It's a Battlefield : A Dricki...

By BunzMinaj

Nicki has been with SB for three years, and their spark is long gone. Every night he doesn't get home until 2... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Questions for the Characters
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 6

1.6K 47 7
By BunzMinaj

Nicki

Drake and Niyah's apartment was only, like, four minutes away; talk about convenient. I pulled into the apartment conplex and parked, then got out and went out to search for Drake's apartment.

His apartment complex is huge. It always takes me ten minutes alone to find what floor he lives on. I've only been to his apartment five or six times all these years we've been friends... Sad, huh?

I remember he lives on the third floor, in apartment 3-5C. I climb the three flights of stairs -- don't even ask me how Drake and Niyah do it every day -- and finally found his apartment. I knocked.

Drake answered the door. He looked suprised to see me.

"Nicki," he said, "What's up?"

I clutched my small suitcase in my hand. Surely he'd let me stay.

"Hey, um, Drake? I have a huge favor to ask you..." I say tentatively.

"Ok, go for it."

"Um, can I stay with you and Niyah? Just for tonight? Me and SB are, erm, arguing," I explain.

He smiled. "Yeah, it's fine with me, but lemme go check with Niyah. You can come in," he said as he opened the door wide for me, and I entered. His apartment was pretty big. Bigger than mine and SB's. Nicer than it, too. Maybe if SB would get off of his sorry ass and got a fucking job, we could afford something like this, shit.

"Just sit down somewhere, and lemme go see what Niyah's up to," he casually said, and he went into his and Niyah's room to find her.

I took a seat on the couch and exhaled. This sucked. I hated fighting with SB, I really and truly did, but I don't know, we just might be too alike. Or too different. Whatever.

I just... I just wish I could have the relationship Drake and Niyah do. They're just so in love. They put each other before themselves. They never fought. They were just your perfect boyfriend and girlfriend; like the ones you see in movies. I'll tell you right now, they're real, those perfect relationships. They're just hard to find.

Drake came out of his room and nodded. "Yeah, you can stay. You can stay in the guest room. You know where it is, right?"

I smiled and nodded. "Yea," I said, and stood up. I pulled Drake into a hug and buried my face into his shirt and sighed in frustration. And to think just a day ago, everything was going good.

"Drake, I just don't know what to do," I cried, as my voice started to crack. I didn't wanna cry, I really didn't, but I needed to.

"Everything is just falling apart between me and SB. We can't go a day without fighting, and it sucks ass! I just look at you and Niyah, and, and, I just think 'Wow, I'd love to have a relationship like that,' and then I remember that I never will... At least not with SB!"

He hugged me tight and rocked me. "It's ok, Nicki, it's ok."

He led me to the couch again and sat me down next to him. He kissed my forehead and sighed. He really hated seeing me cry. When I hurt, he hurts.

Just then, Niyah came out of her and Drake's bedroom and smirked when she saw us hugging. She walked over to us.

"Nicki, you're not trying to steal him from me, are you?" Niyah said with a smile. Her voice made both me and Drake jump, and I smiled up at her. I knew she was kidding. She trusted me around Drake; she knew I'd never try and take him from her. She got that we were just friends, and nothing more than that... Unlike SB.

I shook my head and wiped the fresh tears off of my face. "Nah," I said.

She laughed and walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat. "Good," she called behind her.

I sighed and got up off the couch. I was beat.

"Well," I say, "Imma go ahead and start getting ready for bed. I'll see y'all in the morning, kay?"

Drake nodded and waved to me as I made my way to the guest room.

"Sleep tight!" Niyah called after me, and I turned around and smiled.

"Ight."

Then I put on my nightclothes and settled down for the night.

Drake

"So," Niyah said as we lay in our bed, watching a Lifetime movie on TV. "What's been going on with Nicki and SB?"

I sighed. "I don't know, babe. I feel bad for Nicki, though. She tries her hardest to keep them both together. She's the only one that works in the relationship."

"Ferreal?!" Niyah asked, shocked. "Damn, she should dump his ass. Either that or he get a job. If you didn't have a job and didn't wanna go and get one, I'd leave you."

"Yea. I just think that she deserves someone better than SB."

Niyah huffed and rolled her eyes. "I know."

"You know she got fired from her job at Red Lobster?"

"Yea, you told me about it. Didn't you take her out today to go find a new one?"

"Uh huh. I took her to StarBucks and she filled out a job application. They said they'd call her ASAP."

"Y'all gone work together?" Niyah asked. I nodded. "Yup. I figured it would be fun."

"Speaking of work, do you have to go tomorrow?"

"Yes. Since errone is going outta town for Christmas break, they gonna be a little short-handed."

She nodded. "Yea. I gotta work tomorrow too. Is she gonna be staying tomorrow too?"

"I don't think so."

"Oh. But nah, ferreal. I like Nicki. She cool," Niyah confirmed.

Yeah, Nicki and Niyah were pretty close. They had nothing against each other, so that was good. Niyah never got jealous of Nicki being with me. She got us. She got that all we were were best friends.  What was really cool though, was that we could all hang out together as one group. No drama or nothing.

Niyah sighed and got up off of the bed. "Imma throw on some PJs and get to bed. I gotta get up pretty early tomorrow."

"Same here," I said as I, too, got up off the bed and took off my shirt and pants. I brushed my teeth then got back into bed. Niyah was taking off her makup and was slipping into her pyjamas. Ha. All I had to do was brush my teeth and strip down.

When she was done getting ready for bed, she joined me. She covered up and snuggled in next to me.

"I love you," she whispered in my ear, and I kissed her on her lips.

"I love you too," I said, and she smiled. I was so lucky to have her. I held her close, and we both drifted off to sleep.

. . .

Nicki

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I yawned, stretched, and picked up the phone. It was too early for this.

"Hello?" I said, wearily. I was still a bit groggy.

"Hello? Miss Maraj?" asked a familier voice.

" ... Speaking. Who is this?"

The person laughed. "Don't you remember? It's Jessica. From StarBucks?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "What's up?"

I knew exactly why she was calling. She was going to tell me whether or not I got the job. I was nervous.

"Nothing, thank you for asking. I just wanted to inform you that you got the job!"

I gasped. "Really?! Are you kidding?!"

"No ma'am. You can start today if you like."

"Yes! I will!"

"Great! Come by here now and pick up your uniform. You start at 3:45; that's when Drake starts his shift. I put you two together because I thought you'd like that."

I'd come to really like Jessica.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much Jessica! I'll be there in like, ten to fifteen minutes to pick up the uniform!"

"No problem!"

And with that she hung up. I checked the time. 7:23. Damn.

Nevertheless, I hopped out of bed and threw on a simple outfit: navy blue Hollister sweatpants, a white t-shirt, and some boots. Ah, lazy day attire. Gotta love it.

I brushed my teeth, put my hair in a messy bun, and grabbed a quick breakfast. I didn't bother putting on makeup. I didn't feel like it; not at this hour.

I went ahead and wrote Drake a note, just in case he wonders where I'm at.

Drake,

I got the job! Went to go pick up uniform. We both start at 3:45. Jessica put us together shift-wise! Yay! Be back soon!

- Nicki

Then I headed out the door. This was the start of a new era.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.9K 16
It's a nicki/cardi/you story Just read the damn story😐
97.6K 4.8K 22
BeyoncΓ© just got out of an abusive marriage. A start over is what she needs, so when her best friend Nicki Offers her the vacation home in the Baham...
475K 11.1K 39
Danielle Martin isn't a typical girl in high school. She doesn't wear tight clothes or pounds of makeup, she isn't popular and isn't really a big fan...
165K 7.1K 27
rihanna always wants what and who she can't have, and she can't have nicki. or can she?