Love's Sorrow (Under Edits)

By imaginary_hero

Damian Wayne has it all. Money, girlfriend, good looks, big house and fame but he doesn't seem to care about... More

Chapter 1: Friday Evenings
Chapter 2: Winter Wind
Chapter 3: A Night Off
Chapter 4: Gotham Gossip
Chapter 5: Popularity
Chapter 6: Control Your Rage
Chapter 7: In The Rain
Chapter 8: Backstory
Chapter 9: Night of The Clair de Lune
Chapter 10: Backstage Scandals
Chapter 11: Cafe Noir
Chapter 12: Like Father Like Son
Chapter 13: work it out
Chapter 14: maybe he will be proud?
Chapter 15: Memory of Martha
Chapter 16: grayson pays a visit
Chapter 17: happy shoppers
Chapter 18: okay.
Chapter 19| Bring donuts
Chapter 20: bird bros
Chapter 21: Ethan makes enemies
Chapter 22: I promise.
Chapter 23: results and realisation
Chapter 24: all fun and games till someone loses an eye.
Chapter 25: cat videos
Chapter 26: no more gotham
Chapter 27: mary mary quite contrary
Chapter 28: mindful milkshakes
Chapter 29: Ethan's Return
Chapter 30: rivalry gets out of hand
Chapter 31: prince's and peasants
Chapter 32: grumpy grannies
Chapter 33: lucky
Chapter 34: pink and purple
Chapter 35: not the greatest
Chapter 36: north or south
Chapter 37: lets talk
Chapter 39: Damian the good guy.
Chapter 40: There was two
Chapter 41: Grieving & Gotham
Chapter 42: recover & restart
Chapter 43: The Unexpected.
Chapter 44: metu mortis
Chapter 45: That damn ocean
Chapter 46| The devil's delight
Chapter 47| action reaction
Chapter 48| The beginning of the End
Chapter 49| Till the very end
Chapter 50| Ever after

Chapter 38| Pencils are sharp

4.5K 109 217
By imaginary_hero

When Elena got home, she was tired. Sam was doing his homework in the sitting room. The house was quiet. "Hey kiddo",Elena said and she sat down beside him. "Hey Elena",Sam said looking at his worksheet. "How was school?",Elena sat back on the sofa. "It was okay",he sighed. Elena saw Sam wasn't his lively self. "Sam? What's up?",Elena scuffled his blonde Curley hair. "Nothing.",he said not looking at her. "Sam..come on what's wrong ?",Elena picked him up and put him on her lap. "You can tell me..",elena smiled.

Elena's father came out of his office and he was in the hallway and he was about to go into the sitting room when he heard Elena's voice.

He looked around the corner and saw Sam sitting on Elena's lap. "You promise you won't tell anyone?",Sam looked up at her. "Cross my heart, hope to die",Elena crossed her heart. Sam laughed "stick a needle in my eye",they both said at the same time and laughed.

Elena's dad watched and smirked to himself. "Elena can I ask you something ?",Sam fiddled with his pencil. "Go ahead",she smiled.

"Is dad gonna die?",Sam asked beginning to cry.

Elena's dad felt sick to his stomach. Sam wasn't meant to know anything about that.

Elena hesitated. She wasn't expecting him to say that. "S-Sam",she was stuttered. "I'm right aren't I?",he said crying. "Where did you hear that?!?",she hugged him tightly. "I heard mom and dad last night talking and dad said he was dying! And mom was crying! She never cries! And-that's why dad is in a wheelchair isn't it?",he cried loudly. "Shh Sam it's okay", Elena said quietly.

She was surprised the 4 year old was able to pick up on this. "He's dying isn't he?", Sam said quietly. Elena wrapped her arms around him.

"Sam..but you knew he was sick for along time now..",she tried to comfort him. Elena's father sat in the darkness of the hallway.

"I don't want him to die",he cried. "Neither do I kiddo",her voice weakened. "Neither do I",she said again. "But you'll have me and mom okay?",she said and her grip on Sam became tighter. "Don't leave me too okay",he hugged her tightly. "Not in a million years Sam",she promised.

Elena's dad just went back to his office. He couldn't handle his kids crying especially over him.

Sam and Elena hugged for little longer and the Elena told him not to look so sad when mom and dad see him.

He nodded and smiled. "Now finish your homework",Elena smirked as she walked up to her room. Elena closed the door behind her and slid down the door and put her head in her knees.

Orphan poked her head in the window as she took a bite out of her the apple she was eating.

Orphan had just setup for the night and this time she had brought a stash of food to last her the night.

She watched as Elena got up and and grabbed her folder on her bed and threw it at her study desk furiously and all the piano sheets floated out.

One floated out the slightly opened window. "Oh-uh",orphan followed the floating sheet to the ground before it hit the wet soil and grabbed it.

She picked it up and went back up to her branch that she had been sitting on. She left it on Elena's windowsill.

Elena played the piano for a little while. Cassandra loved when she did this. Cassandra loved classical music. Cassandra daze was interrupted by some off key notes. Elena had slammed down on random keys of the piano furiously. Cassandra was surprised, Elena was more stressed then usual, Cassandra knew by her body language. She was tense.

Suddenly there was a knock on Elena's bedroom door. Elena froze and so did Cassandra, Cassandra retreated into the shadows of the tree. Elena straighten herself up and opened the door.

It was Sam. "Dad wants to talk to you",he said. "Oh right gimme a sec",she smiled and closed the door. Elena pulled her hair and screamed into her pillow. Cassandra laughed lightly.

She found Elena's nervous breakdowns entertaining some times. Elena fixed her ponytail and cleared her throat and she opened her door and walked down stairs.

Elena knew her dad was in his office. He barely left it these days.

She opened the door slowly. "You wanted to talk to me?",she said as she closed it behind her. "Yeah I did",he was turned away from her. "Soooo?",Elena was waiting. He sighed.

"I'm sorry",he said.

Elena hesitated. "Dad, it's fine really",Elena laughed nervously. "No it's not Elena I jumped to conclusions without even asking you I'm sorry",he sighed. "I'm sorry too, I didn't mean to shout at you", Elena rubbed her arm. "I was being a stubborn butt head",he sighed. "It's just....",he hesitated.

He turned around and faced her. "I'm not gonna be here for much longer and when I learned you and Damian were a thing I freaked, I was upset you hadn't told me the minute you guys..you know got together and it was wrong of me to judge Damian straight away",he looked at her. "Dad...I should have told you..I know that now it's just I never thought it was a big deal",she looked away and shrugged her shoulders. "Elena..of course it's a big deal! My little girl is growing up",he smiled weakly. "And I'm not going to be there to see you",his eyes became misty. "Dad..",Elena rubbed her eyes. "No no I'm fine",he laughed and he took his glasses off and pinched the bridge of his nose. "You and Sam are the light of my life, I need you to 2 to be there for each other, okay?",he looked up at her. "Of course dad!",she smiled.

Elena ran over and hugged him. "Take care of each other okay, just promise me that",he held her tighter.

Elena nodded. They let go and Elena and her dad laughed. "You better get shopping",he smirked. "What are on about?",she laughed.

"What? You really think I'm gonna die without meeting mr. Damian?", he crossed his arms. Elena s eyes. widen."wait..does that mean?",she looked at him.

Her father took down the letter from the notice bored. "Your mother has the worst fashion sense, your going to have to help her",he looked at the letter. "We are going?",she smiled at him.

He nodded. "Dad your awesome!",she smiled. "On one condition..you introduce me to Damian",he sighed. "Of course you will love him!

He reads your books and everything",Elena was filled with hope. "Haha I already like him",he smiled.

After Elena left his office. Her father turned on his computer and went on to his emails and emailed Bruce's secretary to let him know that they were going to attend.

Bruce was in his office on the top floor of his building, he was getting ready to leave when his secretary knocked on his glass door. "Mr. Wayne?",she fixed her glasses. "Yes?",he said as he put back a book on his shelf. "I thought I'd let you know that 7 more guests have confirmed that they can come to next weeks charity event",she looked at her tablet in her hand. "And they are?",he didn't even look at her as he tidied his desk. "Mr. Hal Jordan",she said.

Bruce sighed. "I don't recall sending him an invite.",he groaned. "Ms. Catherine Kane, your cousin",she said. "That's surprising she usually doesn't show up to my events",he closed down his computer. "Mr. Oliver Queen from star city",she said. "Wonderful at least he can keep Hal Jordan company",Bruce shook his head.

"And the smith family?",she said confused she hadn't heard about them before.

Bruce looked at her. "Including Mr. smith?",he asked. She looked at her tablet. "Samuel. J smith, the author, is that him?",she asked. Bruce raised an eyebrow. "Show me that",he walked over to her and took the tablet from her. He scrolled through the list.
Samuel. J smith
Clare smith
Elena smith
Sam smith
"Elena's father is Samuel. J smith the author?!?",Bruce was surprised. "Well yes isn't that why you invited him?",the secretary asked.

He didn't answer that. "Send me his email address",he gave her back the tablet. "Of course and we now have over 300 guests",she smiled.

Bruce sighed and smiled. "That's wonderful",he gave her a faint smile.
Suddenly there was an alert over her intercom.

"Mr. Wayne, mr. pennyworth is here to take you home",she told him. Bruce looked down at the street far below him and saw Alfred's car parked. "Right I'll make my way down now",he picked up his briefcase and his coat. "thank you for your assistance",he nodded at her. "Of course",she went red.

Bruce took his private elevator down to reception. "Have a good evening mr. Wayne",the lady at the front desk said to him. "Same to you",he nodded. The doorman opened the door for Bruce. "See you tomorrow sir",the old man said to Bruce. "Goodnight mr. Ducard",Bruce said as he put up his umbrella and he made a run for the car.

Bruce sat into the car and sighed. "Evening master Bruce",Alfred said. "Hey alf",Bruce said as he took out his phone. There was a cough from the back of the car.

Bruce looked behind him. "Damian? What the hell are you doing here?",he asked. Damian was sitting with his arms crossed pouting and he had a graze on his cheek. "Master Damian decided to help me pick up your laundry from the dry cleaners",Alfred began driving. "We both know that's not true Alf",Bruce raised and eyebrow. "Him and master Tim had a little quarrel..again",Alfred looked at Bruce.

Bruce sighed. "Little?, he punched me in the face!",Damian said angrily pointing at his graze. "Only because you questioned his intelligence master Damian",Alfred looked in his mirror. "I thought taking Damian for a ride would calm him down and give Tim time to cool down as well",Alfred said to Bruce.

Bruce sighed. "You two need to start getting along, you can't go one day without bickering at each other, you need to able to rely on one another especially in the line of work we do",Bruce looked back at Damian.

Damian looked away with a sour face. Bruce rolled his eyes. "Just try and keep the peace the night of the charity event",he held the bridge of his nose. "Can't make any promises",Damian said angrily. "Well I'm sure you won't want to make a scene in front of Elena and her family",Bruce smirked and opened his briefcase and took out his laptop.

Damian looked at him. "You mean she's coming?",he asked. "Just got an email from her father saying they will all be attending",he said opening up his emails. Damian smirked to himself. "Damian",Bruce said not looking from his laptop. "Yes?",Damian answered. "Are you hiding something from me?",he asked as he went through his emails.

Damian went red. "What do you mean father?",he blurted out. "Damian you really think you could hide that from me?",Bruce said as he opened an email from Clark, Clark had sent photos of Lex Luthor's new weapon for Bruce analyse. "I Haven't hidden anything from you",Damian said nervous, he couldn't lie to his father. Bruce turned around and looked at Damian.

"Damian, I'm batman", Bruce raised an eyebrow.

Damian sighed. "What gave it away?",Damian took out his phone. "First of all, your lock screen of your phone is picture of Elena and you, when you were unwell you'd wake up and your first concern was Elena, you seem happier all of a sudden, you snuck out to make sure Elena wasn't mad at you, like come on even Hal Jordan could figure that out. ",Bruce deducted.

"Elena changed the lock screen not me",he looked down at his phones screen. "And you let her near your phone",Bruce added. "She stole it",Damian added. "You let her steal it",Bruce smirked.

Damian didn't answer that. But Bruce was right Damian had left his guard down around Elena.

Bruce left that night for his usual batman routine, Damian begged him to let him come but Bruce wouldn't let Damian as it was a "school night" and Damian had exams coming up and he needed to study, Damian was offended that his father thought such a thing.

The next day Damian came to school the next day forgetting about the graze on his cheek. He's gone to school with stitches before a graze was nothing.

For the day Damian didn't meet Elena till the end of the day.

She stared at the graze on is cheek. She squinted at it. "you gonna tell me what happened?",she crossed her arms as they walked out from school. "It's nothing",he didn't look at her. "It's never nothing Damian, with you",Elena rolled her eyes. "Seriously, nothing to be concerned about Elena",he explained.

He knew he was screwed if she ever saw him after a night of crime fighting. "Let me guess your big mouth got the better of you and someone decided they didn't like what you said...that someone being Tim?",she looked at him smirking. "How'd you know?",Damian said a little embarrassed. "Oh please, the day you brought me home Tim nearly knocked you out cold",Elena reminded him.

Damian scoffed. "Please!, he did not,",Damian denied. "Sure.",Elena smirked. Damian was silent as he was half sulking.

Elena noticed this was where Damian had to stop walking and she had to continue without him.

She sighed. Without warning she stretched up and pecked his cheek.

That pulled Damian from his sulk. "I gotta get going",she smiled as she walked ahead. "You know I could get Alfred to drop you home",he really didn't like her walking home alone. "I'll be fine, it's still bright",Elena smiled.

He sighed. It was no use, her smile meant she had decided and she wasn't changing her mind anytime soon.

For the rest of the week they did this, as they didn't have time during school to talk.

Everyday Damian tried to convince her to come with him but she always denied politely as possible. But he wasn't giving up. Elena just didn't want to be a bother for Alfred or anyone her house was only a few blocks away so she didn't mind walking, Damian seemed to be making a big deal out of nothing, but she knew deep down what he meant.

Gotham wasn't exactly the most safest place to walk home from school, especially when you where a teenage girl and had a Gotham academy crest stuck to your chest but Elena felt her neighbourhood was okay, it was in the suburbs which wasn't as bad as the city centre.

Saturday morning Elena got a text. She was surprised. It was from Stephanie.

Elena nearly cried when she saw the text. Stephanie wanted Elena to come see her. She offered to have Alfred come pick Elena up, but Elena said she was fine, she'd walk. Elena set out early that morning.

She left Sam eating pancakes and watching Steven universe in his pj's. Her father was in his office probably working.

It was a frosty morning in Gotham. It was mid November so the snow would be coming soon. Elena stuffed her hands in her pockets of her coat and she looked around at her surroundings.

Everything had been cover in a light blanket of frost and it was misty. Gotham was still just waking up. Elena didn't go her usual route, she decided to take a short cut, she couldn't wait until to see Stephanie. She saw a police car pass her, it was driving slowly probably because of the slippy road.

Its sirens were off so it was probably on patrol. She kept walking until she turned the corner of the street.

She stopped, there had been a car crash, well at least what looked like one. A black ford mondeo had crashed into the wall and there were vines everywhere and flowers randomly growing on the road and all over the crashed car.

There were ambulances and police cars crowded around. There was also a vehicle from Arkham asylum. A walkway had been made for bypassers, so Elena went that way. She saw the abnormally large vines and was amazed by the size of them and she knew the only thing that could have caused them, poison ivy.

"Stop!",someone shouted. Elena froze. Elena slowly looked around her. Her mouth dropped. It was poison ivy, in a containment unit, waiting to be loaded onto the Arkham asylum vehicle. She was looking straight at Elena.

She didn't look threatening, she looked distraught. Elena looked around and there was no one around she pointed at herself. "Me?",she looked at ivy. "Yes you",she looked worried. "Look behind you",she pointed. Elena slowly looked around. All Elena saw was a baterang.

This meant batman had been here. Elena looked around at ivy confused, she didn't understand what she meant. Then Elena saw something in the corner of her eye, a flower.

It was beautiful. It was a blue the same colour of the ocean. "It's a geranium,there are only a few left in the world.",ivy said. "Its dying",ivy said sadly. "Please help it, I can feel it dying",she begged. Elena was unsure on what to do. She looked closely at the flower, it was wilting slightly, Elena followed the roots of the little flower up the wall until she met with the baterang again. She noticed the baterang was stuck into the root.

Elena took down her hood. Ivy thought she seemed familiar as if she'd seen Elena on TV. Elena took the baterang from the root and the root healed itself straight away and the flower healed as well.

Ivy sighed in relief. "Thank you",ivy sighed. "No problem",Elena said as she stuffed the baterang into her pocket. "Elena right?",ivy smiled.

Elena stopped and looked at ivy. "I saw you on the TV",ivy smiled. "I gotta go.."Elena said quietly. "I owe you one Elena, don't worry",she said as Elena walked away.

Elena finally made it to the manor. As she walked up the drive way she noticed something in her perspective. A black and white cat asleep in a tree. Elena didn't think Damian had a cat.

She thought it must be wild. When she came to the door she knocked and was sure no one had heard her until Bruce opened the door. He looked down at Elena. "Ms.elena!, I see you made it! Stephanie said you were coming",he said as he sipped his coffee. "Hi Bruce",Elena said nervously, she always was nervous around him.

"Stephanie and Tim are in the gym down the hall to the right",Bruce pointed down the hall. "Thank you",she said as she started to make her way down. "Oh Damian is still in bed, he was up late last night",Bruce said. "Oh right",Elena smiled. "Alfred I'll be in my office, if you need me",Bruce shouted as he left Elena.

Elena popped her head in the door. "Elena!",Stephanie shouted. Elena looked around and saw Stephanie was holding onto to bars and was using them to help her stand up but the minute she saw Elena she lost her balance and fell and Tim caught her. "Take it easy Steph!",he said as he helped her onto her wheelchair. "Yeah yeah",she mimicked him.

Elena didn't like what she was seeing. She didn't like seeing Stephanie like this. Stephanie held out her arms. "Get your butt over here Elena",she smiled and Elena dropped her bag and ran to her arms. "I missed you so much",Elena sobbed. "You saved my life!",she cried. "I was so scared I was gonna lose you!",Elena cried. "Well I'm still here",Stephanie laughed.

Bruce went down to the cave, he noticed the lights were already on. Which was odd. He continued on to his chair by the bat computer and turned it on. "Morning father",Damian's voice echoed through the cave. Bruce turned around and saw Damian holding a bowl of cat food, he was wearing sweatpants and a tank top. "Damian? Last time you checked your were still in bed",Bruce turned back to his computer. "Yes last time you checked which was 9 minutes and 13 seconds ago, since then I have gotten up and began feeding my pets",Damian said he went over and took out a large bowl of water for Titus.

Damian looked around. "Alfred?",Damian said. "Alfred is upstairs organising catering for the charity event this Friday",Bruce said as he opened up his file on his fight with ivy last night on the computer, "no not that Alfred, my Alfred",Damian said leaving down the cat bowl.

"Your cat? No I haven't seen him since last night just before we left for our mission last night",Bruce sipped his coffee again. Damian began calling for his cat around the cave.

"How are you?",Elena asked as she sat on a yoga ball. "I've been better",Stephanie sighed. "And no this ain't permanent, if your wondering",Stephanie pointed at the wheelchair. "Oh thank god",Elena sighed with relief she had been begging to ask that question."Elena I swear I owe you my life!",Stephanie smiled. "No I owe you a shopping trip",Elena chuckled. "Oh yeah you do",Stephanie burst out laughing. "I'm lost", Tim said awkwardly. "Well I owe you a dress",Stephanie pointed at her. "I owe you a dress", Elena pointed at her.

They both laughed. "Okay before you run off on me cause right now I'll never catch up with you, you and Damian, don't spare a thing tell me everything.",Stephanie squealed.

Elena went red and looked at Tim annoyed, knowing he was the one who spelled the beans. Tim put up his hand in defence.

Before Elena could begin, she was interupted by shouting coming down the hallway towards the gym and who else could it be only Damian.

"TIMOTHY JACKSON DRAKE",he yelled. Tim looked at Stephanie and Elena with confusion and a little fear in his eyes.

Damian burst in the door furious. He saw Elena. but then he remembered his goal and passed by her and grabbed Tim by the scruff of the neck. Damian wasn't joking,he was bursting with rage.

"Damian let go of me",tim said calmly. "Where. Is. Alfred?!?",he held his fist. "In the kitchen",Tim spat out. "MY ALFRED",he screamed. Stephanie put her hand on Damian. "Damian why don't you just take breather?",she smiled. "STAY OUT THIS BROWN",he pushed her wheelchair and it wheeled backwards.

Elena grabbed it and stopped it. Elena was losing her patience with Damian. Tim looked at Stephanie then looked at Damian furiously. "Don't touch her!",he yelled at Damian and he kicked Damian in the stomach.

And it began. Damian let go to catch his breath. "OH NOW YOUR IN FOR IT DRAKE",he coughed and then he ran at Tim.

He threw Tim against a thread mill. Tim groaned with the pain in his back. Damian looked down at Tim. "I trusted you!",he said coldly.

Tim swipped Damian's legs from under him and Damian fell down. "You finally lost it", Tim said pissed off.

Damian hopped up and got into a fighting stance. "Your the one who lost it",Damian looked at him. "You promised you would feed Alfred, while I was out last night! And now he's gone! It's all your fault!",Damian yelled and he ran Tim at again. Tim stepped out of the way.

"Just because I forgot to feed your stupid cat doesn't mean you try to beat the crap out of me",Tim yelled. "He was my cat!",Damian said beginning to get upset. "You know what your becoming more like your mother every damn day , your such a self absorbed maniac who thinks people have nothing else to do in their damn lives but tend to you needs!",Tim yelled. "Enough both of you.",Elena stood in the middle of them.

Stephanie gasped.

Rule no.1 in the Wayne house:You never compare Damian to his mother.

Damian's face changed from anger to fear. Damian stood back in fear he looked at his hands they were shaking.Tim realised what he had done. "Damian, I-",Tim reached out for him. "Tim we are leaving ",stephanie glared at him.

Tim looked at Stephanie and nodded and he put his head down. He took the handles. "You stay here",she said to Elena.

As Tim and Stephanie past Damian. He went for Tim again except he wasn't angry just upset. But Elena got in front of him. "Okay hey take it easy!",she grabbed his arms.

Tim and Stephanie left. Stephanie punched him in the arm. "You idiot!",she said through her teeth. "Should I get Bruce?",Tim said ashamed at what he had said. "Not yet Elena may be able to bring him around, besides Bruce will kill you if you finds out you said that to him",she said annoyed.

There was silence. When Damian knew it was clear that Stephanie and Tim had left, he started panicking.

Elena let go of him. She wasn't sure what to do. Damian started walking around nervously and then he saw the yoga ball, he kicked it so hard against the wall it popped.

A loud pop sound echoed around the manor. Elena flinched at the sound. She didn't know he was that strong.

Alfred sighed from the kitchen. "There goes another yoga ball",he rolled his eyes.

Elena had enough. She grabbed Damian's arms. "Hey stop, hey look at me Damian",she smiled at him. "I'm not like my mother, I can't be! I won't be!",he couldn't catch his breath.

"Your not! You just have a bit of a temper that's all nothing to worry about",she said trying to stop him from moving around. "Tim's right as usual, I'm a self absorbed maniac",he rubbed his hand through his hair. "Tim didn't mean that! And if you were a self absorbed maniac I wouldn't be here okay?",she looked up at him.

"Just take it easy",she said gently. Elena cupped Damian's face in her hands. Her hands were warm.

Damian sighed. "How do you put up with me?",he looked at her.

Elena smiled. "Hey I'm as stubborn as you are",she laughed. He put his hands around her waist. "What I've heard, you are nothing like your mother and you never will be, your around good people and they won't let you, I won't let you",she smiled.

"I'll take your word on that",he sighed.

"You said you lost your cat?",Elena smiled. Damian frowned. "Yeah..Tim must have been busy with Stephanie and forgot to feed him last night, I was out...killing weeds",he mumbled the last part. "Well I know this is along shot..but there's a cat in a tree down by your driveway",Elena shrugged her shoulders.

Damian looked at her. "What colour?!?",he grabbed her shoulders and his eyes widened. "Black and white",Elena was pretty sure.

"That's him!!",he smiled. "Quickly show me where you saw him!",he grabbed her hand and he made a run for it. Down the stairs out the front door and down the the long driveway.

Damian looked back at her. "Show me!",he persuaded. Elena had never thought she'd see Damian this desperate. Elena looked around.

She spotted the black and white feline asleep in the tree. "Up there",she pointed. Damian looked up. "Pennyworth!",Damian said relieved.

Damian ran at the tree, jumped, grabbed a branch, pulled himself up, picked up Alfred and jumped down.

Elena's mouth dropped. "You are joking right?",Elena said, not realising Damian had such high skill in gymnastics. "What?",Damian said confused.

Elena shook her head."nevermind",Elena sighed. They walked back in the driveway and Tim and Stephanie were waiting at the door for them. "Yay! You found him!",Stephanie said delighted.

Tim was silent. "He just wanted some fresh air",Damian let his cat down and the cat disappeared into the halls of the house. "Tim has something he wants to tell you",Stephanie stuck her elbow into Tim's waist.

Tim winced in pain and sighed. Tim looked at Damian. "I'm sorry for what I said, I got caught up in the moment",Tim explained. "I don't think your like her, your the very opposite of her",he added. Elena waited for the reaction.

Damian's face gave no expressions. "I accept your apology drake, and I admit I do tend to overreact sometimes and I usually take my negative feelings out on you and for that I apologise",Damian face didn't change.

Stephanie wasn't expecting that. Neither was Tim. The 2 stood froze by this new side of Damian. "Now will you excuse me but I'm going to escort Elena home",he said as he picked up his jacket and before Tim and Stephanie could say goodbye,Damian had Elena gone.

"You can stop speed walking now",Elena said as Damian dragged her along.

Damian stopped. "Elena I understand your legs are small but come on, I'm only walking at a normal pace that every human being should be walking at",Damian smirked. "Oh shut it",she pouted. "I'm only stating the facts",he didn't see anything wrong with what he said.

Damian kept walking at this pace, until he noticed Elena was really struggling to keep up so he slowed down. "You okay?",he asked.

"Yeah, I think, we just ran 5 miles in the space of 10 minutes that's all",she panted. "Sorry, I needed to get as far away from Steph and Tim as possible",he sighed. "I can see that",she said catching her breath.

They talked until they reached Elena's house. "Thanks for walking me home, but I would have been fine",she crossed her arms. "Thank you for not letting me spur into a phase of anger and remorse.",he shrugged his shoulders. "Anytime",Elena laughed and rolled her eyes.

Damian pecked the top of her head. Elena looked up at him surprised at what he just did.

"You've done it to me all week it was about time I returned the favour",he smirked. Elena went red. "Ahem",someone cleared their throat. It was Elena's father at the front door.

Damian and Elena looked at each other at the same time then looked at Elena's father.

"Dad..",Elena finally got out. Damian was frozen still staring at her father. He had never been so nervous in his entire life, and he was never nervous. "Hello Damian",the man crossed his arms.

For once Damian didn't know what to say. "Say hi",Elena whispered. "Hi",Damian scratched the back of his head nervously. Elena facepalmed, Damian's had lost all his courage in seconds.

There was an awkward silence. "See you on Monday",Elena smiled. "Oh yeah",Damian smiled back. "Goodbye mr. Smith",Damian waved as he walked away. "Nice to meet you Damian",her father glared.

Damian sat on the roof of the Wayne enterprise building. Red robin swung in. "Hey batman's looking for you",he said.

Robin didn't answer. "Robin?",red robin looked at him. "Leave me be",Robin sighed. "Bats sent me to come get you because you weren't answering you coms",red robin explained. "I just needed some time to think to myself",Robin looked away. "Never thought anything would bother the mighty Robin",red robin crossed his arms.

Robin looked around. "I never said anything was bothering me",he glared at red robin.

"Dude",red robin looked at him. Robin knew Tim wasn't stupid. "What were you like when you met Stephanie's dad?",Robin blurted out.

Red robin sat down beside him and laughed. "Ha Stephanie's dad is cluemaster remember? The only times I've ever met him was when I sucker punched him in the face for stealing some tech from Wayne tech and when I had to pull Stephanie off him because she nearly killed him",red robin laughed.

Damian suddenly didn't feel as ashamed about his first meeting with Elena's dad.

The week flew and the next thing Elena knew she was sitting in a hair salon waiting area while her mother was getting her hair done for the charity event. "El are you sure you don't want to get your hair fixed up for tonight?",her mother begged her as the hairdresser clipped her hair.

Elena looked up at her mother and raised an eyebrow and raised the magazine she was pretending to reading up to her face. "I'll take that as a no",her mother sighed.

Elena spotted a magazine in the corner of her eye. It was the one about Damian and Lola from a few months ago that she had thrown away. She picked it up and read the interview.

She started laughing because everything Damian said was fake. It said how he loved social events and Elena cringed as she knew it had been edited by the company.

Suddenly she found herself getting annoyed at the photos of the two of them and she saw a bin and she threw the magazine inside when no one was looking. She couldn't bare to see Lola's face.

Elena had bought a dress a few days before while video chatting Stephanie for advice, since Bruce wouldn't let her leave the manor because the paparazzi were bursting for stories on the Wayne's since the charity event was the biggest thing Gotham had going.

Stephanie in a wheelchair was a perfect story but the night of the charity event she was going to have no choice but go down the red carpet in the wheelchair.

Damian had told Elena not to worry about transport as they would collect them, she was coming with him and his family and her family would be given a ride in another vehicle because technically they were vip guests but Elena was with the Wayne's.

The doorbell rang and Sam opened the door. "Hey mr. Damian",Sam smiled in his little outfit. "Good evening Sam you are looking handsome", Damian smirked.
Sam

Damian

"Is you sister around?",Damian asked jokingly. "Yeah mom is trying to get her to wear the high shoes, but I think moms losing",Sam blurted out.

Damian chuckled."that's Elena alright",he laughed. Damian noticed the suitcases stacked up beside the door. Then he remembered Elena's parents were leaving tomorrow, he had totally forgotten.

"Master Bruce stop complaining, this is your charity event your going whether you like it or not",Alfred said to Bruce as they waited in the car for Damian and Elena. "I've more important things to be doing",Bruce pouted.

"Well just use this time to spend with the Damian and the others",Alfred sighed. "Bruce it'll be fun",dick reassured him as he sat beside starfire. "Yes I agree",Tim said from the opposite side of the limo with Stephanie beside him.
Bruce

Dick

Starfire

Tim

Stephanie

Bruce sighed, "of course I want to spend time with you guys but these events are harder then taking on darkseid at times",Bruce sighed.

Selina laughed, and put her hand on Bruce's lap. "Please tell me your joking on that one",she said. Bruce sighed. "Wish I was",he smiled.

Everyone in Gotham was waiting to see what Selina Kyle was going to wear as she was Bruce's longest girlfriend he's had so far and her style influenced the next season of fashion.
Selina

"Where's Jason?",starfire asked. "He's going to be late he has to pick up his date",Tim smirked.

"Pfft Jason has date? That's the best thing I've heard all day",dick laughed. "Cass you okay?",Stephanie looked at her and smiled, Cassandra feared social events.
Cassandra

Stephanie fixed the bow in Cassandra's hair and smiled. "You look beautiful",Stephanie smiled. "You prettier",she smiled nervously. "I agree with Cass",Tim butted in. "You look stunning",he smiled at Stephanie. Stephanie went red.

Elena's mother came down the stairs. "Hi Damian!",she smiled at him as she walked over to him.

Elena mom

She gave off a much more friendly vibe, then Elena's father did. "Sorry about the wait, she's nearly ready",she said nervously. "Take your time",Damian said stuffing his hands in his pocket. "Clare! Where are my glasses?",Elena's dad wheeled in. He looked up. "I can't see you properly but I know it's you Damian",he raised an eyebrow.

Damian waved nervously. "Hi mr. Smith",he said nervously.
Elena's dad

Elena's mom handed him his glasses. He put them on. "Evening Damian, I hope to see you this evening",he smiled. Damian was surprised.

Damian nodded. "Sam come on I need you to help me pack for my trip",Elena's dad said to Sam. "Okay, am I coming?",Sam asked as the left the room. "Not this time kiddo",Elena's dad sighed.

"Mom, I know you hid my converse",Elena appeared a the top of the stairs and she leaned against the banister.

Damian thought she looked lovely and he smiled when he saw her but Elena was to busy scowling at her mother.

Elena

"Elena, you aren't wearing converse to the charity event",Elena's mother sighed.

Damian looked down at his feet as he was wearing converse. "I'm going to trip and fall in front of everyone and live television ",Elena raised an eyebrow. "You won't",Damian butted in. "See! Even Damian agrees",her mother smiled. "Whose side are you on?",Elena tilted her head at Damian. "You've worn them before",Damian felt he knew to much on this subject, but that's what he gets for living with Stephanie.

Elena held onto the banister as she made her way down. "If I fall it's on you two",she pointed at Damian and her mother. "Your transport is waiting as well, but as requested you guys will come in a different entrance",Damian nodded. "Thank you ",Elena's mother smiled.

Elena's father didn't want any photographs and he knew there would be so Bruce made sure Elena's family could enter through a back entrance "see you later",Elena mother waved as Damian and Elena left.

Elena and Damian sat in and was greeted by the others. "Greetings! I am koriander!",she greeted Elena and she shook Elena's hand. "Oh heh, nice to meet you properly koriander",Elena laughed. "That's Cassandra, she's a little shy",Bruce nodded at Cass. "Hi Cassandra nice to meet you",Elena smiled. "Hi",Cassandra smiled nervously. "Okay so before we go out on the red carpet, does everyone remember what to do?",dick said. "Ahem",Steph said and she nodded at Elena. "Oh right, heh Elena this is your first time",dick laughed.

Elena felt awkward. "All you gotta do is smile, wave at the cameras and walk with Damian , oh and try not loose your vision from the flashing lights",dick explained. "Wait what",the last part had Elena a little alerted.

Damian grabbed her hand. "If I can do it you can definitely do it, so don't worry",he reassured her. "You know what I'm gonna suck it up and walk the red carpet",Stephanie said.

"Stephanie..",Bruce said worried. "No, I can't be seen like that",Stephanie was having last minute thoughts. "Steph...you know what you and me will go that back entrance",Tim said. "Yes that's perfect!!",Stephanie liked that idea. "Alfred take us around the back first",Bruce said.

"Of course master Bruce.",Alfred said and he drove around the back first and dropped Tim and Stephanie out first.

Elena could hear shouting outside the car and screaming and people saying, 'they are here!'
Bruce took a deep breath and put on a handsome smile.

Alfred got out and opened the car door for Bruce and Bruce got out and the flashing of cameras began and people screaming and fangirling. Bruce waved and then took Selina's hand she got out and she waved and smiled as well and the camera flashing got faster and much more brighter.

Next was dick and kori and Elena nearly went deaf with the girls screaming about dick Grayson. She didn't blame them, he was a handsome guy and koriander was like a model.

Next was Elena and Damian. Elena looked back at Cassandra who seemed to be lost without Stephanie. "Damian wait, what about Cassandra",Elena asked. Damian then remembered, Cassandra usually walked with him and now she had no one.

"Alfred, Cassandra can't walk by herself",Damian said to Alfred. "Don't worry master Damian, I've thought of that and I got that covered.",he nodded at duke who was standing beside him. "Hey Damian",duke smiled at Damian. "Evening duke",Damian had no idea where duke had came from, he got out and the cameras went wild.

Damian was the boy every teenage girl wanted right now and no one was expecting for Damian to hold out his hand and Elena to get out.

The crowds went crazy and reporters started shouting questions at them. Elena smiled at the cameras and Damian linked her arm and did his trademark smirk.

Elena was doing her best not to trip in her shoes. Elena's friends from school watched from their TVs and they screamed when they saw her and fangirled.

Finally Damian and Elena were out of camera view and Elena sighed and stopped smiling."jeez I can't feel my jaw",she as she held her jaw. "Eh you get use to it",Damian shrugged his shoulders. "By now reporters will have connected the dots and you and I will be plastered over every screen in Gotham",he sighed. "Seriously?",Elena groaned.

Soon Elena and Damian entered the main ball room. And Elena was overwhelmed by the amount of guests. "You okay?",Damian looked at her. "Hmm? Yeah yeah I'm fine",Elena smiled nervously.

Elena could feel the pairs of eyes watching her every move. She noticed there was a stage. "There's a stage? Is there going to be a performance ",Elena asked. "Actually yes, my father is sponsoring a new song and has joined with a record label, the song debuts tonight",Damian explained. "Awesome, can't wait to hear it",Elena said as she looked around.

"Hey Damian!",Jon said from behind. Elena and Damian turned and was greeted by a geeky looking boy with black rimmed glasses and his father who was practically an older version of Jon and lois. "Jon, glad you could make it, this is Elena",Damian introduced her.

Jon took one look at Elena and went red. He had seen her from a distance but never up close and he thought she was beautiful. "Ah so your the great Jonathan Kent!",Elena held out her for Jon to shake it.

Jon took her hand and shook it. "Ehehe that's some grip you got going there!",Elena laughed. "Oh sorry", Jon said nervously.
Jon

Clark

Lois

"Clark.",Damian nodded at Clark. "Lois",Damian nodded at lois.

He grabbed Elena's hand and dragged her off. "Big fan of your guys work",Elena said to lois and Clark as she was dragged off. "Nice to meet you to Jon!",Elena waved at him as she disappeared into the crowd.

"Ah! Damian long time no see!",Barry Allen said as he nearly bumped into him.
Barry

"Great Allen..",Damian sighed. Barry then saw Elena. "Hey! How's the eye?",he remembered her. "It's doing fine",Elena smiled softly. "Well Allen you seem busy so we are just going to go",Damian dragged Elena off again. Barry looked around, there was no one around him

"Take it easy Damian!",Elena said trying to keep her balance in her shoes. "They're everywhere",Damian looked around and could see superheroes everywhere in their civilian form.

He just wanted to be alone with Elena for one second but that didn't seem to becoming an option anymore.

"Whose everywhere?",Elena said confused. "The justic-...I mean just friends",Damian said mistakenly. "Damian, you aren't making a word of sense right now, do you have a fever?",Elena felt the top of his head.

She was genuinely concerned right now, because he seemed to be all over the place. "I'm just not use to this environment that's all",Damian sighed. "I would have thought the opposite",Elena smiled. "I tend to not show up at these events",Damian crossed his arms.

"Damian!",Tim and Stephanie appeared. "What's the matter?",Damian thought it was something serious. "Dicks about to crack up!",Tim laughed. "Why?",Damian didn't find that funny. "Kori is trying to calm him down",Stephanie was laughing too.

"Why?!?",Damian asked again." see for yourself",Tim pointed at Jason and another girl.

They turned around and the girl revealed to be none other but Barbara Gordon. Jason's date was Barbara. "Oh god",Damian's eyes widen. "She's dicks ex-girlfriend isn't she?",Elena's mouth dropped. "That's her alright!",Stephanie laughed. "I actually can't breathe right now",Tim said laughing.

They found this hilarious, because things just got awkward and tense between the everyone.
Jason and Barbara walked over to Elena and Damian. "Hey demon child",Jason scruffled Damian's hair. "Was that needed Todd?",Damian growled as he tried to fix his hair. "Hey Elena nice to see you again",Jason became civil to Elena as he respected her as she was one of the few people, he knew who could put up with Damian for more the five minutes without punching him.

"Damian whose your friend?",Barbara asked as she looked Elena up and down.

Barbara was surprised she couldn't see any weapon on her, she was just a normal pretty girl.

"I'm Elena",elena smiled. "Nice to meet you elena",Barbara said happily. "You do realise Grayson will not approve of this",Damian pointed at them. "We know",Jason said smirking.

"See you around",they said as they walked off.

"I must make sure Grayson doesn't have a melt down, I'll be back in minute",Damian said he didn't want Elena to get involved in this as it would be pointless. "Sure go ahead",Elena smiled.

Damian disappeared into the crowd of people and soon Elena lost sight of him.

Suddenly Elena felt lost, this wasn't normal for her. "Elena!",a voice said from beside her. Elena looked around and saw Diana prince.

Diana

"Oh hi ms. Prince",Elena was glad to be talking to someone. "Please call me Diana but Look at you! you've grown up so much since the last time I saw you!",Diana looked her up and down.

Elena then looked her up and down. "You look amazing",Elena envied her.

"Nah, I'm getting old",Diana laughed, she'd been saying that for 5000 years now. Before Diana could continue, she heard Hal Jordan calling her name. "I'm coming I'm coming",Diana glared at him. "I'll see you around Elena", Diana's mood changed to more happier one.

Elena smiled as Diana walked off. Elena was hoping Damian would come back now.

Elena decided instead of standing her like a lost puppy she would go and find someone to talk to.

Elena walked into the crowd and she came across Alfred who was serving drinks. "Ms. Elena, a drink?",Alfred smiled at her. "Is there alcohol in them?",Elena was only 15 and she had no intention on drinking, besides her dad would kill her. Alfred smirked. "They all think the drink is alcoholic but it's just cranberry juice, after the incident with mr. Jordan and master dick last year, I refuse to give out alcohol at these charity events.",Alfred whispered.

Elena laughed. "Okay then I'll take one",she laughed. "Righteo then",Alfred handed her one.

Elena looked around trying to find someone she knew but she was getting no where. She really wanted Damian to come back now.

She looked up at the stage where there was some musicians playing a classical tune. She saw the grand piano and smiled to herself, it was beautiful.

Suddenly Elena felt someone push into her chest causing her to begin falling backwards and Elena would have been able to keep herself standing but with the shoes she had on her she was getting no where only downwards towards the floor.

She then reminded herself that this was Damian and her mothers fault so she was going to kill them. Then she remembered her drink was going spill all over her and that was going to make things worse.

Then she felt an arm grab her around her waist and stopped the rest of her fall. She had her eyes closed, but she was pretty sure it was Damian, she was wrong it was Jon.

It all happened so quickly. Jon must have bumped into her and caused her to fall. She looked straight into his eyes and she could see he was more or less in shock. She looked to her right and he was also holding her glass of juice as well. Elena and Jon's faces were very close.

"I'm so so sorry!",he said nervously. "Are you kidding me? you saved me from total humiliation!",she picked her self up. "I bumped into you in the first place! I'm such a clut",he said scratching the back of his head.

Elena picked up his glasses which had falling off and cleaned them with the bottom of her dress and put them back on him. "Your not a clut! Thank you Jon",she gave him a kind smile.

Jon went red. "Anytime",he blurted out. "Well I better find Damian",Elena said. "He's looking for you",Jon said.

"He is?",Elena said surprised. "Yeah I think he's over there",Jon pointed. "Thank you",Elena was so happy to finally be able to find Damian.

The minute Damian saw Elena he made made a b line for her. "There you are! I was beginning to get worried!",he was so happy. "I'm fine, everything okay with dick?",Elena said as Damian took her hand. "Let's just pretend that's not going on",Damian sighed.

All of a sudden the music became louder and everyone did a subtle laugh and they began waltz dancing.

Elena and Damian were in the middle of it. Damian held out his hand. "Thought you didn't like dancing",Elena smirked. "I've been practicing",Damian smirked. "I'll take your word for that",and Elena took his hand.

Elena put her hand on his shoulder and he put his hand around her waist. They started dancing. They followed each other's eyes and kept smiling. They also followed each other's feet perfectly. Damian spun Elena around and Elena's dress twirled. He held her hand as they danced around. People made room for the two dance and Damian smirked. "They are all looking at you",Elena whispered. "Believe me they are looking at you",Damian reassured her.

Damian and Elena laughed. "I got it all on video!!",Elena's mother squealed. "Mom!",Elena jumped. Damian got quite a fright as well. "I see those dance lessons have paid off",Bruce came from another angle. He was with Selina. "Father!",Damian went red. "Your quite a dancer Damian",Selina complimented Damian. "You took dance lessons?",Elena giggled. "Only briefly",Damian held his head up as he was a little embarrassed.

Selina looked at Elena's mother. "Clare?",she gasped. "Hehe that's me",she said a little confused. "Oh my god, is that you?",Selina was surprised and everyone else was confused. "It's me Selina Kyle from university!",she smiled. "Kylie?!?",Elena's mother gasped. "Yes! You remember!",Selina was so happy. "Care to explain?",Bruce asked politely. Selina linked Elena mothers arm.

"Me and clare went to college in Ireland together, the best college in Ireland actually",Selina explained. "I grew up in Ireland my mother was a lecturer in trinity college",clare explained. "Me and clare would sit at the end of the class and design our own dresses",Selina laughed. "Mom your a nurse?",Elena was confused. "I have a degree in design, sweetie",Elena's mother laughed. "Oh right",Elena mumbled. "We have so much to catch up on",Selina said.

Bruce's phone started ringing he looked at it and he gave a concerned look. " I need to take this, I'll be back in a second",he said as he headed for the bathrooms. "Elena do you mind if I steal your mother?",Selina asked. "Uh yeah no problem, we'll watch Sam",Elena smiled she hadn't seen her mother this excited in months.

Bruce entered the quiet, fancy bathroom. "What do you mean they aren't coming?!?",Bruce said annoyed. Someone mumbled over the phone. "That's madness, this was a once in a lifetime offer, how the hell did she just back down?!?",Bruce couldn't understand. Someone mumbled over the phone. "Well someone needs to sing the damn song",he used some hand gestures. Someone mumbled something over the phone. "The record label owner is here tonight to listen to that damn song and if I don't produce something I'm going to lose the deal",he half shouted. They mumbled again. "You know what screw it, I'll deal with this myself",Bruce slammed the phone down against the sink.

He looked into the mirror. "Great, now what am I going to do?",he said to himself. Suddenly he heard violent coughing. Bruce turned around with a baterang ready to be pulled. "Whose there?",he glared. Someone was in a cubicle and the door wasn't fully closed.

There was no answer only more violent coughing. Bruce slowly walked up to the cubicle. The door slowly creeped open. Bruce was ready for what ever was coming plus superman was in the building so that was comforting too.

Elena's father rolled out coughing with a tissue to his mouth. "Mr. Smith?",Bruce let down his guard. "Didn't mean to frighten you",her father croaked. "Believe me you didn't scare me",Bruce was sure about that. "Glad we could finally meet",he said weakly and the two men shook hand. Then he coughed again.

As he took the tissue away from his mouth, Bruce saw blood on the tissue. "Are you alright?",Bruce knew that was a stupid question . "Not at all, the ol cancer is everywhere now including my lungs",he laughed weakly. "Is there anything I can do for you?", Bruce practically begged. He looked at Bruce. "There is one thing",he sighed. "Of course you name it",Bruce knelt down beside him.

"My kids, I'm running out of time, I've only a few weeks left",he croaked. "I know we have just met and Elena speaks very highly of you and Elena and Damian are quite close but I need you watch over my kids when I'm gone, if anything were to happen to them I.. Don't know what I'd do",he said weakly. Bruce looked at him. "I swear I won't let anything happen to them",Bruce swore.. "I promise",Bruce took promises very seriously.

He put his glasses back on. "I try to hide my sickness as much as I can from the kids but Sam still figured it out",he sighed. "Kids are sensitive to new situations",Bruce added. "Yeah that's true..I have my last session tomorrow my flight leaves at 7am tomorrow morning",he explained.

"And Elena and Sam?",Bruce didn't want him to say it. "Their grandparents, Sam is gonna freak when he figures out he's going to his grandmothers",he rubbed his temple. And that's exactly what Bruce didn't want him to say. "Like hell they're going to that lady, I'll take em",Bruce hated that lady.

Elena's father looked at him. "Mr.wayne that's very thoughtful but I wouldn't dare-",he was shocked. "Please call me Bruce and no offence but you mother in-law isn't exactly the most nicest person and believe me I've met a lot people, so please I'll take the kids",Bruce smirked.

"Mr. Wayne-I mean Bruce, I can't-",he was interrupted. "Believe I have enough space for them",Bruce didn't mind. "Bruce why are you being so nice to us?",he laughed. "Many reasons, the main one being your daughter has changed my son for the better, Damian had a horrible childhood before I got to him, I thought I'd never be able to change him, but Elena has brought out a new side to him and for that I owe you",Bruce explained.

Before Elena's dad could say another thing Bruce had made his decision. They came out of the restroom together discussing their plan but Bruce was quickly overwhelmed by his employees, saying about the singer that was meant to sing tonight and they didn't know what to do.

"Calm down, just calm down I'll figure something out",Bruce comforted them. He excuses himself from Elena's father. "I need to see if mr. Queens wife is here",Bruce knew she was a singer so she was his only hope. Elena's father was becoming too weak to stay any longer so he decided he'd head home.

He came across Elena and Damian and Sam. Elena was watching as Damian picked Sam up and spun him around. Sam was laughing so hard he could hardly breathe. Elena's father remembered when he used to do that to Sam when he as able to stand up. He sighed sadly.

Elena spotted him. "Hey dad!",she waved and she beckoned him to come over. He smiled and came over to them. "Dad, as I promised even though you guys have met, dad, this is Damian, my boyfriend",she smirked at Damian when she said the last part. "Mr. Smith it is an honour to meet you officially",Damian tried not to look nervous . Elena's dad smirked. "Please call me Samuel",he held out his hand and smiled.

Elena and Damian were both surprised by the sudden personality change of Elena's father. Elena's face lit up. Damian shock his hand with a sign of relief and Damian was more or less overjoyed.

"It's nice to see you two finally getting along",Stephanie giggled and Tim smirked at Damian's humanity showing. Elena's father turned and saw she was also in a wheelchair. "Wheelchair buddies!",he joked. Stephanie burst out laughing. "Hey mom", Sam said as his mother and Selina appeared from the crowd. "Clare-I",Elena's father tried to tell her he wanted to head home.

"I do believe this what you call a get together",kori said as dick and kori came up beside them. Dick seemed okay, but Damian and Tim knew there was going to be war later on. Sam ran over to Tim and started telling him random things he'd done that evening. Bruce made his way over to them.

"Everything okay Bruce?",Tim asked seeing something was off. "Just having a bit of melt down with the employees at the moment, but nothing you guys need to worry about",that was Bruce's code for 'no we have a big problem'.

"The woman who was meant to sing a song I'm sponsoring just quit and the manager of the record label is here to hear it, if someone doesn't go up and sing that damn song, I'll loose the deal and no money will go to the children's orphanage by the docks",Bruce sighed. "The song was written to raise money for the children's orphanage",Damian explained to Elena.

"What about dinah, Oliver's wife?",dick asked. "She couldn't come tonight, she's busy",Bruce looked at the stage.

Bruce looked at Stephanie as she wasn't a bad singer. "Not happening Bruce not like this",she refused. "I understand",Bruce knew she was right.

"Elena can sing",Sam laughed."you sing me that Lullaby all the time !",he laughed. Everyone went silent and looked at him. Elena froze and thought she would die. They then all looked at Elena. "He's right Elena",her mother shrugged her shoulders. "You can?",Damian didn't know this. "I can't",Elena said going red. He wasn't sure if it was embarrassment or rage, he couldn't tell.

"Elena, you've won quite a few competitions",Elena's mother was not helping the situation. "12 mom I was 12",she said coldly. "A few huh?",Tim had searched up her name online on his phone and mountains of feed of Elena winning singing and piano competitions all through the years. He showed Bruce his phone.

"Would you do it?",Bruce asked. "I can't sing ",she shook her head. "Is there instrumental?",Damian asked. "Violin and piano",Bruce answered. "Elena I'll play with you",Damian grabbed her hand. Elena stood back. "I can't sing",she repeated herself. "Elena -",her dad knew what was going on. "No! I can't! I won't!",she stood back again. Damian could see this wasn't some kind of childish 'I can't sing' crap, Elena was beginning to freak out. "Elena sweet-",Elena's mother tried to say something. "What do you not get by I can't",she stormed off.

"Elena wait!",Damian ran after her. "Poor kid",dick said. "Yes I believe we put her under to much of the pressure",koriander said feeling bad. Elena's dad wanted to go after her but he couldn't. "Tim follow Damian try and find Elena",Stephanie said. Tim nodded and ran off.

"Clare I need to go",Elena's father didn't feel well. Selina saw this. "You three go ahead I'll make arrangements for Elena to be sent home",Selina smiled."Oh thank you Selina , I grab Sam and we'll head home Samuel",she nodded at him. "Drop them over at 6 tomorrow morning",Bruce said to Elena's dad as he went after Elena as well, she was his only hope right now. "What's does he mean?",Elena's mother asked. "I'll explain on the way home",he said he saw Damian looking around. "Sam tell Damian to come over here",he told Sam and and Sam ran over to Damian and brought him back to Elena's father. "I'll take you home",Alfred said to Elena's mother and Sam. "Give me a sec",Elena's dad nodded and Alfred escorted the other two out to the car.

"Damian, Elena's like that is because of Lola Franklin",he told Damian quietly. Damian growled at that name . "I'm the only one she ever told but I'm telling you now, Elena was a wonderful singer all through her childhood but Lola became jealous and began singing and Elena just stopped and took up piano instead, Elena refuses to sing since, Sam is the only one who has heard her sing since then, I don't know what Lola did to Elena back then but as you can see it wasn't good",he explained.

"Don't worry I'll handle this",Damian was furious. Elena's father nodded and Alfred helped him out to the car. Damian searched high and low for Elena. He was furious that once again some how Lola was able to ruin their evening.

He finally spotted her. "Elena!",he reached out for her. She looked at him as he grabbed her arm. "Damian you don't understand I can't sing not while she's out there for all I know she could here tonight",she pleaded. "She won't touch you again I won't let her",Damian reassured her.

"Damian she's was crazy then and she's twenty times crazier now she could do anything and I won't sing it will just be teasing the situation ",she trying to get away from his grasp.

"Why do keep running from me?",he looked at her sadly.

Elena stopped struggling. "No! I'm not running from you! I'll never run away from you Damian",she cupped his face and smiled. Damian gave a relieved smile. Elena saw Tim and Bruce coming her way. "Whoop! That's my queue! There no way in hell I'm singing",she said and she made a run for the ladies bathroom.

Damian followed after her. She ran into the ladies bathroom. Damian saw the sign on the door and backed away slowly. "Smart girl...",he mumbled as she knew the boys couldn't follow her.

Bruce and Tim caught up. "Get Selina and Stephanie! One of them should be able to convince her to sing.",Bruce said to Tim. Tim ran off. "Father, Elena has her reasons..",Damian explained the situation to his father. "Believe me Lola is not here, I can assure you I'd know",Bruce felt bad for Elena.

Stephanie and Selina appeared. Selina went in first. She came out 5 minutes later laughing. "I love that girl! she reminds me of myself. She's so stubborn I can see why you like her Damian",she was genuine. Damian rolled his eyes. Selina had no luck.

"I'll deal with this ",Stephanie said as she was good friends with Elena. Stephanie came out a few minutes later as pale as a ghost. "I'm with Elena, if she doesn't want to sing, she doesn't have too.",she said and Damian knew Elena told her the full story.

"Great I need her to sing she's my last hope",Bruce saw the record label manager drinking Alfred's so called wine. Then he saw Diana speaking to Barry Allen. She looked over and saw him. She excused herself from Barry and walked over to Bruce. "Everything alright?",she raised an eyebrow.

"I need you to do me a favour",Bruce said coldly. "You need a favour?",she laughed. "Get Elena out of the bathroom, I need her to perform",Bruce sighed. "Thats it's?",she said slightly surprised.

Damian gave her some background information and Diana went in. "Start learning the violin notes ",Bruce handed him a sheet. Bruce hated this. This is why he hated social events.

Elena sat on the counter beside the sinks. "The answer is no",she looked up at Diana. "They have fate in you , I have fate in you ",she sighed. "No means no",Elena growled. "Why? What did that girl do to you to make you so upset?",Diana asked. "Women should empower each other not tear each other apart",Diana said. "Well, you haven't met Lola",Elena's sighed.

"Your one of the only people I've met who mean a lot to those Wayne's ,and your the first girl I've met who has gone more then 5 minutes without punching Damian in the face so you are certainly special..and Damian seems to like you a lot and that is more strange then anything I've seen before ",she smiled.

Elena began to feel bad. "Do it for Damian",Diana knew she had gotten through to Elena.

"Fine, gimme the lyrics", she rolled her eyes.

Diana came out and nodded. Bruce was shocked so was Damian. "She needs the lyrics",Diana said. "And the piano notes",elena came from behind. "Wait are you planning on playing and singing?",Damian said astounded. Elena smirked.

Within a half an hour Elena and Damian had learned everything they needed. They were musical geniuses and the chords were repetitive. Bruce hopped up on stage and introduced them and spoke a load of useless waffle.

Elena and Damian made there way on stage and automatically people started remembering who Elena was.
They began

The song was played wonderfully by Elena and Damian. Damian was surprised by Elena's voice and so was Bruce. Elena didn't really seem to care that everyone loved her voice. She hated it.
Everyone applauded as posh people do. The manager from the record label was very impressed and wanted Elena and Damian to come to his studio on Monday to record the song. Damian turned to look at Elena but she was gone.
"Not again",he sighed.

Elena retreated to the balcony that watched over Gotham. It was freezing but Elena didn't seem to care. She looked down at the city that she called home. It was so pretty from above but she knew deep down the city was a disaster. The sirens could be heard from all around the city. But that wasn't new.

Elena pondered on the whole Lola situation. It may look like that feud is over to some but Elena knew it had only begun. Lola wasn't finished with Elena. After Elena ended up getting the upper hand last time they met. So Lola was out for her. That scared Elena it really did. Damian always said he'd protect her but he wasn't batman and she kinda needed a batman and robin on her side.

"Mind if I stay?",lois came up beside her. "Yeah sure",Elena said a little surprised. "Man is there anything you can't do?",she laughed. "What do you mean?",Elena said confused. "Oh come on! You sing ,you play piano ,you got a scholarship to Gotham academy, your pretty, you know first aid ,you tamed the wild Damian",she explained, Elena was surprised she knew those things but then again she's lois lane the award winning journalist.

Elena shrugged her shoulders. "Your an all rounder!",she laughed. "I have my flaws believe me",Elena smiled. Lois got a text alert. "I got a go but it was lovely to meet you Elena", she said as she walked off.

Once again Elena was left. She could hear the jazz music from inside and people laughing and talking. Elena got the feeling she didn't belong. Selina had told her her parents had left early with Sam. That made Elena feel even more alone.

Suddenly she felt something go over her shoulders, it was warm. "Your going to catch a cold out here you know?",Damian came up beside her.

It was Damian's coat over her shoulders. "Your such a gentleman",she joked. "But won't you be cold now?",she asked. "What is that saying that the Disney ice queen says after she builds her unrealistic castle?was it 'the cold never bothered me anyways?'",Damian wasn't sure. Elena seemed concerned for Damian. "Please don't tell me you watched that movie",Elena didn't think that was his style. "I can assure you I did not. Sam explained it to me the other evening in his violin class",Damian explained.

Elena laughed. "You guys are nuts",she chuckled. "You're missing the 'party'",Damian looked at her. "I needed some air",she sighed. "You've been out here for 34 minutes, I'm sure that's plenty of air",Damian knew that was her excuse for something is wrong. "You wanna tell me what Lola did to you that made you give up the whole singing thing",Damian sounded a little more serious and concerned.

Elena looked away from him. "Let's just say the competition wasn't the first time shes permanently left a scar on me, she said it was because I was always 'getting in her way'",Elena looked out to Gotham.

Damian sighed angrily. "You said she hit you",he said annoyed. "And I never said how many times",she said quietly. "God Elena! Why didn't you just punch her in the face?",he clenched his fist angrily. "Her dad sponsored my dads book when it first came out..I didn't want my dad to loose such an opportunity",she shrugged her shoulders.

Damian could relate. John Franklin was was only reason he put up with her as well. "That makes two of us ",he mumbled.

Elena kept her eyes on Gotham. "How did she....you know hurt you?",he said quietly. "She's resourceful, I'll give her that, all she needed was a sharp pencil.",Elena rubbed her arm. When she took her hand away, Damian saw a slight discolour slit on her arm it was similar to the ones he had.

But his were from blades, here were from a bloody pencil. "My mom never knew what was really going on with Lola if she did my mom would probably be in Arkham by now for doing something regrettable to Lola. I told my dad the whole Lola situation and I begged him not to tell anyone",she said.

"So when the situation uprooted itself a few months ago, my dad was on edge and it really didn't help when I was plastered over the television with my bloody eye",she laughed softly.

Damian contained his anger as it would only upset her if he got made so he decided to store it until the day he would get his hands on Lola. Damian looked at her.

He thought she looked amazing with the glow of the lights below. Elena turned to him. "What are you looking at?",she said half smirking. "You",he looked into her eyes.

Elena chuckled. Damian grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him.

Okay blah blah he kisses her blah blah blah.
(I can't write romantic stuff okay)

Hope you enjoyed 12,000 freakin words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1.2K 24
Mark's relationship problems seem to fade away when he notices a person on the ground - by the road - and helping her would soon enough change his li...
22K 642 48
Lilith Whitehorse believes that she is just some ordinary girl living in Hope County, Montana. Continued to believe so when the cult known as the Pro...
548K 16.5K 42
Living in Toronto, Simaya is a dancer who resorted to stripping to pay for college and help take care of her grandma. By day she's a good girl colleg...
650K 32.6K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...