Love's Sorrow (Under Edits)

By imaginary_hero

Damian Wayne has it all. Money, girlfriend, good looks, big house and fame but he doesn't seem to care about... More

Chapter 1: Friday Evenings
Chapter 2: Winter Wind
Chapter 3: A Night Off
Chapter 4: Gotham Gossip
Chapter 5: Popularity
Chapter 6: Control Your Rage
Chapter 7: In The Rain
Chapter 8: Backstory
Chapter 9: Night of The Clair de Lune
Chapter 10: Backstage Scandals
Chapter 11: Cafe Noir
Chapter 12: Like Father Like Son
Chapter 13: work it out
Chapter 14: maybe he will be proud?
Chapter 15: Memory of Martha
Chapter 16: grayson pays a visit
Chapter 17: happy shoppers
Chapter 18: okay.
Chapter 19| Bring donuts
Chapter 20: bird bros
Chapter 21: Ethan makes enemies
Chapter 22: I promise.
Chapter 23: results and realisation
Chapter 24: all fun and games till someone loses an eye.
Chapter 25: cat videos
Chapter 26: no more gotham
Chapter 27: mary mary quite contrary
Chapter 28: mindful milkshakes
Chapter 29: Ethan's Return
Chapter 30: rivalry gets out of hand
Chapter 32: grumpy grannies
Chapter 33: lucky
Chapter 34: pink and purple
Chapter 35: not the greatest
Chapter 36: north or south
Chapter 37: lets talk
Chapter 38| Pencils are sharp
Chapter 39: Damian the good guy.
Chapter 40: There was two
Chapter 41: Grieving & Gotham
Chapter 42: recover & restart
Chapter 43: The Unexpected.
Chapter 44: metu mortis
Chapter 45: That damn ocean
Chapter 46| The devil's delight
Chapter 47| action reaction
Chapter 48| The beginning of the End
Chapter 49| Till the very end
Chapter 50| Ever after

Chapter 31: prince's and peasants

3.7K 134 51
By imaginary_hero

Mr. Johnson and Tim dragged Ethan into the school to the nurses office. Elena was harder to move. She was in shock. Ms. Julie was crying because she felt this was all her fault. Ms. Samson tried to get through to Elena. "Elena, sweetheart your going to catch a cold out here come inside please..",ms.Samson begged her. "I didn't know..I thought he was being normal",Elena said through her panicking breaths. Damian kept his arms around her, she was shaking. Damian was furious that he'd let this happen. Her dad, Lola attacking her and now this. Damian was trying to comfort her. But he wasn't very good at it. But he was trying. He was copying Grayson. Elena finally got up. Ms. Samson went back for ms.Julie who was crying her eyes out. Damian kept his arm around Elena as they walked down the pathway. "I'm fine now",Elena said wiped her eye. " I'm taking you to the nurses office",Damian said. "I'm not hurt I'm fine",Elena said becoming more calm. Elena looked back at ms.Julie and ms.Samson. ms.Julie kept say I'm so sorry and ms. Samson kept saying it's alright it's not your fault.

Walking across the the school yard was the hardest as everyone looked out the window of their classrooms at them. " ignore them Elena ",Damian kept saying. "I'm fine Damian really!",Elena gave out a weak laugh. "You're most certainly not fine",Damian said. Elena weakly laughed . "What did you eat for breakfast? A dictionary?",Elena joked. "Ha-ha very funny",Damian said sarcastically. "Ha my jokes always suck",Elena said feeling light headed. "Woah Elena I got you",Damian said and he held her arms tighter. 

He was worried she was going faint.

Rumours quickly spread around the school. None of them were actually true. Some even saying Ethan was poisoned and Elena was injured. An ambulance took Ethan away and Elena was doing fine in the nurses office. Damian had been excused from his classes for the rest of the day to take care of Elena. The nurse asked Damian to fetch ms. Samson and on Damian's way to her classroom he got stared at by everyone including teachers. One of Ethan's teammates stopped Damian. "She's some drama queen I bet he didn't even touch her next thing you know she's having a nervous breakdown",the boy with the mullet haircut laughed. Damian slid past him and completely ignored him. "Oui!get back here!",the boy shouted and he reached for Damian's shoulder but Damian was quick and moved his shoulder out of the boys way and kept walking. Damian wiped his shoulder as if there was dust on it. "For someone who goes to private school your quite the..how should I put this in words you will understand since your head works on a lower level then mine..how about Neanderthal?idiotic?or are those words still to hard for your little mind to comprehend.?",Damian didn't even change his facial expression. He left the boys speechless. "Well will you excuse me I have a teacher to find",Damian said as he continued on his quest.

Damian was the only one in the hallway without the school blazer and his tie was slightly undone and he had rolled up his sleeves. Everyone stared at him some even scoffed and sniggered and whispered things about  Elena."Morons",Damian said under his breath.

Ms.Samson was on the phone when Damian came to her classroom. When she got off the phone. She smiled at Damian. "The nurse wants to ask you something",Damian quoted the nurse. "Of course and Damian and you don't need to have your maths homework done for tomorrow",she reassured him."I'll do it anyway",Damian said sighed."of course you will",she laughed. When they got to the nurses office Elena was trying to convince the nurse that she was fine but obviously the nurse denied it. When Elena saw Damian, Elena pointed at him"Damian tell the nurse I'm fine!",she slightly yelled. The nurse looked at Damian. Damian shook his head as if to say no. Elena sighed. "I just got a fright! Jeez I don't want you guys to make a huge deal out of it.",she crossed her arms and pouted. "Elena I need to call your parents",the nurse said taking out her phone. Elena hesitated. Damian watched her reaction. "No! I'm fine really you don't have to bother them!",Elena pleaded. "Elena you need to go home",the nurse said trying to calm her down. Ms. Samson looked at the nurse."Nora can I speak to you outside for just a second?",ms. Samson said to the nurse. Ms.Samson knew about Elena's situation. When the adults had left the room.

Elena began to panic. "Damian they can't call my parents! They will freak out! They are leaving tomorrow for Sweden again! My dad will cancel his session and I don't want that! What am I going to do?",she said freaking out.

"First of all calm down",Damian said quietly."I'll figure something out I promise as long as you don't faint on me",he smirked.

Elena laughed."ill warn you next time the world starts spinning.",she laughed. The nurse came back in. "Is there anyone else I can call?",nurse said. She was white as a sheet. She had been informed of the situation.

Elena sighed. There was no one else. Her grandmother lived 4-5 hours away. "Ring my father.",Damian said getting an idea. The nurse froze."I don't think that's necessary..",the nurse nervously laughed. "Damian no don't it's fine",Elena said nervously. "No no once he knows the situation he won't mind at all",Damian smiled.

Bruce funded the school. "The headmaster can speak to my father if that's more comfortable for you",Damian stared at the nurse. She nodded nervously and left for the headmasters office. "He won't mind",Damian smiled again. "don't bother him at work Damian!",Elena felt horrible.

Bruce was sitting in a conference with S.T.A.R labs as they were going to take over the chemical wing of wayne industries after the mess john franklin left it in. Bruce was only half listening, when his secretary knocked on the door. "Mr. Wayne there's a phone call for you",she smiled. "I'm in a very important meeting can it wait?",he said politely. She looked at him nervously. "It's Gotham academy's headmaster...its about your son",she looked at him. "Is everything alright?",one of the scientists asked. Bruce sighed. "Which son?",Bruce said through his teeth. He was praying it was Tim. If it was Tim they would be giving him an award or something. "It's Damian mr.Wayne..it's very important..there's been a serious incident",she said. Bruce's face changed to a much more concerned one. Bruce stood up and buttoned his blazer."I apologise for this. It's family business, continue on without me.",Bruce said as he walked towards the door. Bruce picked up the phone. "Headmaster? Is everything alright?",Bruce asked."mr.Wayne my deepest apologies for disturbing you at work..but I'm afraid there's been an incident",the old man's voice crackled.

"Is Damian alright?",Bruce said concerned. "Oh yes! If anything he is the hero of the story..but a fellow student and friend of Damian isn't alright..",the headmaster tried to explain. . Bruce was confused and he closed the door to his private office. " What happened?",Bruce was a little annoyed that he had to leave a meeting for this. The headmaster explained everything to the best of his ability.

The bit where a "superman" flew down and saved Elena made Bruce a little angry. This was his city. "So what do you intend on doing with Ethan summers?",Bruce asked and he looked out on Gotham from his office. "Well I was going to suspend him for a few days",the headmaster answered. There was silence. "That's it?",Bruce said coldly. The headmaster felt a cold sweat. "Well..yes",he said. Bruce rolled his eyes. "Headmaster, I think you have failed to see the seriousness of this situation, the boy attacked the young girl on school grounds! Let me remind you who's pumping funds into your school. If this gets out to the media, I may have to cut my funding to save the good reputation my company holds. I expect this young boy to be Expelled immediately.",Bruce said very seriously.

The head master swallowed. "That is a bit harsh for the boy don't you think?..",he laughed nervously. "Harsh? You think that's harsh? You suspended Damian for ditching class when he was actually helping his friend mia(maps) once if you do not suspend Ethan summers I will have you reported to the department of education for neglecting Ethan's mental state and the seriousness of this situation do I make myself clear?",Bruce's voice went through the phone line. "Of course mr. Wayne, I will contact Ethan's parent at once",the headmaster said sheepishly. "Thank you and send them my regards",Bruce smirked to himself, the Summers always were very annoying to Bruce. "I will mr.Wayne.."the headmaster said weakly. "Now, I'll be over in 15 mins to collect the 3 of them",Bruce said clicking the button of the elevator. "3 of them?",the headmaster said confused. "I'll take Tim home as well no point having Alfred come back later for him",Bruce said. "Of course mr.Wayne I'll have them notified immediately",the headmaster said clearing his throat.

Bruce put down the phone and smiled to himself. Ethan had been getting to Damian and Bruce just took him out of the picture.

"Damian Wayne, Timothy Drake and Elena Smith please go to the office with your bags now",the intercom announced to ever class. "Don't those imbeciles know we are in the nurses office?",Damian growled.  "Aw Damian I would have been fine, your dad didn't have to come",Elena said grabbing her bag but Damian took the bag off her.
"I'll carry it",Damian said and Elena was too tired to fight him on it.

Elena and Damian walked to the office or sick bay where they would have to wait to be picked up. "Where's Tim?",Elena asked."TT, probably got lost on the way here",Damian laughed to himself. Elena looked at the poster up on the wall.

Damian saw her staring at it. "You going to that?",he asked as he sat down beside her.

Elena looked at him blankly. "Nah",she said and she sighed. "Why not?",Damian raised an eyebrow. Elena laughed. "Haha I have no one to go with and I ain't going alone",she smiled to herself. "Go with your friends Caroline  and Peony!",Damian tried to convince her. 

"Nah I'm gonna be the 3rd wheel again",Elena shrugged her shoulders. "But I'm guessing you're going",she smiled at Damian. "Haven't made my mind up",Damian said looking away."haha you're so lucky",Elena sighed.

Damian looked at her."why am I lucky?",he said as if she was joking. Elena stared at him."you don't get it do you?",she shook her head. "I'm lost Elena",he awkwardly smiled.

"Damian, most girls in this school wants you to ask them and most  guys envies you! Of course you will go and you're  gonna be like a prince and-",she covered her mouth.

There was an awkward silence and Damian stared at her. Elena was screaming internally. Elena went red. Then Damian started chuckling and then turned to hysterical laughing.

Elena watched as Damian laughed. She hadn't seen him laugh like this before, his laugh was weird but cute and it was unused."I didn't mean it like that..",Elena said quietly."you think"he laughed"I'm some kind of prince?",he held his stomach with laughter."well your dad is practically the king of Gotham so I don't know",Elena nervously laughed.

Damian sighed. "We have totally subsided from the main topic here",he was still chuckling. "That being?",Elena looked at him sideways. "You.",Damian raised an eyebrow. "Me?",Elena said confused."yes, why aren't you going to that dance thing?",Damian questioned."no ones going to ask me and I'm not going alone, happy?",Elena crossed her arms."I doubt that, why wouldn't someone ask you?",Damian looked confused.

Elena looked at him as if he was mad. "Okay I've had enough of 20 questions thank you very much",Elena said trying to change the subject. "Elena don't change the subject",Damian saw through it. Elena looked away.

"Elenaaa..",Damian tried to get her attention. "Where's Tim?",Elena asked."okay what you're doing that's called avoiding the question",Damian kept nagging her until she had had enough. "Damian",her voice sounded frustrated. "You know what fine. Why would anyone ask me?, oh I don't know? Maybe  beacuse I'm hideous, I have a the most worst fashion taste, I hate my hair-",Damian interrupted. "I like your hair.."there was an awkward silence. Damian closed his eyes and sighed. "I said that out loud didn't I?"Elena shook her was as if to yes.

They both burst into laughing. "Damian I just had a mental breakdown over something petty, let's face it no guy is every gonna like me",Elena sighed.

Damian pointed at her. "Hey that was not nothing, he invaded your personal space which is the height of ignorance and rudeness towards someone",Damian was getting himself worked up. Elena stared at him. "Okay either you did eat a dictionary this morning or you are secretly royalty",she joked.

"Well if I'm a so-called "prince", what are you?",Damian gave his trademark smile. Elena smiled back. "A peasant",she said and she didn't even need to think. "Compared to you Damian, I am nothing but a mere peasant",she smiled at him. Damian wasn't expecting that answer.

He thought girls would have thought of themselves as princesses, but nope, not Elena. Just as Damian was about to correct her Tim burst through the door and he was angry. "Why the hell am I going home?",Tim pouted and sat down beside Elena. Tim had ruined Damian's chance...as usual. "Nice to see you too brother",Damian grunted at him.

Tim totally ignored Damian. "Elena how are you feeling?",Tim asked nicely. "I'm fine thanks",Elena smiled. "She nearly fainted",Damian said without hesitation.

Tims's face dropped. Elena looked up and then death stared Damian. "Elena I didn't know..are you sure your okay?",before Elena could answer Tim, Tim answered himself. "Of course not! Your mom is coming to pick you up",Tim answered his own question. Damian sighed heavily. "No Timothy we are taking her home",Damian tried to be polite as possible.

There was silence. Elena closed her eyes and wished for this to be over. "I'm missing something aren't I....",Tim looked at Elena and Damian.

Damian shook his head at Tim. "Bloody idiot". Tim cleared his throat."well I'm gona run to the...you know...the men's room",Tim said as he awkwardly walked out of the sickbay. Elena laughed. "Tim's so funny",she smiled. "And stupid and dumb and ignorant and pathetic and-"Damian sighed"my brother". "So back to the whole "prince and peasant thing" why do you think yourself as a peasant?",Damian wanted to make his point clear."Well your the wealthiest kid in Gotham, making you the prince, I'm the peasant because..well...compared to you I'm a peasant or the common wealth as they said back then",Elena was seeing this conversation going no where."well fine then your a peasant",Damian smiled. "Yes..I am.",Elena was confused. "But...",Damian added.

He suddenly forgot what he was going to say. "You know that story..about the pumpkin and the mice and the weird unpractical shoe?",Damian had never read fairy tales.

Elena smiled. "Cinderella..I loved that story as a kid",Elena could see what Damian meant. "Yeah well your Cinderella then and you will get your "happy ending"thing or whatever you call it because all those things you said earlier are not true.",Damian was trying to cool with this but he felt dumb.

"Damian, what are you in implying?",Elena half laughed. "Go to the ball.",Damian said. Elena sat back. "Hehe I'm not going alone Damian",she retold him. "Come with me then",Damian's was heart was speeding and that was new for him.

Elena realised he wasn't joking. "Seriously?",she looked at him as if he was crazy. "Yes, seriously.",Damian was trying very hard at this when Tim came back in. "Bruce is here",Tim said as he picked up his bag. Damian closed his eyes and sighed, Elena started laughing. "Oh come on what have I missed now?", Tim moaned. Damian chuckled. "Idiot"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1.2K 24
Mark's relationship problems seem to fade away when he notices a person on the ground - by the road - and helping her would soon enough change his li...
150K 3.2K 9
Rosalinda Evans goes with her older sister, while she works as a nanny for the Heelshires. What happens when they see that Brahms is a doll? I don't...
39.1K 1.1K 74
COMPLETEDβœ… Rookie police officer, Axl Grace Johnson, goes to Hope County, Montana to arrest Joseph Seed, the leader of a doomsday cult, but what happ...
648K 32.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...