Wind of hope {FMA OC fanficti...

By All_in_Art

The world where I am born is cruel. My country, this so small country, Amestris, is leaded by war, in hope pe... More

Prologue
Human transmutation
Chapter 1 : I want to die...
Chapter 2 : Meeting the Elric brothers
Chapter 3 : Avoiding an expected humiliation
Chapter 4 : I am not strong
Religion ; a reason to live?
Chapter 5 : The town in the East
Chapter 6 : More than you can imagine
Chapter 7 : The scars in our heart
Chapter 8 : Soulless
Home
Chapter 9 : The mines village
Chapter 10 : I watch you
Dog of the army
Chapter 12 : Quick departure
Chapter 13 : Mysterious encounter
Chapter 14 : Hurricane
Side story : A first mission (Special Valentine's Day)
Chapter 15 : Train ride
Chapter 16 : Prelude to a new departure
Chapter 17 : The truth behind the truth
Family
Chapter 18 : Welcome to Resembool
Chapter 19 : Aware of myself
Chapter 20 : The trap is slowly closing...
Chapter 21 : The secret of the Stone
Chapter 22 : A coin, two sides
Quick note
Chapter 23 : Forever, goodbye...

Chapter 11 : New horizons

173 14 10
By All_in_Art

My fingers nervously tipped on my blanket as I looked through the window. I had only been three hours but I couldn't hold it anymore.... Why was my leg broken?! Now, I would be stuck with beguiles during three months! I looked down and frowned. My project was ruined! I planned to go to Central to try the State Alchemist exam this year, but with a broken leg I wouldn't be able to do the last test, practice. It was awful, horrible... Alphonse entered in the room t check if I was alright or not, beguiles in his right hand.

-I brought those for you, he said kindly.

-Thank you, I nodded with a slight smile.

He put them close to my bed before looking back at me.

-Ed went here this morning. You were asleep.

-Oh.... I said, did he say anything?

-He has a solution for this town's problem, I can't tell you though.

I poured slightly, crossing my arms and tilting my head, hoping I would make him fail.

-Please? I promise not to tell anything!! I swear!! I begged him winking.

The young brother sighed and shook his head as if he had no other choice. I knew he just wanted so much to tell me! I smiled, proud of my little victory as he took a chair and explained me anything. I was surprised Edward actually broke the laws to transmute stones in gold, and all of that to buy this stupid lieutenant Yoki! I stretched my automails when he ended his story, laughing.

-He's so evil! I commented.

-Are you not too...? Alphonse sighed again.

-Glad to know you think I'm someone bad~ I teased him.

-You changed.

Those two words stopped me right in my speech. What did he mean? Did I become bad? Was I even worse than before? I bit my lower lip discreetly not to show my confusion. He simply chuckled.

-In the good way. Edward was so surprised when Kayal told him about how you saved him!

-H-he told... Edward...? I stuttered suddenly feeling embarrassed.

We weren't getting along pretty well recently, and I was scared of what he could think about me after all I said and did... Alphonse chuckled once again then told me his brother's exact words:

-He said "this girl is weird, but we must bear with her or Mustang will kill us"!

I frowned, suddenly vexed.

-I'm going to kick his ass later.... I mumbled looking away.

We both laughed as I tried to get out of my bed, grabbing my beguiles. Ugh... I was so dirty... How was I supposed to take a decent shower with my cast?? And where was the shower anyway? And my suitcase? So many useless questions in fact...

-I'm going to take a shower alright? I told Alphonse, then I'll come with everyone.

-Won't you need help?

-So innocent... I muttered for myself, no thanks! I'll be alright with my alchemy!

I was about to leave when I stopped.

-Where are my things? And the bathroom? I asked him sweatdropping.

***

I was alright. A good shower, clean clothes, and the world is awesome again! I went downstairs, doing the best I could with my beguiles, focused on my thoughts, when I missed a step and ended directly on the floor. I was welcomed by a general laughter, for my greatest embarrassment as I looked stupid, struggling with my beguiles to stand up. Kayal gave me a hand and helped me up.

-Thank you for yesterday, Karen, he said, and I suddenly felt so weird.

It was a mix of sadness, joy, I didn't even know, but I cried, without realizing it. I hugged the little boy tightly, dropping my beguiles on the floor. Maybe I was too happy to see him safe after all of that... Kayal seemed amused by the situation, and he kept repeating I wasn't as brave as I looked. Kids loved teasing me... But I didn't care, I was so glad he was alive...

Someone slammed the door opened, all of a sudden, and I jumped. This small silhouette... This red coat... This single strand of hair...

-Big brother! Alphonse exclaimed.

Edward Elric.... So he was back, finally. What did he do with all the money? And what was this paper in his hand?

-I am the owner of this village! he declared, leaving all of us speechless.

Seriously?? And then he started saying nonsense about how this paper was crafted, the quality of the box, even the key!! What could be the price for something like that?? I was sure even with all of my brother's money, we wouldn't be able to buy it!!

-Two rooms and meals! the small boy declared.

-It's a lot, indeed! the inn keeper laughed, I'll take it!

-Deal then! Edward smirked.

I smiled and cheered with everyone. When suddenly, the lieutenant decided to show up and started talking about how his gold turned into stones. Without being able to stop myself, I startled laughing, holding my belly and dropping my beguiles. This was so priceless!! And so Edward-like!! The military turned his head toward me, surprised. He must have never noticed me. And smirked.

-She's not as important as you and your brother, Fullmetal Alchemist. Take her.

Not even taking care of my broken limb, they grabbed me forcefully. I didn't try to resist, that wouldn't even be funny.

-Oh Edward, you'll say my brother that this lieutenant's men took me~ I smirked.

-Of course, he'll be so happy to punish Yoki! he replied the same way.

-Y-your brother....? he asked me.

I acted innocent as tilted my head.

-Well, Lieutenant-Colonel Roy Mustang, the Flame alchemist! I'm sorry, you didn't know he had a sister? I smiled.

-Release her!! Release her now!!! he yelled before running away with his men.

I laughed and Edward shouted.

-I'll be so glad to put this in my report!!!

-He's not going to get away so easily, I stated grabbing my beguiles.

-Sure thing! he smiled at me.

***

Edward stared at me a long time in the train. I felt awkward, did I have something on my face?? Finally, Alphonse broke the silence.

-We both think of you differently now, Karen. You don't need to be scared of how we consider you anymore, he said.

Edward agreed.

-You're yourself, just don't be to annoying~ he smirked.

-I'll do my best, I answered.

I was now ready for our future adventures.

//Hey!!! The new chapter is here!! I hope you enjoy it and are impatient for the next one!!

Karen: yeaaaah, and how do I do for my LEG?!
Me: again?? I told you it'd be fine!!
Karen: I feel USELESS!!
Me: oh please....
Karen: when will I be able to be a state alchemist?! Next year??
Me: when was it even decided?! O.o
Karen: you write my story but have no idea of my choices.... I decided to become a state alchemist when I saved Kayal, because.... It would be a new start, a new life
Me: ah. A new you....
Karen: stop laughing at me!!! > <
Me: biggest author not ever.... anyway, see you soon!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 365 12
You and the Elric Brothers were great friends when you were younger. But after they attempted human transmutation, they burned their house down and l...
153K 6.1K 60
You fall to the ground, unconscious. Ed's grin turns down and his eyes widen in horror. A bright yellow light fills the room. He traces the thick bla...
59.5K 1.9K 45
Jane is an otaku, like you and me. But one peaceful day, she... Falls in the world of Fullmetal Alchemist. How is she going to come out? Can she die...
21K 481 29
This fic is about Ed and Envy coming together romantically because their differences, with a bit of problems along the way. They will eventually fin...