Chasing December (#wattyaward...

By lalamusicisme

There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze
Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have to Take Some Eyes Out
Chapter 4: We Can Make Our Own Later
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?
Chapter 6: I Drool Looking At You With Clothes On
Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons
Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask
Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion
Chapter 10: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic
Chapter 12: You Like Watching Me Sleep Or Something?
Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry
Chapter 14: Like In The Movies
Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People
Chapter 16: Ranger Toto
Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code
Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies
Chapter 19: You Want To Touch It Then Be My Guest
Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me
Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara
Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red
Chapter 23: Create A Nudist Colony
Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering
Chapter 25: My Birthday Suit For Your Birthday
Chapter 26: I'm Not Getting Naked
Chapter 27: Where Do Babies Come From?
Chapter 28: You Were From Two Different Worlds
Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations
Chapter 30: Never Ending Game Of Tug-O-War
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child
Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out
Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day
Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now
Chapter 35: I'm the Bunny & I Hurt the Snake
Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay
Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel
Chapter 38: I Got You December
Epilogue
Deleted Scenes/Drafts/Songs/Extras

Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs

152K 3.3K 838
By lalamusicisme

Comment + Vote. Dedicated to Hilostmemonkey!! Though the cover might change, she had several entries that were hard to choose from, so they might switch to one of those! Thank you soo much loved it!! Another off to the side. 2nd and 3rd place will also get their own dedicated chapter because they came so close too! Oh and Hunter and December refer to each other by names a lot. Like to a point where it might get annoying. It's just a thing they do.

Slideshow of all her entries to the side! 3 second pauses!

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."-Jim Carrey

Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs

December’s Pov.

I finished my walk home steaming from my last encounter with Hunter. He knew all the right ways to get on my nerves. From clicking his pen, to poking me, to throwing little papers, this was more interaction than I wanted from him. Even I knew that this wasn’t the last that I’d see of him, something tells me that he’ll be around a lot more now.

That last thought troubled me though. I could just sense the oncoming trouble I would be into because of Hunter and I wasn’t willing to ruin my life because of a careless boy, who just wanted to mess with me.

Really Hunter wouldn’t be that bad of a catch if it weren’t for his criminal record and his remiss attitude. He was tall, good-looking, and actually smart. But I wasn’t the type of girl to fall for charm, though I didn’t see all the charm the other girls talked about. If anything he was annoying and bothersome.

I unlocked my door and slid inside my home, skipping up to my room. I had nothing to do, usually every Thursday night Ana would come over and we’d talk for a couple of hours, like normal girls. But today she had to go to ballet practice, so I was alone.

I paced my room and with a sigh picked up my book and headed over to my windowsill. This action led my thoughts back to the infamous Hunter. His whole presence was a profusion of trouble. He was a fracas in my quiet life. But I believe in myself and I know with a little active ignoring and patience, that I can get him to leave me alone.

I’ve known Hunter since the 7th grade. I mean we live in California it wasn’t like it was a small town either. We lived in a small suburb city by Los Angeles. I sighed and put the book back down, there was no way I was going to be able to concentrate with him on my mind.

Hunter was devilishly handsome and the epitome of the phrase ‘looks can be deceiving’. He didn’t look innocent or anything but he didn’t look like the type to do anything super bad either. Though I’m not even sure what he did, I’m sure it’s terrible. I’ve heard rumors but even Hunter said earlier that rumors are not always the truth. I need to stop. My uncle has never been wrong before and I know he’s not this time.

I looked back out the window and saw Hunter walking my way. I could have ducked out of the way again but that would be no use; he already knew where I lived. I scrunched my eyes in confusion on why he was walking towards my house with a smile and a bag in hand. I stood up and watched him walk closer but then a similar police car came down the street.

For some odd reason I wasn’t happy to see my uncle and my stomach had butterflies swarming in alarm for Hunter. My Uncle stopped in front of my house and got out and stopped Hunter in his tracks. I gasped in horror. I could only hope to God that Hunter didn’t tell me Uncle that he knew me. Then he would think I didn’t heed his warnings.

Hunter looked up at me and winked. My Uncle didn’t see it and Hunter gave him a short answer and kept walking down the street. I can only assume he was going to Tristan’s house. But I knew he had something else in mind at the time.

I met my Uncle at the door and welcomed him in. “Hey Uncle Rob.” I greeted with a smiled.

“Hey December, I just came to check on you while your parents are out. They’ll be here late today. I brought you some McDonald’s.” He told me with a smile, knowing I had an addiction for their greasy fries.

I smiled and hugged him, “Thanks. I will thoroughly enjoy this.”

“How have you been doing?” He only asked this question because he hasn’t visited in a while.

“Fine, schoolwork and that’s pretty much it.” I smiled reaching in the bag and grabbing a fry.

“Any boys that I should be worried about?” I knew who he had in mind, but he didn’t know that I knew.

“No, I haven’t been involved with any boys.” It wasn’t really a lie, though it felt like one. I wasn’t involved with Hunter, and I wouldn’t be talking to him anymore.

“Okay good. I’ve seen that Jacobs kid walking around here lately,” he always has called Hunter by his last name except the day he first told me about him. I sat on the living room couch while he stood by the door. He still had his uniform on so I knew he was still on duty, only dropping by for a second. “Remember that I warned you about him, and call me if he causes any trouble.”

I nodded and paused for a second. I wanted to ask about what Hunter had done to get himself in jail. Many said he killed someone, some say assaulted someone so badly they were disfigured, others say selling drugs. I didn’t know what to believe. The assault one could be true, because Hunter got into fights frequently and always won.

“Uhm so what did Hunter—I mean Jacobs do to get thrown in jail?” I asked softly. I didn’t want him to think I was interested or anything.

“Don’t worry your little head about it, niecey!” He laughed and ruffled my hair. He saluted me on his way out, with a chuckle. Well that was annoying to say the least. Maybe I should ask Hunter. Whoa! That last thought was definitely stupid. I would not be directly talking to him on purpose; I would be ignoring him till he got the message and finally left me alone.

I trudged up to my room, eating the rest of my McDonalds on my way up. When I got up to my room, my window was propped open and a plastic grocery bag was hanging from the window. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked inside. There was a bottle of Sprite and a bag of Sour Cream and Onion chips inside.

I looked outside the window and down to see Hunter in all his glory smiling up at me. I looked out onto the street to see that my Uncle was gone and back down at him.

“What are you doing here?” I asked not liking this one bit. He shouldn’t know where I live and he shouldn’t be doing this for me.

“So you’re not gonna thank me for the food. Tsk that’s just rude Cember.” There he goes using that stupid nickname again. But he was right, it was rude of me.

“I’m sorry, you’re right. Thank you Hunter, but what are you doing here?” I told him pointing at him and looking around hoping my Uncle didn’t circle the block.

“Nothing just dropping by to see you, March.” He replied with a cool bravado. He was leaning against the big tree that was so close to my house he could climb up.

“Well you don’t need to see me! We shouldn’t be talking. I don’t know how many times I’m going to have to tell you that Hunter.” I stressed, he needed to know that we couldn’t be friends. Not that I wanted to or anything. I assessed his outfit; it was the same one from school. He was wearing dark jeans, a pair of Nikes, and a snug black shirt. His hair was tousled, probably from him running his hands through it and his hazel eyes were swirling with amusement.

“Oh chill out, you big bad uncle the policeman won’t catch me. So you have nothing to worry about. We can still get close.” The way he said close was in such a sexual manner that it sent chills up my virgin bones. I wasn’t use to it at all. It made me a bit uncomfortable at the sensation.

“We will not be getting close or whatever you’re talking about. You need to stop being so persistent and leave me alone. My Uncle will not be happy about this.” I couldn’t get it through his thick skull. No matter how I tried these couple of days.

“Whatever you say October, I’ll see you in the morning on our walk to school. And don’t worry no one will see us talking since it’s so early in the morning.” He winked at me and before I could tell him not to, he was already walking away back in the direction I assumed he lived.

With a huff I fell back into my bed and went into a slumber that was consumed with non-other than the hazel-eyed devil himself.

When I woke up the next morning for some odd reason I was looking forward to going to school. Though I didn’t want to see Hunter, well that’s what I kept telling myself. I shook it off as usual. It definitely had to be the fact that I haven’t had any experience with guys before. But I didn’t want Hunter’s attention.

I did my normal routine and put my hair into a bun. I was wearing a simple oversized sweater and dark blue jeans with a pair of chucks; which was perfect for the autumn weather. I grabbed an apple and my book bag on the way out and started on my way to school.

A couple minutes into my walk and I didn’t see Hunter. I felt my smile on my face turn to a frown, but that definitely wasn’t because of Hunter. It was just because the apple wasn’t as sweet as I thought it was going to be. I chucked it to the back of me when I heard an “OW!”

“God, June who knew you’d chuck fruit at me because I was late to picking you up.” Hunter whined rubbing the top of his head.

“You weren’t picking me up! And I didn’t mean to.” I told him a small smile appearing on my face because of the apple incident.

“So is this your usual routine? Walk to school, go to classes, go home, read a book, and then repeat?” He asked those hazel eyes of his looking into my brown ones.

“Well yeah, I guess.” He made my life sound so boring and repetitive. I frowned at the thought.

“Well, I’m going to change that. You need a little fun in your life June and I’m going to be the one to bring it.” He smiled, beaming at me proudly as if it was his mission and life goal to bother me.

“Isn’t there some other quiet girl you can bother, Hunter? We really aren’t compatible.” I pushed, and didn’t realize how he could have taken my words. My eyes widened as a Grinch-like smirk slithered onto his handsome face.

“Well, they say opposites attract and besides they say the weird ones are better in bed.” He whispered in my ear, his warm breath tickling it.

I shrieked and jumped away from him, shooing his body. “I’m not sleeping with you Hunter!”

“Whatever you say, Cember.”  He walked ahead of me the school building coming into view. I analyzed his appearance. He was wearing dark jeans again that were hung perfectly low, a black undershirt, with a flannel Ralph Lauren on top. He looked good, dangerously good. He turned abruptly and looked at me, “Oh and if you’re going to check me out, be more discreet about it.” He laughed and my face scrunched with embarrassment.

I met with Anna by the stairs of the school as usual and headed into Vencia High School. The day went by absolutely normal and I don’t mean the ‘new normal’ with Hunter. He paid no attention to me just like how I wanted and the day went by smoothly. I really did have a good day.

I did my usual wave to Anna, but this time it was Friday so I wouldn’t have to see Hunter for a full weekend. Maybe this will make him forget about me.

“Well what kind of friend are you, January?” Hunter questioned from behind me, spooking me. “You didn’t even wait for me.” I ignored him and kept on my journey home. “So you’re ignoring me? Come on what did I do to you for you to hate me so much?” He tried, and I couldn’t not say anything to that. I don’t hate anyone. That word was foreign in my vocabulary, and I didn’t even like someone like Hunter saying it.

“I don’t hate you,” I told him lowly. “I don’t hate anyone” I finished with a sigh and kept walking.

“What? Of course you hate someone. Everybody hates someone. I have a lot of hates in my life.” Hunter replied with a laugh.

“Well I don’t.” It was a short simple answer that was true. I didn’t know why he was hanging on it so tightly.

“Hmm well that’s weird. But you’re weird so that’s okay.” He walked in front of me, stopping me from my walking. “Give me one good reason why I should leave you alone and I will.”

I was speechless, because honestly other than my warnings from my Uncle and the rumors I didn’t really have a good reason.

“My Uncle told me to stay away from you, which will be my reason.” Hunter looked like he was thinking it over for a second and gave me a funny look.

“Ha, not good enough May. You may look up to your Uncle and all, but he’s not all that he seems.” Hunter left it at that and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I tried to shake myself out of his arm, but he just held on tighter as we walked to my house.

We stood in front of it for a second before I turned to walk away. “Whoa, so you’re just going to leave without saying goodbye? That’s rude May, especially for a goody-two shoe who doesn’t hate anyone.”

“Bye Hunter,” I uttered walking away, trying to seem like I wasn’t interested in his company. He grabbed my hand which sent butterflies to my stomach.

“You know how you were checking me out today?” He asked and I was about to refuse his allegation but he finished before I could, “I was meaning to tell you I was checking you out too. If you wore more flattering clothes I’d be able to see what lies under that sweater.”

My face scrunched in embarrassment again and I pushed him, “Too far, Hunter.” I mumbled embarrassed.

“I bet if you wore a tight tank-top you’d be so hot I could serve you with a side of eggs.” I didn’t know whether to be flattered or offended. I went with offended though. I slapped his hands away and glared at him.

He held his hands up in surrender “Okay, okay I get it. Ha, well I’ll see you tonight. We’re going out whether you like it or not.” He said it with a smile, which I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get out of this without a strong fight. I didn’t like that look on his face. But little did I know that this would be just the beginning.

Now when I caught myself, I had to stop myself from saying something that I should've never thought of you
You got it, you got it, some kind of magic. Hypnotic, hypnotic, you're leaving me breathless
I hate this, I hate this, you're not the one I believe in with God as my witness-Paramore, I Caught Myself

I swear it'll get funnier. Its always the characters just starting to get to know each other that's boring. I have so much planned with Hunter's comments it crazy lol. Please COMMENT AND VOTE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 84.1K 36
Tutoring the Bad Boy. ~~ He smirked. "Whoops! Look who has read 50 Shades of Grey. Trust me getting kinky is almost every guys dream. I knew you had...
403K 10K 44
"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you whøre behind my back!" He shouted a vein...
22.7M 774K 50
"Your problem is that your heart is too big, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you weak." He spoke in such certainty that it brought tears to my eye...
240K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...