speak | minishaw

By apatheticsdmn

"prefer to not speak, because speech only creates mayhem." started writing - 14th of jan completed - 21st of... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
epilogue - 67
added extra - 68
a few months late thank you

7

4.4K 130 8
By apatheticsdmn

They pair both freeze as the older man glares at Harry, Harry feels awkward with the eyes on him, the man steps forward, face to face with the boy, before pushing him onto the floor.

He hits his head and grumbles, Zoe walks over and starts to shout at her disrespectful father.

"Dad!" She pushes him, but the push is soft towards him, as he grabs her arms squeezing her tight. She can't get out of his strong grip, as she tries to squirm out.

"Get that fucking gay kid out of our house!" He screams loudly in Zoe's ear. He lets go of her, as Harry looks at her arms and notices the red from her dads grip, he starts to stand up, stumbling a little bit.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Her dad screams.

Harry is so fucking scared, but he tries to look tough.

Don't cry don't cry don't cry!

Her dad comes and grabs his collar of his shirt before shoving him into the wall, he raises a fist and before Harry can try to get out of his hold the hand connects with his face, as a hard punch is made contact, he feels the swollen pain, blood forming, he punches him hard, and he watches as Zoe is slumped over on the side.

Panic Attack.

She hides her face as she tries to breathe, Harry looks at himself in the mirror, noticing as he is getting punched, not trying to stop it, he sees his eye, turning a shade of purple, his bruised cheek and blood gushing out of his mouth, he looks horrible.

"Don't you fucking care about your daughter!" Harry screams.

He lets go of Harry, sliding down the wall as he turns around to see his daughter in a fit, tears falling as she grips her, pulling at the strands, as she rocks herself back and forwards.

"Zoe! Zoe stop!" He yells.

"You stop! Don't hurt him!" She yells.

Harry crawls over to the girl, and she comes into his arms, as she soaked him in tears, her father watches the warm embrace, looking at how his daughter is crying on her bedroom floor, hugging some gay guy with a face screwed up from the pain of his fists, and how he is dressed like a girl.

"Get him out of my house!" He yells, not even caring about anything. Not caring about the pain he had put the boy and girl through, not caring about his own daughter and how she was having a panic attack.

He was a stupid excuse for a father.

"Dad, don't!" She screams.

He pulls Harry off of Zoe, and takes him into the hallway.

"Where the fuck is your normal clothes, take that off!"

Harry avoids eye contact with Zoe as he looks over to the wooden door. He doesn't want to take what he was wearing off, he felt happy dressing like a girl for a minute. He liked pink a lot.

Harry lifts off the flower crown from his beautiful brown hair, and takes the pink sweater off, revealing his 'masculine' clothes, that were for 'boys' apparently.

Zoe hands him his shorts, as he slips off the skirt in front of them both. He puts his shorts on and stands in front of her dad.

"Happy now?" He asks as he runs down the stairs, Zoe follows him as he runs outside and onto their lawn, she runs to him, but he doesn't want to face her right now.

"Harry, Harry, Harry!" She screams, he stops dead in his tracks, his fist scrunched up together in a tight ball, and turns around, her eyes are bloodshot, but so are his.

"Look at you, you need to go to the doctor," she whispers. Stoking the bruised cheek and tracing her finger around the outline of the black eye, he looks at her from underneath his long dark eyelashes, noticing how beautiful she is. How lucky anyone is to know her.

"Your dad is crazy for thinking your a waste of space," he mutters. She mouthed thank you.

He picks up his bag that Zoe had taken with her when he had run, since he had forgotten it in his room, he doing it over his shoulders.

Her finger feel to his lips, as some of the blood dripped onto her fingers, she gave him a look, he didn't deserve this. He was such a nice person.

"I'm so sorry," she cries.

"It's not your fault, it's the fucking world, I get judged on whatever I do," he huffs in disappointed.

"But you shouldn't, at least not on that, you looked so happy in those clothes, you deserve to be who you want to be, don't let anyone take that away from you, my dads a dick, I wish I didn't have to live with him," she grunts.

"My parents don't really know I exist half the time," Harry replies.

Zoe grabs out her phone, and opens it up before clicking on the contacts app, she passes her phone over to Harry, to which he types his number into.

"If you need to talk, message me," she says.

"If you need to talk, message me," he repeats.

She laughs as the hug, her legs dangle above the ground as he tightly hugs her as she is shorter than him, he placed her back onto the ground softly.

She gives him a friendly kiss on the cheek.

He starts to walk off down the road, as Zoe waits there patiently, waving every time he turned around to see if she was still there, until Harry disappeared out of her sight,

Harry felt giddy about today, he had met someone who understood him, and let him be him to the fullest, someone that wouldn't judge, someone that loved him for him.

Zoe also felt giddy, she was able to open up about everything that had happened and she had met someone who would listen to her, someone that wasn't like her usual crowd, someone who was more relaxed and quiet. She liked that.

Zoe walks back to her house and walks up the stairs and collapses onto her bed before grabbing out her phone.

Harry gets home and opens to the door to his family on the couch watching tv, he goes to the bathroom and looks at his face before wiping off the blood on his lips and chin, then walks to his bed before collapsing and throwing his phone next to him.

Ping.

Zoe: You ok?

Harry: I'm fine, what about you?

Zoe: My dad is not talking to me, he's chatting with Joe, like always :(

Harry: You think he will tell Joe about me being at yours today

Zoe: No he wouldn't, if he did then he would talk about it to me, and he doesn't like me and Joe talking to each other

Harry: Why not

Zoe: He's always wondering if I'll tell Joe what he's doing

Harry: You have to tell them eventually don't you

Zoe: I will

Harry: Is that a promise

Zoe: That's a promise

Harry: I'll see you tomorrow at school

Zoe: Actually we won't, no offence, but I can't, the boys would question me about you and why I am hanging out with you, and I don't want my brother and boyfriend on my back right now

Zoe: Harry?

Harry: Night

It wasn't night, but Harry ended the conversation, he knew that she was right, and it wasn't her fault that she was not going to hang out with him tomorrow, the boys would be angry at her for hanging with someone who is a total nerd.

She was cool, she was popular, he wasn't.

Harry opened his window and looked out the window. And once again he spotted Simon, he always seemed to be looking at Simon, but what wasn't their to look at.

His beautiful face, his sparkling blue eyes and blonde brown hair mix, his tallness, he was skinny and had a beautiful smile, and he was popular and cool.

But he walked off, and Harry was alone. So alone.

He went down for dinner and nobody noticed his face that was bruised and hurt. Everyone ate their dinner in silence and left, Harry the only one at the table now.

And he let a small droplet of water run from his eye.

He was so alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 47 12
I don't how to write the description, but I just wrote what I had in mind. This is my first official book so if it's bad don't judge me. *COMPLETED*
19.4K 473 9
Harry was always the type of person to accept dares. In the span of two weeks, he'd drunken water out of various strange things, ran through his scho...
131K 5.2K 53
❝you can love someone so much...but you can never love people as much as you can miss them❞ a story told in letters. [miniminter] started: 06/08/16 f...
33.3K 765 22
╰─➤ 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝: 𝟏𝟖 / 𝟏𝟏 / 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕 ╰─➤ 𝐒𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐓𝐨: 𝐏𝐡𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐄𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧