Darkness Embrace

By Nautilis

Before the intro: Pls thank and follow Nakura_Sakamaki who made the cover page, heading and who has helped me... More

Character Description
Character description #2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Authors note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Authors Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Authors Note
Chapter 41
Authors note
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 13

18 4 0
By Nautilis

Irene POV

"Dammit, I came so close to-" I start to say.

"But you didn't." Jess cuts me off. "I was about to step in, but I-" She starts.

"No, don't, it was my fault, I shouldn't have let him corner me so easily. Thank goodness Reiji was there, right?" I say shaking my head in amazement. 

"Yeah." She agrees, stepping back onto the sidewalk.

We were walking towards another modeling session and discussing what had happened when all of a sudden it started raining rather heavily.

"Dammit, we're going to look like drowned rats at this rate." I grumble and grip my bag closer to me so it doesn't get wet.

"Well we could-" She starts to say, hugging her bag against her chest and glancing around.

"NO!" I cut her off harshly, looking around,"Sorry, but we can't, we can't risk it." I say a little softer.

"Alright, come on, we should atleast run." She says with a shrug, turning to start running.

All of a sudden a black limo pulls up beside us and the door opens, an umbrella sticks out of the door. Underneath said umbrella is Reiji. (Jeez stalker much?)

"Miss Kairo's, would you like a lift to your desired destination? You'll catch a cold other wise." He says gesturing to the rain. 

We look at each other and shrug, "Yes please, thank you so much." Jessica says, leaning underneath the umbrella, brushing her wet hair out of her face and smiling at Reiji. He nods and and backs inside, allowing us to climb in and see Reiji's brothers looking at us and him in shock, I got the feeling that Reiji doesn't often give people lifts. 

I saw Subaru and smiled about to make my way over to sit beside him when a pair of arms snaked around my waist and pulled me back. I closed my eyes as I felt myself land on something soft. I hear a soft chuckle by my ear and someone whispers softly so only I can hear "Sit by me, so I alone can hear your sweet music~" (Pls don't kill me Nakura *hides behind a wall* I just wrote what came to mind) 

I blushed slightly and my eyes shot open, I looked down to see I was sitting on Shu's lap. I growled and looked up as I heard a muffled yelp, to see that Ayato had done the same to Jess, who was currently as red as a tomato. The limo slowly starts moving.

I glared at Ayato, ignoring Shu, I didn't care what happened to me, I just didn't want anything to happen to her.

"Let...Her...Go...Right....Now." I growl out through gritted teeth, clenching my fists in an attempt to stay calm. Jess glared at Shu, seemingly just as angry with Shu as I was with Ayato, but she kept quiet knowing I could handle the situation.

"Hmm, your in the same position as your sister and yet you get angry over her rather than yourself~" Shu says softly, his cold breath tickling my neck. 

"She means more to me than anything in this world, even more than my own worthless life." I reply back just as softly. 

"Now...Let...Her...Go." I growl again. Ayato tenses, looking at something or someone, just behind me. He lets Jessica go and Reiji immediately grabs her and sits her next to him causing her to blush an even darker shade of red a small barely contained smile on her face. I look away from Ayato and at Shu, who I notice was also glaring at Ayato before looking at me.

I sigh in relief and mutter,"Thank GOD." then quickly glance around to see if anyone heard me but it seems only Shu did. He chuckles,"GOD didn't have anything to do with it." He mumbles back.

I glare at him as I realize I'm still on his lap."Alright, now will You please let me go?" I ask a bit grouchily.

He smirks and tightens his grip so I can't escape. I sigh and slip my hand behind me, down his stomach to his lower region and giving him a quick, hard squeeze. It surprised him to say the least and he let me go with a yelp, closing his legs tightly and covering his area, staring at me in shock. I smirk at Shu and take the opportunity to get off him, but end up falling forwards as the Limo goes over a speed bump. I yelp in surprise as I fall out of the frying pan and into the fire, or in this case Laito's lap. 

I had both my hands on his chest, one of my legs was bent forwards and between both of his legs, and his hands were on my hips. I look up at him and he smirks and chuckles at me,"Hmm~ I didn't know you wanted me so badly feisty-chan~ But you could have just said so instead of diving into my lap~" 

I glare at him and open my mouth about to reply but am cut off by an angry Subaru (No not the car, the person) "Shut up and let her go, pervert." Subaru then grabs my arm and pulls me away from Laito and sits me beside him.

"Aww, but Subaru, I was having fun." Laito playfully pouts at him.

"Tch, shut up." Subaru replies glaring at him.

"All of you keep quiet." Reiji speaks up and immediately all the bickering stops. "Now, where are we dropping you two off?" Reiji asks looking at Jess and me. 

Jessica and I exchange quick glances before Jess turns back to Reiji and tells him an address that is about a block away from the agency. 'We can't let anyone know who we are.' I think to myself as I look out the window, staring at the pouring rain.

~Timeskip~

We arrive at our 'destination' and thank all the boys for the lift. They bid us farewell and Reiji even insisted that we take an umbrella with us, which we refused but eventually gave in, promising to return it to him tomorrow. 

"Well...that was certainly....different." I say to Jess as we huddle together under the umbrella and watch the limo drive out of sight.

"Yea....maybe some vampires aren't that bad..." Jess replies.

"Maybe, it's still too early to tell though." I say, walking off down the street, she follows, holding the umbrella over the both of us. 

"Agreed.....Well enough of that right now, time for work." She says chuckling softly as I groan at the thought of work and turn around walking in the opposite direction.

"Oh no you don't, We are going to work whether you like it or not." She says laughing and grabbing the back of my collar and proceeding to drag me down the street to the agency.

"But mom, I don't wanna go. I wanna go home and sleep." I whine but let her drag me down the street, earning more than a few stares from curious onlookers.

She laughs and says,"Now, now darling, be a good girl and walk properly or I'll drop you in a puddle~"

I yelp and straighten up, yanking my collar out of her hand and running to stand beside her under the umbrella.

She chuckles as I grumble and straighten my shirt before walking onwards, ignoring the stares we were getting.

~Timeskip cause Author-chan know nothing about modeling...~

No-one POV

The two girls stumbled through the door of their small two room apartment, just having finished with a long modeling appointment, when a phone started ringing.

They both dropped their bags and patted their pockets looking for the phone. The green eyed female pulled her phone out and answered it while her twin flopped down face first on the couch.

"Hello?" The girl answers a little breathlessly.

"Jessica, are you alright? You have not been answering your phone." A rather concerned voice sounds through the speaker.

"Reiji? Yes I'm fine, my phone just got a little wet so I had to leave it in a bowl of rice to get the water out." She lies quickly, a small blush on her cheeks and sits on the other couch across from her sister, who had sat up at the name and was making kissing faces at her blushing twin.

"Please hold for a moment Reiji." She says and sets the phone on the couch and tackles the grey eyed female to the floor, pinning her down and whispering death threats that made the girl laugh. "Shut up." Jessica says and stands up, picking up the phone again and saying,"Sorry about that, I forgot the kettle on." 

"Not a problem." He replies.

"How did you get my number? I don't remember giving it to you." Jessica says looking rather confused.

"I inquired from the front office, however that is not important at the moment, may I suggest that your sister searches her bag and pockets for anything that may be missing." Reiji replies.

"Alright..." She says , even more confused and turns to her sister. "Irene, check your bag and pockets, is anything missing?" 

Her grey eyed girl looks at her and searches her bag and pockets before looking back at her sister in panic,"My phone, it's gone."

"She says her phone is missing." Jessica repeats to Reiji, who sighs and says,"Is it black, with a blue cover?"

"Yes, how did you know?" She replies incredulously.

"I walked in on Laito holding the phone, I do believe he took it from her in the car, do not worry though, I got it from him before he cracked her password. I shall return it tomorrow." He says sounding a quite amused by this.

"Thank you Reiji, once again you came to my sisters rescue. Oh hold on, she wants to talk to you." The girl hands the phone to her sister.

"Reiji~" Irene says, smiling bitterly.

"Irene." He replies.

"May I ask if you could please supply me with that hentai's (pervert's) number~?" She says smirking slightly.

"Of course." He says and gives her the number, "Thank you." She replies and hands the phone back to her sister who also thanks him before saying goodnight.

Irene looks at her sister and takes the phone, dialing Laito's number, he picks up on the second ring and answers rather cheerfully. Irene then spends the next ten minutes cursing at him in French, before hanging up on him. She hands the phone back to her sister and says goodnight, leaving to her room and shutting the door. Her sister sighs and checks the door is locked before heading to her own room. 

Sooooo........sorry I didn't publish it yesterday, I tried but got kicked off halfway......anyway here it is now. Thank you for reading, pls like, vote and comment.

I shall try get the next chapter up today as well....not that anyone really cares 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 120K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
855K 52.6K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...