The Alpha Tyrant

By shirl35

None More

No escape
Only The Beginning
Setting The Trap
The Mating Gift
Protector
Markings
Revelations
Author's Note
Life And Death
Discipline
Trust
The Arrival
Jealousy
Life In His Hands
Losing Control
Entangled
Helpless
When Trapped In The Darkness
Goodbye For Now
No Such Thing As Perfection
When We Surrender
The Betrayal Cuts Much Deeper
When The Smoke Settles
Everything Comes Into Focus
A Mother's Love
A Mother's Strength
Secrets Revealed
Suffering Of A Reluctant Luna
The Price Of Holding On
Tarnished Love
Tested To The Limit
Stronger
Starting to Forget

Taking A Stand

2.1K 74 17
By shirl35

Jamie's pov

"Mama."

That voice.

"Mama."

So familiar.

"Mama."

So scared. I force my heavy eyes open, almost afraid that when I'm free of this dreamlike world I'll be alone. My vision is blurry, but when I try to wipe my eyes to clear them, my hands were too heavy to lift.

"That was a pretty dumb thing you did. You could have died if you didn't have a wolf, you know."

Recognizing the doctor's voice, I ignored him. It's not like he cares about what happens to me, I mean he is the one that drugged me while I was pregnant just so Quinn could rape me, I don't owe him any answers.

"The Alpha was going crazy, he even insisted that you be trained when you recover. Of course several members of the pack disagreed with him so he exiled them. I knew you becoming the Luna would destroy this pack."

I cleared my throat, ignoring the shocking information I had just received and forced myself to speak.

"You__________."

My voice came out as a raspy croak and I swallowed to wet my throat before I tried again.

"You're a coward then. Only a coward would let a thirteen year old child be mated to and raped by their own sire and stay quiet, while believing the whole time that they would destroy the pack. You could have stood by my Aunt Kathy when she needed it the most, but like everyone else, you stood by silently and allow her to be killed . . . if I do end up destroying this pack, it'll be because you and everyone else decided to sacrifice a child while looking the other way when you could have helped at any time."

My vision cleared enough to see him staring at me, his eyes wide with shock and his mouth opening and closing several times before he stalked out of the room.

"M-Mama?"

I gasped quietly as I finally  realized who the tiny terrified voice belonged to.

"D-Desmond?"

Reaching out carefully, I brushed a gentle hand across the bed, my whole body shuddering when my fingers brushed across the baby soft skin of his cheek.

"B-But I thought___________."

"Alpha Nicholas got your little letter and actually asked another Alpha to leave, just so you could keep your little brat."

I quickly struggled to a sitting position and scooped up my baby at the sound of Quinn's cold voice and heard him come closer.

"You might want to lose the attitude if you want me to train you."

"Train me? I don't want you anywhere near me."

"When are you going to figure out that no one cares about what you want. If you want to keep your pup, will be training with me starting tomorrow."

Sighing quietly I quickly nodded.

"Fine."

Quinn started out the door and I called out to stop him.

"Why did you decide to train me?"

"For some reason, he wants you to be able to defend yourself."

"Why? He knows I'll take Desmond and escape."

"You'd never be able to leave your other pups behind, Luna, we both know that. Now get some rest, you're going to need it."

Waiting until his footsteps faded down the hall before I turned away, shifting my complete focus to my baby.

"I-I'm sorry baby . . . I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to protect you, but I promise I will get strong enough for the both of us."

Whimpering quietly, he nuzzled my chin, slowly snuggling himself in my arms  and I felt a tear slip from my eye to slide down my cheek.

"Pathetic."

Slowly lifting my head, I turned to see who had spoken, my eyes widening in surprise when I realized that it was Dylan standing beside my bed staring down at me.

"W-What are you doing here?"

"I came to see if it was true, if our Luna was enough of a coward to end his own life"

I could feel myself growing angry at his cold tone and accusatory words. 

"Well now that you know it's true, you can leave. No one asked you to come here and whether I end my life or not has nothing to do with you."

"That's where you're wrong . . . If I have to suffer, then I'm not doing it alone."

"What are you__________?"

Everything that's happening to me is because of you.  I'm mated to the monster I'd managed to avoid since he tried to rape me in front of my family when I was only twelve years old . . .  I was trying to save myself for my true mate, but because of you I was offered up as some kind of prize to________."

"You had the chance to speak up. You could have helped me, but you stayed quiet like everyone else, so forgive me if I don't feel guilty about your situation."

Instead of attacking me like I thought he would, Dylan smiled at me almost proudly, nodding his head in approval.

"You do have some fight in you after all, l'm glad."

I stared at him confused and he quickly elaborated.

"If you have lost it all, I wouldn't have decided to help you get away from this place."

"Why? Why would you do something that crazy?"

"Oh, it's not that crazy . . . besides I'm coming with you."

Before I could question his insane plan, he quickly headed towards the door. I felt stupid, but I couldn't help the tiny spark of hope his words filled me with. I don't know if I should trust him, I don't know if I can really leave my pups behind,  but I do know I need to leave this place before it destroys me completely.

Eric's POV

Markus will barely speak to me. He woke me up before dawn, handed me a tray of food and told me to get dressed to leave as soon as I had finished. I slowly ate the scrambled eggs, bacon and toast, knowing as I  soon as I finished he would send me away. Finally the food was gone and I showered and dressed, making my way to Markus's office and knocked on the door and after a pause, Markus opened the door and came out holding a suitcase.

"Let's go."

Shaking my head, I stood where I was, refusing to follow him.

"Did you love me at all, Markus? After  giving me your pups and stealing my heart, how can you just throw me away like this?"

Instead of answering, Markus grabbed my arm, jerking me along behind him.

"Stop! I don't want this!"

"It doesn't matter what you want, Eric it never did. I want you to leave, so you're leaving."

"I hate you. If you do this, don't come back to look for me, because I never want to see you again."

Markus paused and I thought he had changed his mind.

"Then we both feel the same way."

My heart completely shattered at his words and I stopped struggling as he dragged me towards the stairs that led to the dungeon.

"Wait here."

I didn't respond, turning away from him and he made his way down the stairs. He soon came back with my mother following behind him. Walking past us, he picked up my bag and started towards the front door, ignoring us.

"Mom, why did he let you go?"

"He said he didn't want you to be alone. He wants me to take care of you."

"I hate him. I never want to see him again."

Mom didn't reply and we silently followed Markus as he led us to his car where in spite of myself, a small smile crossed my lips as I heard the soft whining of my pups coming from inside

"Theodore can take care of the pups, I want you to sit up here with me."

"No. I don't want to be anywhere near you. I'll stay with the pups."

"Fine."

Markus climbed into the driver seat, slamming the door behind him. I flinched,  why was he so angry? He's the one that threw me away. Ignoring him, I climbed into the backseat, instantly focusing on the pups and my mom and the dark mood lifts slightly; I  was actually able to forget that I was being sent from the only home I knew and returned to a pack that I can no longer remember. Maybe if I don't think about it, I can pretend that Markus isn't trying to get rid of me, maybe I can pretend that the man I love still loves me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 7.2K 31
Don't fall in love, those are the only rules. *Cuss word warning* *Smut warning*
324K 13.9K 33
1.2K 39 23