It's Complicated - A Gary Bar...

By BarlowsBum

As Gary Barlow receives the offer of a lifetime, the chance to reignite his career and get back doing the one... More

It's Complicated
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Epilogue

Chapter 29

754 9 2
By BarlowsBum

I wake up failing to prevent the massive grin spread across my face as I think back to what happened last night. It was truly the best way imaginable to end any couple's first Valentine's Day together. I look to my left and see Michelle, laying peacefully on her front, left arm draped across my chest as her head is turned the other way. I can't help but feel my heart almost burst every time I look at her. She truly is the love of my life. 

I mean, I thought I was in love with Rianne, my ex-fiancé, but when I compare the two feelings I have felt for these two girls, I realize that what I had with Rianne, was absolutely nothing compared to what I currently have with Michelle.

I look to my right and reach for my phone on the the night stand. 

''What time is it?'' I mutter to myself a little drowsy still.

07:15

Great. I won't be going back to sleep then. I slowly peel Michelle's arm off of my chest so I don't wake her. She looks exhausted. Well to be honest, I probably left her very jelly legged last night. God we were at it for hours.

'New record, Barlow'

I had planned to go for a run, but with the state that my legs are in this morning after last night, I know I would collapse 5 minutes in. I decide on an early shower and then I'd surprise Chelle with breakfast in bed and we'd spend the day cuddled up together on the couch in front of the fire. I know its the middle of February, but it's still nippy out there. 

I slide towards to bathroom at the end of our bathroom, not bothering to put on any clothes. The only person who'd see me is Michelle and she's said it on multiple occasions that she's prefers me naked anyway. I close the door quietly and flip on the shower taps. I watch as the room quickly fills with steam and I can feel my body heat up instantly. Nothing beats a good hot shower to wake yourself up in the morning.

I'm practically blinded as I step out of the shower as the entire room has now been filled to capacity with steam. I wander half hopelessly towards where I think the towel rack is and to my relief, I find my hands make contact with something fluffy and soft.

I open up a small window in the corner of the bathroom to allow some of the steam out and a few minutes later I can actually see what I'm doing. I secure the towel tightly around my waist and stand in front of the mirror. I can't help but grin like a child when I look at myself. I'm not vain or anything like that, I'm just so proud of myself for the dedication and hard work I've put in to get back in shape. I mean, I can almost say that I can feel confident about walking around in Dubai with Michelle without a shirt on. I mean, I will look like nothing compared to Michelle but that was always going to happen. She could be on a fashion runway if she wanted to with that figure!

I meander down the stairs lazily after deciding that I will continue to be the cute boyfriend and cook Michelle breakfast. I flick the kettle on as I pad over to the fridge to find some stuff so I can prepare two full English breakfasts for myself and Chelle. 

''Typical'' I mutter to myself as I come to terms with the fact that I have barely anything required to make breakfast. 

There's a shop on the corner just down the road so I grab my jumper and pop on some shoes and I'm off out the door. I casually stroll down the road towards the shop with a grin the size as Ronald McDonald. I can't help it. I'm just so happy with what has happened to me in the last 7 months or so; from getting the offer to go back on tour, to signing a new record deal, to have made up (practically) with Rob and finally, finding the love of my life. I honestly never thought that one man could feel this amount of happiness. I feel really truly blessed.

I bounce in through the shop door and am immediately greeted by the cute elderly shopkeeper, Barbara. She's gotten used to the fact that she has seen me everyday for the last few years since I moved in to the new house but I think she's been a bit taken a back since the news broke of the tour as I'm always greeted by a shy smile and she is sometimes lost for words. 

''Good morning, Barbara. Lovely day, isn't it?'' I say just as enthusiastically as I feel.

I met with just a shy smile and a mumbling of something that sounded a bit like 'yes..yes it is, Gary'. She is honestly adorable. I fly around the shop grabbing things that are needed and placing them in the basket; sausages, bacon, eggs, pudding, some mushrooms, beans and a carton of milk and orange juice and I'm set. 

''Find everything you need, dear?'' Barbara says and I notice that she seems more confident all of a sudden.

She is honestly so cute, I don't want her feeling nervous around me. I see her pretty much every other day. 

''I think so, love'' I say counting the items in my head on my fingers. 

''Yep, I believe I have all I came for ''

''Excellent, that will £8.13 so please'' she says to me in a chirpy voice that brings a small smile to my lips. 

''Lovely stuff. Keep the change, sweetie'' I say handing her a tenner.

A big grin appears on her face. 

''Thank you Gary, love. Have a lovely day, won't you?''

''I will indeed Barbara, you too'' 

I walk out towards the door the shop on my way home when something catches my eye. A tabloid of course. What else? Why? The reason I stop dead in my tracks was that there was someone on the front cover that looked really like me. Wait that is me! It's Michelle and I from last night. Written under the big, bold (and may I add extremely unoriginal) caption of; 

BARLOW FINALLY FINDS HIS BABE? 

There was a picture of myself and Michelle, sharing a tender kiss of the embankments of the River Thames in Chelsea on our romantic stroll home last night from The O2 Arena. I wasn't mad one bit. I mean it honestly made me smile. For once it wasn't lies that they weren't writing about me. This was actually true. I thought so anyway and I'm pretty sure Michelle thinks the same. 

'I've got to show this to Chelle, she'd love this type of thing'

 I turn back around to Barbara who is just pottering around keeping busy I presume. 

''Barbara, sweetheart. May I have this paper? Is that OK?''

''Yes dear. Please, please'' she replies with a massive grin.

She's an absolute star. I'll surprise her with some VIP tickets for the show as I have caught her singing away to a few of our songs when I've heard them playing in the shop a couple of times. 

''Thanks Barbara, I owe you one. Bye love'' and I bounce out the door.

 As I return home, I leisurely stroll on through to the kitchen where I flick on the kettle to have a cup of tea. As I'm waiting for it to boil, I decide to have a quick nose through the paper and have a read about myself and Michelle. 

I check my phone for the time.

08:07

It's actually, for once, an article that I enjoy reading. I smile more than once when I come across sentences like; 

''Loved up pop star Gary Barlow can't help but grin childishly as he strolls hand in hand with his girlfriend of 6 months, Michelle Williams''

or something else along the lines of; 

''After being through so much, professionally and personally, can Gary Barlow, the main driving force of 90's pop phenomenon 'Take That', finally have his happy ending?''

 and then there was the best one ever;

''Has Michelle Williams re-lit Barlow's fire?''

I must admit, that last one made me laugh.

Just as I hear the kettle click signalling that it was done boiling, something at the bottom of the page catches my attention, gluing me to the stool at the breakfast bar in my kitchen. I can't believe what I'm reading. Attached on to the end of the two page spread about Michelle and I was, a side note. I couldn't help but read it slightly aloud to myself, honestly half in shock and half in joy, if that is even a plausible combination.

''It's not just his new love interest that Barlow seems so happy to be spending a lot of time with. According to our sources, last night a certain somebody was seen rambling around the streets of Kensington Gardens, who we believe has had a lot of contact with Barlow recently''

Oh God, I live in Kensington Gardens, that my address basically, where I am right now.

''It hasn't been confirmed, but it is reported that Robbie Williams was seen in the area shortly after 11PM last night. Could there be another special partnership about to be (re)kindled?''

Attached at the bottom of the snippet was a very blurry image of a man, hood up, with what looked like a mobile phone to his ear. Could it be? Has Robbie come back from L.A to see me? All these questions begin to fly through my brain...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 447 87
As Gary Barlow prepares to enter the life as a solo artist once again, he feels that the nerves of being away from the boys may get to him again, jus...
4.9K 134 51
Simon Cowell's very busy man he's always working with his shows and working with his record label in his acts and everything right now.what day is al...
240 15 14
Zayn and Mr Payne are doing great together and everything but what happens when his father gets out of jail and comes back and tries to kidnap him ju...
22.2K 204 18
When Harry gets accepted into the biggest boyband, One Direction, he has a great opportunity. But when he starts to fall in love with a certain band...