Time Bomb~ LMJ

By laurmani_otp

Normani realized she was holding Lauren's entire broken heart in my hands and she was going to make it her jo... More

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7
PART ?
PART 8
PART 9
PART 9.5
PART 10
PART 11
Update
PART 12
PART 13: Final Chapter (1)
PART 13: Final Chapter (p. 2)

PART 4

1.4K 85 14
By laurmani_otp

*Audree and Ava visuals in PART 3
LAUREN

FIVE DAYS LATER:

Flashback:

"Lolo lets make mac and cheese" five year old Camila said to her twin while they sit in their mess of a room

"Mami said to stay here" Lauren said tiredly "I don't want pao pao"

"If we don't eat we're going to get sick and then Papa will give us pao pao" Camila mentioned watching her twin's eyes widen

"Where's Mami? Is she drinking?"

"I think so and Papa is with her"

"I'll boil the water" Lauren said before getting up and walking to the kitchen

The siblings were quick to climb the counters and get out all the supplies needed. They made sure to keep quiet so their mother wouldn't hear.

"How long does the pasta need to cook?" Camila asked after placing the pasta in the bowl of boiling water

"I'll read the box" Lauren said as she grabbed the box from the counter

"It says ten minutes" Lauren said "I'll get the milk"

"What the hell is going on here?" Sinu asked as she entered the kitchen clearly drunk "You two are cooking? Didn't I say stay I'm your room?"

"W-we were hungry Ma-" Lauren's cut off with a strong strike to her face making her fall to the floor

"Don't talk back to me! And you both know better!" Sinus barked in Spanish before slapping Camila as well

"Stop crying before your father hears" Sinu said as she turned off the stove "Here you can have milk and watch tv here"

Sinuhe started to fill two bottles with milk, she hasn't bothered to buy them sippy cups because she doesn't actually care.

"Here stop that crying" Sinu said as she handed a bottle to Lauren who was having a full on tantrum on the floor. Lauren took it of course and stopped crying.

"Bueno" Sinu said as she lifted Lauren onto her hip, "Here Mila no crying it's giving me a headache Mami's only on her second drink"

Camila wiped her eyes and took the bottle as her mother picked her up. Sinu placed them on the couch before turning on the television, "You sit there and be quiet or Papa is coming with his belt"

End of Flashback

"Lauren"

"Lauren please answer me"

Breaking out of it, Lauren looked up to see Normani again. She's surprised that not only is she in strapped into a straight jacket, but her feet are strapped down.

"No no don't cry honey" Normani said as she sat down on the edge of Lauren's bed when she noticed her frustration with being confined

"Lauren I need you to tell me the truth when I ask you this okay?"

Lauren nodded, "I want to take it off"

"I know but we can't right now alright? I need to ask you this, did you see A yesterday?"

Lauren bit her lip while trying to remember. She most definitely did see A yesterday, she tried to kill him as well.

Lauren nodded her head, "He tried to kill me"

Lauren watched Normani hold back tears before asking Lauren, "And what did you do?"

"I...I think I stabbed him because he tried to take my clothes off and bring them again," Lauren said looking around for Camila "Where's Camila?"

"Lauren," Normani said with a shake of the the head "Lauren it wasn't real. You hurt Dr. Kelly really badly yesterday. You don't remember?"

Lauren shook her head, "I didn't mean to-did I kill her?"

"No but you could've, you stabbed her in her neck and in her chest with her pencil. She's going to be okay"

"I'm sorry," Lauren said not failing to see the camera in Normani's pocket filming them "I'm sorry I'll tell her sorry"

"Okay. I'm going to ask if they'll let you out. Just stay put"

"Wow" Camila said after Normani left, "I don't think I've heard the words I'm sorry come out your mouth since we were ten"

Lauren shrugged, "I want to get out of here. You know how easy it is to escape a hospital?"

"So you want to run? That's your plan?"

"Yes eventually. I want to see Ocean first though. They took my blood the other day for a DNA test" Lauren explained "I can see her after the results"

"And if the visit goes well what're you going to do?"

"I'm going to try to get her back" Lauren said keeping her original plan to herself. She wants to just take Ocean from whatever group home she's in.

"How? You don't have a home" Camila asked

"But I have money. They only took the money we stole out of our accounts. We have at least a few million left"

"Our pimp money? We said we'd never use that!"

"Yeah well things changed," Lauren said with a shrug "You're the one who didn't want me to kill myself, now I'm doing what you want, I'm going to get Ocean out of here"

"I meant make an actual life for yourself Lauren-"

"Camila I'm a murderer, I will always be a murderer no matter how scared I am and if I'm not going to be a murderer anymore I'm going to have to be a runner"

"With a child?"

"We'll settle down somewhere. I was thinking of South Korea or New Zealand-oh maybe Australia remember how much fun we had? I can start off my art career there"

"Oh my gosh," Camila said with a huff "You can't run again. That will break Normani"

"She'll understand. I'll send her a letter in twenty years" Lauren said

Camila frowned at Lauren and went to say something but was interrupted when Normani and two officers entered the room. They let Lauren out the straight jacket and unstrapped her legs but Lauren was too focused on her sister's mood.

"Why is she acting like this?" Lauren asked

"Promise me you'll let Normani try" Camila said

"Promise me you'll stay"

"Lauren it doesn't work like that"

"I don't like when you just leave me" Lauren said

"I'm sorry honey. Do you want to eat dinner now? I cooked and I'll eat with you" Normani asked as she stroked Lauren's hair

Lauren nodded and stood up so she could be cuffed, her eyes were still on Camila.

"I promise to say goodbye if you promise to try"

Lauren nodded again at her sister, "I promise"

"I have to go but I'll come visit you in the morning. Adios mi amor" Camila said before kissing Lauren's cheek

NORMANI:

At any other facility Lauren would be locked up in solitary for what happened yesterday. But Lauren was clearly distressed yesterday. She was crying on and off for her sister and was talking to herself. Lauren could've broke down with anyone, Dr. Kelly just happened to be unlucky that day.

Normani feels so bad watching Lauren eat. She's officially been banned from bringing Lauren outside food so the only thing Lauren eats from the cafeteria is milk. No one has noticed how much food Normani brings in for lunch so for now everything is fine.

"Lauren slow down, I don't want you to vomit" Normani said as she cut up her chicken

"I love mac and cheese" Lauren said "It's our....well its my favorite food" she said that last part sadly

"I'll make it more often. My babies love it"

"How are your kids?" Lauren asked

"They're good. Four going on twenty-one but they're good" Normani said with a smirk

"Do you think I'd be a good mother again?"

Normani held in her smile, Lauren's coming through, "Yes I think you would because you're very caring, you're very protective and you're also very fast which is a good attribute to motherhood believe me. Audree and Ava love to run from me"

"But I'm sick" Lauren said

"You're not sick. You're healing," Normani said "Do I look like a perfect mother?"

"Yes," Lauren said with a smirk "You do"

"I'm not. I wasn't a perfect wife either that's why mine left me. Everyone can do better Lauren"

Lauren nodded slowly, "If I get transferred are they going to let me see Ocean?"

"Oh Lauren you didn't know?" Normani said smiling now as she leans forwards towards Lauren, "You're being transferred on Friday. You're going to have your own room with a beautiful view, and a table and a closet. Eventually they'll let you interact with other patients that are inmates"

Normani watched Lauren look at the ground processing all the new information, "Do...do I have to wear handcuffs?"

"If you behave then no. The warden thinks they should cuff and monitor you all day but Dr. Keys and Dr. Issartel are really advocating for you. So you have to prove to the warden that they're not wasting their time. Especially if you want to see Ocean next week"

Lauren's eyes lit up, "I can see her?"

Normani nodded, "You have to be good though Lauren. If anything happens they won't let you see her"

"Okay. Thank you"

"You're welcome Lauren"

"So I'm not going to see you anymore after I go" Lauren said

"Yes you will. I'm going to come visit you every other day I promise. And you can call me on the phone"

"I might miss it here" Lauren said

"Oh really?"

"Yeah I'm going to miss Arin and all those officers. I enjoyed their company, I'll also miss the warden"

Normani laughed, "I'm going to miss you"

Lauren smiled, Normani hasn't seen her genuinely smile in weeks, "I will miss you too"

THE NEXT DAY:

This afternoon Normani's visiting this mysterious Lorenzo Cruz. She won't be able to see Lauren today because she's having a meeting with the warden.

Normani notices that this men's prison is ten times better looking than their facility. It doesn't even remind her of a prison.

If Normani hadn't done her research on Lorenzo, she would've thought that Lorenzo, Camila and Lauren were cousins. Lorenzo has dark hair and blue green eyes similar to Lauren's.

"Are you a lawyer?" Was the first thing Lorenzo asked Normani before she even sat down in front of him. They're in the visitation room.

"No I'm not" Normani said as she sat down "I'm here to ask you a few questions regarding two people"

Lorenzo smirked, "Go on"

"What do you know about Lauren and Camila Jauregui?"

Lorenzo's smile dropped, "Listen beautiful, I don't want my sentence to get any worse. I've put that behind me"

"Your sentence will not get worse I promise. I'm not a lawyer"

"I made a mistake" Lorenzo said

"What do you mean?"

"It was a few years ago when I was in Italy hiding from the cops. They were probably doing the same thing. I met Camila at a club and I thought she wanted me to....I guess she didn't and I fucked up"

Normani just nodded making sure not to show any judgement.

"The next day Lauren showed up at my hotel room. She said she was going to clean my room and she did. But she wouldn't stop flirting with me, next thing I know we're naked. This gorgeous woman is on top me riding me like it's her day job and then she stabbed me" Lorenzo said tilting his head so Normani can see the scar on his neck and on his collar bone

"She told me I fucked with the wrong Jauregui" Lorenzo said with a smirk "How's she doing now that her sister's gone?"

"How do you know that?"

"Everyone knows. They're the Jauregui twins"

"Lauren drew a picture of you in art therapy. I'm curious if she tried to kill you, why would she draw you?"

"I'm the father of her kid" Lorenzo said making Normani's eyes widen "I forgot what she named him"

"Ismael?" Normani asked

"Yeah. She has an older one too right?"

"Yes she does. Do you know where Ismael is?"

"I can't tell you" Lorenzo said narrowing his eyes at Normani

"Please this is serious. Lauren thinks he's dead"

"Get out a pen and paper" Lorenzo said

Normani pulled out her phone and waited for Lorenzo to speak, "Tell Lauren I said Seven four eight zero five two twelve"

"What does that mean?"

"You'll have to wait until she tells you" Lorenzo said

*******

"So Lorenzo is Ismael's father?" Ally asked

"Yes. Lauren was probably sixteen when he was conceived and seventeen when he was born. So she probably gave birth to him before they came here"

"And he gave you some type of code?"

"Yes I can't crack it but he said Lauren could"

"Jauregui is in therapy, ask her tomorrow. Did Dr.Keys call you?"

Normani shook her head, "No did something happen?"

"The hospital refuses to admit Lauren to their ward. As well as the other hospitals in this area"

"Why? Can they do that?"

"Yes they can. Especially since she murdered one of our own guards"

"She did that during her first week here! And we have more information now, she was suffering from withdrawal, she was separated from her children and her twin sister" Normani said "It's not fair for her to stay here forever. She's being punished for reacting to her upbringing "

"And it's not fair to all those mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and grandparents that lost their loved ones to her hands for her to walk freely with her kids"

"You still don't understand. She and Camila were raised being broken down all their lives. They were pimped out by their own parents. Lauren needs psychiatric help"

"Are you a psychiatrist Miss Hamilton?"

"No Ma'am. But I'm not blind or stupid, Camila's sentence was unfair and Lauren will not rot here if I have a say in it" Normani said

"Well you don't have a say and neither do I. Everything is up to the judge now. Worse case scenario Lauren will be moved out of the psychiatric ward and taken back to her cell. Best case scenario Lauren will go to an asylum similar to the hospital"

"An asylum? Where she'll only feel more alone?"

LAUREN

THE NEXT DAY:

Lauren found out this morning that she's not going to be transferred. She knows the reason she's not leaving is not because of spacing issues. They don't want her there. Lauren's in handcuffs at the moment while she waits for Normani in the cafeteria.

Lauren's already irritable and the handcuffs are making it worse, "Camila" Lauren whispered

When her sister did not walk into the room or speak Lauren started getting anxious. She doesn't want to be here.

"Good afternoon" Normani said as she entered the cafeteria with more folders "Why are you in handcuffs? You'll need your hands for this"

At those words Lauren took her hands out of the cuffs herself, having learned that trick at age nine. Lauren handed the metal to Normani who took them quickly.

"I spoke to Lorenzo Cruz," Normani said "He gave me a code for you"

"A code?," Lauren asked "Is he getting out?"

"No he's sentenced to life why?"

"No reason" Lauren lied not wanting Normani to know how their little code system works

Normani looks at her suspiciously before handing her a pen and lined paper, "Well I'm going to need you to crack the code for me"

"He told me, seven four eight zero five two twelve" Normani said

"The seven being capital?" Lauren asked

Normani nodded and watched as Lauren figured it out, the code is an address. But each letter represents every other letter. This usually takes a very long time to do, but Lauren hasn't forgotten this.

Lauren wouldn't write out the code for Normani so remembering each letter was harder, her son is alive. She knows exactly where he is, he's in a children's center in San Diego.

"Ismael is alive. He's in San Diego" Lauren said, not giving Normani anymore information

"Has he been adopted?"

"No" Lauren said "But he could be"

"Would you like to see-"

"I don't know. Probably not, If he's getting adopted he shouldn't meet me. It'll confuse him. I want to see Ocean"

"You will they're going to let you visit her at the children's center" Normani said "And please don't give up okay? I'm looking at all your options okay? The hospital might not work out but there are other options I promise"

"Like what? An asylum?" Lauren asked "They might as well keep me here!"

"Lauren look at me" Normani said waiting until Lauren did as she said

"I'm not going to let them send you there okay? I promise you I won't"

"But what if the judge says-"

"You're not going anywhere like that I promise"

Laurens still unconvinced but she knows if she's transferred to an asylum she'll easily escape. She just has two babies to visit first.

*********
THE NEXT DAY

"Why won't you draw me something today? You always draw me such nice pictures" Dr. Keys asked Lauren as she pushed a colored pencil towards her. Lauren's really on ease because she's been seeing her father's friends all day. They're sitting right behind her.

"I don't want to" Lauren said

"Come on please? Why don't you draw Ocean? What can you remember?"

"You already know what she looks like" Lauren said with a sigh, as she watched her father's friend Jose sit down next to Dr. Keys

"But I might not know how old she is" Dr. Keys said

"She's three" Lauren said

"Right? I had her after Camila and I had our fake sweet....sixteen" Lauren thought to herself "Oh shit..."

"She's....we lied" Lauren lied not wanting to admit she completely forgot her own child's birth year. A symptom of her schizophrenia is that she'll struggle differentiating what is real and what's a figment of her imagination.

You don't even know how old your daughter is and you want her back?
You're so pathetic

"You lied?" Dr. Keys asked "Lied about what"

"About Oceans age so you'd let her get adopted by a desperate couple" Lauren said

"So she's not three?"

"No" Lauren said "She's two and my son is around one. Am I in trouble?"

"No of course not. You would've been if you lied to me. The children's center called yesterday. Miss Hamilton thought it would be best if I asked you. I would like you to draw me something though"

"I can't" Lauren said

"Why Lauren? You can draw whatever you want" Dr. Keys said, at the same time Jose walked over to Dr. Keys and wrapped his hand around her neck

"I want to go to my room" Lauren whined as she closed her eyes "They're here"

"Okay okay. Listen, you want Dr. Issratel to come in? The exercise you guys did last time was good right?"

Lauren nodded, as she recollected her psychotherapy session with Dr. Issratel. That did help her but Lauren really misses Camila. No one understands, Camila's her twin. They needed each other for everything and now Lauren can't even feel her. The thought brings her to tears.

"I want my sister!" Lauren cried into her hands "I don't want to do this anymore"

"Shhhh it's okay to cry honey" Dr. Keys said as she pulled Lauren into a hug "It's okay to miss her"

"No you don't understand! I need her!"

Vote down below where the judge should send Lauren next

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 5.1K 25
"Wait a minute babe, let's think about this. I'm not letting you get hurt throughout this mess." The green eyed girl shook her head. "I'm a big girl...
471K 6.8K 7
A collection of original Camren & Norminah one shots (plot-heavy STEAMY stories). **PLEASE DO NOT COPY/REPOST/REPRODUCE MY WORK. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED...
Island By Alone

Fanfiction

41.2K 1.8K 9
An inseparable group, fifth harmony, become torn apart after fame. Rumors, fans, and paparazzi's that are willing to destroy their reputations make t...
Fated. By Shenhe

Fanfiction

644 19 8
To Camila and Lauren. What could possibly happen about growing up, getting hurt, and falling in love with your childhood best friend? Find out; Frien...