You Have No Idea, My Dear Alp...

By eternity_xx

•••Completed••• ••He pushes me against a wall, like yesterday, but this time he starts trailing small kisses... More

•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•5•
•6•
•7•
•8•
•10• (Date Part 2)
•11•
•12•
•13•
•14•
•15•
•16•
•17•
•18•
•19•
•20•
•21•
•22•
•23•
•24•
•25•
•26•
•27•
•28•
•29•
•30•
•31•
•32•
•33•
•34•
•35•
•36•
•37•
•38•
•39•
•40•
•41•
•42•
•43•
•44•
•45•
•46•
•47•
•48•
•49•
•50•
•Epilogue•
•Final Authors Note•
•Important (And Exciting) Authors Note•
•Sequel•

•9• (Date Part 1)

258K 8.6K 2.3K
By eternity_xx

•Mara's POV•

I got up extra early today so that I can get ready with plently of time. Ryder said he would pick me up at nine so I have about two hours to get prepared.

I smile as I hop down the stairs. When I walk into the kitchen, mum and dad give me a look.

"Well someones cheerful for a Monday morning." Dad raises his eyebrows.

I pause as I reach for the cereal.

"Um, I just, uh," I stumble, "Ryder has a surprise for me." I blurt.

At least I'm not fully lying to them, Ryder really does have a surprise for me since he's not telling me anything about the date, only that I dress casual.

"Oh really!" Mum chirps, "What kind of surpirse?"

I laugh, "I don't know Mum, that's why it's called a surprise."

She huffs, "I guess."

I make my breakfast and watch a little bit of TV while I'm eating. When I look at the clock, I realise I only have an hour left.

I rush up the stairs and take a quick shower, washing my hair in the process. After I hop out, I go to my wardrobe and get the outfit that I planned out last night.

When it's on, I look in the mirror quickly. The high-waisted, light blue shorts are a light material, I have a flowy white shirt with a pretty collar, which I tuck into the shorts. I put a cute white belt with bow on the front through my shorts, and I smile at the outfit.

I go back into the bathroom and lightly curl the ends of my blonde hair, then tie it in a lose, high ponytail. After applying my usual amount of make up, I pop my head outside my door and make sure mum and dad have left for work.

I go downstairs and peek out the window, smiling when I see the car gone. I grab my black purse that has a long chain as a strap and put my iPhone, some money and some lip gloss in. By the time I've done all that, the doorbell rings and I calm myself before I go up to it and swiftly open it.

Ryder stands there with his messy hair a little styled today, not so much flopping over his face, it looks gorgeous as ever though. He's wearing faded denim jeans and a fitted t-shirt that outlines his muscles perfectly. When I look back to his eyes, I realise he was checking me out too.

I blush a little and step outside, closing the door and locking it.

"Ready?" I ask, turning to him.

He nods and pulls me to him.

"You look gorgeous." He whispers.

I avert my gaze and smile, "Thanks."

He chuckles and opens the door of his car.

Yes, that's right.

Car.

I pause as he stands there, waiting for me to get in to his black Sedan. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Since when do you have a car?" I ask.

He smiles, "I have a car. I just never use it." He shrugs.

I roll my eyes as I get in.

He comes around and gets into the driver's side, starting the car and backing out. When we exit the town I look over to him.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, hopeful he'll answer me.

"Nope," He shakes his head, "It's a surprise."

I huff and cross my hands over my chest, "I hate surprises."

Ryder chuckles, "No you don't, I think you love them."

I look out the window to hide my smile, I do love surprises.

"Told you." He says.

I turn and look at him, "I don't."

"I think the smile on your face said otherwise." He smirks.

"Whatever." I look back out the window, still smiling.

Ryder turns on the radio and 'Best Day Of My Life' comes on by 'American Authors'.

I grin and move my head to the beat.

"I'm never gonna look back! Whoa, never gonna give it up! No, please don't wake me now!"

I sing loudly to the song.

Ryder chuckles beside me.

"Come on, you know it Ryder! Sing with me." I plead.

He looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Please?" I ask, giving him my best puppy eyes.

He smiles and shakes his head, giving in.

I smile widely and get ready for the chorus as we both sing.

"Oo-o-o-o-oo! This is gonna be the best day of my li-ife! My li-i-i-i-i-ife!!!

And that is pretty much how the rest of the drive goes.

••••*••••

After about half an hour, Ryder pulls off the road and onto a long gravel driveway. The scenery we are in is beautiful, there are spands of gorgeous paddocks with aniamls in them, some vineyards, and fruit farms.

As we approach a house I squint to try and see where we are. We get through the driveway and then a sigh appears.

'Stewarts Strawberry Farm'.

A massive smile takes over my face and I jump in my seat, turning to Ryder.

"We're at a strawberry farm!" I exclaim.

He laughs and gets out, coming around to my side to open my door. He grabs both my hands and pulls me up, squashing me to his chest so that we are looking into each others eyes.

"That we are. And today, Princess, we are going strawberry picking." He grins.

I beam at him and let out a little squeal.

He laughs and take a step back, letting me close my door. He grabs my hand and we walk to the front desk.

A middle-aged woman is sitting at the desk.

As we enter she looks up and a warm smile forms on her face, she stands up and somes around the desk.

"Ryder! It's been so long." She says as she grabs him into a hug.

"Hi Aunty Mary. This is my date," He emphasises, "Mara."

She looks at me and a sparkle forms in her eyes, "Hi dear. I'm Mary, It's lovely to meet you!" She gushes, opening her arms for a hug.

I smile and move into her, returning the sweet gesture.

"It's nice to meet you too." I reply after we pull away.

"Stewarts in the field. You know where all the stuff is, help yourselves." She says and goes back to the desk.

Ryder takes my hand again and leads me through a door.

"Have fun!" Mary calls.

I giggle as Ryder takes me through some sort of factory.

"This is my Uncle's farm. That was his wife Mary." Ryder explains.

"So does Mandy know about this place too?" I ask.

"Oh no, this is the other side of the family. My dad's side, Stewart is his younger brother." He says.

"Oh, okay." I smile.

Ryder pushes on a door and the sunlight hits me as I squint my eyes and wait for them to adjust.

When they do, I gasp and sigh at the view. There is a wide field of glorious green leaves and storks, spots of vibrant red coat the area, already giving me the idea that the strawberries look delicious. The field is located in some sort of valley, because in the distance, intimidating mountains rise and hit the clouds.

"Do you like it?" Ryder asks.

"Like it?" I squeak, "Are you kidding me? I love it!" I laugh.

Ryder smiles and starts leading me to the side of the building where there are some racks with baskets, "I thought you might. I used to love coming here as a kid, mum and dad would watch as me and my sister ran a muck and ate the strawberries all day."

He smiles and laughs at the memories, automatically making me smile too.

"I didn't know you had a sister." I say as I get my basket.

"Um," A pained expression crosses his face, "She, ah, died a few years ago." He says, looking down.

"Oh, Ryder, I'm so sorry." I reply, touching his shoulder.

He looks up and gives me a small smile, "Thanks, but we don't have to worry about her. This is our first date and I want it to be special."

My heart speeds up at his words.

He gets his basket and we walk into the field.

"So, the best ones are the big ones, they hold the most flavour. But, don't pick them if they look withered or too green." He instructs.

I start picking a few and look up to catch Ryder looking at me.

A tractor pulls up beside us and the driver gets out, smiling at us.

"Hey kiddos! Ryder, I didn't expect you." He says, shaking Ryder's hand.

"Uncle Stewart," He nods, "This is my date, Mara."

Stewart turns to me and smiles, he holds out his hand, which I politely shake.

"Nice to meet you." I smile.

"Lovely to meet you Mara. Ryder deserves someone like you." He replies.

I giggle, "You hardly even know me."

"Sweetheart, I can tell just by looking at you that you're perfect." He winks.

I laugh and Ryder pulls my to him by the waist.

Stewart laughs, "Ryder, I already have a ma- partner. You don't need to worry." He smiles, but I pick up his mistake.

I wonder what he was going to say?

I shrug it off and excuse myself to look for more strawberries. About five minutes later, I look back to where Ryder was talking with Stewart and notice he's gone. I look around the field for him but don't see him anywhere.

He wouldn't just leave me out here would he?

"Ryder?" I yell.

There's no reply.

"Ryder?" I shout again.

I bite my lip and start to walk back up to the house.

Suddenly something grabs me from behind and I scream and my tiger instinsts kick in.

"Let go of me you prune!" I shout.

I go to kick the kidnapper, but then I hear him chuckle and relax when I realise it's just Ryder.

He puts me down, keeping his arms around me as I turn to face him. He's still laughing and I just glare at him.

"Prune? Really that's what you call someone who grabs you?" He laughs.

"It's the first thing I could think of!" I defend.

He shakes his head and reaches down to pick a strawberry off a bush.

"Open up, I'm sure you're dying to try one." He smirks.

I grin and open my mouth. He puts half the strawberry in my mouth and I bite into it, the delicious flavour spreading over my mouth.

Ryder eats the other half and throws the green top into the dirt. He looks at me and his gaze flickers to my lips.

Before I can think of what I'm doing, I lean in and he meets me halfway. He instantly slides his tongue into my mouth, the taste of strawberries linger like I've just eaten another one.

I wrap my hands around his neck and arch my back to deepen the kiss. He moans and wraps his hands around my waist even tighter.

We seperate when we need to catch our breaths.

He rests his forehead against mine, "You taste like strawberries." He chuckles.

I laugh, "This has been the best date." I smile.

"Princess, it's only just started."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

So I know I said I wouldn't be updating until tomorrow because I'm going camping, but that got cancelled because all the camping sites were closed because of the hot weather and fire danger and stuff. So meh.

But I did get to update! So here you go.

The chapter is dedicated to Eletee for the awesome idea for the date!

Photo of Mara's outfit to the side ------->

And the video of American Authors song 'Best Day Of My Life' which is the song Mara and Ryder were singing in the car :)

Thanks for all the reads!

Please comment and vote! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 75 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
25 0 38
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...