Wind of hope {FMA OC fanficti...

By All_in_Art

The world where I am born is cruel. My country, this so small country, Amestris, is leaded by war, in hope pe... More

Prologue
Human transmutation
Chapter 1 : I want to die...
Chapter 2 : Meeting the Elric brothers
Chapter 3 : Avoiding an expected humiliation
Chapter 4 : I am not strong
Religion ; a reason to live?
Chapter 5 : The town in the East
Chapter 6 : More than you can imagine
Chapter 7 : The scars in our heart
Chapter 8 : Soulless
Home
Chapter 10 : I watch you
Chapter 11 : New horizons
Dog of the army
Chapter 12 : Quick departure
Chapter 13 : Mysterious encounter
Chapter 14 : Hurricane
Side story : A first mission (Special Valentine's Day)
Chapter 15 : Train ride
Chapter 16 : Prelude to a new departure
Chapter 17 : The truth behind the truth
Family
Chapter 18 : Welcome to Resembool
Chapter 19 : Aware of myself
Chapter 20 : The trap is slowly closing...
Chapter 21 : The secret of the Stone
Chapter 22 : A coin, two sides
Quick note
Chapter 23 : Forever, goodbye...

Chapter 9 : The mines village

215 14 7
By All_in_Art

I stayed stunned as we got out of the train station, because there was literally nothing. Well, nothing was a little bit too much maybe, but except mines, mines and... mines, there wasn't pretty much of stuffs in Youswell... Edward and Alphonse didn't seem to be excited as well...

-Everyone seems depressed... they noted.

I could only now in agreement and held back a laugh when a little boy bumped into Edward's head with a wooden bar.

-Hey!! Be careful!! he yelled at him.

The boy replied with a laugh before noticing he never saw us here. His eyes started to sparkle with happiness as he took Edward's hands in his.

-You aren't from here right?? You're tourists??

-We-

-DAAAAAD!!! WE HAVE CLIENTS!!!! he yelled.

I giggled, looking as Edward was being kidnapped by the young boy and it reminded me of my childhood...

-MOOOOM!!! WE HAVE A GUEST!!!!! the blonde girl shouted toward the mansion.

-I-I'm not sure.... I defended.

-Are you kidding?? I know you!!! You're my mom's student!! And it's not because we never met and it's your test day you can't enter!!

-But....

-I'm Katy, she smiled brightly, you??

-Karen.... I answered looking away.

-Well Karen, let's be best friends!!!

-WHAAAT???

A hand landed on my shoulder and I turned around, noticing Alphonse was calling me.

-What were you thinking about? he asked me.

-Oh nothing, I answered smiling lightly.

-Heh! Let's go! he said proudly.

-What's with you? You don't sound normal! I stated following him.

-It's just.... You laughed. And smiled, he told me softly.

I stated stunned during a second. Did I do that? Did I truly looked happy? So it wasn't impossible after all... I could be happy, really, and I didn't need to fake my feelings... Life was odd sometimes. A brighter smile drew on my face as I headed toward the inn, my hands crossed behind my back and holding my suitcase.

-Come on, your brother is going to wait for us, I noted.

He nodded and we both reached Edward while he was talking to the inn keeper. He was in fact negotiating the price of our room.

-400.000 for three persons?!?! That's stealing!!

-It was 200.000 for two, but, as you asked a separate room for the girl, I added 100.000 to the normal price, he smirked.

-ARE YOU KIDDING????

I felt embarrassed and came to him, frowning.

-Edward, I can pay for myse-

-I'll pay.

-But I-

-I'll pay, he repeated.

-You don't have to do that for me!! I protested again.

-What are friends for? You'll repay me when you'll be able to, because I know you don't have a cenz right now.

-How would I be able to pay the train then???

-Oh just shut up please.

I was taken aback. He wanted to pay for me??? But what for?! We just argued earlier and yet he was acting all nice and kind. I didn't get it.

-Why? I asked him.

He sighed in annoyance while giving the inn keeper the amount he wanted. Then stared at me right in the eyes, dead serious.

-Al and I made a bet. He won, I pay.

I gave Alphonse a questioning look. A bet? On what?

-On you smile, the younger brother admitted, if it was sincere, you wouldn't have to pay tonight.

What was this kind of bet..... I shook my head, crossing my arms.

-Dammit, you two are priceless! I laughed, but thank you, it really touches me.

I was honest, nothing could make me happier right now, knowing I had friends...

All the evening, Edward spent it fixing people's broken stuffs with his amazing alchemy, with Alphonse, while I was playing with the kids. I wasn't as good as the Elric brothers for "metal" alchemy, but I had hands, and Youswell's people had wood and sharp knives. So here I was, sculpting small figures of knights, princesses and dragons to entertain them and to create stories for them to listen. Particularly.... One. One I used to play with Katy when we were small. I grabbed my suitcase and pulled out a wooden figure of her that I made. It was the only one painted, because I had time to lose this day. The one which represented me was kept preciously next to her in her grave. They looked at me, not understanding.

-Let's say this is the princess's most influential servant, and...

I kept playing with them the story we made when we were kids with Katy. Until I hear a shout behind me. I turned around and saw Edward was thrown out of the inn. I looked at Alphonse with incredulity.

-They learnt he was a state alchemist.... he told me.

So they hated the state here... That was a good thing to know, I realized I'd also be thrown out if they knew my surname...

The night went by, Alphonse sneaked out to feed his brother and I stayed, talking to the people.

-So you say the military in charge of this place doesn't do his work? I raised an eyebrow.

-Indeed, we are harassed by the taxation always higher and higher, and we aren't well treated... the inn keeper sighed.

If my brother knew.... I would tell him when we get back to Central. He had to fire this guy, or at least try to convince his superiors if he could!! All of a sudden, the someone slammed the door and militaries entered brusquely. I stood up in a protective position in front of the kids while the inn keeper stayed still.

-Your inn is horrible as always, Howling, the military declared.

I hated his arrogant tone... Suddenly, Kayal, the inn keeper's son, threw a wet towel toward the military, who took it right in his face. If I wasn't scared for what was going to happen, I would already yell "nice shot Kayal!!". But I didn't. I didn't get to move either, because as I was going to defend him, Edward arrived and stopped a soldier's sword.

-Who are you?

-State Alchemist Edward Elric, he introduced himself while showing his pocket watch.

//it's me!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! I offer you a winter Karen for both Christmas and 2017!! I hope you'll like her as much as this chapter!!! ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 1.9K 45
Jane is an otaku, like you and me. But one peaceful day, she... Falls in the world of Fullmetal Alchemist. How is she going to come out? Can she die...
110K 4.5K 46
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
149K 5.8K 63
No one would call Sonia an ordinary teenage girl. She has no family left to speak of, was born with strange psychic powers, and is an improving alche...
151K 5.1K 31
"Now get married" ----- "Ed fucked everything up" ----- "Remind me" ----- "In your dreams" ----- "I love you" ----- "I'll never forget you" ...