The Academy - Book II Editing...

By emmyles

*This book features very mature content! If you don't like your men dominant stop now because this is your o... More

Author's Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight part A
Chapter Twenty - Eight part B
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six part A
Chapter Fifty Six Part B
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine (Epilogue)

Chapter One

9.6K 326 178
By emmyles

Chapter One

Ah'Taria, Gold District - The Palace

Kayla twirled around the room her long blue summer dress bellowed around her ankles as she laughed at her reflection.

"You seem happy,” remarked Lucas as he and Jacob walked into their rooms.

Kayla stopped and stared at him excitedly, "I'm meeting Ebony at the Golden Palace Café this afternoon."

Lucas frowned as he watched her glide around the room, "Will it only be Ebony or is her husband joining you?"

Kayla stopped to cock her head and stare at Lucas, "Why would it matter?"

Lucas smiled tightly, "Jacob and I will be joining you."

Kayla brow knitted together as she watched Lucas carefully.  "Why would you want to join Ebony and me?"

Lucas extended his hands to Kayla. He folded her in his embrace and kissed her forehead before he replied, "Because I said I wanted to join you."

Kayla frowned darkly at him, "If that is what you want."  She shrugged as she walked pass him, "Good afternoon Jacob."  With those words she stormed out of the room.

Jacob chuckled at the rigid posture Kayla had adopted, "You could have just said you didn't want her to go alone in case Arturo was there."

Lucas stared coldly at his wife's back, "She needs to learn not to question my wishes." After they'd followed behind Kayla he sighed inwardly before he glowered at the Jacob, "Stop smirking before I rip your lips off.  And I admit I may should have said that to her instead."

Jacob laughed, "The joys of being married." 

Lucas waved his hand and tripped Jacob before he gave him a dirty look, "I can't wait for you to feel my joy."

Jacob sobered at Lucas's scowl and mumbled, "More like pains."

Kayla ignored them as she strolled regally toward the café that stood just outside the gates of the palace.  As entered her eyes scanned the room until she saw Ebony's head peak out of an alcove.  Kayla called Ebony's name and waved enthusiastically as she walked toward her.

*****

Leaftree Inn, Bronze District,  Ah'Taria,

Earlier that day

Ebony stared out the small window of the tiny hotel room she and Arturo shared.  She attempt to ignore his latest rant about their monetary situation as she prepared to leave.

"Are you listening to me," he yelled as he roughly grabbed her arm and pulled her around to face him.  "I shouldn't have to be telling you this Ebony."

Ebony took a deep breath as stared blankly at him. She closed her eyes and tried to remember he had Kayo, her precious baby,  hidden somewhere on Mizu.   "I don't know what you expect me to do, Art."  She snatched her arm from his painful grip, "Jacob Lawson isn't someone that you should take lightly." With defiant glare she laughed without humor, "I want nothing to do with him or Lucas Sinclair."

Arturo grabbed Ebony and shook her before he pushed her into the small wooden chair. "How can you say that," yelled Arturo as he stepped in front of her and pulled her head back by her hair. He raised his hand to strike her but lowered it with a sneer.

"You are to meet Lady Kayla I can send you with bruises on your face," snarled Arturo as he walked toward the hidden compartment that held beverages.   He reached in and retrieved a bottle of wine, "Do you not realize what Lord Jacob can do for us!  The royals alone that he'd shower on you is staggering.  I would reap the benefits of you -"

Ebony pushed her black hair out of her face and glared, "Is that all you can think about?  Your get rich quick schemes are tiresome.  You could be working as a civil servant on Mizu but you refused to do the job correctly."

Arturo poured a glass of wine and chuckled, "When I married you I expected to be rolling in royals.  But your father left stipulations on everything he'd left you."  He paused to gulp down the liquor from the glass then poured himself another, "And now I am just as poor as I was before marrying you."

Ebony snarled, "You could always agree to a divorce."

Arturo stared at her in disgust, "You want me remove my name from your family's register." A cruel laugh spilled from his lips as he gloated, "I would never give up the Talisman name!"

Ebony gazed at him for the fool he was as she rose, "Arturo, I have a date with Kayla."

Greedily he sat the empty bottle and glass down, "I will join you."

Ebony waved a hand and snickered, "You will not.  Kayla is only expecting me and I will not allow you, and your greedy stupidity, to do something that will make me lose my only friends."

"Your reluctance to do what is necessary for your family will make you lose everything," he goaded.

"No, my letting my worthless and greedy relatives talk me into marrying you is why I will lose everything," she snapped angrily.  "You, my family and your family spent my dowry as if it were endless."

Arturo rolled his eyes, "Since there is no more you should do whatever is necessary."

Taken back by his statement Ebony rolled her eyes in annoyance, "So I should do whatever is necessary while you my dear husband does nothing."

"Exactly!" Arturo nodded in approval with the belief Ebony understood what he expected.

Angrily Ebony grabbed her shawl, "You and your family are insane." She opened the door and turned to stare at him coldly, "My family is no better than yours but at least they are mine."

Arturo sped after her, as soon as the door slammed behind her.  "I must make her see that becoming Jacob Lawson's paramour would improve all of our circumstances.  She needs to stop being so selfish," grumbled Arturo.

Ebony ignored her husband as she walked down the street toward the café she and Kayla were supposed to meet.  As she crossed the gleaming white street she wished he respect her words and realized that she would never ask Kayla for anything nor would she stoop to being that man's paramour.

Ebony took a deep breath as she ran toward a transport that would get her to the cafe early.  She turned to see that Arturo had fallen behind and wouldn't be able to make it before the transport pulled away.

"This transport is going to the Gold District," state the woman that operated the controls.  Ebony nodded as she placed her hand against the black screen.  The transport operator smiled, "Accepted!  Ebony A. Talisman of Mizu guest of Lady Makayla Sinclair."

Ebony sat down and watched as Arturo tried to wave to the transport to stop.  "Please do not stop," whispered Ebony as she stared blankly out the window.

After several minutes the transport stopped outside the upscale restaurant and Ebony disembarked.  She raised her head high not willing to let Arturo steal her happiness.  With grace she walked into the cafe and smiled as she took in the shiny golden wood floors, white marble tabletops and black wrought iron chairs.

"Do you have a reservation," asked a nasally voice.

Ebony turned to smile at the person that looked down his nose at her Ebony and giggled, "I'm here to meet my friend Kayla Sinclair."  Her smile grew as the person's snobbish attitude turned humble and he led her to a beautiful alcove with fresh cut flowers and a small water fountain.

"Her ladyship should be here shortly," he nodded slightly in respect before he walked away.   As he entered the back room he shook his head, "Lady Kayla should definitely have chosen a different location for her lowbrow friend and herself to meet."  He ignored the other staff as he placed an assortment of pastries on a large platter and poured four cups of coffee.  With a beleaguered sigh he walked back out into the main area to place the tray on the table.

Ebony stared at the stain glass that glittered around the light fixtures. She saw they had beautiful depictions of dragons that breathed fire and phoenixes that rose from the flames.  She smiled politely to the server as he placed coffee and pastries on the table before she turned to looked at the mural in the alcove.  "Wow," gasped Ebony in awe at the vibrant and rich colors.

Lost in thought she heard her name called enthusiastically. She stood up to greeted Kayla as she did she was enclosed in a relieved hug.  Ebony sighed happily as she returned the warm hug.

Kayla stared into Ebony's violet eyes she smiled, "I hope you don't mind that Lucas and Jacob have joined us."

Ebony felt her heart lurch at the mention of Jacob's name. "No it would be nice to see them.  We only got to speak briefly at the children's introduction ceremony."

Kayla nodded and pulled her back toward the alcove excitedly, "You've married."  As they sat down she looked over to see Lucas and Jacob had entered the cafe, "You must tell me everything!"

Ebony pulled her lips back in what she hoped was a smile as she stared at Kayla, "To be honest Kayla I married him at the urging of my family and-."

"And you are unhappy and hope that Kayla will assist you in ending the marriage," interrupted Lucas as he walked over and sat down.

Ebony paled as she stared at Lucas before she quickly looked away to shake her head, "That's not true, my lord.  I will end the marriage with my own two hands."

Jacob smiled as he sat down at the table with Lucas, "Explain how you plan to do that Ebony?"

Ebony could feel her heart speed up as she looked into Jacob's light brown eyes and felt a pull that made her feel like she was falling.  She pushed against that pull and turned to look at Kayla, "I would never ask you for anything."

Kayla frowned toward Lucas and Jacob, "Even if you did it is my decision to help you."  She turned toward Ebony and smiled brightly, "And I would help you if you asked."

Ebony tried and failed to return Kayla's bright smile.  She could feel the years melt away as she stared into those brown eyes; all the pain, heartache, loneliness and trauma. Kayla is such a wonderful person I can't imagine how or why she'd willingly be with someone like Lucas, thought Ebony.

"What makes you think she did it willingly," taunted Jacob as he stared at Ebony.

Ebony turned to stare at Jacob and again felt the pull to fall into his eyes.  "I'm sorry," she asked with the hope she'd heard him incorrectly.  "I didn't quite hear you."

Jacob's smiled sweetly toward her as he picked up a lemon scone, "I didn't say anything."

Lucas choked on his muffin as he knew very well what Jacob had said.

Kayla stared at Jacob with a small frown as she'd heard him too, "Jacob! Don't do that please." When he turned and cocked an eyebrow toward her, Kayla sighed. "I'd hate to have to mention your behavior to your mother."  As his smile slipped a little she turned to Ebony, "Acadia is a wonderful and beautiful woman that would be very upset if she learned Jacob was prying into the mind of an innocent woman."

Jacob rolled his eyes as he bit into his scone, "Kayla I'd appreciate if you not speak of my mother in front of her."

Ebony felt a little hurt at his tone but tried  cover it with a smile. She nodded slowly as a wave if sadness and understanding hit her.   "I apologize.  I seem to be out of place here."

Jacob stared at Ebony and cocked an eyebrow, "You are out of place here but that didn't stop you from coming."

Lucas turned to look at Jacob with a confused stare.  With a sigh he inquired through their  link, why are you being so mean to her Jacob.  He watched semi-amused when Jacob shrugged in answer.

Ebony picked at her simple dress as she took in Kayla's well-made designer outfit and felt sadness bloom in her heart.  "I'm so stupid.  Why did I never realized The Academy's uniforms hid such a difference in our socioeconomic class and standings?" She nodded politely, "I apologize for being imprudent and trying to continue my acquaintance with you, Kayla." With a nod toward Lucas and Jacob she started to leave the table.

Kayla jumped to her feet, "What are you talking about!"  Kayla reached for Ebony's arm she grabbed her, "Don't leave."

Ebony winced as Kayla squeezed the arm that Arturo had earlier grabbed and bruised.  "Kayla I believe I should leave," she said as she pulled her arm out of her grip. "I am obviously below the level of which your husband and his friend believe you should be associating."

Kayla turned to glare from Lucas to Jacob, "That’s not true and even if it were I will not let anyone dictate to me who my friends should be."  As she stared at them angrily she raised her chin haughtily, "And I believe my dear husband and his friend understands."

Lucas smirked as he raised his coffee cup and bowed his head to her, "Yes.  I definitely understand."

Jacob stared coldly from Ebony's face to the arm she'd wrenched from Kayla's arm, "So your husband isn't just selfish and greedy but abusive too."

Ebony turned to look at Jacob before she responded flatly, "Arturo is not your concern Lord Jacob and neither am I."

Jacob smirked at her as he locked eyes with her.  His lips rose as she fell into his spell.   He watched silently as she sat back down obediently, "I will concern myself with what I want, Ebony."

Kayla stared uncertain of what just happened, as she went to shake Ebony Lucas grabbed her shoulder, "I believe it is time for us to take our leave.  You can visit with Ebony again tomorrow."

Jacob didn't break eye contact with Ebony as they left.  He delved into her mind, he pried into her thoughts, he read her every memory and smiled when he located the ones from The Academy.  Gently he pulled and reviewed those, as to not cause her unnecessary trauma, when done he waited for her to regain awareness.

Ebony blinked several times before she realized she and Jacob were alone.  Uncertainty bloomed in her stomach and she frowned distraught.  She thought she had gotten away from him when he'd left school. She’d gotten married and started to raise a family with the belief she’d never see him again.  She'd hoped never see him again.  She felt a terror only he could inspire within her and watched almost horrified as he smiled at her. It was a smile that dripped an acid honey that signaled her doom. Tears came to her eyes as she stared into cold light brown eyes.

With a smirk,  Jacob whispered, "It's been a long time, Ebony."

Ebony's breath caught in her chest as she closed her eyes. She could feel his voice wash over her body like a caress.  "In my nightmares you were always there," she whispered.

Jacob leant toward her, "Were they really nightmare or does it make you feel better to say they were."

A warm shiver ran up her back from his reply.  Ebony was about to answer him when she heard a voice outside the alcove that she recognized, "My wife is here meeting with Lady Makayla Sinclair and I demand to be sat with her."

Ebony cringed in embarrassment as she looked down at the table, "I should leave before he causes a bigger scene."

Jacob cocked an eyebrow as she rose, "My question still stands.  Do you want me to assist your husband in reaching his goals in doing nothing here on Ah’Taria?"  He gazed at her and knew she didn't remember the last part of the question, at Kae's suggestion he'd erased that.

Ebony looked down at him as he sipped his coffee, "And what would I have to do for your assistance."

Jacob smirked as he lied, "I need an assistant."

Ebony stared at him baffled, "All I would have to do is become your assistant?  What does the position include?"

Jacob gave Ebony a sexy smile as he chuckled, "Everything I say it includes."

Puzzled by his answer she nodded, "How much does the job pay."

Jacob pulled out his hand held and sent a message to Saia.  He waited impatiently for her reply, "How much do you believe the job should pay?"

Ebony could hear Arturo as he became louder and started to argued with someone outside the alcove, "If I become your assistant I -"

Jason rested his elbows on the table and steepled his fingers with a know it all smirk. He waited for her to shift uncomfortably before he cut her off, "You want me to use my power to terminate your marriage to Arturo and send him back to Mizu."  At her nod he continued, "What about the other things you want?" 

Ebony stared at her hands as she played with her fingers, "Would my job responsibilities fall in line with being like a paramour?"

Jacob sat his coffee down and sat back in his seat, "And if it did?"

Ebony shook her head quickly and stared down at her hands, Can I really barter my body and freedom to get away from him and my greedy family?  She continued to play with her fingers, "I honestly don't believe you see me in that way."

Jacob stared at her as he leaned back in his seat. "I don't but you may grow on me."

Ebony looked at him hopefully, "You don't want me to be your paramour?  All I have to do is be your assistant and you will help me."

Jacob smiled and it only widened when he heard her heart speed up, "That is correct.  I will help you find somewhere to live on Ah'Taria between my residence and the palace so that you can commute with ease."

Ebony nodded as she looked back down to her hands, "Lord Jacob there is one more thi-"

Jacob waved a hand at her and interrupted again "I will have Kayo brought to Ah'Taria."  He picked up his hand held as it went off and read Saia's response: Am I being fired.  Are you replacing me that you need an assistant?  I am sorry for my lapse!  I am paid 45 royals a week plus my apartments are paid for by the palace.  Sighing he looked at her, "Ebony, my offer includes a weekly stipend of 30 royals a week and lodgings for you and Kayo are included with the position."

"My wife is back here and I will join her," Arturo walked into the alcove and glared at the occupants.  "Ebony," he slurred drunkenly as he grasped her shoulder, "Did you not hear me calling for you?"

Ebony stared into Jacob's conceited face and replied as doom bubbled inside her, "I accept."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871 5 31
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence and will move fast. He pulls me closer leaving no space between us. "We can't...
1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...
96.2K 3.3K 91
*COMPLETED* "I want to wear this on that day, I kill my nemesis. I want to put it on to hide and shadow my face. I want to reveal the strong woman I...
27.9K 796 25
[𝐞𝐮𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐱 𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐀𝐔] [𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐱 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐞] [𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟-𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭] Previously known as "Obsessive". The A...