Chaos ( ON HOLD )

بواسطة Stitch_1205

' The Prettiest Smiles Hide The Deepest Secrets ' - M.L.Mier ... المزيد

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
Authors Note- IMPORTANT
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18

3

27 4 1
بواسطة Stitch_1205

I walk into the lunch room looking for my friends. We usually sit towards the middle. So that's where I found them.

They were talking, Ashley was on her phone texting. Dylan was eating his pizza. Kyle was talking a a girl, flirting as usual. Nick and Riley looked like they were having a deep conversation.

I scanned across the lunch room, trying to find Nathan. Ever sense what happened last night, my mind was racing with questions and that note-holy shit the note.

Where did I put it? Ugh, I think shoved it in my pocket, which is in the hamper. At home. Great, anyone can see that. I can't risk anyone getting in danger. Because of me.

Memories of that night flash before my eyes, I shudder at the horrific memories. I push the memories back in my head and plaster a fake smile on my face, and walk over to the table.

I've been doing that for who knows how long. Usually they fall for it. They did this time. Thankfully.

" Hey Lilia, so what did you do last night? " Ashley chirps.

My whole body tenses right then and there. I bite my lip. " Uh nothing, really. Just chilling. I worked on homework too. " Ashley raises a eyebrow. No one seems to notice, except for her.

15 minutes into lunch, Ashley abruptly gets up. " I need to use the restroom. So does Lilia. " She states.

" What? " My mouth was full of the burrito I was eating. I quickly swallowed before back at her weird behavior.

" Yeah, you do. Brb guys! " She says plastering a fake smile.

She grabs my wrist and drags me out of the lunch room. I wince at her iron grip, she works out to keep in shape for cheer. So of course she's like the smaller version of she Hulk.

" Ashley! Where are we going? " I whisper yell.

Once no ones visible, Ashley let's go and spins around to face me. Determination in her eyes.

" Spill " She orders. I try to play dumb. I know exactly what's she asking. ' What happened last night ' but I don't think Nathan would wanting me to tell her about our little encounter last night. Plus I'm way too tired to tell her the full story. I don't really wanting my friends and family to get involved in this.

" What do you mean? " She roll her eyes and kisses her teeth. " Don't play dumb. You are hiding something, and the others might be too distracted to notice. But I can always see through your lies. So tell me what happened last night. "

" I don't know why you are so hell bent on this. Nothing's wrong. " I bite my lip harshly, while clenching and unclenching my fists. It's something I do to calm down my nerves.

" Something is wrong. And to answer your question, I'm just trying to be your friend. Your best friend. So please, just tell me. " She pleads.

I sigh. Running my fingers through my hair. Again biting my lip, I really need to break out of that habit. " I saw Nathan " Her eyes widen.

" Nathan Parker? You mean the one that goes to our school? " She asks shocked. I nod my head.

" He was bruised and beaten, somebody kicked him out of the car from far away, and threw a bottle, he head was covered in blood. " She puts a hand over her mouth.

" What did you do? "

" I cleaned him up of course. You know my background with medicine. " I mumble the last part. " And then? " She questioned.

" He was being a complete ass, but not much happened. " I say. " What was he doing there anyways. He lives across town. Where most of the hood junkies live. "

The bad part of town or what people like to call it. ' Hoodlum city ' where the ' Hood Junkies ' live. Is all the way across town. So of course Ashley is going to ask a shit load of questions.

" How should I know? " I ask after Ashley signing before saying ' I'm just going to leave it like this ' before waving bye and heading back to lunch.

I lean my body against the lockers and shutting my eyes, sighing loudly. God, I'm exhausted. After pulling off an all nighter unintentionally. I could really go for a cup of coffee.

God I hate math.

But my mind again wonders off to Nathan.

What was he doing over on this side of town? Shouldn't he be with his family? If he even has one.

" You know kitten, I have a reason for being a complete ass last night. " I flinch and turn to my right to see Nathan leaning against the lockers a few feet away from me.

" Oh yeah? And why is that? " I challenge. He pushes himself from the lockers. And walks over to me. " That's none of your business. " He states. His emotions are calm, but cocky. I could see right through them, for the most part.

" Well it became my business when you were covered in blood, mopping around the neighborhood. " I state. " Kitten, I was not covered in blood. It was just my head. "

" It was all over your shirt! " I protest. " I offered to wash it but no you were too pissed off to speak. " I cross my arms over my chest. He chuckles. I raise a eyebrow. " What? " I say.

" It's cute to see you are worked up kitten. " He openly admits. I groan. " Enough with the nickname already. " I bite my lip furiously. He chuckles once more before turning around on his heel and leaving. " Nope kitten. " He calls behind him.

I stomp my foot childishly. They is no way to get through him.

Whatever I'm hungry.

I follow him but he's gone in a blink of an eye. Deciding not to go looking for him I make my way towards the cafeteria.

God he's annoying.

•••
I drive home with Kyle up front and Riley in the back and Nick to her left. Ashley and Dylan are in his car heading towards my house.

" You guys know Hanna? " Kyle asks. A string of ' yeahs ' and ' yeps ' fill the car. " Why? " Riley asks. Kyle's cheeks tint. " No reason. " He mutters. Nick smirks. " Oh I see, Kyle has a crush. " We all chuckle and Kyle is beat red. " No, we just have a chemistry project together. I wanted to know about her. That's all. " He says.

Hanna was a Burnett who enjoyed reading and studying. She hardly went to any parties. Her hair was short and she wore a lot of flannels and converse. Really pretty.

" Sure. " Riley says. We all laugh as I pull up to my house. We all get out as Dylan pulls up. Everyone heads inside. " Hey I'm going to get the mail. " I say, not waiting for a answer. My mind begins to space out with things that worry me. Thinking about the last note, will it be there?

My hands shakes as I pull out the mail and frantically look through the mail.

My heart stops.

Same thing as last time. Blank envelope with no return address. But this time it has my full name.

Lilia Jane Smith

I rip open the note and pull out a picture.

It was me, walking towards my car just yesterday, with Riley trailing behind, her violin case in hand. My face grows pale. A shiver runs down my spine at the realization.

They have been watching us.

I pull out a note along with it.

Don't think we won't keep tabs on you guys.
- the only thing that will keep you up at night

It was short and simple but released a thousand emotions going through me. Panic. Fear. Anger. And the one I feel the most.

Loneliness.

I couldn't tell anybody this. Out of my own will. I can't put anybody in danger. I couldn't let anyone be fearful of their surroundings. I can't tell no one.

I shove the note in my bag before entering the house. I storm to the laundry room and luckily find my jeans were untouched. I find the first note and run towards my room and search through my room. Trying to find a place to put them.

Jewelry box? No to obvious. Under my bed? No...

Found it.

I pull out both of the notes and place them in my old shoebox. I think of a place to put it. A light bulb pops in my head and I place it in the corner of my closet. No one goes there anyways.

I take a breath in and out before walking out downstairs to the living room with everyone giving me looks.

" You ok? "

" Yeah you seem off. "

" Everything ok? "

I look at all of them and I put on a weak smile before saying.

" Yeah, I'm ok. "

•••
I push my way through the huge crowd. Trying to see what the hell is going on at this hour.

It was Thursday morning. I was wearing a black skater dress with white brand new converse. My hair in its natural state; beach waves.

My phone in my hand when I finally am in the middle. My eyes scan over the situation.

It was Nathan. In a fight.

The guy whole looked like a senior was swinging but was losing. He had bruises on his cheek, eye, and arms. Nathan still had the bruise from Monday the cut from Tuesday and now a busted lip.

Nathan was about to take another punch when I stepped in the middle on him.

Wtf are you doing?!

" Stop! What the hell Nathan! You can see he already lost! " I yell. " Kitten, " He says quietly before spitting. " Nows not the time. Move "

" Are you serious?! Look at him. " I motion my hand to him. He was weak and look like he was about to pass out. I yell over to the crowd. " The fights over. " They stay there silent. " I said the fights fucking over! " I boom. Everyone scattered. The guy slowly gets up before looking at me. I glare at him. " Go " I say he runs off and I turn to Nathan.

" We- " I grab his arm and grip it with all my might. " Are going to the nurses office. Now "

" You could of gotten hurt. Kitten. " He cocks his head to the side with his eyebrows furrowed.

" Not now prick " I pull his sorry ass to the nurse. I open the door and no one was there. The white board had scribbled black marker on it.

On break...forever
-nurse

I growl under my breath. " Stupid nurse " I mutter. I move him to a chair and force him to sit.

I turn back on him and rummage through the cabinet. When I get all the necessary things and I turn around. I drop all the equipment.

He's gone

I groan before looking out into the hall. No sight of him at all. It's like he vanished.

Great. I decided to just leave to my 4/9 class. No point in looking for him.

I went through the rest of the day without seeing him. At all.

After leaving Choir and heading towards my car I look around the parking lot and see Nathan smoking against his motorcycle. Our eyes lock for a few seconds. He winks before getting on his bike and riding off towards Hoodlum city.

A shiver runs down my spine before I see Riley talking to Nick. I watch them. She would laugh before blushing. Nick would grin wildly. I raise a eyebrow. They have been hanging out a lot more than usual. I know Nick used to like her in 3rd grade. But he got over her when she rejected him.

But could old flames burn again?

I walk over to them. " Hey guys. " I say. Riley smiles and says hi and so does Nick.

" Well I'll see you guys tomorrow bye " Nick says he kisses both our cheeks and heads towards his car.

He's been doing this sense he met us. We were in first while Riley was in Pre-K. He told us he would marry both of us. But we were kids. Plus he favorited Riley then me. But he would do it in a friendly way.

Now that I think about it. I think he still does that just to kiss Riley.

Riley was still cherry red. I didn't point it out and we chatted on the way home.

She went into the house and I checked the mail. Nothing. I sigh in relief. I didn't want to deal with another creepy note and picture.

I headed inside and went to the kitchen.

" Ok Lilia, who's the guy you are seeing? " Riley smirks. I raise a eyebrow she pulls the flowers from behind her back. A huge bouquet of flowers. Roses to be exact.

I gasp as I take them in my hand. " These are gorgeous. " I exclaim. She giggled. " Well whoever he is. Tell me if he has a younger brother. " She winks before laughing and walking out of the room. I admired them for a few more minutes before finding a card. I pull it out and open it.

I heard roses were your favorite. Ever since you were little you loved them. I wonder if these will be at your funeral...
- death itself

I drop the flowers in shock. It's my parents. I feel extremely nauseous. My head pounding. My breathing quickens. I viciously grabbing the flowers, a match and gasoline. I stomp outside towards our fire pit we had in our backyard. I throw them in there. Drown them in gasoline. And lit the match before throwing it in there.

The flowers are immediately engulfed in flames. The fire dances in my eyes. I take the note and put it in my back pocket. Riley quickly runs to me.

" What the hell Lilia? Are those the flowers? " She says. I don't say anything else, just stare at the burning flowers.

Now, no one can know.
🃏🃏🃏

Hey guys! Like this chapter? Don't worry. Chapter 4 will be posted soon. And the Friday night fight...😏

See ya later😍😍😍

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.3M 32.5K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
185K 3K 37
COMPLETED✅ When uni student Talia Herera finally finds it in herself to break up with her shitty boyfriend Tim, Oscar Atkins -Volleyball star- at th...
10.6K 448 32
Viscious, cruel, cold -- those are just some of the words used to describe Jade Von Kaiser, the sole heiress to the Von Kaiser fortune. Working along...
7K 1.1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...