So it was much to my pleasure and dismay that the week sped by, and suddenly it was Saturday.

"So, what exactly did you mean when you said to dress 'nice"? Phil asked, rummaging through his closet. "Like, 'house party' nice, or 'your strict aunt's wedding' nice?"

I laughed, tossing aside the clothing catalogue I had been absentmindedly thumbing through. "Neither. Try 'semi-casual movie red carpet event.'"

"Huh," Phil mused, "that's specific."

"More specific than 'your strict aunt's wedding?'"

"Touché," The boy muttered, pulling out yet another button-down and holding it up to his torso. "Shouldn't you be getting ready too?"

I shook my head, "I already picked out my outfit. I did that last Friday, actually. It won't take me long to get dressed."

Phil raised an eyebrow. "You're going to leave your hair curly?"

I raised a hand to my fringe, running my fingers through the hair. Sure enough, it was curling at the ends. "Are you fu—" I trailed off, jumping off of Phil's bed and hurrying back to my own room.

"I think it's cute!" Phil yelled from down the hall.

"That makes one of us."

Roughly half an hour later, I was ready to go. I had chosen a simple pair of black skinny jeans, a black button-down, and a black tie. The Only color in my outfit was the swirling metallic gold pattern that crept over the fabric of my—otherwise black—blazer. It was a bold statement, even for me, but I liked it.

"That's a bit flashy," Phil noted, leaning against the doorframe.

I spun around and felt as if the breath had been knocked out of me. Was this the first time I'd seen him in a suit? It sure felt like it. Besides his usual black skinny jeans, Phil was wearing a snug-fitting white button down with a black tie and black blazer. I couldn't help but notice the gold chain of the necklace I gave him peeking out from under his collar. The outfit was simple, yet for some reason I was having trouble breathing.

"You look amazing..." Phil spoke breathlessly, walking towards me.

"I could say the same for you..." I muttered, straightening my tie.

"We should probably get going... Am I driving?"

I nodded. "Yeah, let's go," My mum had been nice enough to lend us her car for the evening.

"We're going now. Be back soon, Mum!" I called as we walked to the front door.

"Wait!" My mum hurried out of the kitchen, camera in hand. "I want some pictures before you leave!"

"Mum!" I groaned loudly.

Phil only laughed, wrapping an arm around my waist and facing the camera. My mom quickly got a few pictures, then sent us on our way. Not without a few rules, of course.

"Be back before eleven!"

"Yes Mum."

"And don't you have anything to drink, understand me?"

"Yes mum."

"And if either one of you aren't comfortable with something the other tries to do, you be sure to let them know—"

"Okay, Mum," I spoke through gritted teeth, my face heating up.

"Alright, Alright," She grinned, patting my on my back. "I wont hold you up anymore."

So finally we were on our way.

Phil's POV

I was trying to keep my eyes on the road, but it was difficult when I could see Dan

staring at me out of the corner of my eye.

Finally, I spoke up. "You're staring."

"Yep." Dan agreed. "Just admiring the view," he spoke smugly.

I blushed, suddenly thankful for the dimness of the car.

A short drive later, I found myself standing in front of a very expensive looking restaurant.

Grabbing my hand, Dan walked me through the front doors which, come to think of it, might have been solid gold.

"Reservation for Howell?" Dan exchanged a few words with the lady at the front desk and she began flipping though her book. I took the opportunity to look in awe around the place. Gold, bedazzled chandeliers hung from the ceiling. Crisp, white tablecloths were draped over wooden tables, a unique flower arrangement on each one. There was even a large fountain in the center of the room. "How much did this cost you?" I muttered into Dan's ear as we were escorted to a table.

"Not too much, actually," Dan shrugged. "I know a guy," He added, noticing my confused expression.

Before I could ask his relations to this guy, we were handed our menus.

"I'm not even sure I know what half of this is..." I muttered, scanning the menu.

"It's not too extravagant, is it?" Dan looked at me nervously. This dinner was clearly a big deal to him.

"No, no! Of course not, darling. It's amazing, actually," I reassured him, looking around at the fancy decorations.

Dan smiled, grabbing my hand over the table. "Good. Now, pick what ever you want, well, that's not like over five hundred pounds or something ridiculous... I don't have that much money..." He added awkwardly.

"Dan, We could be eating a left over box of pizza in your living room and I would love it, don't worry," I gave his hand a tight squeeze.

Dan smiled, clearly pleased with himself, and looked back at the menu.

After ordering, we fell into light conversation.

"I know I've already said it, but happy birthday, Phil," Dan smiled lovingly at me, a look that still made the butterflies in my stomach awaken.

"Thank you," I smiled.

Dan nodded, a nervous look washing over his face. "I um, didn't really know what to get you, but I finally thought of something..." Dan was blushing a deep red, "so I um, hope you like it," Dan muttered, placing a box on the table.

I reached forward and picked it up, noting its light weight. I slid the lid off of it, looking inside. Dan watched nervously as I picked up the CD case, turning it over in my hands.

"The songs that make me think of you" was scrawled across the front in Dan's messy handwriting.

"Dan..." I murmured, looking up at him.

"O-open it."

I looked back down, opening the casing. A piece of paper was taped to the inside cover.

Dear Phil,

I've never been good at expressing my emotions. Not as good as you, at least. So I decided to try talking in a different way. On this CD there are eight songs that all remind me of you for different reasons. I won't write the titles of them ( I want it to be a surprise) but I will write why they made me think of you.

1. Your smile- This song makes me feel happy no matter the type of day I've had.

2. Your eyes- Every time I hear this it has a different meaning to me, the same way your eyes always seem to have a new light in them.

3. Your laugh- I didn't think I'd ever find another sound that made me feel as content as this song did, then I met you.

4. Your touch- As soft and sweet as this melody.

5. Falling asleep next to you- Despite hearing this song over and over again, I never get tired of it.

6. Waking up next to you- The message behind this song is both beautiful and hopeful.

7. Holding your hand- Holding your hands makes me feel like I belong, much like this song does when I'm being an angsty teen.

8. Loving you- After that night I kissed you, this song took on a whole new meaning. It speaks of unconditional love, a concept I never could quite grasp, until you.

Anyway, I hope this wasn't too cheesy. I love you so damn much, Phil. I hope your birthday is as wonderful as my life has been since we met.

Yours truly,

Dan x

I didn't realize I was crying until a tear spattered down onto my hand. "Dan..." I whispered, wiping my eyes with my sleeve. "I-I don't know what to say..."

"It's not too cringy, is it?" Dan asked, biting his lip nervously.

"No! Not at all, I just..." I shook my head, taking his hands in mine. "This is the sweetest thing that I've ever been given."

Dan let out a deep breath, smiling proudly.

"Thank you so much," I laughed, wiping another tear off my cheek.

Both of us feeling happier than we had for quite a while, we pushed thoughts of tomorrow away, instead discussing everything from our favorite subjects to fantasizing about what color scheme our future wedding could have.

"I think black is a great color," Dan spoke thoughtfully, taking a bite of his food.

"Dan," I shook my head in disbelief, "we couldn't have a black wedding!"

"Why not?"

"we would need something cheerier, like gold or blue—"

"Gold?" Dan looked at me as if I were crazy. "How much more extra could you be?"

I scoffed. "Gold is not extra. I think it's a great idea."

"You also thought it would be a great idea to skip class to go get smoothies," He pointed out.

"Oh come on," I rolled my eyes, "You and I both know the detention was worth it..."

Our conversation continued late into the evening, until Dan suddenly realized we should get going.

"Its already almost ten thirty! Mum wanted us back by eleven."

Leaving the best tip we could afford on the table (dinner cost a lot), we hurried out to the car.

"Did I mention how good you look in a suit?" Dan asked. We had arrived back home later than we were supposed to, but luckily for us, Dan's mom had already fallen asleep.

"You might have," I laughed mirthfully, draping my arms around his shoulders. "But it wouldn't hurt to hear it again."

Dan laughed. "You look good in a suit."

"Thank you," I grinned, brushing the hair out of his eyes. I started to lean in for a kiss, but stopped short. "If you're uncomfortable," I began, quoting the words he had said before our first kiss, "then stop me."

Dan rolled his eyes, letting out a soft noise of amusement. "Come here, you," Dan reached up, using my tie to close the distance between us. I dropped my hands down to his sides, pulling him closer as his hands ran through my hair.

My mum was coming tomorrow, and after that, well, I didn't know what the future held for Dan and I. To be honest, as long as we were together, I really didn't give a damn.

I pushed the thoughts of the future out of my head, focusing on the present.

I laughed to myself as I noticed that Dan had to stand on his tip-toes to reach my lips properly. Shorty.

"I love you so much," Dan spoke softly as he pulled away, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I love you too," I whispered into his hair, puling him into a hug.

"Stay with me?" Dan asked. Although we hadn't talked about the issue of what tomorrow would bring, I knew we had both been thinking about it.

"Of course," I brushed the hair out of his eyes. "I'm gonna go get a change of clothes."

"Hurry back," Dan winked.

I rolled my eyes, shoving him away. "Oh, shut up."

Changed into my pajamas, I crawled into bed next to my boyfriend, wrapping an arm around his waist.

"I had fun tonight, thank you," I whispered, pulling him closer to me.

"I did too," Dan muttered, cupping my face, "Though, I always do when I'm with you."

I let out a small laugh, pressing another kiss to his lips.

With my arms wrapped securely around Dan, I had almost fallen asleep when his soft voice spoke up.

"Phil?"

"Mhm?" I intertwined our fingers.

He seemed to hesitate for a moment before continuing. "Don't ever leave me."

I smiled sadly, pulling him closer to me. "Not in a million years."

A/N: There's only like 10ish chapters left ( I think) wowo .

This chapter was like 100% fluff, hope you don't mind

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 12.9K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
137K 3.2K 61
Steve gets a hell of a surprise from Bucky.
670K 24.4K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
4.2K 99 18
A normal night for dan. Computer,computer, phil, and now shower. He wakes up at 3:06am hearing glass breaking. Dan later comes to find out phil got k...