Chasing December (#wattyaward...

By lalamusicisme

There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze
Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs
Chapter 4: We Can Make Our Own Later
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?
Chapter 6: I Drool Looking At You With Clothes On
Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons
Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask
Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion
Chapter 10: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic
Chapter 12: You Like Watching Me Sleep Or Something?
Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry
Chapter 14: Like In The Movies
Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People
Chapter 16: Ranger Toto
Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code
Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies
Chapter 19: You Want To Touch It Then Be My Guest
Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me
Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara
Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red
Chapter 23: Create A Nudist Colony
Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering
Chapter 25: My Birthday Suit For Your Birthday
Chapter 26: I'm Not Getting Naked
Chapter 27: Where Do Babies Come From?
Chapter 28: You Were From Two Different Worlds
Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations
Chapter 30: Never Ending Game Of Tug-O-War
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child
Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out
Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day
Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now
Chapter 35: I'm the Bunny & I Hurt the Snake
Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay
Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel
Chapter 38: I Got You December
Epilogue
Deleted Scenes/Drafts/Songs/Extras

Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have to Take Some Eyes Out

140K 3K 698
By lalamusicisme

This chapter is dedicated to anna31899 for the lovely banners off the the side! Thank you. And a pic of the beach/outside theater/movie setup Slideshow is in 3 second increments.

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE! Happy Valentine's Day

Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have To Take Some Eyes Out or I Thought You Came To Screw The Nerd?

"Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway- by Unkown"

December’s Pov.

I sat in my bed for a couple of hours after Hunter had left and now the clock read 8:00 pm. I didn’t know when Hunter was coming so I decided to take a nap. I didn’t even know why I was willing to go with him. He was bad news; his aura screamed it. But something in me wanted a little freedom, variety; a life.

Though I hate to admit it, Hunter was right. My life was boring, mindless, and repetitive. I would never tell Hunter or my Uncle but I was going to allow Hunter to talk to me. I had a strong mind; I wasn’t going to let him make me do anything I didn’t want to. I don’t even know why my Uncle worried so much.

To keep my word to myself, to not get too close to Hunter, I would keep telling him to leave me alone. And when he finally does, then I’ll just go on with my normal life and so will he. He’ll see how boring I am and want nothing to do with me.

I woke up at about 10:00 pm because of someone knocking on the door. Even though I was 17 for some reason being at home alone at night still spooked me. I crept down the stairs with a bottle of Lysol in hand just in case I had to take some eyes out, and peeked through the door hole. I saw Hunter outside shaking a bit. I immediately opened the door and kept the Lysol down.

“Hey Cember, what took you so long? It’s kind of cold out there." He brought the couple of bags he had in his hands inside with him and assessed the place.

“Hunter do you know what time it is?” I stressed, and crossed my arms over my chest. “What are you doing here? What if my parents came to the door instead of me?”

His hazel eyes danced with amusement and he smiled at me “Don’t worry so much. For one, I know your parents are gone; otherwise you wouldn’t have let me walk you all the way to your house. And for two, I had things to take care of, I told you I’d be here and I’m here. Sorry I’m late for our date.”

The way he spoke about having other things to do worried me because his eyes darkened a bit. I didn’t know what that meant or if it was good or bad, but I wasn’t going to ask. Either I found out because he told me, or not at all. I didn’t really care anyway.

“This is not a date Hunter!” I exclaimed but took a glance at the bags “What did you bring?”

“Oh so now you want to know July? Well I brought some snacks and stuff. I was going to take you to a party but I figured that it’d be too fast for you specially seeing that you’re a little weird.” He shrugged off his black leather jacket and shoes and held them in his hand. I rolled my eyes and walked away, heading to my room.

Once I was in there Hunter put his shoes down by my closet and his jacket he threw on my desk. He sat down in my plush blue bean bag and looked at me.

“So what do you do when you at home And is that Lysol in your hand? What were you planing on doing with that?” He asked analyzing my room. And to be honest I kind of wish I would have cleaned up more.

“I read on my windowsill and taking a couple of eyes out” Was my short reply as I got back on to my bed and lay down.

He gave me an odd look but continued. “Well that’s pretty boring. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?” I had a feeling where this was going but I still managed to walk myself into a trap.

“No, I haven’t. I’m pretty scared of them and they’re death traps.” I replied looking through my window at the tree.

“Well instead of staying here, we can do that another day. We’re going to take you for your first ride.” He jumped up out of the chair and grabbed my arm hauling me up. He slipped his jacket back on and forced shoes on me.

“You didn’t park your bike near my house did you? If my Uncle caught you over here he’d have a fit; he’d probably have a heart attack.” I tried to persuade him not to take me but he was practically dragging me, and my feet were sliding across the floor.

“No worries, I didn’t. We’re just going to walk to my house and go get it.” He didn’t say anything else but he kept a strong grip on my arms. Not enough to hurt but enough to keep me moving. After walking for about 10 more minutes we finally made it to the house that I guess belonged to Hunter.

The house looked similar to mine from the outside but something about it screamed ‘Home’. Maybe it was the flowers outside or the two cars parked in the driveway; but something seemed loving there.

My parents loved me and I had a good relationship with them, but we could be closer. It probably was because they were gone a lot, seeing as they were working for the communications division for Colton Industries. They offered to take me with them and I get homeschooled but I didn’t want to be uprooted. Sometimes I felt I should have taken their offer, but it was just another way for me to be lonely.

Hunter’s bike was old, that much I could tell. It was all black with just a pinch of silver or chrome here and there. Hunter had two helmets on the bike and took them off.

“Did you already assume that we would be riding your bike?” I asked tapping my foot across the ground in a scolding manner, but really I was trying to buy time. I didn’t want to ride that contraption because I felt as if I’d roll off the back in mid-traffic.

Hunter passed me a helmet and slung one of his legs over the bike and patted the back for me to hop on. He slid the helmet over his head and pushed up the shade. “Come on Cember, just get on and hold on tight. There’s no way you’ll fall if you follow those instructions.”

“Easy for you to say you’re on the front and you’ve done this before.” I mumbled before I shuffled over to the bike. I swung my leg over the back like I saw Hunter do previously and put my hands on his shoulders.

I felt him sigh and he grabbed my hands and forced them to wrap around his waist. “I—don’t think I should be—” Hunter cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

“If you don’t want to fall, I advise you to hold right there and tighter. I’m not trying to seduce you at the moment. Scouts honor.” He saluted me with a goofy smile and I struggled not to smile back at him.

“You better not! Let’s do this. Oh and in advance if I throw up on you, I’m sorry.” I gulped down the baby barf of nervousness and closed my eyes.

“It’s better for the enjoyment if you open your eyes. I’ll try not to scare you too much this time.” He smirked pulling down the tinted shade in front of his eyes. I slide my helmet on and slid down the shade as well.

Hunter shoved in the key and the engine roared to life. This made my anxiety actually come alive and I gripped onto Hunter as much as I could. I felt his body rumble telling me that he was laughing at me. But at this point I didn’t care. I was actually on a motorcycle. I was on a motorcycle with someone I never thought I’d be with in life. If my Uncle caught me I’d be so dead, especially if he decided to check on me. I figured he wouldn’t since it was late though, so I think we’d be fine.

Hunter finally lifted his feet off the ground and took off. He didn’t fly as reckless as I remember seeing; he actually took it slower with me. The only thing he did to scare me was when he weaved through traffic. I swear I thought that we were going to get hit by a huge semi truck or car about six times, until he reached his destination.

We weaved through the traffic of downtown Los Angeles, and I was amazed of how more beautiful the city looked on a motorcycle. The huge city lights, the stores and restaurants, the lovers, strangers, and friends walking down the sidewalks; the nightlife in general.

I didn’t know where he was taking me, or where all this trust I had for him had come from, but something in my gut was telling me to just go with the flow.

When he finally pulled to a stop we were in another neighborhood, the houses again looked similar to ours. He slowly pulled into the driveway and stopped.

I slid the helmet off my head and scratched my hair a bit to get the helmet hair look away. “Where are we?” I asked not noticing that I was still holding on to Hunter tightly.

“You can let go, July.” Hunter chuckled and I released so fast that I fell off the back of the bike onto my butt on the concrete. Hunter hurriedly put the bike on the stand and hopped off to help me up. “You okay?” He asked bending down to my eyelevel looking worried.

“I’m fine, I’m fine” I told him wiping any trace of dirt off my butt from the fall. He pulled me closer and inspected my backside. I hit his arm, “Stop looking at my butt you pervert!”

He gave me a sheepish smile and raised his eyebrows suggestively. “Hey, I can’t help but look at what’s there. But this is Tristan’s house; we’re going to go chill with him for a bit.”

We walked up to the door and knocked, Tristan came to the door rubbing his eyes, disheveled, and shirtless. When he finally opened his eyes he analyzed me, and then looked at his best friend with questioning eyes. He stepped back and opened the door wider, letting us in. All this was done without even single word from Tristan. He kept walking back and Hunter shut the door behind us and followed him to what I assumed was his room.

The room was dark blue and had a window like mine except he was on the lower level of the house. He had a flat screen TV with a whole bunch of game consoles by it, clothes haphazardly hanging out of the basket next to that, and a closet. His bed was a regular sized queen bed and he was now lying on it.

“You two can use the guest room if that’s what you’re here for. There's condoms in the drawer, dont want a little accident.” He said rolling his eyes and rolling over to go back to sleep. His floppy blond hair flipped back over his eyes and I could almost hear his snores; he sure was a fast sleeper. My eyes were wide open and my jaw was ajar.

I looked at Hunter and he picked up a book from the floor, felt how light it was, and justified it soft enough and chucked it at his sleeping friend. “Get the fuck up!”

“OW! What the fuck man? I thought you came here to screw the nerd? What do you want?” He flipped his hair out of his face and looked at me. I was standing in the corner awkward. I wanted to say something about his remark about Hunter and I. Because never would I sleep with Hunter and I definitely wouldn’t come here out of all the places to go.

“We came here because I’m trying to show her how to have fun. I didn’t come here to do her yet.” He shot me a smile at his last sentence. Although I was embarrassed it wasn’t enough to get me not to say anything that time.

“For the last time, I’m not going to sleep with you Hunter!” I forced out while under the scrutinizing eye of Tristan.

“Whatever you say, Cember.” He said my name in such a seductive whisper that I shuddered a bit.

“What’s your deal with this one, man?” Tristan asked, and from that point I could see that Tristan was brutally honest. I was offended a bit, but I didn’t say anything because I guess it was true. I wondered about Hunter’s answer too, because why me out of every girl he could have bothered.

“I’ll tell you later. But come on man, I need to borrow the jeep to go pick up Ana. Then we can head to the beach.” I wondered how even knew Ana’s name but I didn’t say much because Tristan studied me for several minutes before getting up and throwing on a shirt. “Dude, are you going to examine a hole in her or come on. We don’t have all day.”

“I’m getting out of my bed, that felt like heaven to come with you and you’re quiet girlfriend on a stupid adventure. Shut up, while I get the sleep out of my system at least.” He mumbled almost missing the key rack where the keys were at. “You drive,” he tossed the keys at Hunter who caught them effortlessly.

Hunter beamed a smile my way, “Don’t worry about him, he’s very grumpy when you wake him up. Once he’s up he’s much friendlier, trust me.” I don’t know why I did.

Though I heard all the rumors about Hunter, there was something about him that made you want to trust him. He was just that type; he had those vibes about him that just made you give into him.

Now here I was at my best friend’s house at 11:00 at night calling her phone to get her to wake up.

“Hello?” She answered sleepily.

“Put on some regular clothes and come outside please?” I practically begged.

“December? What’s going on?” She asked, starting to wake up.

“Just come on.” I told her and hung up. About five minutes her door opened and she walked out. She looked at the car that had Hunter and Tristan leaning against it.

“December, what’s going on?” She repeated taking nervous glances at the two boys who were no longer having a conversation but now staring at us.

“Hey, March you might want to tell your friend to get a grip, she looks like she’s going to pass out any second.” Hunter walked over and held his hand out to her. “Hey, I’m Hunter,” he introduced and Ana just looked at his hand. “Or not” he retracted his hand and looked back at me.

“Come on Ana. They’re taking us to have some fun at the beach?” I said it in question because the ‘fun’ part I wasn’t so sure of.

She walked silently with me and got into the back with Tristan. She sat so far off the edge that if someone were to open the door she’d spill right out onto the floor.

I got in the front next to Hunter who started up the car. I peeked back at her “Calm down Ana, it’s not like he’s going to do anything to you.”

“How do you know, December? You don’t know them and neither do I? When did you become all buddy-buddy with them?” This was one of the few rare times that Ana was loud and assertive; when she was scared.

“You trust me right?” She shook her head, “Then show it, I’m not going to put you into any danger. I swear.” I replied shaking my head and looking back at Hunter.

“Didn’t your Uncle warn you specifically about him? Like seriously out of all the boys to run off with, it had to be him?” She asked warming up a bit more.

“Yes, but did he ever give us a real reason not to? Besides this won’t be often, Hunter will get bored and leave me alone.” I shrugged and turned around in my seat.

“You do know we’re right here right? We can hear you.” Tristan voiced still a little grumpy at being woken up.

No one answered him and we drove in silence, the only thing that could be heard was the soft music of The Downtown Fiction playing in the background.

Halfway to the beach Hunter started playing 20 questions with me, and I played back; he even got me to giggle at some of his answers. When he pulled up the beach half of it was covered in teens dancing offbeat to music, and the other half if you squinted hard enough were watching a huge screen displaying some type of movie.

Hunter got out and opened the door for me, but before I got out I glanced back at out two friends. They were both sound asleep with their head resting on each other.

“Ana won’t believe this.” I giggled pulling out my phone and snapping a picture to capture the moment. Since this probably would never happen again. I got out and thanked him. “You open up doors? Chivalry is dead Hunter, you didn’t have to.”

“My mom raised me better. And because I’m not ‘good’ doesn’t mean I’m completely ‘bad’.” He whispered in my ear. Then he took me by the waist and dragged me to the movie part of the party.

It was playing some sort of movie from the 80’s, it might’ve been Sixteen Candles but I wasn’t paying attention because Hunter was talking and making fun of every scene that came on.

It even got to the point where the couple next to shushed us.  We got up and decided to take a walk.

“Thanks Hunter, this was actually fun.” I smiled looking up at him, and then over at the ocean that the moon was illuminating.

“Don’t say it as if it’s the last time.” He told me wrapping his arms around my shoulder.

I shrugged him off, “Oh but it is. We are never doing this again. This goes against all my rules and I already broke my promise by going with you here. Though it was fun, I shouldn’t be here with you. I don’t want you coming around me anymore.”

We were closer to the party, and after I finished what I had to say a girl was thrown into the water screaming. She came up laughing and the guys chanted ‘NEXT, NEXT, NEXT’.

The next thing I know I was up in the air screaming. I landed in the water backwards water going into my nose. I heard my name being yelled by Hunter. “December!”

When I came up I spluttered water out of my mouth my hair was drench and starting to curl. Luckily my phone was the waterproof Galaxy. I stomped out of the water glaring at the guys, to see that they were already cringing at Hunter who was telling them off. By the time I made it to where they were the guys scurried off and Hunter had the look of murder.

“Hunter,” I questioned tugging on his jacket. I shook a little from the wind that was nipping at my wet arms.

“We better get you home.” He said softly.

When we made it to the car, the two in the back were still sound asleep. We drove in absolute silence to Ana’s house. I woke her up and she walked half asleep to her door. I mean she literally ran into her door, before opening it and walking in. We dropped Tristan off next; I’m guessing Hunter would get his bike tomorrow.

When he pulled me into my driveway, I didn’t get out quickly. I turned to him and smiled a bit.

“Thanks Hunter.” He looked at me, squinting his eyes for a minute before pulling one of his famous smirks.

“Night, April. Sorry for getting you wet, and not on purpose.” And with those parting words I hopped out of the jeep and into my house quickly skipping up the stairs to my room. To say I was embarrassed was the least I could say. He always had to turn something sexual. I turned on the light and looked out the window to see Hunter look up at me, smirk and pull away. I shook my head pilled off the cold wet clothes and got into something warmer.

I made it a personal goal to start enjoying my life but to keep Hunter at a distance at the same time. That was a promise.

Give me your reasons why, I want to see you in a different light
You set me up and now you breaking all the rules 
You act like I'm a fool, I learned a lot today
About the silly little games we play, piece in the puzzle but it don't seem to provide any reasons why-Artist:The Downtown Fiction Song:Alibi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6M 310K 26
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his spearmint breath fanning across my face. My breathing got caught in my throat as he lowered his m...
158K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
402K 10K 44
"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancΓ© when you whΓΈre behind my back!" He shouted a vein...
1.5K 64 30
He took a whiff of his cigarette before pulling me close to him. My heart was thumping so hard against my chest that I was afraid he'd feel it as I w...