Chasing December (#wattyaward...

By lalamusicisme

There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs
Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have to Take Some Eyes Out
Chapter 4: We Can Make Our Own Later
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?
Chapter 6: I Drool Looking At You With Clothes On
Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons
Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask
Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion
Chapter 10: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic
Chapter 12: You Like Watching Me Sleep Or Something?
Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry
Chapter 14: Like In The Movies
Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People
Chapter 16: Ranger Toto
Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code
Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies
Chapter 19: You Want To Touch It Then Be My Guest
Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me
Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara
Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red
Chapter 23: Create A Nudist Colony
Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering
Chapter 25: My Birthday Suit For Your Birthday
Chapter 26: I'm Not Getting Naked
Chapter 27: Where Do Babies Come From?
Chapter 28: You Were From Two Different Worlds
Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations
Chapter 30: Never Ending Game Of Tug-O-War
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child
Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out
Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day
Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now
Chapter 35: I'm the Bunny & I Hurt the Snake
Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay
Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel
Chapter 38: I Got You December
Epilogue
Deleted Scenes/Drafts/Songs/Extras

Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze

170K 3.6K 999
By lalamusicisme

Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze

"Sometimes what we need in life is not what we want and sometimes you have to learn that the hard way."

(I make these quotes myself unless stated otherwise.) Comment +Vote It'll get better.

December’s Pov.

School the next day was interesting to say the least. On my normal daily walk to school I saw Hunter across the street heading in the same direction. Where was his old black motorcycle he usually rode to school? I looked down at the gray pavement in deep concentration noting the intricate speckles of different colors in the concrete.

I tried not to glance in his direction on my way, but like Eve and the apple; temptation is a hard thing to resist. Every time I would cast my eyes in his direction and he would be looking at his phone intently. As I was reaching the stop sign before the school building came up, I glanced over at him but this time I was caught. A small smirk slithered onto his face and I immediately regretted my decision. I don’t know what made me look over at him. Perhaps because walking to school was such a normal thing to do, and nothing about Hunter was normal.

I mean he wasn’t a super outgoing person, but he wasn’t a suffer in silence quiet person either. I’ve never really been around him long enough to tell, but from what my uncle tells me; he’s pretty obnoxious. Which is just another reason why should stay away from him, we were just too different.

I crossed the street as fast as I could and met up with Anna. I mean it seemed like I was fleeing a crime scene but I had to make it out and away from him as soon as possible. To him it probably looked like I was afraid of him; but I wasn’t. I don’t think. I was just afraid of what he was capable of. I’ve heard plenty of rumors about Hunter and Tristan, but my uncle gave me these strict instructions, though he never told me why.

Our school was a nice brick building with glass windows everywhere to give it a un-prison-like look. Though it was basically a prison, I mean what school wasn’t?

I was too preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn’t realize that Anna was talking to me till she snapped in my face. “December, December” she repeated until she finally gained my attention.

“Sorry Anna. Yeah?” I said looking at her face which was filled with confusion.

“What’s up with you?” She asked continuing to walk and pulling out a piece of strawberry gum.

“I don’t know, just a little out of it today.” I replied with a shrug, to be honest I was thinking about my encounter with Hunter though it was small, I think its better that we never actually talked at all.

“Well get into it, we have a Math test. But what’s been on your mind?” She asked blowing a bubble with her gum; her eyebrow was raised in question. Just because Anna wasn’t assertive it didn’t mean she wasn’t a girl and a dirty-thinker. More or less she’d voice her opinions to me about people to spare their feelings.

“Nothing really. I mean it nothing, I’m just pissed about that Hunter never brought my chips.” A little white lie never hurt anyone, I know she’s my best friend but something’s aren’t worth mentioning and Hunter was one of them. It wasn’t like I was going to talk to Hunter ever again, everything that happen was settled when he brought my chips last night to my house. Plus Anna would make a big deal out of the fact that Hunter knew where I lived, of course she wouldn’t snitch on me to my uncle but she would lecture me on things I already knew and wasn’t going to let happen.

“Yeah, but you got to think about it this way December. This is Hunter we’re talking about, you didn’t really expect for him to come through did you?” But he did, surprisingly. “Anyway, it doesn’t matter; your uncle gave us strict instructions to never interact with him anyway. He’s irrelevant to who we will be.” I gave her a small smile and a nod because she was right.

I waved to Anna as she headed into her first period class, but before I could walk too far a hand reached out and gripped my shoulder. It wasn’t hard enough to hurt but enough to stop me in my tracks. I turned my head to see the culprit who was making me late.

“Why’d you lie, October?” He whispered, his breath tickling my cheek. He was so close that I could smell his scent. It smelled a bit natural like it was a home scent. He smelled like fresh laundry and warm chocolate chip cookies. It smelled incredible.

“I—neither she— nor anyone else, not even you, needs to know that you’ve been to my house. We shouldn’t even be communicating right now.” I whispered forcefully, peeking around hoping no one decided to eavesdrop.

He merely smirked and I opened up my mouth to wipe that smirk off his face, but he spoke. “Aw come on October, what’s with you and me?”

I stuck my finger to his chest and walked closer while he backed up with amusement in his eyes. Everyone else was already in class so no one could see me talking to him. “There’s nothing with you and me, Hunter!” I glared poking my finger deeply into his firm chest, “And my name is December!”

“Calm down, let me rephrase that. What’s with you and your anger towards me?” He crossed his arms on his chest and leaned back into the lockers. I was too angry to realize that I was going to be super late to class or to see that I was too close to him.

“I just know that you’re no good. So stay away from me Hunter, and I mean that.” And with one last glare and smell, I stomped off in the direction of my class. I pulled my light blue cardigan closer to my body and made my way into the classroom and plopping into my seat. I hoped that would be the last time I would speak to Hunter unless it is required.

I sighed out of relief and contentment and got focused into the lesson that was being taught in this Science class.

I didn’t realize that I had said the wrong words to Hunter, I mean from what I’ve heard about him he definitely lives up to his name. He’s a hunter for what he wants, but I was sure that it wasn’t me. There were plenty of girls around here that are willing to waste their time with the philandering idiot.

When lunchtime finally came around I walked in a slow speed to the lunchroom, Anna and I talking about random things. When we got inside I pulled out my student I.D and got the school lunch, which were mini corn dogs. Anna settled for a salad from the salad bar and her usual Sunkist.

We sat down at our normal table and talked about this guy that Anna thought was super adorable in her Med Bio class.

“So since it’s our senior year and we get to basically take it easy are you gonna go for a boy that interests you?” She stole one of my corn dogs and ate it with a small smile.

 I glared at her and said “No, there’s not a boy in this school that interests me enough. I need cuteness and smartness, which our school is severely lacking in.” I poked my corn dog in the ketchup absentmindedly.

“Are you sure? What about uhm—giving Kristofferson a chance?” She tried with a laugh knowing that, that boy was the prime example of what I did not want. Sure he was cute with his baby blues and blonde hair but his personality stunk and I wasn’t about to be the one to just deal with that.

“How about… Hunter?” She tried again and this time I whipped my head up so fast I almost got whiplash. A bright smile that mirrored the cat from Alice in Wonderland smile appeared on her face.

“No! Stop what you’re thinking. Most definitely not, no never will I ever. Get your head out of that dark place you call your thoughts!” I told her frantically knowing what she was thinking.

She placed her manicured hands up in surrender. “Whatever you say December, they say ‘you only get defensive when it’s true’!”

“Well it’s not; I was just shocked to see you say his name without worrying someone would hear you.” I shrugged looking back at the food left on my plate. I threw my plate away into the nearest trashcan and pulled my cardigan down a bit to cover my hands.

We continued our normal routine walking outside to bask in the sun, and feel the cool air since the school was a bit hot today. I looked around and I immediately made eye contact with Hunter. The side of his lips pulled up a bit and that unnerved me.

 I shook my head adverted eye contact and sat down on one of the benches with Anna. “So I see Hunter likes what he sees?” She teased and I gave her the most serious and straight face I could muster up.

“Seriously stop Anna; I don’t even want you to entertain that thought. I’ve taken my warnings and I’m living by them.” I replied hoping that she would see that this wasn’t something I wanted to play with.

“Lighten up! You know I’m not serious. Besides he as cute as a baby's sneeze, but I can’t help but wonder. If Hunter was a ‘good boy’ would you date him?” She asked serious about the question.

I sighed and replied “ A baby's sneeze? Where do you get these? But maybe, I don’t know! I mean I can’t deny that he’s cute, but there are no ifs, he’s not, and I don’t want to.”

Once lunch was over I went to my class without much fault, it seems like Hunter was listening to what I asked of him. I was sitting in my government class and waiting for the teacher to start. Hunter strolled in his book bag hanging off him loosely. The only other seat was next to me, and I had that seat occupied by my book bag.

He looked around and though he could have easily glared at anyone and they would get up from their seat he decided he would come annoy me. He pushed my bag off the chair and gave me a pointed look, as if ‘try me and I’ll make it worse’.

I just stayed silent and sat facing the front of the classroom not even sparing Hunter a glance. He decided he was going to mess with me though. First he threw little pieces of paper, and then he started humming and tapping his pen against the table.

“Stop, you know what you’re doing.” I hissed glaring at him and smacking the pen out his hand. He smirked at me.

Every other class we had together he wouldn’t talk but he would bother me by doing little things that would make anyone frustrated.

When school was over I did my usual routine, I stopped at my locker and walked out with Anna, waved goodbye to her and started on my way home.

“So you don’t want me to talk to you at school, so what about on your way home?” I jumped from the sudden voice right next to me.

“Hunter we don’t need to talk ever. Point blank.” I told him sternly hoping he’d get the obvious picture I was painting.

“Why not? I think you might turn out to not be such a weirdo.” He replied with a shrug walking backwards in front of me.

We are two different people. We don’t need to talk, we have nothing in common. Also you’re not a good influence.”

“Oh, so this is about what you hear about me? Because if so, rumors are never the full truth and you shouldn’t judge me before you know me, February.” He told me looking into my eyes intently.

“See this is why I don’t want to talk to you! My name is December and rumors or not, I know from a reliable source.” I kept walking trying to get away from him and his beautiful scent. “Now leave me alone before someone sees me talking to you.” I tried shooing him but he wouldn’t budge.

“I’ll see you later, Cember.” He said ruffling my hair and walking across the street. I watched him go, and I just stood there angry at the fact that he was so persistent and that he still managed to get my name wrong.

Just a hot little thing with a bad attitude And I knew, I knew, I knew you were trouble baby-Christina Grimmie, Tell My Mama

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7M 774K 50
"Your problem is that your heart is too big, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you weak." He spoke in such certainty that it brought tears to my eye...
184K 5.7K 15
Disclaimer: this book ended up being more fluffy than smutty coz I lost inspo...I'm sorry 🥺👉🏾👈🏾 MORE IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: this book is a mess...
328K 10.9K 35
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
119K 3.2K 29
I left behind the scared girl I was. I didn't want to be her anymore, and standing up to those who bully is what I should have done from the beginnin...