Top Dawgs (Big Eight)

By MagicGoldenFlower

Jack, Kristoff, Eugene, and Rapunzel have always been the top dogs at their school. But when a new group arri... More

Characters (skip if you want)
I'm in your grade
You're terrible
That's cute
One crazy girl
I would take you in a heartbeat
Chicken
Let's get started on this project
Don't brag
Honest answer or sweet lie
So you have a hand fetish
It's a surprise
Best! Dare! Ever!
Snowflake?
You are expelled
Cobalt and carbon
You look afraid to me
I'm out of shape
I'm like the grinch
It's a blessing and a curse
You and the nicknames
Man, gossip spreads fast
Young love
Consider it my birthday present
Kiss the chef
I hate them both with a passion
Wee lamb
F for Fantastic
Tanner's a killjoy
Go! Fight! Win!
Okay Jelsa
I know you couldn't
What happened
How dare you
An inch shorter
Break up
Shut up, Jack
5 years later
TANGLED SERIES!!!

You don't think

780 32 11
By MagicGoldenFlower

*Elsa's POV*
I was laying on my bed Friday night. There wasn't much to do now that gymnastics started. They wanted us to go to bed on time and always eat the right foods. That meant staying away from Anna when she had chocolate.

As I was scrolling through my social medias, my phone started ringing. I didn't recognize the number, but it was from the area so I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey, Elsa. It's me, Regina, Rapunzel's mom. Could you maybe come talk to her? I understand if you're busy, but I've tried everything. The boys can't get anything out of her and I'm scared. She hardly laughs or smiles. I can't even remember the last time she painted a picture. I-I don't kn-know what to do anymore." Regina started, eventually backing away from the phone because she couldn't hold back her sobs anymore.

"Of course. Anything for Rap. I'll rally up the gang and we'll be over as fast as we can." I agreed. Eugene has been putting a toll on everyone, so anytime I had the chance to help, I was ready to hop on. The only way to get through a time like this is with others.

"Thank you, Elsa! You have no idea what this means to me, to Eugene. Those two have always been close so if he found out she was moping around because of him he wouldn't be pleased. Just, thank you." Regina rambled.

"It's no problem. We were put on this earth to help others." I answered. I quickly texted everyone, telling them the plan. We were going to meet at Rapunzel's house. Regina told me that Rapunzel would be home alone because Regina had some business to take care of.

"Anna, could you make some cookies quick?" I asked after I knocked our special knock on her door. I heard her tumble in her room and eventually open the door. Her hair was a mess, showing she had fallen asleep.

"Of course, Els. What are we doing tonight?" Anna yawned as she walked with me to the kitchen. Mom and Dad were out for the evening, so it was just us.

"Regina wants us to try talking to Punz tonight. I figured some cookies would make her feel better." I smiled. Food always made me happier.

"Good idea! Rapunzel has always liked baked goods. Maybe this will bring her back." Anna encouraged. Anna was always one to see the glass as half full. After the cookies finished baking, we drove over to Rapunzel's and waited for the others.

*Rapunzel's POV*
"Rapunzel." Someone mumbled into my ear. I groaned and turned the other way. I didn't want to wake up. For some reason, I've been tired all day and I don't really have an appetite anymore.

"Go away." I grumbled.

"Rapunzel." I heard again as they shook my shoulder. I slowly lifted my head and looked at my mother's face. She was softly smiling, showing that she didn't really want to wake me up.

"Hi, Mom." I yawned. I sat up and stretched. My eyes wondered around the room to see where I fell asleep this time. I was laying on the piano again in the music room.

"Hey, baby. I have to go to work for a little while. I know it's a Friday night, but this is really important. Do you think you can handle yourself?" Mom asked. Her blue eyes wandered over my face, questioning if I was okay.

"Yeah. I'll be fine until you come back." I replied. She smiled then kissed the top of my head.

"I love you." She stated.

"I know. I love you, too." I replied. She stood up and shut the door. I looked back down at the piano. I had shut the keys so I wouldn't wake myself if I rolled around. The shiny wood showed my reflection as I trailed my fingers along it. I looked my choppy haircut that was at my chin. The more I looked at it, the more I wanted to change it.

I sped up the stairs two at a time. I slammed open my mother's bathroom cupboard and searched through the shelves until I found the magic bottle. Brown hair dye. I don't understand why my mother had this, but I didn't care. I hastily read the instructions then poured the bottle all over my hair. I was a changed girl after that accident.

As I was staring at my newly dyed hair in the mirror, the doorbell rang. I figured it was just some ding dong ditcher, so I ignored it. I kept looking at the brunette hair that complemented my eyes almost as much as my blonde hair. The ringing wouldn't stop so I trudged down the stairs slowly. "I'm coming. I'm coming." I mumbled.

I opened the door to find all of my friends standing on the doorstep. They all looked happy that I opened the door. They were all surprised to see the haircut, but none of them said a word. They kept smiling, not saying anything. Their eyes wondered all over my body. I had lost weight and sleep since the accident. They could probably see that my clothes looked baggier now and the dark bags under my eyes. "Hi, Rapunzel." Jack greeted after a long silence.

"Hi." I quietly mumbled as twiddled my thumbs. I couldn't figure out why they had come. I really just wanted to be alone and think.

"We brought you some cookies." Anna smiled as she held out a Christmas box full of stuff. I slowly shook my head.

"No, thanks. I haven't really been hungry lately." I answered as I stood in the doorway. The cold air was sending shivers down my spine and goosebumps down my arm. I wanted to shut the door.

"Can we come in?" Merida asked. I wanted them to come in, really. But what would we do? I didn't feel up for games and laughing. I would much rather sit at the piano and play more songs. That was all I ever did anymore.

"You wouldn't want to." I sighed. I felt the tears tugging at my eyes. For some reason, everything has turned gray. The sky wasn't the same blue anymore and the people weren't as friendly.

"Yes, we do." Hiccup answered. Hiccup, I almost forgot about him. I looked into his evergreen eyes and saw that he was pleading. I glanced down at his left leg. I've been scared of it. It was something that shouldn't have happened to him. It was something that would always bring back terrible memories and yet, he wore it with pride.

I shook my head with the tears starting to roll down my cheeks. They wouldn't want to be around me. I'm a mess now that this accident happened. I'm just some lame crybaby. I wiped away the drops with my sleeve. "Goodnight." I mumbled as I began to shut the door.

"No! Wait!" Kristoff called as he stuck his arm out to stop the door. I pulled it back to look at him. Kristoff has always been like an older brother to me. Looking into his calming brown eyes made me want to hug him and cry into his shoulder. But I couldn't do that with them here.

"Look, none of you guys know what I'm going through. I'm a hot mess! Coming in here wouldn't fix anything. It will just make you pity me more, and that's not what I want." I sobbed as I wiped away more tears. The cold breeze was really starting to get to me. I could feel my teeth starting to chatter.

"Rap, we want to help," Elsa replied. I looked up at her. Her blue eyes were almost begging me to let them in, but I couldn't. They would cater to my every move and I didn't want that. "Please?"

"If you guys were my friends, you would let me be alone. Now, goodnight." I answered. I began to shut the door again when another hand stopped it. I turned and looked at Jack.

"Friends would let you hid behind that door, but best friends would come in and talk about it." Jack replied. I bite my lip, knowing he was right. Pulled my arms in close to my body. I was cold and afraid. I felt two arms wrap around me. I looked up and saw Kristoff. I chuckled and laid my head against his shoulder. I felt more warmth as everyone joined in on the big group hug.

The door shut behind us and we moved into the living room. I anxiously sat on the couch. I don't know why I was feeling that way, they were my friends. "So, Rap, what have you been doing lately?" Anna asked.

"Nothing much. I've mostly spent my time in the music room." I replied as I rub my hands up and down my arms. I was still chilly from the winter breeze blowing through the house.

"Have you painted anything?" Kristoff questioned. He looked concerned, like an older brother would be. I shook my head and looked downcast.

"I don't really feel like painting anymore. It's feels more like homework than entertainment." I mumbled. The room became silent. I could feel their eyes widen and look at each other.

"I made hot chocolate!" Elsa cheered as she walked into the living room. She must have noticed the silence as she entered. "I made enough for all of us." She smiled, trying to lighten the mood. I wasn't thirsty, but I didn't want to look rude, so I took a mug.

"So, Rapunzel, tell me, how's Pascal doing?" Merida asked. She looked generally concerned, so I decided to answer her.

"He's doing well. He's been a great support. He mostly listens, giving me something to blabber my problems to." I softly smiled as I brought my mug to my lips. It scorched down my throat, but I didn't care.

"Rapunzel, I really hate to ask, but how have you been?" Jack asked. I could feel the tears coming back. That's all it seemed to be about recently. How's Rapunzel holding up? Whatcha up to, Rap? Getting along, Punz?

"Everything isn't about me." I frowned. I didn't mean to snap at Jack, but the nagging questions were pounding in my head. People shouldn't be asking me how I feel. I wasn't the one dying in a hospital right now. I wasn't the one who had to get my leg amputated. I walked away with hardly a bruise!

"Punz, we're worried about you." Anna joined in. I shot her a glance. I could hardly see her through the tears building up. Any second they would overflow.

"Why? Why are you worried about me?" I croaked.

"Because you're our friend." Merida frowned. I huffed, trying to hold back my sobs. I hid my face behind my hands.

"That doesn't make any sense." I sobbed. The tears were trickling down my red cheeks. I couldn't let them see me this weak.

"How?" Kristoff questioned. They kept asking me question after question. I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Because nothing bad happened to me!" I shouted as I sat up. They all flinched from me raising my voice.

"Rapunzel, that doesn't mean-"

"I walked away without a scratch! Hiccup got his leg amputated. Merida sprained her arm and has multiple back bruises. Eugene is dying before our eyes. And you guys ask me how I'm feeling! That doesn't make sense!" I argued. I was pouring out my worries, hoping they would understand.

"Rapunzel, you didn't walk away without a scratch. Something happened to you after that accident. You're never at school. I hardly see you smile anymore. What's wrong with you?" Jack cried. I saw the tears flowing down his face. He didn't even try to wipe them away. His crystal blue eyes reflect his fear.

"I don't know!" I confessed as I covered my face. What was wrong with me? I haven't sang any songs, I don't paint, hell, I haven't been to the orphanage since the accident.

"Rapunzel, are you worried Eugene?" Kristoff asked as he laid his hand over mine. His callused hand was gigantic compared to my fragile hand. I looked into his eyes and knew that he was right.

"Yes." I softly answered. I was finally admitting to myself. For the past two weeks, I've been lying to myself, saying Eugene would be okay. But honestly, I didn't know if he would.

"Rapunzel, we're worried, too." Kristoff replied as he brushed my brown hair out of my green eyes. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and sobbed into his shoulder.

"I don't know what to do anymore. The more I tell myself he'll be okay, the more I cry at night, the more I don't have an appetite." I confessed. He rubbed his hand up and down my back.

"Rapunzel, I'm scared, too. But Eugene wouldn't want you to do this to yourself. He would want you to be strong, like the warrior you are." Kristoff advised. I nodded my head, agreeing with him. Eugene would hate to see me this way.

A hand laid on my shoulder. I glanced up and looked into his evergreen eyes. "Do you want to go visit him?" Hiccup questioned. Without a doubt, I nodded my head. Kristoff carried me out to the car. Eventually, we arrived in his hospital room. Quickly, I took my seat beside Eugene's bedside.

"Eugene," I smiled as I took his hand in mine. Everything felt better with him around. Everyone gathered around, trying to look at him. "I finally gathered the gang all up."

"Is this what you do? You just talk?" Anna asked. I nodded my head. She looked confused, like I was crazy.

"Ya. It's weird at first, but until you get past that he won't reply, everything feels natural." I replied. I looked back Eugene. He looked better than he did last week. He wasn't as bruised up around his head.

"What happened there?" Merida questioned as she pointed to his right wrist. It was still a splotchy purple and yellow. I shook my head.

"I honestly don't know." I frowned.

"Rap, did you say there was a defect in your airbag?" Hiccup asked. Suddenly, everything clicked in my mind. I looked at everyone with my eyes as wide as saucers.

"You don't think-" I started.

"Of course, he did." Jack finished. Eugene had stopped the airbag from hitting me. He's the reason I'm sitting here without a bruise. He saved my life.

..........................................................................................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

933 67 20
In a modern, highschool AU, seniors Jack Frost, Elsa Arendelle, Hiccup Haddock, Merida DunBroch, Rapunzel Corona and Eugene Fitzherbert are about to...
9.1K 225 29
Elsa, Jack, Merida, Hiccup, Eugene, and Rapunzel all go to Elsa's ice castle in Arendelle for summer break. Anna and Kristoff are still in high schoo...
7.2K 264 30
ElsaXJack I will try to update as fast as I can! I love you all, thanks for 3.3k reads! you're the best <3
340K 10.4K 25
CURRENT WIP: REWRITE/EDIT OF ENTIRE BOOK! *5/20 chapters edited* - Meet Elsa Arendelle. She's one of the most popular girls in her high school, Ever...