Hunter Academy - Book 1

By TinaJones279

Jessica Matthews is a young college student, about to start her final year at Mizzou. After a night out with... More

A/N
A Night Out With Friends
EMERGENCY LIGHTS
ONE MONTH LATER
DINNER AND A MOVIE
NIGHTMARES AND SLINGING DRINKS
ANOTHER TRAGEDY
New Introduction
TRUTH AND LIES
POOL HALL ESCAPADES
REACHING OUT
THE OFFICE
ENSURING PROTECTION
CONVERSATIONS
DOG DAY AFTERNOON
NIGHTMARES
A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP
GIRL'S NIGHT OUT
ROAD TRIP PART 1
ROAD TRIP PART 2
LEARNING
ANSWERS
SUPERNATURAL
PROPHECY
BUNKER
SICKNESS AND ANGELS
PSYCHICS
AGREEMENT
AGREEMENT PT. 2
FAMILY MEETING
THE WHITE WAY
THE PROPHET
KISSING AND BAD DREAMS
SLEEPOVER
AFRICAN DREAM ROOT
Chapter 36
DEMON FIGHT
A REALIZATION
I NEED A NAP
THE BIG BAD
CELEBRATION
EPILOGUE

GUYS AND GIRLS

3.2K 221 26
By TinaJones279

^^^ That's my Dane. Just substitute brown eyes for those baby blues.

Dane

Leo, Sam and I ride back to our apartment in silence, each of us in our own thoughts. Sam pulls the Jeep into the assigned parking space, and we climb out, and as we make our way inside Leo speaks.

"Hey, Sam, do you think that..."

Whatever he was going to say, was cut off by Sam, "Not now, Leo."

"Fine. But we are going to talk about it. He needs to know." What the hell?

"Agreed."

"What the hell are you two talking about?"

"Later," Leo tells me, his look a little apprehensive.

Sam unlocks and opens the apartment door, his eyes scanning everything as he walks through the entrance, even though this is our home. He was always the best in our situational awareness training, and he can't turn it off, being protective by nature. I go straight for the recliner and plop myself down, pulling the lever for it to recline and the foot rest to pop up. I cross my legs at my ankles, and put my hands behind my head.

"We need to do that again. We never get to go out and unwind," I tell my brothers. And they are my brothers. We might not share DNA, but family is a choice, and we chose each other.

"That's because there's always a case that has us running around the country. We're never home long enough to unwind with a night out," Leo says as he rubs a hand over his face, and lets out a sigh. "And we still need to plan to head out to the bunker so we can report to the Council about our last three cases."

"We can wait a few days. I'm not up for a four hour drive right now," I complain. And I'm not. We just got back from a vengeful ghost case, and a werewolf case before that, and endless other cases before that. Right now, all I want to do is think about a pair of light green eyes. Eyes so light, they're almost clear. I forget about my brothers as I lose myself in my daydream. I smile remembering the indignant look on her face when I called her Snow, but I'll be damned if she doesn't look as pure as the nickname I gave her with her black, pixie cut hair and fair complexion. She didn't wear much make-up, so when she and her friend finished their routine, her cheeks were flushed pink. Damn, she was hot tossing those bottles around.

"Yo! D! Where'd you go," Sam asks in his deep voice, snapping his fingers in my face. I shrug my shoulders and mumble out a response.

"What did you say?"

"I said I was thinking about Snow."

Sam and Leo look at each other, and for the first time since we learned to silently speak to each other, I have no idea what they're saying.

"What was that?"

Leo clears his throat, "So remember that case we had in Lawrence last year? You were at the morgue, and Sam and I went to talk to Miss Moseley? Well, she claimed to be a psychic, so Sam and I just blew off what she told us."

"What did she say?" I'm looking at him like he's lost his mind.

Sam looks at Leo warily.

Leo clears his throat again. "Well, after we questioned her, and we were leaving, she stopped us," he looks nervously at Sam.

I roll my eyes. "Seriously guys? What did she say?" This is getting ridiculous. These two never have a problem saying what's on their minds. I see Sam suck in a breath and turn his dark eyes to me. Sam doesn't speak much, some would label him the strong silent type, so when he speaks, I listen.

"Her exact words were 'There will be one to heal all three."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"That's what Leo said to her. She said that the three of us were broken, and that one girl would come along and put us back together."

"That's ridiculous! I know we know about the shit in this world that most people dont, but really? A psychic?" I can't believe these two knuckleheads.

Leo holds his hands up. "I know, brother, but you weren't there. She knew stuff about all of us. Stuff only the three of us know. She knew there were three of us, even though only two of us were there. She knew how the world really is. She said that when we find our one, to come talk to her and she will help guide us. Man, Sam and I feel it too. We're drawn to her. She's beautiful, funny, and talented. Could you hear her singing along at the club? Voice of an angel, I tell you. But did you see her eyes? Beyond the beautiful color? She might have been laughing and smiling, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. She's broken too, man. We need to go to Missouri and talk to her."

"Missouri? I thought you said Lawrence," I say with confusion.

"Missouri Moseley. Missouri is her first name."

"Fine. Call her. But make it to where we can see her on the way to the bunker. I only want to make one long trip. I'm hitting the sack," I say as I stand up and make my way to my room. Maybe I'll dream of my green-eyed Snow.

Jessica

We finally have the bar shut down, with everything cleaned and put away. Matt and I pull up a couple of bar stools, and sit down to unwind with a couple of cold ones.

"Soooo," Matt says with a grin on his face, " you got the digits." It's not a question, so I just look at him as I take a sip of my beer. "Awww, come on, sweet cheeks! I need the deets so I can live vicariously through you," he whines.

"Okay, okay," I laugh out, "yes, I got a number."

"From one of the hotties, right?" He is so giddy, you would think that he got the number.

"Yes. Dane."

"Which one is that?"

"Blondie."

"Oooh! I was hoping it was Chocolate Thunder! I'd like to unwrap him and devour him whole! Did you see how big his muscles are? I bet he's big all over!" He says all this as I'm taking a drink, and I promptly spray it all over him as I laugh out loud. He deadpans and grabs some bar napkins to clean himself up.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry!" I say, still chuckling. "Chocolate Thunder?" I bust out in fresh giggles. I catch my breath. "Yes. I happened to notice how big he is. They're all tall, and all extremely good looking. I couldn't stop staring at them all night."

"I noticed. I also noticed them staring at you. The tallest one," Sparta I think to myself, "at one point seemed to be thinking something through as he looked at you."

"What do you mean?" I look at him, a little confused.

"I don't know how to describe it. It was like he was working on a puzzle, and when he finally put it all together, his face lit up like a Christmas tree. Did you notice he has dimples?" NO! He shrugs, "I don't know what to make of it, but he was looking at you the whole time."

I process what he said. I mean, I don't know them from Adam, but they're unforgettable.  Can't do much about it now.

"It's too late to try to pick this apart," I say as I stand up and throw my bottle away. "Come on and walk me to my car." We turn all the lights off and lock up behind us, setting the alarm. Matt wraps his arm around my shoulders as we make our way to the parking garage. When we get to my car, Matt wraps me up in a hug, and I circle my arms around his back.

"Be careful going home," he tells me, pulling back a little to kiss me on my forehead. "Love you."

"Love you, too."

I unlock my door and climb in. Starting my car, I put on my seatbelt, and the automatic locks engage. I back out of my spot, wave bye to Matt, and head home.

As I come up to a red light, I glance around me. As my eyes sweep across the rear view mirror, my heart jumps in my chest. It's the face from my dream! Thank god I'm stopped! I whip my head around, but there's nothing there. What. The. Actual. Fuck?! I must really be tired if I'm imagining things from my dreams. I shrug it off, attribute it to my over active imagination, and continue home without further incidents.

A/N: Sorry this was a short one. I worked extra shifts this week, so this is what I managed. This was my first foray into the mind of a dude. I hope I did alright. Thanks to the ladies on the FB page for their help. I ended up doing an interview with Dane to help me get into his mind.

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate the votes, comments, and positive feedback! You all rock! 🤘🤘🤘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 131 22
It seemed like Jasmonica Roth and her family could never get a break. From the time she was little, she always remembered the things that haunted her...
12K 251 29
The supernaturals have been out to the human world for the last 100 years. There are still many that do not associate with the human world as there i...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...
67K 5.8K 93
Callie has remained hidden among humanity for the last twenty years until her past catches up with her. Now, hunters seek to finish what they starte...