Chapter 14

Jessica POV

I awoke to a beautiful sunset and silence. I instantly knew something was wrong and bolted out of my bed, throwing my covers off my bed and yanking my door open, running to Irene's room and throwing the door open. I rush inside and freeze seeing her sitting on her bed, already in her school uniform, and watching the sunset obviously deep in thought, due to her not noticing the loud noise I just made. I sigh in relief and approach her quietly trying not to disturb her.

"Irene? Are you okay?" I ask, hesitantly placing my hand on her shoulder.

She turns to look at me and smiles tiredly."Morning Jess, Yes I'm fine, just watching the sun is all." She turns back to look at the sun and I smile sitting beside her and watching the sun set in silence.

"I didn't hear you last night." I say quietly, breaking the silence,"Didn't you have any nightmares?"

"No, I didn't sleep." She says quietly and turns her head to look at me with an amused smirk,"I tried counting sheep, but for some reason they kept turning into bats and flying away."

I giggled and she smiled, hugging me with one arm, I hug her back,"I'm sorry." I say quietly, pulling back to look her in the eye. She shakes her head with a small smile,"It's okay, besides, it's not like it's the first time."

I pout and pull her in for another hug, she sighs dramatically and hugs me back as I chuckle. 

"I've already showered and got ready, so you need to get a move on while I cook."

"Okay~" I say and pull back and stand up to go shower.

~Timeskip~

Irene POV

I had made bento's for our lunch and packed a few cookies and sweets that we had got from the agency the night before, the sweets weren't really meant for us but we didn't care and they let us take a few. 

When Jess came through all ready for breakfast, I was sitting and brooding over having to deal with not only the Sakamaki's but also those damn Mukami's from yesterday.

"Irene, I think your eggs are scrambled enough." She says snapping me out off my thoughts, I look down at my now extra mushy, scrambled eggs and sigh,"Oops." 

She chuckles and sits down, eating her own scrambled eggs and toast. I start eating mine, still silently brooding till she snaps me out of my thoughts once again. 

"Irene, I can guess what your thinking or rather brooding over." She says between mouthfuls of egg and toast. "It's about those vampires, the Sakamaki's and Mukami's, isn't it?" She says looking me right in the eye as I finish my food and roll up my sleeves, standing up to clean my plate and nodding at her.

"Reiji doesn't seem that bad and neither does Subaru, I'm not so sure about the rest though." She says and finishes her food, standing up to help dry the dishes as I wash them.

"Yeah, I agree with you there, those two seem like the only nice one's." I reply, scrubbing at the plates, soap covering my hands and forearms.

She takes the clean plate from me and rinses it, drying it and packing it away."So....how are we going to deal with those Mukami's?" She asks.

I look at her and grin evilly,"With decapitation~" 

She smirks playfully,"Cool, I'll just go grab my sword then~"

She laughs and I hand her another clean plate.

"Hmm, for now I think it's best to just ignore them. We don't want to start any unnecessary fights." I say, scrubbing the pan and handing it to her.