Every Little Reason | BTS

By crystaellized

After four years, the international superstar-Bangtan Boys-landed in the roots of United States after getting... More

Foreword
1 | Reset (起)
2 | Vodka and Her
3 | Magnetized
4 | Chance Encounter
5 | Awakened Sparks
6 | Kismet
7 | The Symbol of Our Love
8 | Yoongi's Endeavor
9 | Jungkook's Endeavor
10 | Jimin's Endeavor
11 | Hoseok's Endeavor
12 | Namjoon's Endeavor
13 | Seokjin's Endeavor
14 | Taehyung's Endeavor
15 | Painful Breakup
16 | New Spring (承)
17 | Locked
18 | Secret Gift
19 | Clandestine Love
20 | Colorful Sentiment
21 | Soft Hearts
22 | The Bitter Pill
23 | The Miracle of Her
24 | Addiction
25 | Pieces of Him
26 | Blooming Heart
27 | Shade of Dreams
28 | Detente with Jungkook
29 | Harmonizing with Jimin
30 | Kiss and Make up with Yoongi
31 | The Warmth of Family (转)
32 | Strike A Familiar Note
33 | Two Worlds Collide
34 | The Missing Pieces
35 | The Truth Untold
36 | Kiss You Goodbye
37 | Sweet Nostalgia
38 | Red Letters
39 | Keeping Promise
40 | Tranquility (结)

41 | Propose Day

957 72 31
By crystaellized

"Um... Jinhee, I need a red suit."

I was fixing on Jimin's belt when I saw Taehyung approaching me in an odd stance, it was like he was guilty of something. It was one hour before the Bang Bang Con live, and Taehyung making an unexpected request at this hour didn't help with my nerves at all.

"As you can see, I'm pretty much preoccupied here, Tae. Ask someone else to help you out with that," I said, now focusing on fixing a checkered jacket on Jimin.

I noticed a smirk tucked on the side of Jimin's lips for a brief second before Taehyung let out a frustrated groan.

"I have! I went to Haejong noona but she didn't even spare me a glance. While Micha completely ignores me." He whined out and pouted like a little kid in front of me.

"Well, probably that's because according to the setlist, the first song is Dope, and your stage outfit is definitely not a red suit," I explained calmly to him with a thin smile. "Is there something on my face?" I asked Jimin because he was laughing internally right now, and it's creeping me out.

"No, nothing." Jimin waved his hands off and showed his eye-smile at me.

"Okay, you are done," I said, patting his shoulder.

"Yes, ma'am!" Jimin saluted me playfully before he darted off to the door. I eyed him askance, but it didn't last long when Taehyung blocked my view.

"Next, me! A red suit, please." I rolled my eyes when he kept insisting on the outfit of his choice.

"I can't give you that, Tae. Or else the color won't match with the others." I crossed my arms and gave him a firm look.

"I'm not going to wear it during the live show," he said, pleading me with his puppy eyes. "You can give me both, the red suit and my stage outfit. I promise I won't cause you any trouble."

"Are you sure?" I frowned at him. After seeing Jimin grinning like a Cheshire cat a minute ago, for some reason, I kinda knew they were up to something no good.

"Promise!" He took out my pinky finger and intertwined them with his by himself. Then, he showed me his rectangle smile, and at that moment, I knew I didn't have a choice but to cave in to his request.

"Okay... Wait here." I sighed in defeat and went into the wardrobe room to take out his stage outfit. Then, I picked out a button-down white shirt, a red blazer, and red pants.

"Is this fine with you?"

His brown eyes scrutinized the outfit before he let out a smile. "It's perfect."

"Good."

I was about to start helping Namjoon with his outfit when Taehyung held my wrist, stopping me from walking away.

"Jinhee-ah, I've been meaning to ask you something," he said, his voice suddenly turning serious, so I looked up at him in wonder.

He checked the door, looking nervous even though no one was looking our way.

"What is it?" I asked gently.

Taehyung finally faced me and held onto both of my shoulders, he licked his bottom lips a few times before his gaze landed on me, and this made me shrink back a little. He's too close.

"Why didn't you erase the tattoo?"

Upon hearing his inquiry, I just blinked in surprise as I didn't expect him to question about the ink that represented our love for each other. I remembered back in New York when I lied to him that I had removed the tattoo. Was he mad about that? Judging by the way he looked right now, he seemed like he's searching for something in my eyes.

"I couldn't," I said, shaking my head. "Whenever I see your initials on my shoulder, for some reason, it sets off a big wave in my heart. I felt like the tattoo has a meaning in my life." Ever so slowly, I smiled at him and looked him deeply in the eye. "And in the end, you proved me right."

I could see the surprise flickered in his eyes. From being so intense, Taehyung dropped his head in relief. And before I could say anything, he engulfed me in a hug. His muscles feathered against me.

"Tae, what's wrong?" I returned his hug and patted his back. I thought he was just trying to tease me, but the way he's acting right now, I didn't have any words for it. He looked so fragile as he buried his face in my neck.

Did he have a weird dream again? I wondered. He once had a dream about me going out on a date with a blonde guy, and he ended up dyeing his hair blonde. I hope the red suit didn't have anything to do with his nightmare.

"I'll see you soon," he said, kissing me on the cheek and leaving the room in a hurry. I stood there, feeling puzzled more than ever. See me soon?

For the next twenty minutes, I decided to shake the curiosity away and diligently worked against the clock, prepping Namjoon and Hoseok with their stage outfit before the time ran out. Occasionally, I also noticed the two boys kept exchanging glances with secretive smiles.

"Today will be a big day." Namjoon rubbed his palms together and looked at me through the mirror, his smile deepened, showing his dimples.

"Sure it is. I'm sure you guys will do great for the concert," I said, didn't ponder much on it, and smiled at both of them. Once again, they nodded and laughed.

"Jinhee, Seonghyun is asking you to fix Taehyung's outfit. Hurry!" Haejong unnie suddenly called for me, the frown in her expression alarmed me.

"What?" My eyes widened in panic, and I looked at the time. Fifteen minutes before their concert began.

It was by instinct, I quickly turned on my heel and ran towards the stage. Adrenaline rushed through my body as I could feel a sensation of increased strength. I knew it. I knew he's going to cause some trouble. Aish!

Before I could push aside the stage curtain, I was taken by surprise when a stagehand came over to mic me, thread it under my red cardigan, and clipped the receiver to the back of my white jeans.

"W-wait, you are mistaken! I don't need these–"

My sentence was cut off because the stagehand slightly gave me a push, and I stumbled forward and found myself standing on the stage. Everything was dark, I couldn't see anything.

"T-taehyung, where are you?" Just when I carefully took a step forward, a spotlight shone on me, making me squint my eyes in response.

When my vision was finally able to adjust to the light, my mouth fell open wordlessly when I saw there was a pathway decorated with roses and candles on the stage. It took me a moment to process my surroundings until I saw another spotlight at the end of the pathway. All I could hear was the hard pounding of my heart when I realized Taehyung was standing under the light, wearing the red suit that I handed to him a moment ago.

"T-taehyung? What's all this?" I was in a daze as I followed the trail of roses and candles that was leading me toward the good-looking man in a red suit.

"Jinhee-ah, I've been waiting so long for this moment," he said over the microphone, which seemed to echo his deep voice throughout the entire stage, "I've imagined this many times in my mind, and I've been dreaming about it . . ."

Step. Step. Step.

He gracefully threaded his way toward me, and I couldn't focus on anything other than him. My heart was racing out of control and it's difficult to look him in the eye.

"And now that you're in front of me, like a miracle, I want to make it happen." He took my hand and stepped closer—so close my bones were jittery.

He then slid a hand into his pocket and pulled out a small, red velvety box. When he opened it, a diamond ring was revealed—and it sparkled like galaxy caught in every facet of it.

"Kim Jinhee, will you marry me?" Taehyung finally proposed, getting down on one knee.

I was utterly stunned, my breath caught in my throat. "T-taehyung... I-I'm..." I cupped my mouth, completely at a loss of words.

"Wait, Taehyung. We won't hand her over that easily." A voice that I truly recognised appeared on the stage, and when I looked to my right, I saw Hoseok walking towards us with an unusual serious look.

"Yeah. You can be a jerk sometimes," said Yoongi with a lazy smirk.

"Look at who's talking!" Taehyung exclaimed, turning defensive when the rest of the members tried to ruin the most important event in his life.

"Hyung, you always get angry so easily," said Jungkook, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Always pouty," Jin added and snickered.

Taehyung groaned, throwing his head back in misery. "Fine. I promise I'll control my emotions. Now, can you guys move over? I need to get my wife."

"And have more patience," Jimin warned, causing Taehyung to roll his eyes.

"Shut up, Jimin."

Taehyung managed to push past the boys before he stood in front of me again, and he snapped his finger, as though cueing on something. And suddenly, the room was blasted with Cypher 3:Killer.

"What? I didn't request this. Namjoon hyung, I specifically said to play our song 'Beautiful'." Taehyung furrowed his brows in confusion as he threw a look at Namjoon.

"It's a gift from us for the soon-to-be newlyweds. Just the perfect blend of mess." Namjoon drawled out, a mischievous smile crept on his lips.

And as soon as Namjoon said that, only I noticed it was a different version. Instead of Namjoon's rapping, I heard Taehyung's, and he rapped his heart out like he was struggling for every ounce of air. And then, there was my voice . . . I was so far offbeat and there was a gasp, like a fish out from the water. Namjoon must have taken the recording back from New York.

As the song played in the background, Namjoon, Jin, and Hoseok were throwing a huge laughing fit at our rapping, Yoongi looked like he was so done with his life, while Jimin and Jungkook walked around the stage, giving out 'something' to the staff from this red pouch that they had secured around their waist.

I narrowed my eyes to that particular 'something' and I almost dropped my jaw at seeing the item. Earplugs.

"For our staff's safety, please wear these earplugs and protect your soul from the sinful rapping," Jimin announced out while laughing and clapping his hands like a retarded seal.

Taehyung and I were left dumbfounded on the stage. We watched as some of the staff also exploded in laughter, especially Micha seeming like she's having the best time of her life.

"3 dollars! 3 dollars!" Jungkook waved the earplugs in the air, his face crinkled up because he was laughing so hard, and when he couldn't handle it, he finally rolled on the ground, wiping off his happy tears, and continued laughing.

They are so unbelievable.

"Wow, I didn't know you suck so much at rapping, Tae."

"Same goes for you. That's a hella talent you got there."

I glared at Taehyung, knowing that he was mocking me, but then he was also glaring back at me for being so direct.

But the intensity of his eyes slowly turned into a warm one, his rosy lips tugged upwards into a meaningful smile. "But then, maybe that's why we are perfect for each other."

I slowly smiled at him. "I love you, and yes, I'll marry you."

"I love you too, baby girl." Taehyung kissed my hand, and he gently slid the ring into my finger. My heart bloomed when the ring fit just right.

"Guys, she said yes! Woohoo!" Taehyung cheered heartily, and along with that, everyone applauded and whistled at us on the stage.

"I believe we have some people who need to get smacked, maybe we'll start with the leader. Shall we, my fiancé?" A thin, dangerous smile stamped on my face, and Taehyung followed after.

"Very gladly, my fiancée."

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it too.

Nope, this is not all.

When there's Propose day, there is ___ day.

Thank you for reading, lovelies
🌹

Much love,
ℓynie

»»———— ♡ ————««

T E A S E R

Taehyung's gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 8.6K 29
The cliché story about a new girl coming to school. That's what you were expecting. Everybody ignoring you because you don't care much for appearance...
227K 11.6K 14
❝ Some people can control their destiny while some can't ❞ Those soft lips perfectly fit mine and the sync with which they moved against mine was per...
180K 5.3K 20
Y/n, also knows as the 'ridiculously stunning foreigner' who moved to Daegu with her younger brother and her parents because of their parents work th...
48.4K 2.2K 20
"Tell me Jimin, do you ever kiss Taehyung?" "We kiss all the time." Jimin cleard his throat, then added, "We just...do it in private." A smug express...