No Laughing Matter

By PagingDrZiggles

Harley Quinn is the lovable sidekick of the Joker. She's funny and quirky. But one night, she wanders off and... More

Girls Just Want To Have Fun
Sucker
Let's Go Out
One Night May Be Your Last
How Cold
Little Serendipity
Reminence
Nervous Beginnings
Secret Meeting
Dr. Crane.
A Price
Red Handed
Soft Side
Enigma
Grayson
Run Away
Birth of a Scarecrow
Business Is Pleasure
A Helping Hand
Ventriloquist
Protection
We're All Mad Here
Rebirth
One Bad Day
The Joke's On You
Dark Times Lie Ahead
The Only Thing We Have To Fear
Expectations
A Beautiful Mind
Announcements
Careful Planning
Patience
Newsflash
Schedule
Release
All Part Of The Plan
So Much To Do, So Little Time
It's All Over Now

The Punchline

35 1 0
By PagingDrZiggles

"Alright, boys," Joker stood outside a house. Facing his henchmen. He was wearing a purple rain coat and a hat, with sunglasses. His smile was sickeningly evil, "Be sure to have the car ready. This won't take me long." Frost ushered one man to watch the car. He and another man walked over to Joker, who pulled his gun out of his holster and held it in his hand. He turned and walked up the steps, the two men following him. J knocked twice on the door.
"I'll get it!" A female shouted from the other side of the door, which then opened to reveal Barbara Gordon.
"Hello, dear. Is your father home?" J smiled as he flashed the gun to her. She stood, frozen in shock.
"Honey? Who is it?" Commissioner James Gordon turned the corner and stopped in his tracks. J turned to his men and nodded. Joker pulled the gun up to waist level.
"Wanna hear a joke?" He looked at Barbara and smiled. A single tear fell down her cheek. J squeezed the trigger.
"BARBARA!" James screamed as he ran forward to catch her falling body. J nodded and the two men grabbed James, "YOU KILLED MY DAUGHTER!" He flailed and kicked, trying to get out of the henchmen's grip. Joker kneeled down to looked at him face to face.
"Oh. She's not dead," He glance over to Barbara, who was laying in a pool of blood, "At least not yet," Joker stood up and began to walk out, "Grab him boys." The henchmen knocked out James and brought him out and threw him in the car. They all jumped in and ran.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.4K 2.5K 55
Doctor Harleen Quinzel, a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum. She was assigned to the clown himself. She thought she was curing him, but she was falling...
4.2K 171 7
From the beginning of their relationship, the Joker insisted that Harley Quinn was just a bit of fun to him. This story examines the beginning of tha...
84 1 7
Batman and his Batfamily(Nightwing/Dick Grayson, Batgirl/Barbra Gordon, Red Hood/Jason Todd, Robin/Damian Wayne, and Harley Quinn/Harleen Quinnzel) a...
14K 342 5
(Y/n) (L/n) is a young woman who just graduated high school, she moved into the city of Gotham to start a career. One day she was on her way back to...