Dare To Risk In Love (Saudade...

Von PrincessCreamyCake

You'll never get what you truly deserve if you remain attached to what you're supposed to let go of. Maybe it... Mehr

Saudade Series #1
PRELUDE
CHAPTER 1: Best Girl
CHAPTER 2: El Viejo Amor
CHAPTER 3: Clifford Sanders
CHAPTER 4: Malcolm Henderson
CHAPTER 5: Travis Pearce
CHAPTER 6: Truffles
CHAPTER 8: Wanted
CHAPTER 9: Punched
CHAPTER 10: Greatest Challenge
CHAPTER 11: Meeting
CHAPTER 12: Life Sucks
CHAPTER 13: Van and Von
CHAPTER 14: Her Favorite
CHAPTER 15: Possible Wife
CHAPTER 16: Call The Shots
CHAPTER 17: Not At All
CHAPTER 18: So Tired
CHAPTER 19: Somewhere
CHAPTER 20: Pretty Scary
Epilogue

CHAPTER 7: Calling

220 11 6
Von PrincessCreamyCake

UNEDITED 2017 version.

Turks and Caicos Island, Bahamas

Malcolm Henderson heaved a heavy long sigh.

The sun is brightly shining up above yet he's already tired. He secretly watched the girl who stole his very attention way back in highschool-- from the coconut tree. Dana is nothing but a goddess right now. She's happily sipping her Mango Shake while reading a book entitled 'Shatter Me'. Malcolm almost cursed all the odds after seeing her almost naked! She's just wearing a stringed white bikini while her cover up is at the edge of the sun lounger. She's way matured now than before—she grew so much that Malcolm almost wished that he's not yet too late for another probable shot.

Time flies so fast, and he can't even cope up. Things changed. There are some things that are temporary, even the slightest things that are not even worth the change. If it's meant to happen, it will. And, no one can stop those from happening.

It has been nine long years...

Those years of no fun that he only spent his time in studying and work. Life is so boring to him. It was like a sheet of paper. White and no trace of ink, so dull. He thinks that he doesn't deserve being happy in those days after what he did to Dana. He was an asshole for hurting the girl that he used to treasure like a gem. What he felt for her was not explainable. Dana managed to awaken the beast in him.

Dana seemed to not care at all—men are ogling at her body as she leans on in the sun lounger. Malcolm wanted to wring their necks and wrack their heads for staring at her. Yet he knew he can't... She's not his. Sad but it's the reality waving at his side. The right to be mad at all things was already stripped off out of him. He lost everything.

It is so sad to think that, there are some decisions that you don't want to do but eventually, strange circumstances will push you through doing it without leaving a choice.

He was about to go and leave but he was startled when he saw Thomas Sanders standing right behind him.

"Thomas..."

With crossed arms, he said, "It's a wonderful day, isn't it?"

He only nodded and pressed his lips into a thin line.

Dana's older brother smiled, "I saw you watching her intently." He said. His eyes directed to his sister and back to him.

He can't deny it anymore—he was like, being caught red handed. "Yeah, this is again the first time I'll be watching her without inhibitions." He honestly answered.

Thomas knew the history. He knew every bit of it—even the reason to why he did that. If he wasn't, then maybe, he will not anymore see the sunlight. Thomas used to be his mentor. They have been into the same soccer team before and they knew each other well. Even before he and Dana happened, Malcolm treated Thomas like his brother. His older sister, Sofia is Thomas' girlfriend. He even fished out some information about Dana from him. He was a good help, because of that, he became close to Dana.

Maybe that was the best highlight of his teenage years though.

"Nine years of not seeing her is a suicide, right?" Thomas mockingly smirked. "She's annoying at most times, even a brat, but she's a princess. She needs to be kept and guarded."

"Yeah. A rough nine years." Malcolm sheepishly smiled, "Ysobel's a brat worth to be kept."

"She is. She's not a Sanders if she's not."

Malcolm shook his head with amusement, "Clifford is one hell of a Sanders. He thinks he's a God."

Thomas grunted at the thought of his brother, "That man is an ass. I expect less but he's more than that. He's still worthy after all." And he laughed heartily with Malcolm.

"What more could I expect from your family, Thomas? You guys are one hell of a work."

"Oh boy, you're wrong! Is it the princess that you're pertaining to? Dana's fantastically a hell of a work. I gave up disciplining that brat a long time ago."

Malcolm smirked, "Nah uh!" and shook his head.

Clifford is the happy-go-lucky, Thomas is the serious one, and Dana is the brat, Makayla is the other matter. Sanders' kids are definitely handful and high maintenance. It will take a lot of guts to get into their ways.

Thomas pointed Dana, and he turned around to see her. "Why don't you try again?" the corner of his lips rises, "Everything's fine already, Malcolm. I think it's time that you think about yourself again. My sister may be blinded with anger now, but she's not close minded to not hear your reasons..."

Everything is still not fine-- that's for him. Malcolm thinks he's not yet ready for another risk.

"I don't think now's the best timing. I don't want to ruin the vacation. I'm fine just watching her from here, for now."

Thomas shook his head in disbelief. "There's no such thing as best timing, Henderson!" Dana is like a rare gem, and Malcolm Henderson must hurry before someone else will snatch her away from him. Hell will rise, if that happens.

"Not now, Thomas. I'd like to take it slowly. I'm not rushing things. In fact, she hates me to bits."

Malcolm may not realize it by now, but Thomas is rooting for him. "Do it now, or someone else will." Thomas frankly spat out.

His eyes darkened at the thought of someone snatching Dana away from him. "I won't let anyone get in the way again. No one!"

"Haven't you heard about Travis Pearce? He's one hell of a competition." He smirked.

Now, he's testing Malcolm.

How far can Malcolm go?

Malcolm's brow creased, "Travis Pearce? The ex?" he spat it like an acid in the throat. "What about him?"

He knew the guy from skin to bones. He had him checked and such. Dana and Travis used to be lovers but after a year of relationship, they broke up-- which was a very good news for Malcolm.

"I thought you stalk my sister like a freaking freak? What the hell Malcolm!"

Oh, yes. Thomas knew that shit too. He's not going to deny it. He has been stalking Dana for about five years now. It started when Dana goes to college to study. He kept it from everyone but Thomas had him stalked too, and he found out about him stalking his sister.

"I did. The very thing that I'm holding on now is, that Pearce and my Dana is no longer in a relationship. They broke up years ago." He hired a very efficient investigator, and the man is providing him information about the girl-- Dana.

Thomas heartily laughed, "Come on dude! You've got to be kidding me!" He, again, shook his head. "Are you sure you hired the right man for the job?" he quizzically asked.

Malcolm's brow creased, "Yes."

The investigator he had was the best in his field. A single call will result to something good and efficient. Malcolm has no doubt to that investigator.

Thomas laughed heartily, "Dude, you should check that man again. I think there's a glitch."

"What do you mean?" his brow perfectly creased.

"Some asshole is messing around with you." he patted his shoulder, "Guard that brat," he pointed Dana whose now standing and tying her hair. "Men's eyes are feasting around her." he said one last time before leaving him.

Now, Thomas just dropped another bomb. What does he mean about that? Does someone playing with him again? That could be something but he won't assume unless he find out the truth.

He fished out his phone when it buzzed, but he sighed after seeing the name flashing on it. Why can't people be happy in just a snap? Why can't Malcolm be happy? It's been nine long years of not feeling any of it. He was in deep hell and nothing could ever mend that shit!

Alexus McDaniel Calling....

He started at his phone like a lost boy. Dana is so near yet so far to reach. He has a lot of things to say to her but chances and many circumstances are preventing Malcolm from doing so. He can't just bombard her with the truth and plea for another shot-- that's not how he plan things. He wanted to take baby steps. He wanted to be with Dana again.

Now, Alexus is calling. She's calling and he's obliged to answer the call.

"Hey." He calmly greeted.

"Where are you Malcolm? I'm in your pad and you're not here! Where the hell are you?!" the other line seems to not know how to talk calmly.

Malcolm closed his eyes and held back to not shout with anger. "I'm in a very important business trip, Alexus. What do you want?" He spat out with stresses in every word. He can't just lash out-- it'll be a problem.

"Business trip? How come that I do not know about this? Do you think I'll buy that excuse of yours? No! Where the fuck are you? Go home now!"

Damn it! Malcolm cursed under his breath. "Alexus, calm down!" Even if he's in his last stray of patience, he remained calm and collected. Alexus is a psychotic bitch and she can open up a vein anytime she wants. Malcolm tried to seek help from the best shrink in Australia, but Alexus threatened him to commit suicide in front of everybody. And, she means it. "Seriously, I'm in a business meeting. I'm with my family, so you better stay wherever you want and I'll provide for you. Are the kids with you?" That's the least he can do.

Alexus is his ex-girlfriend.

After his break-up with Dana, he had another relationship, and that was with Alexus McDaniel. Their relationship only lasted for a year because Alexus cheated and got pregnant with another man. Alexus' family is one of the wealthiest family in Australia and they've got deep connections in the black market. It was a shame to their family. Alexus was terrified and got depressed during the pregnancy because she can't seems to find a solution to her problems. When her father learned about her situation, it fueled her depression. Since he was the known boyfriend, Caleb McDaniel forced Malcolm to father Alexus' kids to cover up the shame Alexus brought to their family.

Even if Malcolm has nothing to do with it, he was at fault too. If he wasn't too busy stalking Dana and at the same time working like hell, Alexus won't cheat and got pregnant. He was the boyfriend and he has the responsibility to take good care of his girlfriend.

He refused to father Alexus' kids, but Caleb pulled some strings to blackmail him. Caleb can bring down their businesses in just a snap-- that's how ruthless Caleb McDaniel is. Even if he can fight back, there's no use. Enya was their subject. She was in danger. They tried her as the first move. They used Enya as a blackmail bargain.

Hendersons may have the power to fight back, but in that kind of situation, they can't use it. Family first before anything else.

"I'm with the kids. Go home! They're looking for you."

"I can't. It will take a month before I could go home."

"What?!"

"Tell the kids I miss them. I'll call you later."

"Malcolm! Malco--" He ended the call without further ado.

He can't really stand talking to Alexus. Everytime he does, he can't help but think of the wasted chances he can be with Dana and make it up to her. It was one of the reasons to why it took him nine long years before finally getting back in New York. Alexus is one hell of a work and she's a psycho in so many ways. He also fears the twins' safety. Their mother badly needs a shrink!

If only he could bring back the past and change it, he'd probably make things right. Dana is not worthy of the pain he caused her. He cheated, and he regretted doing that. Maybe this is his karma. The tables turned right in front of his eyes.

I still have a defense on this one. Lol.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.3M 57.6K 103
(Finished) Stella Dominguez works during the day and goes to law school every night - well, after her law classes, she parties at clubs to have some...
33.9K 1.7K 34
Somersault Boys Series #1 Might not. Probably won't. Maybe never. Unlikely. Doubtful. Despite being everything he could have been, Elize constantly s...
478K 10.9K 60
MUSIC BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER. Huling taon na ni Chord at ng kanyang banda sa CCPA. Konting tiyaga na lang at magbubunga na rin ang matag...
32.3K 1.1K 23
[HIGHEST RANKING: #60 in ChikLit] Aggie Tongco and Porter Aguirre's simple love story. Started: June 13, 2017 Ended: July 07, 2017