Chapter 5

Jessica POV

Jessica POV

I awoke to the sound of muffled shouts and immediately shot out of bed and bolted towards my sisters room.

I rip the door open and see my sister tossing and turning in her sleep, the blankets a tangled mess around her legs and her head and body thrashing about, the small shouts that manage to escape from her throat come out muffled due to her pillow.

"No....please.....please.....stop it.....don't hurt her!" She whimpers, throwing her arms out in front of her as if to push the person or thing away.

I rush over to the bed and sit beside her, pulling her into my arms and holding her tightly. Her eyes fly open, she whimpers and hugs me tightly, shaking in fear. I sit there with her whispering to her that she is okay, that I am okay, that we are both alright. I know it's not much as I know all to well about the nightmare she was having.

The battles, the torture.....the darkness and most of all the pain that made us into the people we are today. After all the years of pain we grew to not feel it, it doesn't matter what is done to us now, we no longer feel pain, in truth if anything we wish we still did, so as to remind us of why we are still here and alive. Not only that but we became a bit well....sadistic, even though we were still nice people, if you messed with us or annoyed us, you would soon regret it.

"I'm sorry for waking you up all the time Jess, you must hate me." She whispers, still holding me tightly to her.

"No, I don't hate you and I never will, besides I don't mind being woken up, I like seeing the sun and I like it more if your here with me to see it." I say and chuckle softly.

She smiles and then asks in a small voice. "Can you stay with me, please?"

I smile at her. "Sure."

I lay down beside her and pulled the blanket up to cover the both of us and hugged her. She hugged me back with a smile and slowly fell asleep. I smiled at her sleeping face, thinking of how I was the only one that would ever see this side to her. We are not the type of people that trust easily, if you want our trust you must earn it, only then will you know the real us. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep, listening to the sound of her heart beat.

Irene POV

I awoke a few hours later, and sat up noticing the sun had just started to set, I smiled at it and then chuckled softly when I felt a pair of arms around me tighten. I looked down to see Jess still fast asleep beside me, hugging my waist. I carefully moved her arms and slipped off the bed, stretching my arms and legs. I didn't generally sleep long, no more then a few hours anyway due to insomnia and the nightmares, but seeing Jess's sleeping face always made my day.

Feeling too wide awake, I decided to get ready and make breakfast. I showered and changed into my uniform and then slipped my headphones on while I cooked for Jess and I. I made rice and vegetable soup for breakfast while humming to Bring Me The Horizon- Throne. I made two bento's and packed three pieces of chocolate cake for our lunch as well as the purple haired boy from yesterday, Kanato.

Jessica's POV

I wake up and stretch, looking for Irene and feeling nothing but a cold space beside me, the sun had almost set completely. I sniffed the air and my mouth started to water.

'Food.' I think as my stomach growls. Irene must have been up cooking while I was asleep. I chuckle as I hear her humming Meredith Brooks- I'm a bitch, I'm a lover. I climb out of the bed and take a shower and got dressed before walking into the kitchen and sitting on one of the chairs.

"Morning." I say.

"Hmm?" She turns around, pulling out an earphone. She smiles at me "Morning, sleep well?"

"Indeed, very well, and you?" I reply looking at her with concern

"I slept well after you came in." She replies and grabs the food setting it out in front of me.

I smile at her  "Thank you." She smiles back and sits down "Welcome."

"Itadakimasu." (Let's eat) and we dig in. Once we are done we grab a bag of donated blood and split it, quenching the pesky, ever present thirst. I sometimes managed to forget about it, but I could always feel it, like a burning sensation at the back of my throat.

I stood up and cleaned the dishes, tossing her our lunches and then grabbing her arm and my bag and dragging her to the front door. "Time for hell." I say cheerfully as I walk out and wait for her to follow.

"Hell would actually be preferable." She replies with a chuckle, following me and locking the door behind us.

I smirk and we set off for school, humming random tunes the whole time.