Chapter 41

Jessica POV

The morning began with its normal wake up call and breakfast....well...almost normal...

"REIJI!!!!" Irene yells out as she stands, her chair falling back onto the floor and she glares at him with fury.

She had cat ears on her head and her own tail was flicking behind her.

"I'M NOT A FUCKING CAT!!!" She yells and I giggle.

"I think you look very cute~" Laito chimes in, playing with her tail which curls around his arm, slowly flicking to show she isn't as angry.

My sister's cheeks turn a dark red and she sits back down.

Laito takes the opportunity to scratch her kitty ears and she purrs before slapping his hand away.

The effects ended after a short while and we all went to school, Irene dragging Shin by the collar.

"No! It's school! I don't want to!" Shin whines but Irene wouldn't take no for an answer and yanks him into the Mukami's limo as there was no space in the Sakamaki limo.

Rachel and Luna had taken to sitting with the Mukami's as well while Reiji would make sure I sat with him.

We got to school a while later and split up, walking off to morning classes, unaware of the impending danger.

Irene POV

I was ditching classes again, bad, I know, but I couldn't care less. I had Shin walking beside me, due to the fact that he was bored and didn't want to go to class either.

I didn't particularly care so I let him tag along.

"You don't mind getting caught?" Shin asks as a yawn escapes me.

"Caught? Ha, as if." I scoff.

"Hmm....I guess you don't have to worry about getting caught since you're good at hiding and that." he muses.

"Hmm. Whatever, I'm going to find somewhere quiet to sleep, catch you later." 

And with that I walked off to find a quiet room.

Finding a room wasn't hard, finding an empty room, now that was the trick.

Seems I wasn't the only one ditching class, I could smell smoke from atleast three separate rooms, drugs from another two and the scent of lust from another.

I decided to try my luck and open a few doors on the way, earning a few glares as well as a few offers for a joint. I declined and continued on, soon ending up in the last room which just so happened to be the room with the heavy scent of lust coming from it.

'Maybe I can chase the people out and nap here.' was my initial thought as I opened the door.

I stiffened, my eyes going wide and colour draining from my already pale face.

Laito had his body pressed up against a female who he was holding against the wall, their lips connected and I could easily see tongue.

Moans came from both of them as his hips moved against hers in rhythm. I was slightly thankful they were still both dressed, but that didn't stop the stab of pain that shot through me and froze my body to the spot.

A strangled cry of pain escapes my frozen lips, my vision going blurry and I feel tears run down my cheeks. They feel too hot, burning my skin like acid. 

Laito turns around, an odd look in his eyes, almost as if he is in a daze but his eyes snap open at my tear stained face and he yanks away from the female he was holding, who whined in annoyance.

"Babe? What's wrong?" she whines, gripping the back of Laito's neck and trying to pull his lips back against hers.

"Babe?" the word is a hiss that escapes from my lips, my body unfreezing from its spot and my fists clench at my sides.

I can feel my anger rising, threatening to take over and attack them both but I hold back.

"You arrogant, selfish, asshole who only thinks with his dick." I snarl viciously and Laito steps back at my hostility, his eyes filled with regret, guilt and something else I can't recognize.

"I thought you of all people would understand how it felt to be used for nothing but sex and torture, you said you loved me, that you would never touch or look at another girl besides me. But I should have known better....you're a player...and I just got played...." My knuckles are white, blood dripping onto the floor from how hard I'm digging my nails into my palms, my eyes are red and puffy and so is my face.

"Irene I-" 

"Tell it to your new slut!" I snap back, cutting him off.

"It's over, thanks for nothing." I snarl over my shoulder as I turn and march out the room with more strength than I have.

I run, ignoring the shouts as Laito follows me and shoving through crowds of people who are sluggishly making their way to their next class.

Tears run down my cheeks as I elbow a guy aside and dash down the hallway, my name being shouted by more than one voice now but I ignore it all and keep running.

Straight out the school and into the woods, running deeper and deeper and faster and faster till I can no longer hear the shouts and the trees become too thick to run through without running into one.

To prove my point, a tree root comes out of nowhere and trips me, sending me sprawling to the floor where I lay....broken and crying, my body feeling like ice and fire and my mind replaying the scene of Laito and that female.

"He's better off with her, I'm nothing....I'm worthless..." Sobs escape my throat and I curl into a ball on the floor, not wanting to do anything but die.

That is, until a cold and all too familiar laugh echoes through the woods, followed by the sounds of crunching leaves under feet.

"Why the sad face, big sister~?"

I'm so sorry! I know I'm terrible but I've been having huge writers block, I'll try update but I need my fellow ghosts to be more lively, so please comment and vote, or unless you are a ghost and find it difficult enough logging in, than you are excused.

Also no offence if you are a ghost!

Senpai: Shut up already! You're just making it worse!

Me: Sorry!! ><

Anyway, have a good one and sorry the chapter was a bit short and took so long

Ja ne~