The Newlywed Game

By xburningdesire

April was in need of money, if she wanted to finish University. Drew was in need of money, if he wanted his D... More

The Newlywed Game
Lucky Ones (1)
Space Bound (2)
Counting Stars (3)
Nightingale (4)
Faster (5)
Little Bird (6)
As Long As You Love Me (7)
Cold Coffee (8)
Burning Desire (9)
Trouble (10)
Baby I (11)
One Life (12)
Born To Die (13)
A Wake (14)
Prove You Wrong (15)
Hold Tight (17)
A Thousand Years (18)
Do I Wanna Know (19)
Kissing In Cars (20)
Without You (21)
Ho Hey (22)
Epilogue

Fall (16)

6.3K 314 38
By xburningdesire

Chapter 16: Fall  ♡

 ❝Well did you know you're an angel? Who forgot how to fly. Did you know that it breaks my heart everytime to see you cry.❞ - Fall by Justin Bieber

Week 5 - Day 30/ Day 36

⋆⋆⋆

Jealousy was something everyone felt at certain times of their lives. At that moment, I could describe how I was feeling as jealous. I was envious of the beautiful girl in front of me because she had gotten to spend two years with an amazing guy like Drew. I also felt anger, because she was stupid enough to sleep with a guy who isn’t half amazing as Drew is.

            “I haven’t seen you in ages but I’ve been watching you on TV, it’s pretty weird,” Danielle said, giving Drew a charming grin. “I had no idea you were married.” I started getting worried because at any moment Danielle could say ‘but you couldn’t have been together for 3 years because we broke up a year ago’.

            “Yeah well we don’t exactly talk.”

            Danielle ignored his comment and looked me up and down. “Hi, my name’s Danielle, I’m Drew’s ex-girlfriend and you are?”

            “April. Drew’s wife.”

            “I never thought Drew would settle down, he had always told me how much he hated the thought of marriage. He said it was stupid, didn’t understand why you’d need a piece of paper to prove your love.” That was one thing I had no idea about Drew. I thought the complete opposite; I loved the idea of marriage.

            “That was before I met April.”

            “Did you knock her up? Is that why you’re married?”

            My eyes widened. “Excuse me?”

            “What? I was just wondering…”

            “No I am not pregnant. Drew and I got married because we love each other not that you would know anything about that.”

            “I loved Drew, thank you very much. I still love him,” Danielle snapped, fiercely. I rolled my eyes. “What’s your problem?”

            I smiled, sweetly. “You’re my problem, now if you don’t mind my husband and I have to finish shopping.” With one hand I grabbed the trolley and with another I grabbed Drew’s hand and started walking.

            “You’re hot when you’re jealous,” Drew muttered into my ear, his warm breath grazing my skin.

            “I’m not jealous of her.”

            “Sure, sure.” Nothing could of prepared me to meet Drew’s ex girlfriend who he speaks so poorly about. Maybe if I’d have known that I’d be meeting her I could have practiced how to seem less jealous. Though, saying that, it suited us well that I was jealous because it just made our relationship seem all that more real. Drew stopped the trolley and leant down and kissed me softly. I had the urge to pull him closer to me and demand he never stop kissing me.

            When we were in the car I learnt that all the other couples had heard that I met Drew’s ex. “I bet you were jealous,” Jennifer noted. “Not that you need to be jealous of her! You’re married to Drew and well, she’s not.”

            “I wasn’t jealous,” I scoffed.

            “Yes you were!”

            “Who asked you anyway?” I snapped, playfully at Drew. “I don’t want to go and cook when we get back to the mansion.”

            “Do you think we can eat the food afterwards? Because I’m really looking forward to some smoothies! I’ll be mad if we can’t eat some of that food that we made.” I laughed.

            The rest of the drive was mostly silent. I was thinking about Danielle the majority of the time and how lucky she was. She got to spend 2 – probably amazing – years with Drew. I don’t know what would make her cheat on anyone, let alone Drew.

            When we got to the mansion we went straight to the game room where six benches were set up ready for us to cook our breakfast. James explained to us that we had half an hour to make our breakfast and make it look all pretty on a plate. “Remember, not only will you be tested on how good your food tastes but how well you work together, we’ve got some lovely volunteers coming around to speak to you while you cook!” I groaned, great.

            As soon as we all started cooking Anastasia and Luke started snapping at each other. “Come on, Babe, you always make this,” Drew said, smirking at me.

            “I’d appreciate your help but y’know, if you just want to sit there and watch me that’s fine as well.”

            Drew winked and I blushed. “Trust me, I’d much rather sit here and watch you.” Drew walked closer to me so our shoulders were brushing. “What do you want me to do?”

            “Get the pan ready,” I said as I carefully cracked some eggs into a bowl. Drew and I cooked together, after around ten minutes a blonde lady came up to us and watched us.

            After a little while she commented, “You guys are cute together. How long have you been married?”

            “A year,” Both Drew and I said. We started laughing.

            “Best year of your life?” The lady asked Drew.

            He shook his head. “Nope, the worst.” I laughed as did he and even the blonde lady had a small smile on her face. Drew wrapped his arms around me. “This year’s been a rollercoaster, the good kind.”

***

The days started going faster and faster and soon it was Sunday and we’d be finding out who was the winner of the challenge and who would be eliminated.  As much as I just wanted to be out of this mansion I wanted to still be here because that meant I could pretend to be with Drew.

            We both got up and got ready; we walked downstairs and ate breakfast. “I’m so nervous,” Cho said.

            “You guys probably won the challenge,” I laughed. “One day you have to come to my,” I paused. “Our house,” I corrected myself. “And teach me how to cook that well!” I didn’t slip up all that much but sometimes, I accidently did. Usually, nobody took much notice in it since Drew and I was still a newlywed couple and so, we still had to get used to living with each other.

            “I really hope we did, I want some private time with Ted,” She winked. “You probably want some time with Drew, it’s been so long since you guys got to go to that room.” I blushed even though I knew that Drew and I did nothing when we got to be together without cameras and if we got to again, wouldn’t.

            On Sunday, the day went slowly and finally I was sitting in front of James. He’d told us that Cho and Ted were the winners. I was honestly more than happy about that. He also told them that they could give two couples a vote or give one couple the two votes. “Up for elimination we have… Anastasia and Luke, Jennifer and Jacob and Drew and April.” My head shot up when I heard Drew’s names and mine. I didn’t want to be up for elimination, I didn’t want to leave. We both need the money and I guess, I need Drew. “Good luck guys.” We all quietly walked to our rooms.

            It was no question that’d we vote for Anastasia and Luke. When we got into our room I wrote their names on a piece of paper. Then, I took a seat beside Drew on the bed. “Hi,” I murmured not knowing what else to say.

            “It’s gonna be okay, Baby,” Drew told me, soothingly.

            I smiled. “I know it is.”

            “And whatever happens, I’ll love you forever. This is just a game, it doesn’t define us.” I found comfort in Drew’s words even if they were just for show. I stared at Drew’s face, understanding the fact that this might be the last time I got to stare into those beautiful eyes and trace my fingers along his jawline.

            “Drew,” I found my voice. “Kiss me.” I hoped Drew understood that I didn’t want to kiss him because of the cameras; I wanted to kiss him because I ached the feeling of his lips against mine.

            “Okay.” Drew placed his lips on mine for a split second before pulling away; angrily I smashed my lips against his. I wanted to feel his body against mine. This was possibly the last time I would get to properly kiss Drew.

            Our lips didn’t break contact as he lay me down on the bed, gently, as if I was made of glass and would break any second. I didn’t realize that a couple of tears had started carelessly slipping out of my closed eyes. Drew stopped kissing me and stared down at me, studying my face and making me want to run and hide. He used his thumb to wipe away my tears. “Please don’t cry, Baby. It kills me to see you cry.” Drew shifted off me and lay next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

            I was so confused, so lost; I didn’t know what was real and what wasn’t. “I’m sorry.”

            “This has been one of the greatest experiences in my life and it’s even greater because I got to spend it with you and I don’t mind leaving tonight because we’ll always have each other, right?” For a little while we just lay there together, enjoying each other’s presence. Unfortunately, it was soon time for us to make our way downstairs. Drew walked to the door and I followed him but before he could open the door I went on my toes and kissed him, hard. “Ready?” Drew asked.

            “No,” I answered. Drew gave me a small smile. We walked down stairs and put the piece of paper into the box and took a seat.

            James started speaking. “Today, there’s a little twist to this elimination. Not one, but two couples will be going home. Go enjoy some dinner and we’ll see who will be going home.” I gulped. Now, there was an even bigger chance that Drew and I would be leaving the mansion.

            I didn’t talk much at dinner, I felt too sick to eat anything. I was glad when it was time for James to tell us who’d be eliminated because I couldn’t wait any longer. Drew and I stood up, next to Jennifer and Jacob. One of us were going to be leaving the Newlywed Game.

            “The first eliminated couple of the night is…” James’ voice trailed off. “Anastasia and Luke.” I felt a small weight being lifted off my shoulder but of course, I was still as nervous as anything. Drew squeezed my hand. Everybody said their goodbyes. I slipped my hand into Jennifer’s and gave her a reassuring smile.

“The second eliminated couple is…” Again James paused. My heart was beating so fast; I was surprised I didn’t have a heart attack. “Drew and April.”

~

DID YOU GUYS EXPECT THAT? I've been wanting to write this chapter for the longest time and I got to finally :) I hope you enjoyed it because I enjoyed writing it!

Thanks for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589K 17.8K 37
"Cornelia, let's make a deal. You will be my fake girlfriend for 3 months. And I will pay you 30 million dollars for your service, how is that?" "I r...
895K 21.3K 13
(First instalment of Heart Series) Being in love with him was tough. It's not easy to be a girlfriend of a multi-billionaire with two identities. Whe...
49.9K 2K 26
"You're beautiful Elise" "Zach, please..." I smiled when she called me Zach. It was always Zachary or Mr. Walton and when she called me Zach I... "Za...
747 35 4
"Jesus," Max grumbled. "I'd give my left tit for someone else to fall madly in love just so we could stop talking about Hope and Noah." Lucas chuckle...