Not So Normal

By misselissa

Meeting One Direction is all Elissa has ever dreamed of, and her dreams are about to come true. When Niall fa... More

Chapter 1 ~ For the Win
Chapter 2 ~ Dinner and Dates
Chapter 3 ~ So We Meet Again
Chapter 4 ~ Insecurities
Chapter 5 ~ Food Babies and Photo Shoots
Chapter 6 ~ Saturday Night Lights
Chapter 8 ~ Beautiful Sights
Chapter 9 ~ The End of the Beginning
Chapter 10 ~ Goodbye (For Now)
Chapter 11 ~ Surprise Surprise
Chapter 12 ~ Welcome
Chapter 13 ~ Secrets
Chapter 14 ~ The Truth Hurts
Chapter 15 ~ Official
Chapter 16 ~ Too Long
Chapter 17 ~ Gone Too Soon
Chapter 18 ~ Regrets
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue

Chapter 7 ~ Just hangin'

189 6 0
By misselissa

   I sleep in until almost noon. I only even wake up because my phone starts ringing. I must have forgotten to turn the volume off last night. I groggily answer and say hello.

   "Oh my god did I wake you up? I'm so sorry." It's Niall.

   "No, no  you're fine. I shouldn't be asleep still anyway. Lindsey and I stayed up really late talking, so I was just really tired," I say. 

   "Why were you up so late? Did you wake her up after we talked?"

   "No. I went into my room and she was sitting on my bed. I guess she heard me leave. She made me tell her everything. Do the guys know?"

   "Yeah, they know. I told them before I told you. I wanted to make sure I wasn't insane for falling in love with someone I just met. They encouraged me to tell you. They've been so worried that I'll never find love, so when they heard I liked someone they got excited," he says shyly. I smile and tell him can come over and hang out if he wants. He says he's not at the hotel right now, but he'll be back in like half an hour. We say goodbye and I hang up. I look up and see Lindsey in my doorway.

   "Niall's coming over in a little bit," I tell her. She smiles.

   "I told you so. I told you so from the first day and you didn't believe me!" she says happily. I just roll my eyes and get up to get dressed.

   "Shoo," I tell her, shoving her out my door and closing it. I put on a pair of my new jeans (they have the coolest sparkly butt pockets ever) and a black tank top. I also put in the earrings Niall said I should get. I curl my hair and that perfects the look. I join Lindsey out in the living room and she rolls her eyes when she sees me.

   "You have to be all fancy for him? Really?" I smack her and tell her to not make a fool of herself, or me, while Niall is here. We talk for a few minutes and then there's a knock on the door. I jump up and get it. It's Niall.

   "I brought food," he says, holding up a couple pizza boxes.

   "Yay!" I exclaim, clapping my hands together like a little kid. I let Niall in and take the pizzas from him. I grab three plates from the kitchen and go sit on the couch by Niall. I put the pizzas on the coffee table, and the three of us dig in. In just a few short minutes both pizzas are gone, and we're all stuffed. Except for maybe Niall.

   "So you like Elissa?" Lindsey asks Niall. I glare at her and feel my cheeks turning red. Niall nods. "And you want to come visit us in LA?"

   "Us?" Niall asks, confused. I guess we forgot to mention that Lindsey and I share a house. I explain to him that we live together. "Ah. Well, if visiting Elissa means visiting you, then I'm totally fine with it."

   "What are you going to do while you're visiting us?" Lindsey asks. Great, is she gonna dig?

   "Well, I was thinking of just hanging out and getting to know Elissa better, unless you have any better ideas," Niall says. I smile. A few days of just hanging our with Niall would be amazing.

   "You guys should go to the beach," Lindsey says. I frown. Seriously, Lindsey?

   "We'll just have to see. I'm up for whatever Elissa's up for."

   After we talk for a bit about stuff we could do in LA, there's another knock at the door. Lindsey gets up to get it, and it's the rest of the band.

   "We were wondering where you were, mate," Louis says to Niall. He apologizes for not telling them where he was. He says it like he's an ashamed little kid that got caught doing something he shouldn't have been doing. It's adorable.

   "We forgot to tell you girls this, but we're going out to dinner tonight so we're taking you to get dresses," Zayn says. Lindsey and I look at each other and grin. We love dress shopping. We all get into the cars and we go to this fancy store somewhere downtown. The guys leave me and Lindsey to find dresses while they go look at stuff.

   Lindsey finds her dress right away, but I take longer to decide. Lindsey finds a really cool blue dress for me that I love, but I find one that's similar, but red. They're both mid-thigh length, have 3/4 sleeves, and they're sparkly, but the red one has a cooler neckline, and Niall says I look good in red, so Lindsey and I eventually decide I should get it, just for that reason. We go find the guys after we get our dresses, and Niall tries to see my dress, but I won't let him open the dress bag.

   "You'll just have to wait and be surprised," I say, pushing him away from me.

   "I hope you took my advice," he says with a wink. Oh I did, don't worry. The dress shows off my curves perfectly, and it's red. Niall will be surprised in the best way. I guess the guys all got new ties, and I smile when I see that Niall's is red. It matches my dress exactly. He must have known I would get a red dress. What girl wouldn't listen to their celebrity crush's fashion advice?

   We go back to the hotel and hang out for a bit before we all get ready for dinner. When we've got our dresses on, Lindsey comes into my bathroom so we can do our hair and makeup together. Lindsey sighs when she sees me.

   "You look great," she says.

   "You do too," I say. She looks stunning in her dress. It brings out her eyes a lot and shows off her curves just enough. "Harry is going to love it." We help each other with our hair, and Lindsey makes my hair look amazing. She puts it up in a fancy bun, then she takes a few strands of hair out and curls them, leaving them hanging.

   "You know, if the whole duet thing doesn't work out, you should be a hair stylist," I tell her. She just smiles and covers my head in hairspray. I start on her hair, and she tells me she just wants something simple, so I put her hair in the most perfect ponytail ever and then I curl it. She almost has the sweet little girl look. We do our own makeup and then we grab our shoes and I text Niall telling him we're ready. Almost immediately there's a knock at the door. I put my heels on and then Lindsey and I join the guys out in the hall.

   "You look absolutely stunning," Niall says, looking me up and down. "I'm glad you took my advice."

    We get driven to this really fancy restaurant and I'm surprised when Perrie, Eleanor, and Elizabeth are waiting for us. Elizabeth is Liam's fiance. They just got engaged like two months ago. I've always wanted to meet all of these girls. The guys introduce us to each other and then we go sit down at a big table. We all order our drinks, and everyone orders wine except for me and Lindsey. We feel like little kids ordering soda.

   When our drinks come Niall tells me I should try some of his wine. "Niall, I'm not legally allowed to drink. The drinking age in America is tweny-one, remember?" I say, just really not wanting to try it.

   "I don't care. Just try a little bit," he says, holding his glass out to me. I sigh and take a small sip. The taste is bitter and I don't like it. I scrunch up my face in dislike and everyone laughs.

   "I don't think she's going to be a drinker," Zayn says with a laugh. I shoot him a look and everyone just laughs more. When the waiter comes we all order our food and then go back to just talking. The other girls ask me and Lindsey about ourselves, and for a few of the questions Niall answers them before we get the chance.

   "How do you even know all this?" Perrie asks Niall. He shrugs.

   "I guess I just remember stuff," he says. I smile. Most of the stuff he remembered was about me. I'll have to ask him what else about me he remembers. I'll text him about it later. We spend all of dinner talking about just random stuff. We talk about the guys going back on tour for a few minutes. They have their first show of the tour in the US in Miami on Thrusday, then it's a month of shows. They have a five day break and then another month of shows, ending in LA in the beginning of September. Niall actually got me and Lindsey tickets to their last show, which he doesn't know is on my 21st birthday.

   After dinner we all go back to the hotel. Zayn, Louis, and Liam want to hang out with their girls, so Harry and Niall come over and hang out with me and Lindsey for a bit. We get really bored after like half an hour, so we text Louis and tell him to come over. A couple minutes later Louis, Eleanor, and Zayn come in. Perrie was already asleep apparently, and Liam and Elizabeth were 'busy,' so they stayed in their rooms. Louis is a bit drunk, and he suggests that we play truth or dare. He goes first.

   "Truth or dare?" Zayn asks him.

   "Dare," he says giddily. Zayn dares him to drink the whole bottle of wine that is in the little fridge in the kitchen. He does it, and I can tell this night will be interesting with Louis being drunk. As everyone takes their turns, the dares get funnier and the truths get juicier. I'm last to go, and Louis is asking mine.

   "Truth or dare?" he slurs. I think for a minute. I've never been a person for dares, but what's the worst that could happen, right?

   "Dare," I say slowly. Louis grins.

   "I dare you to seven minutes in heaven in your bedroom with Niall," he says. Well maybe that was just about the worst thing that could happen. This is going to be extremely awkward for me. Niall just smiles and grabs my hand, dragging me to my room and shutting the door.

   "If you don't want to do this you don't have to," he says. What a sweetheart. I shake my head.

   "No, it's okay. It's just, uh-"

   "It's just what?" Niall cuts me off.

   "I've never made out with anyone before," I admit, looking away in shame. What 20 year-old hasn't made out with anyone? Just me...

   "Didn't you have a boyfriend?" he asks. I nod.

   "We kissed, but it was always just a peck on the lips. I don't think he liked me enough to actually make out with me..."

   "Well he must have been insane not to like you," Niall says. I feel myself blushing and I'm glad that the only light in the room was the city lights through the window in my room. I'm about to thank Niall for being so nice to me when no one else has been when he kisses me. After the initial shock I kiss back, hoping I'm not completely ruining this for him. What if I'm an awful kisser?

   "You're a good kisser," Niall whispers into my neck, kissing it and pushing me towards my bed. When the back of my legs hit the bed I gasp in surprise. I feel Niall smiling into my neck as he pushes me down onto the bed. I scoot back so my head is on the pillows, and Niall follows me, staying on top of me, still kissing me. I run my hands through his hair, pulling him closer to me. His tongue finds its way into my mouth, and at first I'm really weirded out, but after a minute I love it. I've been missing out.

   "You guys ever gonna come back out?" a voice says from the doorway a few minutes later. I gasp and push Niall off of me. It's just Eleanor.

   "That was the longest seven minutes of my life," I hear Lindsey say from the room outside. I look at the clock on the nightstand and gasp. We were making out for like twenty minutes.

   "Looks like somebody needs a lesson on how to tell time," Zayn says when Niall and I come back out and join everyone else. I shoot him a glare and sit back down on the couch I was on before. Niall sits down next to me and puts his arm around my shoulders. We only play truth or dare for a few more minutes, and luckily it doesn't make it back to me. It does, however, make it to Niall again. 

   "What's the craziest thing you've ever done?" Lindsey asks him. He stays silent for a minute, thinking, before he answers.

   "Falling in love with a crazy fan that I just met," he says with a smile. Lindsey and Eleanor 'aw' and I feel myself turning bright red. Niall turns to me and plants a kiss on my lips in front of everyone. I squeal in surprise and Louis bursts out laughing. Niall pulls away, trying not laugh, and I fold my arms over my chest, kind of annoyed at everyone.

   "I think it's time we get Louis to bed," Eleanor says after a  minute. Louis had sat down on the floor and was hugging the coffee table and stroking it, telling it he was going to buy it flowers and chocolate. We all say goodnight, and Louis, Eleanor, and Zayn leave.

   "Well, I guess I'll head to bed as well. Goodnight," Harry says after a couple minutes of awkward silence. We say goodbye, and then it's just me, Niall, and Lindsey.

   "I'm going to go to bed, too," Lindsey says, getting up and going to her room. I give her a look, trying to get her to stay, but she won't. What am I going to do with Niall still here?

   "Wanna practice making out?" Niall asks teasingly. I smile.

   "Who wouldn't?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 19 24
A teenage girls dreams come true when she meets One Direction and become best friends. Life isn't always a dream, sometimes it's a nightmare. But may...
22.5K 472 48
Ariana has just graduated from high school and her mom is sending her to London to say with her aunt for the summer. Her aunt works for a big boyband...
4.7K 125 32
They're first shot. || Two young people meet on accident and it changes their lives forever, but remember, life has two paths and nobody knows what w...
173K 2.9K 33
"Love is like a staircase, it has its ups and downs, sometimes twists and turns, but in the end, it puts us where we want to be." ~Anonymus Lore was...