Love's Sorrow (Under Edits)

By imaginary_hero

Damian Wayne has it all. Money, girlfriend, good looks, big house and fame but he doesn't seem to care about... More

Chapter 1: Friday Evenings
Chapter 2: Winter Wind
Chapter 3: A Night Off
Chapter 4: Gotham Gossip
Chapter 5: Popularity
Chapter 6: Control Your Rage
Chapter 7: In The Rain
Chapter 8: Backstory
Chapter 9: Night of The Clair de Lune
Chapter 10: Backstage Scandals
Chapter 11: Cafe Noir
Chapter 12: Like Father Like Son
Chapter 13: work it out
Chapter 14: maybe he will be proud?
Chapter 15: Memory of Martha
Chapter 16: grayson pays a visit
Chapter 17: happy shoppers
Chapter 18: okay.
Chapter 19| Bring donuts
Chapter 20: bird bros
Chapter 21: Ethan makes enemies
Chapter 22: I promise.
Chapter 23: results and realisation
Chapter 24: all fun and games till someone loses an eye.
Chapter 25: cat videos
Chapter 26: no more gotham
Chapter 27: mary mary quite contrary
Chapter 28: mindful milkshakes
Chapter 29: Ethan's Return
Chapter 31: prince's and peasants
Chapter 32: grumpy grannies
Chapter 33: lucky
Chapter 34: pink and purple
Chapter 35: not the greatest
Chapter 36: north or south
Chapter 37: lets talk
Chapter 38| Pencils are sharp
Chapter 39: Damian the good guy.
Chapter 40: There was two
Chapter 41: Grieving & Gotham
Chapter 42: recover & restart
Chapter 43: The Unexpected.
Chapter 44: metu mortis
Chapter 45: That damn ocean
Chapter 46| The devil's delight
Chapter 47| action reaction
Chapter 48| The beginning of the End
Chapter 49| Till the very end
Chapter 50| Ever after

Chapter 30: rivalry gets out of hand

3.7K 136 62
By imaginary_hero

This became regular. Everyday was the same. Ethan would chat up Elena at break and lunch and Ethan would give Damian a smirk here and there to remind him that Damian was losing. Sandra and Bart would be watching Damian's every move as he was always a little bit closer everyday to killing Ethan and they made sure that they would be ready to bring him back to his senses. But what bugged Damian the most was Elena seemed more comfortable around Ethan as he was being "nice" to her. Damian couldn't stand it. Eventually Sandra ended up telling her uncle (Oliver queen aka green arrow) and Oliver told Bruce what was happening.
So Bruce decided he needed to set some boundaries for Damian before Damian did something he would regret.
It was damp in the bat cave and a little colder then usual. Bruce had just finished up a penguin case and Alfred was patching up his grazes and cuts and Damian had an ice pack to his shoulder and was holding a tissue to his head which was slightly bleeding.
"Damian we need to talk",Bruce said. "About what?",Damian said as he looked at his shoulder. "School.",Bruce added. "What's there to talk about my grades are fine and I'm in no trouble",Damian said only half listening. "Oliver told me",Bruce said raising an eyebrow. Damian growled"backstabbing grunt",Damian said angrily. "Well it's better him then the headmaster telling me..",Bruce said trying to calm him down. "She's worried about you Damian she had good intentions",Bruce carried on. Damian blurted out"What am I suppose to do? Sit there and watch Ethan pretend as if he's her friend? Last time I checked he was linked to Lola and don't forget he locked me in a basement and next thing I know he's Elena's boyfrie-",Damian stopped he suddenly felt upset. Alfred stopped and looked up and so did Bruce. "Damian..",Bruce could see there was more to this then he knew. Damian laid down the cloth from his head. "I know what he's doing...he loved Lola and he thinks Elena's the reason she's gone..so she's the only connection left to Lola that he can have.....he's using her..and I'm scared that-",Damian stopped again and looked away. "I hate emotions they are such a nuisance yet I'm a human being and I'm stuck with them..",Damian laughed to himself and he sighed."I'm an idiot for ever even thinking like that",Damian whispered loudly and he got up and walked off"goodnight father goodnight Alfie",Damian said not even turning back. "He called me Alfie..",Alfred said a little upset. Damian only called Alfred that when he was upset or not well. Bruce sat in the chair still registering what happened. "I need to go after him",Bruce said as he tried to get up but failed and fell back into the chair. "Master Bruce sit still I'll go check on him after I finish up with you",Alfred said making sure Bruce sat still. "What the hell am I going to do like, I don't blame the kid",Bruce said rubbing his hand through his hair. "She's his friend I get it he doesn't have many of them but the ones he does have he's very sentimental about them",Bruce said trying to figure it out. "Master Bruce I think she's more then a friend to him..",Alfred added as he wrapped cloth around Bruce's shoulder. Bruce half looked at Alfred and his eyes widen "your right",Bruce said and slapped himself in the face. "Im so blind why didn't I notice that from day 1",Bruce said. "But Damian is very calm when it comes to his emotions this isn't like him",Bruce added."well master Bruce out of everyone you should know the best love makes you do crazy things",Alfred added as he packed away his medical supplies. Bruce felt a shiver up his spine. "Aww jeez it sounds weird when you say that Alfred",Bruce said thinking about Damian.
"I'll go see if he's okay Bruce you get some rest",Alfred said. "Sleep is for the weak!",Bruce answered as he turned on his computer. Alfred laughed as he walked up the stairwells, That's where Tim gets it from Alfred thought.

Alfred walked up 2 flights of stairs and at the top he was panting a little "I'm getting to old for this,Alfred said to himself. He walked over past Tim's room and the door was slightly open. Alfred peeked inside and saw Tim at his desk studying fundamental principles of counting. Dick and Jason's rooms were locked as they were both away. Then Damian's room. Alfred knocked on the door. "Damian, it's Alfred I need to take a look at your shoulder.",Alfred made an excuse. There was no answer. Alfred was worried. "Damian..,is everything okay?",Alfred said nervously. Alfred knocked again. No answer. Alfred decided he would go in anyways to save him finding out in their morning that Damian wasn't there as he had jumped out the window and was somewhere in Gotham. But Alfred was wrong. Damian was asleep. Alfred was relieved. Titus and pennyworth(the cat) were curled up beside Damian. Alfred looked at Damian's shoulder. It looked dislocated. Alfred took out his medical kit he couldn't let Damian sleep on a dislocated shoulder. So Alfred had no other choice but to pop his shoulder into place again. He prayed that Damian was heavy sleeper. Alfred grabbed Damian's arm and pushed on his shoulder blade. The click noise went off in Damian's shoulder. Damian didn't even flinch. Alfred didn't know should that concern him or should he be grateful. Alfred took the ice pack out of Damian's hand and then he checked Damian's graze on his head and it had stopped bleeding. Alfred put a blanket over Damian and his pets. Alfred felt sorry for Damian once again. Alfred left quietly. He would have like to speak to Damian.

The next morning Damian didn't even come to the kitchen he sat on the stairs and waited for Tim to finish getting ready but he didn't shout at Tim he just waited quietly. This made Tim even more nervous so he was ready in time. Bruce asked Damian what was his first 3 classes. Damian simply answered geography, physics and history. "Oh that's okay I guess",Bruce said trying to get Damian to talk."guess so",Damian answered quietly. Bruce was worried Damian usually gave a smart remark. Alfred drove the boys to school. Tim tried to make conversation with Damian but Damian wasn't even listening. Tim decided to drop it.

Damian saw Elena and Stephanie walking to school. Stephanie saw the car and knew it was Tim and Damian. She waved like a maniac at the car and Elena waved as well. "Haha its awesome that Stephanie and Elena are friends",Tim said as he waved back at the girls. Damian waved back as well. Alfred dropped the boys off and Tim decided he'd wait for Stephanie at the entrance. "You wanna wait too?",Tim asked Damian. "Sure",Damian said casually. The minute Stephanie saw Tim she ran up to him and hugged him. Elena laughed as Stephanie squeezed Tim tightly that Tim could hardly breathe. "Hey Damian I haven't spoken to you in ages!",Elena said to Damian. Maybe because Ethan makes sure you and I aren't in the same area, Damian said to himself. "I know, I see Ethan hanging out with you a lot.",Damian blurted out. "Yeah I don't know what's that about, he won't leave me alone at first it was fine but now it's just annoying",Elena said rubbing her head. "You think he's annoying?",Damian said smiling. "Yeah I wish he'd just stop trying to follow me it's weird",Elena added. "I can help with that.",Damian smirked. "Really how?",Elena said happily."like this..",Damian said and he put his arm around her and pulled her closer.Elena froze. "He hates me and if he sees us together like this he will get the message to back off",Damian said walking into the school."that's okay I guess",Elena said nervously. They walked passed the area where the football team hangs out. Ethan straight away spotted them. He glared at Damian and Damian glared back and smirked. Elena looked at the ground this was between Damian and Ethan.Everything was going fine Ethan had kept his distance at break. Next class was maths "I think it worked",Elena said happily to Damian. "I'm sorry you had to get involved in this, it's between me and Ethan.",Damian said with empathy in his voice. "It's fine Damian I'm glad it's over",Elena smiled at him reassuring him. Next class was Mindfulness a class that everyone could talk to each other and it's a class where they organised school events. Damian ,Elena and Ethan where all in this class. "Okay, we are going to have our annual fall ball soon and you can go with a group of friends or whatever maybe if your in a relationship you guys could go",ms. Julie said to her class. "You guys can start planning now",she added. Everyone became excited.

Ethan suddenly began coughing loudly that everyone stopped and stared at him. Ms.Julie came down to him. "Ethan are you okay?",she asked. Ethan shock his head as if to say no as he coughed. "Right Elena smith take Ethan outside for some fresh air and if he doesn't stop take him to the nurses office.",ms . Julie said to Elena . Julie trusted Elena.

Damian looked at Elena. Elena looked at him and she looked panicked. "Of course ms. Julie",Elena answered nervously. "Oh no",Damian thought ."he's gonna ask her to that ball.",Damian said to himself.

Elena walked out of the class with Ethan. Ethan kept coughing as they went outside and they sat down on a bench. Damian watched from the window of the classroom. He knew Ethan was pretending to be sick.

Elena patted Ethan on the back a few times and Ethan pointed to the school gardens which had a long pathway out of Damian's sight. Elena nodded and helped Ethan up and as they walked towards the pathway Ethan turned back and saw Damian.

Ethan gave the most evil smile at Damian and Ethan then looked at Elena up and down. Damian's heart froze a cold sweat followed. Ethan didn't have any intention of asking Elena to the dance.

He had something else planned and Damian wasn't going to be to stop him because Damian was stuck in class. Elena and Ethan went out of Damian's sight. Damian was panicking. He didn't know what to do. He ran up to ms.Julie
"Ms, Elena is in trouble!",he blurted out. "What are talking about?",ms Julie said annoyed. "Ethan faked being sick he wanted Elena and him to be alone!",Damian said trying to give her the message. "Damian sit down",she rolled her eyes.

He pointed at the window. "Do you see them? Cuz I don't",he said infuriated. She didn't see them.

Ms. Julie panicked"oh god",she got up quickly. "I'll get another teacher , you run ahead and get your brother Tim just tell his teacher it's an emergency",she said and told her class she would be back so stay quiet.

The reason ms. Julie believed Damian was because she knew of Lola and Elena dispute and she knew Ethan loved Lola.

Damian and ms.Julie ran. Damian ran to Tim's biology class and ms.Julie got ms. Samson and mr. Johnson(the PE teacher)

Back with Elena and Ethan. Ethan had stopped coughing and they were walking on the pathway to the school gardens. "I think your better now let's head back",Elena said turning around. But Ethan grabbed her. "Ethan your hurting me..let go",Elena said slightly panicked. "You took Lola away from me..",Ethan had no emotion in his voice, he didn't even look at Elena. "Why is everyone saying that? I did nothing wrong I tried to comfort her and she nearly took my eye out!",and Elena yanked her arm out of Ethan's grasp. But Ethan then grabbed Elena's 2 arms and pushed her against the wall. "Ethan! What the hell let go of me!",she yelled at Ethan . Ethan totally ignored her. He got closer to her. Elena then knew what the hell Ethan was doing so she kicked his knee and Ethan let go of her to look at his knee. Ethan this time ran at Elena and grabbed her. Elena fell face down, hitting her head. Ethan got up and moved closer. Elena couldn't breathe as Ethan grabbed her side. 

Elena felt a shiver up her spine. Ethan raised his fist to her and Elena closed her eyes, when someone landed behind them ,leaving the pathway cracked and in pieces. A large slender hand grabbed Ethan and lifted him off of the ground. Elena slid away but she couldn't even pick herself up. The mysterious person then spun Ethan around and punched him so hard they knocked him unconscious. 

"Damian?...", Elena whispered, her voice shaking. The person came closer to Elena. The person turned out to be a woman a large woman. It was Wonder Woman.

She kneeled down to Elena."it is okay now he won't hurt you and neither shall I..", she smiled and fixed Elena's hair. "Wo-nder wo-man?",Elena got out.

Then Wonder Woman turned around she could hear Damian calling out for Elena he was getting close. "We will meet again Elena I promise..", Wonder Woman said as she blasted off into the sky leaving a cloud of dust. 

Elena looked at her hands they were shaking and grazed. Damian, Tim and the teachers came around the corner. Damian's eyes widen when he saw Elena and he ran even faster up to her. "Elena!",he shouted as he took his coat off and put it around her. Ms. Julie nearly collapsed when she saw what had happened. Tim took Ethan's pulse.

He was fine but Elena wasn't, she stared at the cracks in the pavement. The teachers looked at the cracks in the concrete. "It's like Superman dropped out of the sky and landed here", ms. Samson said. Tim knew that she was close. 

Someone had saved Elena. Damian held Elena tightly and tried to comfort her the best he knew. Ethan and Ethan had taken the rivalry to a whole new level and the only person that had really gotten hurt was Elena.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47.6K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
7.5K 295 26
COMPLETED✅ Morgan Lilith Miller is a twenty-five year old Deputy in Hope County, Montana. What will happen when she goes to arrest Joseph Seed (The F...
232K 8.2K 61
"you better chose baby, or else you're going to regret it in the end " IN WHICH YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR FATHERS DEBT TO A MAFIA BOSS , BUT LITTLE DI...
33K 730 18
Danielle Pierce falls in love with frontman Axl Rose, which leads to a love-hate relationship. There's abuse, romance, betrayal, and shocking events...