Nemphrodelia

By OMGitsbekky

WARNING THIS BOOK IS DDLG IF YOU DON'T LIKE PLEASE DON'T READ Ayla is shy, young, neglected girl who has fe... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Author's Note
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Q & A
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Disclaimer
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Q/A Two
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Alaria (Nemphrodelia #2)

Chapter Twenty-Six

12.1K 329 25
By OMGitsbekky

Alina's POV:

Walking down the carpet-muffled staircase, I had troubled premonitions about the day ahead. It seemed like just another day, innocent but for its essential morning grogginess and not to mention the unsure weather outside. One minute it was cold, dark - as if the sun hadn't even risen yet even though the clock in the hall struck eight - and the next it was warm and sunny; the most disturbing thing is that I was the one controlling that bipolar weather system. It was both a blessing and a curse.

Outside littles played in the park a few blocks away, despite the crazy climate. Cars roared past, and Daddies and Mummies continuously leapt off the ground in a daze. My eyes could take nothing in, the recent centuries wouldn't stick as blood once again rushed to my ears in worry and the summery season vanished to new weather that almost hailed from another time. Snow and stone and ghost light lit the path in front of me through the gold speckled archway window above the stairs. My footsteps and the small rise of steam that boiled out of my bottle gave away that I was alone. Every sound echoed against the marble house. My head once again filled with anxious thoughts.

The occasional cheek-chew of unsureness as I once again descended and the odd pang of heartache resulted in the peculiar feeling of unease. Something was going to happen today, and nobody else was aware, their lives continued as usual with no concern to why my emotions were haywire; that was except my Daddies. Shaking my head, I pushed my thoughts aside, resolute and ready to be done with all the worried thinking. Today was a special day after all.

I held my bottle in one hand and clutched my cute Care Bears jacket closed with the other. A backpack was swung over my shoulder, and my hair - short, out and pink for the day - was warming the back of my neck. 

Today was not a typical day.

Although.

Squeaking of the door, my hair chair in its regular place and my Daddies all still in their pyjamas and one could have fooled me. Suddenly I was pulled in a firm hold from behind, against a firm chest while lips nuzzled my neck in love. 

A familiar voice in my ear.

Daddy ran his hands through my hair as he turned me around and placed me on his back for a piggyback before walking us over to the table. Annoyingly, Xavier and Chevron started to commune, and I tried to lower myself from the cage of Xavier's arms.

"Daddy down!" I complained, pushing away from his warm bare chest. Mini scars appeared in threes around his back, and I muted more, not liking seeing my Daddy hurt. Even so, his beautiful skin made up for it. Shoving again, I sulked further; I wanna be strong like Daddy.

"Is that anyway you ask for things Alina?" Xavier's stern voice sounded. 

"It is when I'm hungry." I snapped. 

The day before had been magical, but alas long and tiring. Like the night before that, it was late when I had gotten to bed, and I had hardly blinked before Mercuries came in saying it was the day ahead. Today was worse. I missed sleep. My Daddies complained it was my fault though of the lack of sleep I was getting because by the time we made to leave whatever adventure had been set out for the day it would be late and I would have to be carried home as a dead weight. Then later when I was finally about to go to bed, I would have a tantrum because I was so tired. Zeus complained that I was, 'Impossible' and a 'brat' then would proceed to pick me up in his arms, gives me the most relaxing and calming bottle I had ever had and put me to sleep, finishing with an 'I love you.'

The morning I found was the worse.

One of my Daddies would come in all happy and ready to start the day, throw my blinds open and get me out of bed before I can say as much as a 'goodnight.' 

"Is that any way to talk to me, young lady?"

Sighing, I stared longingly at the plate of ice-cream and mint chocolate waffles I had just lost.

"No." I exhaled. 

Xavier lowered me into my high chair with a disappointed look, which made me want to both squirm and throw my new fruit breakfast at the wall. He moved his hands to his pockets.

"Little one, I know you've had some late nights, but don't worry today is just going to be a relaxing day and then a bath with my little princess having a slightly earlier bedtime tonight." Mercuries voiced.

I smiled softly while trying to ignore the glaring sun. "Can we watch movies and play outside?"

"Anything you want."

With a statement like that the possibilities of my day were endless. As much as I enjoyed the fun adventurous days where I would learn new things about Nemphrodelia and meet new people and go new places, they were also extremely tiring, and all I felt like doing at this point was cuddling Mr Cuddles and Moo Moo McFluffins. I would also do anything for an ice-cream and a bubble bath. My small smile twitched into a mega-what as I glanced up at Chevron.

"Daddy can I pretty please have Lion come over. Please, Daddy. Please."

"I'll think about it little one. Open up baby."

----------

Lili used to be fun. Not anymore. She was so serious, trying to get me to tell my Daddies what I did wrong. 

"Alina what is Lili talking about. Something about paint on the walls."

"I have no idea Daddy, she's been grumpy with me all day, just cause I accidentally tapped her with my foot when I woke up. I didn't even mean it. It was her fault. She was in my way. Daddy, she's so mean. I don't Lili around anymore." My hand flew to my mouth as Lili sat up in shock and hurt. 

"I'm sorry I'm an annoyance, Alina." Her voice was colourless. 

Before I could blink, she was racing down the hall from sight.

"Baby that was mean, maybe we should quit the movie day, and you could spend some time with Lili alone in your bedroom. Maybe at the same time, you can get over this attitude."

"I'm sorry Daddy. I'm just so tired. I haven't got any sleep all week!" I hissed, my voice regaining its snappiness. Why won't they just let me rest, what have I ever done to them. As much as the adventures were fun and I loved my Daddies for taking me on them and giving me lots of fantastic memories, it was exhausting. Extremely exhausting.

Tired fun. 

Chevron lifted his hand and stroked my cheek, brushing a dead eyelash from my skin. He said, "I know you're tired, so I'll let that rudeness slide."

He lowered his hand. "bottle or sippy baby?"

The question implied whether or not I wanted to fall asleep halfway through the movie or stay up.

"Bottle please Daddy."

Amazingly in just a few short weeks, my acquired accent had begun to match my Daddies native one. 

Chevron sighed lovingly, proud of the fact that I had chosen a more mature, reasonable answer despite that I usually wanted to stay up instead of going to sleep. Two hands fell on my hair as Daddy stood up and I resisted the urge to jump knowing from the tingles that it was another one of my mates. Mercuries brushed my hair up into a perfect ballerina style bun while also massaging my head. If he kept this up and my bottle came to me at the ideal temperature like it always did, I would be so lucky to watch the start of the film. 

"Baby Lili is upset with you, as are her mates who she ran off too." Xavier's voice was both rough and soft with disappointment. "You're meant to be best friends little one. I know some littles, and their familiars don't get along and are often quarrel, but I refuse to allow you and Lili to have such a stretched bond. After you have had a nap, you will go down to Lili with me, and we will stay there until you apologise - and mean it - and she agrees to come home. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Daddy. I'm sorry."

"It is not me who you should be apologising too, princess."

I thought about what Xavier had said. Meant. If I had gotten a chance to choose my own familiar, it would still one hundred percent be Lili. If there was any creature I was meant to be with for the rest of my life, Lili is perfect. I thought about the time Lili, and I had already spent together, all the memories I had captured with my heart. To have her by my side, helping me every step of the way seemed to be a glorious life to lead. Everything seemed brighter with Lili in the picture, somehow more positive and with sensations so profound not even a small child with a visionary imagination could not even begin to see or believe.

"I love Lili Daddy. I didn't mean what I said. She is one of the best things that has ever happened to me." I said. "May I please go and apologise now?" 

"Let's give Lili some time to cool off baby, and you some time to sleep."

-----

When I had walked into the theatre room and saw that Zeus and Chevron were already there with candy bowls in their hands and ice-cream layer out on the table in front of the plasma screens, like always, all thoughts of sleep rushed out the window. 

"Who wants candy?" Zeus had announced and my two straggling Daddies let off groans. Mercuries had raised an eyebrow at me when I raced towards Zeus and immediately started begging. He was a master of the eyebrow arch and each time he did it, all my decisions decide to rethink themselves, and my brain once again takes control over my stomach. I envied Mercuries for that eyebrow thing; mine wouldn't function independently like his no matter how many hours I spent in front of a mirror trying. It only weakened my expressions of cheekiness and suspicion. 

"Me. Please, Daddy can I have candy, I'll be good please pretty please."

As Zeus made to give me one of a blue clouded sugar coated energy zapper, Chevron came up from behind stopping me up in his arms and began to tickle. His hands danced over my hips and under my arms as I squirmed and giggled begging him to stop.

"What happened to be tired, huh missy?"

"But... Daddy... It's chocolate!" I explained.

The loud sound of knuckles hitting the door startled my Daddies and me. The torturous fingers paused, and Chevron pulled me up into a bridle position. The noise indicated that there was a presence at the door waiting to enter. 

"Trex come in."

Silently my guard opened the hardwood and walked through the entry almost with determination and anger, only to pause suddenly when he saw me. Hesitant emotions waved off him, and his left hand that had initially been outstretched towards Xavier fell. 

"Sir there is something we need to discuss." Trex's voice was concerned and soft.

"Is it safe to talk about here?"

Another glance in my direction. "I don't think you would want your mate to hear this sir."

"Outside then. Zeus, Chevron, Merucires." at each name he gave them a pointed look before moving closer to me. "I'll just be a minute baby; then we can watch the movie. Beauty and the beast again little one?"

I nodded, and he gave a kiss on the forehead before exiting the room, slowly shutting the door behind him.

Zeus's POV:

The door closed shut behind my brother, and I immediately opened the mind link so that I could hear the news while cuddling my baby close and stroking her hair. If she fell asleep before we even started the movie that would just be a bonus.

Sir, Alina's nursery was broken into less than ten minutes ago. We are investigating what has happened, but it seems like something heavy or a magical force of some sort was thrown through the window. This was attached. My relaxed posture broke, and I struggled to remain calm so that Alina droopiness would not be jeopardised. 

I want this taken care of immediately. Search for everyone in this castle and interview anyone you lay eyes on. Once you've finished on the castle, you can start on our people. In the meantime get a notice out there to our planets that someone is trying to harm their Princess and Queen.

Already taken care of sir, and people are being interviewed, searched and interrogated as we speak.

Good. Also, prepare a bag for Alina. We will be sleeping with the coven tonight.

Alina shifted slightly, blinked, yawned and promptly fell back into her light state of sleep. 

Sir, do you think that is a good idea. You will be entirely out in the open. I know the castle was the one that was afflicted upon but there are the safe quarters on the left that you can stay in, and a nursery is already set up for Alina so that she can remain comfortable. 

There was a significant pause.

Still, pack her bag. Get her a few teddies and have the safety quarters cleaned and ready for us within the next three hours.

Yes, sir.

I contacted my brother as I heard Trex walk away.

Walk in quietly, Alina is just falling asleep.

Mercuries snorted from where he sat beside me as he placed the bowl of candy that he had been eating from back on the table. 

"I don't understand how she does it," he whispered. 

"Does what?" I replied softly no breaking my continuous stroking her hair.

Mercuries grinned. "Eat all that candy and then fall straight to sleep."

"She didn't eat that much candy and a bottle, stroking and her Daddy helps."

"She had more candy while you weren't looking." I shook my head in his smug voice.

"You gave them to her." Outraged.

The door silently opened again as I openly glared at Mercuries. "I'll be happy to stuff you full of candy so that you don't sleep for a few nights and end up with a cold." I offered. Behind me, Chevron snorted.

I stood and motioned for Chevron and Xavier to follow. "Let's go to the safe rooms. They won't be cleaned yet, but I want to put Alina to bed. She needs some sleep." Walking out, I called out to Mercuries. "You, on the other hand, you idiot can go help the guards with the inspections. Maybe you'll be a good Daddy for one minute this week." 

A swore the only retort as I rushed to calm a whimpering Alina back down.

Author's Note:

The new chapter is finally up!!!! Sorry for the long wait, I'm in the last few weeks of term at school, and it's getting pretty hectic as well with sickness. Also when I published my previous chapter, and the response was low I also thought that people were losing interest, so I was going to make this chapter one that had lots of drama and everything. However, I've decided to wait for my next chapter to do that. Besides, I imagined Alina was also feeling very tired and exhausted from all her adventures of the last few chapters. 

I've also been thinking of doing another Q/A sometime soon, and I wanted to know if my readers would like one. It would include interviews with a couple of the Daddies and Alina so if you do want a Q/A comment a question for both me and whatever character you have questions for. The more in-depth your question, the more detailed my answer. Which means: SPOILERS!

Be healthy and happy

Love

Bekky

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7M 502K 46
When you are fighting for the freedom of your people, falling in love with your enemy is not a great idea. Or is it? Ayla has to defend her castle an...
3.2K 441 31
In a world dominated by werewolves and vampires, the few remaining humans are trying to survive. Danger lurks in every shadow. An ancient book with a...
172 11 5
Ayla Rose is a warrior for the Woodland pack. Ever since that day she lost her father, she swore to herself that she wouldn't be helpless. Every day...
47.6K 1.5K 36
She was a blood debt; her fate determined by a Canon created 600 years ago. A ritual recognising man's ancient right to vengeance. A right that made...