The Newlywed Game

By xburningdesire

April was in need of money, if she wanted to finish University. Drew was in need of money, if he wanted his D... More

The Newlywed Game
Lucky Ones (1)
Space Bound (2)
Counting Stars (3)
Nightingale (4)
Faster (5)
Little Bird (6)
As Long As You Love Me (7)
Cold Coffee (8)
Burning Desire (9)
Trouble (10)
Baby I (11)
One Life (12)
Born To Die (13)
A Wake (14)
Prove You Wrong (15)
Fall (16)
Hold Tight (17)
Do I Wanna Know (19)
Kissing In Cars (20)
Without You (21)
Ho Hey (22)
Epilogue

A Thousand Years (18)

6.6K 316 32
By xburningdesire

Chapter 18: A Thousand Years ♡

 ❝I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.❞ - A Thousand Years Part 2. by Christina Peri

⋆⋆⋆

“Same, I had lots of fun,” I agreed. I was sitting awkwardly on the edge of Drew’s couch, unsure of what to do or what to say. It had been awkward since I walked in.

            “How are you feeling?” Drew asked, kindly. I knew he was just trying to make conversation because I sure wasn’t.

            “Good,” I replied, vaguely. “You?”

            “Tired… I didn’t get much sleep last night.” At least I wasn’t the only one. Maybe he misses you, I small voice in the back of my mind told me excitedly.

            “Me either,” I confessed. “The bed… it felt empty.” I blushed at my sudden forwardness.

Drew lay down on his couch and opened his arms. “Come here.”

“What?” I asked, quickly.

“Come and lie down with me for a little while.” My eyes widened. “Come on, please, just for a little while.” I don’t know how long I lay with Drew on his small couch. His arms were wrapped around me and he felt like home. I fell asleep and once I woke up, I regretted that I didn’t make the most of lying down with Drew. Drew was asleep. I tried to shrug his arm off of me but that just woke Drew up. He gave me a tired smile and tightened his arms around me.

            He carefully moved his face closer to mine and placed his lips gently on mine. This was real. There were no cameras, nobody watching, it was just Drew and I and that feeling was indescribable. No string of words would ever be able to describe how incredible it felt.

            Stupidly I got up off of the couch and Drew did the same. “I need to go… bathroom.”

            Drew sighed. “Please don’t avoid me, please just talk to me.” I looked down. “April…” He paused. “I like you, okay? No, screw that. I love you. I’m not even sure if it’s possible to fall in love this quickly but I love you, call me crazy but I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Drew carefully wrapped his arms around me.

            “What?” I croaked.

 “I love you,” he murmured into my ear. “I love you so much it hurts. I love how you can’t watch a movie without crying, I love how you think everything has feelings, I love your eyes, I love the way you blush, I love the way you kiss me, I love the way you look at me. I love every single thing about you, I love every single one of your flaws and I’m never going to stop.”

            I kissed Drew. I kissed him with all I had. I tangled my hands into his hair. We pulled away from each other breathless. Drew put his forehead gently against mine. “I love you,” I said, gently.

            “Good,” he muttered and kissed me again. It didn’t take long for us to be cuddling on Drew’s bed, clothes thrown to the side in the mist of things. I wanted so badly to stay in bed with Drew for forever but I couldn’t.

            “I have to go,” I murmured. “Elliot’s waiting for me.” Drew tightened his arms around my bare waist.

            “Stay.”

            “I want to.”

            “So stay.”

            I laughed. “I’ll see you tomorrow, yeah?” Drew kissed my forehead, nodding. I blushed as I got off of the bed and looked around to get my clothes. I placed my panties and pants on and covered my breasts with my hands. Drew rolled his eyes. “Where’s my bra?”

            He shrugged and with my arms still covering myself, I walked out of the bedroom to find my bra. Someone knocked on the door and I quickly slipped my top over my head. “Who is it?” I asked as Drew walked to the door and groaned.

            “Nathan, Sammy and Dylan.” I wondered how this would work. Nathan and Sammy thought that we were married. Drew opened the door and immediately Sammy wrapped her arms around him, obviously excited to see him. She then walked over to me and gave me a huge hug.

            “Did we interrupt something?” Dylan raised his eyebrow.

            Drew answered, ‘Yes’ just as I answered ‘No’. I rolled my eyes and Drew flung his arm around. This felt nice. This felt real.

            “Where’s your ring, April?” Nathan questioned me, accusingly. I looked at Drew.

            “It’s at my friends house, I went over earlier today and helped her clean some cupboards because she’s moving,” I lied, smoothly. It sounded like a load of bullshit. Why on earth would I be helping a friend clean the morning after I got off of The Newlywed Game? “That’s where I’m going right now, actually.”

            “Well we’ll be here when you get back,” Sammy smiled.

Drew walked me out and to my car. I sighed. “What are we going to do?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “We can’t just keep pretending we’re married! And we can’t pretend we got a divorce because that would mean we never see each other!” I wasn’t ready to lose Drew.

            “I know, I know. We’ll talk about it tomorrow, how ‘bout I take you out on a date?”

            I grinned. “I’d like that.”

            Drew kissed me. “I’ll see you in a little bit. You can bring Elliot if you’d like?”

            “Wait what?”

            “You’re my wife and my friends are all over to eat pizza and watch movies, what are they going to think if you’re not home?”

            “So what, you wouldn’t want me over if I wasn’t your ‘wife’?”

            Drew brought me close to him and seductively, in my ear whispered, “I’d still want you there but I wouldn’t want them there.” I blushed and got into my car. I drove to my apartment first and got my ring, slipping it onto my finger and then I drove to Elliot’s. I let myself in because recklessly, she had left her door unlocked.

            “You should really lock your door,” I said loudly.

            “Who’s that?” I heard a manly voice say. I was sure it wasn’t Elliot or any female for that matter.

Elliot walked out of her room in an oversized t-shirt. “April! Shit, I forgot you were coming!” A man staggered out of her room, doing up the buttons on his pants. “Uhm, April, this is George. George, this is my best friend April.”

            “Hey, you’re from that TV show!”

            I ignored him. “Is this your boyfriend?”

            “My friend…” Elliot’s voice trailed off.

            George must’ve sensed that I wanted him to leave so I could talk with Elliot. Not only about Drew but also about this strange man with long hair in Elliot’s apartment. “I should go.”

            Elliot carelessly took his t-shirt off and was standing in front of us both butt naked. I was used to Elliot being naked, all the time and from the looks of things, George was too. George left and Elliot put some clothes on.

            “Do you want to explain to me what just happened?”

            “George and I… we’re just friends.”

            “We’re friends and you don’t seem to be having sex with me.”

            “We’re friends with benefit, I guess. We’re not official and we don’t go on dates and we don’t kiss when we see each other outside. I met him after you went into The Newlywed Game. We tried to date, we really did but it just didn’t work out and we both decided it’d be better this way.”

            “Wow,” was all I could say. “Well I’m sorry I interrupted.”

            “Don’t be! Sisters before misters.” Elliot winked. “Now tell me what happened with Drew.” I opened my mouth to speak but Elliot continued. “Wait, don’t tell me you didn’t go because you got scared.”

            “I went and everything went really well. He’s taking me on a date tomorrow night.” I watched Elliot’s jaw drop.

            “Excuse me?”

            “He loves me,” I grinned. Elliot started jumping up and done, clapping.

            “That’s so great! Is that why you’re wearing the ring again?” She nodded down to my finger. “Yesterday, it was lying on your kitchen floor.”

            “I’m going back to his apartment afterwards to eat dinner with his friends so I kind of have to. You’re invited, so you have no choice but to come.” Elliot walked into the kitchen and got out a mug.

            “Do you want a coffee?”

            “Yes please.” We spoke for a little while before Elliot started getting ready to go to Drew’s. “Relax, no one specials going to be there,” I laughed as she started applying make-up heavily.

            “What if one of his hot friends is there?”

            “What about George?”

            “We’re allowed to see other people,” She smiled, weakly.

            “So you’d be okay if George went out and went on a date with someone else?” I asked, smirking.

            “Of course I wouldn’t!” She sighed. “It’s complicated.”   

            “You’re making it complicated,” I retorted.

            “Whatever.”

            Elliot and I got into my car and I drove her to Drew’s apartment. I was praying Scott wasn’t there. I couldn’t be bothered dealing with him today. I knocked on the door. Everything about our marriage probably looked so fake – mostly because it was.

            “Who is that?” I heard Scout loudly ask. Scout opened the door and greeted me with a fake smile. What was his problem? I had no idea. “You’re married, live together but don’t have keys?”

            “Babe, you forgot your keys here!” Drew said, loudly coming into my view. He smiled at me and walked over to me. He kissed my cheek. “He’s on to us,” he whispered into my ear.

            “It’s going to be fine,” I said not worrying about Scout listening. He didn’t know what we were talking about anyway.   

            “I know.” Drew kissed Elliot’s cheek. “Hey! How’s it going? I didn’t get to speak to you properly yesterday.”

            “Mhm, I know and I have to talk to you.” I groaned, knowing exactly where this was going. “Who are you?” She asked Scout, abruptly.

            “What’s it to you?” Elliot ignored him and walked into Drew’s apartment, greeting his friends.

Heather gave me a huge hug. “You look great!”

I laughed, awkwardly. “Thank you.”

            She continued, “And you looked so good on TV! Both of you did. You looked adorable but I’m still pissed off that Drew kept you hidden.” We ordered pizza soon after. Sammy and Elliot seemed to be getting on pretty well. Scout was being a jerk but I didn’t think that would change.

            Dylan turned on the TV so he could put a movie on and The Newlywed Game was on. Jennifer was on the screen in her room with Jacob. “I miss April,” She yawned. “It’s not the same without her.”

            Jacob laughed. “It’s because you don’t get along with anyone else.”     

            “To be honest, I’d rather we went home than them. I know it’s a game and all but I’ve never met people like April and Drew.” I felt like crying. I was staring at the TV screen with wide eyes. A flash of Jennifer and I’s friendship came onto the screen and my eyes watered. I blinked away my tears.

            “I miss them,” I told Drew, sadly. “I even miss Violet.”

            “I don’t,” he laughed. I rolled my eyes and put my head on his shoulder as Dylan put a movie in.

            Half way through the movie, I looked around the room. Elliot was sitting on the one of the couches with Sammy and Dylan. I was lying with my head on Drew’s legs. Scout, Nathan and Heather were sprawled across the floor, pillows thrown carelessly. I could really get used to this, I thought.

~

Hey! I'm sorry it took me so long to get this chapter up but last week, I uploaded the prologue to my story, I Met Him On Tumblr which is a spin-off for I Met Him On Omegle. I'll be finishing this story off before I start that one.

Leave me a comment? :)

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 1K 94
"I'm not the dating type. I don't want you falling for me if I can't catch you." He said to me with sad glistening eyes. I ached for him. I needed hi...
25.2K 395 25
Living in a house with 3 older brothers isn't attractive at all, especially when they are protective. Add a Guardian angel and things get even more c...
213 0 43
''Do you really think,'' he whispers so softly in my ear I can't even breathe, ''that I wouldn't be able to get you if I wanted to?'' I freeze, afrai...
254K 10.2K 43
"You signed me up for what?" I shrieked at her. My best friend, who had volunteered me to test a new game that she wanted to make videos out of. A ga...