Finding Love Again (Sequel to...

By bebedusoleil

Since Bianca and Charles separated, they haven't seen or even heard of each other but they have been thinking... More

Finding Love Again (Sequel to TCP)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 13

1.9K 115 31
By bebedusoleil

Unedited

** On top is s picture of Anthony **

Chapter 13

Charles POV

I walked into Ashley's apartment. I opened the door to a frantic Ashley and a crying Clara.

"What's wrong?" I asked Ashley. I rushed past her to pick up Clara. Clara seemed to be in pain. Her face was red.

"I don't know she's been crying all day and hasn't eaten. i think there is something wrong with her stomach. It's swelled up even though she didn't eat anything." Ashley ran her fingers through her hair which was a sign that she was frustrated.

"Maybe we should take her to the hospital." I suggested. This wasn't a stomach ache that Clara had. She's never cried for this long.

Ashley rolled her eyes, "No we don't have to take her to the hospital. I'm sure she's fine." Ashley walked towards me and stretched her arms out as a gesture for me to hand her Clara.

"Oh, i'm sorry Ashley. I didn't know you were a doctor. You can't just assume she's alright!" I rocked Clara back and forth and tried to calm her down. There was definitely something wrong with Clara but it was weird that she's never shown any sign of pain before.

"I don't want to take her to a hospital here. Let's at least fly her out to London." Ashley said and went to the fridge. She took out a bottle of milk.

I shook my head. Ashley was so annoying. She's obviously not a good mother if she thinks that's Clara's behavior is normal. "I'm taking her to the emergency room with or without you." I finally said and walked to Ashley's bedroom. I gently placed Clara in her playpen where she continued to cry. Seeing her cry was breaking my heart.

I grabbed the pink diaper bag and began filling it with clothes, diapers, and Clara's shoes. I grabbed my cellphone and dialed my drivers cell and told him to meet me at Ashley's apartment complex.

I hung the diaper bag on my arm and put on Clara's shoes.

Ashley walked up to me and crossed her arms, "Charles, we do not need to take her to a hospital. It will bring us a lot of attention and that's the least thing I want right now-"

I sharply turned to face Ashley, "Is that seriously what you're worried about right now!"

She took a step back and looked shock, "Don't yell-"

"Our daughter is crying and she is in pain, just look at her-" I pointed at Clara, " do you think that is normal. And you are complaining about the press? That really shows how much you love her, you're even more of a shitty mother than I thought you were!"

My face turn to the right as I felt a sharp, stinging sensation on my left cheek. Ashley just slapped me.

I looked at her, she was teary eyed. " Don't you ever, " she pointed her finger at me, "question my love for my daughter. I love Clara to death and you know that."

I took a deep breath and picked up Clara. No matter how angry I was at Ashley, I would never put my hands on her or any women for that matter. I walked to the bedroom door and turned around to look at Ashley.

"Don't you ever put your hands on me again. Or else there will be hell to pay." I spat. I slammed her bedroom door so hard I surprised it didn't fall off the hinges.

I made it downstairs quickly. My driver, Edward, came out to help me put Clara into her car seat.

"Your highness, is she alright?" Edward asked with a concerned expression.

"I hope so... Can you please take us to the nearest emergency room?"

***

Clara was immediately checked in once we reached New York Presbyterian Hospital's Emergency Room. Clara was being checked by the doctors. I have been sitting in the uncomfortable red chairs in the waiting room for an hour.  I texted Ashley and told her where I was.

"Sir?"  I looked up to see a middle aged man calling my name.

"Are you the father of Clara Tomenson?" He asked me as I stood up. I nodded and shook his hand.

"I am Doctor Haas. I have been examining your daughter... your daughter has an umbilical hernia and will be needing an immediate surgery."

Clara has had a hernia when she was a few months old. It was supposed to go away.

"Will she be alright?" I asked instantly.

"She will be just fine after she has the surgery. She would be needing a blood transfusion so would you mind donating blood?"

I shook my head. "Of course not. Do you mind if I call my wife?" I asked and reached for my cellphone.

"Of course, go ahead. Your daughter is in room 114 with a nurse, when you are finished." Doctor Haas smiled and walked away.

Ashley has got to be the dumbest mother alive.

Bianca's POV

"So are we almost finished with Upper East Side Books?" Julia asked me as she drank her coffee.

I sat down at the chair across from her desk and nodded. "Yes, all that's left is the books which are coming in a few days. Then the grand opening of the store is officially on September 1st."

Julia nodded and smiled. "You did an amazing job with this project. I'm very proud of you."

I gave a little smile. I was getting tired of this project. I wanted to continue writing manuscripts and trying to get published. Harper and Co also helped bookstores who wanted to open but that wasn't my passion. I was basically and interior designer for this entire project when all I actually wanted to do is write.

I wasn't ready to ask Julia for that. She would probably laugh in my face if I told her that I wanted to publish a few thousand copies. But I have shown my short stories and poems to my professors and they all loved it. I don't know if Julia would have the same reaction.

"Well, since you've been working pretty hard on this project and since there's really nothing left to do until the books come in, you can help the other coworkers. I think Anthony and Joanne need help with editing a few manuscripts." My ears perked up at the sound of Anthony's name. This would be a great time for me to talk to him and he wouldn't be able to leave.

"I'll go help Anthony." I nodded and left her office.

I walked down the hall and knocked Anthony'd door. "Come in."

I walked in with a smile and I expected to be greeted with one but all I got was a "What do you want?"

I immediately frowned. That kind of hurt my feelings. I wasn't used to not getting any attention from him.

I sat down across from him and picked up a few manuscripts, "Julie said you needed help, so that's what i'm here to do."

Anthony rolled his pretty hazel eyes. He snatched the papers away from me, "I don't need help. Goodbye."

I snatched them back and put it out of his reach. "Come on really? You have at least 20 manuscripts to read. Now stop snatching before you rip it." Anthony didn't reply and he just went back to work. It was silent for about an hour and all we did was read. With my help, we finished pretty quickly.

Anthony gathered all the manuscripts and put them together, "Finally done." He mumbled.

" Excuse you?" Anthony has been ignoring me since and I understood why but he could've at told me thanks.

He looked up at me and went back to gathering all the papers. I sighed, I didn't want to lose my temper. I just wanted my best friend to talk to me, was all.

"Can you stop being so rude?" I asked him. He didn't even acknowledge me and that was the last straw. I hit his hand which made all the papers going flying.

Anthony rubbed his hands on his face, and gave me a look of irritation. He stood up and hit his hand on his desk. "What the hell is your problem?"

"You are. I didn't have to help you so can you show me some appreciation?" I asked crossing my arms on my chest.

"Exactly, I dint ask you. So can you please get the hell out of my office?" Anthony asked quietly as he sat back down on his chair.

I reached across the desk and grabbed his hands, "I'm so sorry for hurting you Anthony. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I care about you so much, you're my only friend. Please don't let my stupid mistake ruin our friendship. Yell at me or don't... But please don't ignore me."

It was always hard for me to get friends. I always had that one friend who I had to make sure I trusted before I told them everything about me. First it was Honey and now it's Anthony.

Anthony hesitated before grabbing my hands. He rolled his eyes and shook his head, "Africans man. I can't resist y'all."

I laughed so hard my stomach began to hurt. He always told me this every time we made up from an argument.

"I could say the same about you babe." I smiled. He raised my hands and kissed them.

HELLO, HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING? GOOD? GOOD. I hope you like this update, I'm definitely going to try to update more for you guys. Have a great day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8M 329K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
3.3M 139K 40
Her presence was once one that enamoured the masses. A beautiful young princess whose destiny seemed to be set in a life of royal balls and princes. ...
544K 9.6K 12
She's oblivious and he's the guy with the girlfriend who likes her. #67 in young adult romance (4-3-23) #2 in drama (7-12-18) #78 in teens (10-22-18)...
32.1M 909K 56
[WINNER OF BEST HISTORICAL FICTION STORY IN THE FICTION AWARDS] There is a story that has been whispered into ear after ear across many countries. It...