The Gilbert Twins: Back From...

By stvckinmyhead

Originally - Gilbert Twins: Forever A Blood Bag ✨✨✨✨✨ Waking up from being sacrificed, now Kat's biggest task... More

Intro
Taster
Chapter 1: Recap
Chapter 2: Not My Funeral?
Chapter 3: Letter's To A Friend - Part 1
Chapter 4: Letter's To A Friend - Part 2
Chapter 5: Just Let Me Hear Your Voice
Chapter 6: We're In Werewolf Territory On A Full Moon? How Smart(!)
Chapter 7: Such Neat Handwriting For A Psychopath
Chapter 8: I Can Do Far Better Than A CRAPPY SUBSTITUTE!
Chapter 9: I Told You I'd See You In Hell
Chapter 10: Nice Catch...
Chapter 11: Do I Really Want To Do This Again?
Chapter 12: I'll Be The B!**h Because You Clearly Can't
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!
Chapter 14: Nobody's Safe
Chapter 15: I Knew You Cared...
Chapter 16: Everything I Was Promised...
Chapter 17: Bottle It Up
Chapter 18: Im So Sorry, Elena...
Chapter 19: I Always Wanted To Be Cremated
Chapter 20: He Didn't Do It!
Chapter 21: It's MY Fault!
Chapter 22: Who Knew Blood Ran So Deep...
Chapter 23: Well, I Didn't Need To See That...
Chapter 24: Don't Go Ric...
Chapter 25: If I Die, You Die?
Chapter 26: How Peaceful...
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!

Chapter 13: Backstabbing B!**h

2.7K 69 2
By stvckinmyhead

🙀

http://38.media.tumblr.com/ab1251b14673883989ba0f3a5449bfc6/tumblr_inline_ng89rfrBXV1rxkpvw.gif.

"All right, we'll say that Mikael followed Kat in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait" Stefan explained as I trailed after him with a bored expression.

"And you, what, vervained him?" I questioned.

"No, we vervained him. The guy's an original. Make it realistic" Damon chipped in.

"Ok. Fine. We vervained him" Stefan caved. "And in the process discovered that he had a dagger" Stefan re-ran through.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead--" I was cut off.

"We drove it through his heart" Stefan finished.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" I pointed out.

"Good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied" Damon taunted.

"Well don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here" Stefan smirked.

"Klaus is smart" even if it kills me to admit it. "If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof."

"Then I shall be dead" a new voice disturbed us, we all looked over at Mikael as he entered the library.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" I questioned while nearing him, Stefan by my side as Mikael set out a dagger and bottle filled with ash.

"Well, it means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him" Mikael stated confidently.

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him" Stefan reminded the room.

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned" Mikael lifted the bottle filled with grayish dust and removed it's lid as he spoke.

"Where is it?" Damon spoke up from the background.

"Not here" he's lying. He has it on him, pretty easy to guess by the way his lip twitched ever so slightly. "Knowing its location is my insurance policy" his words faded around his task of dipping the dagger into the ash.

"Against what?" Stefan questioned.

"You leaving this in my heart" he made the dagger twirl in his grip as he spoke "You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you" he held it out to me.

I gripped the handle tightly, slipping it from his fingertips with a smirk "It would be my pleasure."

"Why the need to actually dagger you?" Damon piped up.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance. Especially when it comes to trust" was all he needed to say to gain a nod from each Salvatore.

-TIME SKIP-

I easily jammed the sharp metal into his heart, not caring as his skin grayed and he fell to the floor below me. Elena gasped slightly, but I trapped the annoyance I still felt over her sudden appearance thanks to Damon telling her of the plan. Seriously?! Since when are they so close?

"And there's the Kat we barely see(!)" Stefan taunted from his seat.

"Oh hush and call your master(!)" I threw back, his retort was a small glare as he pulled out his phone.

I rolled my eyes slightly as Stefan dialed his number and waited for him to pick up "...Your father's dead..." well that was to the point Stefan "...Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?...He came to town and began following Kat, I saw it as a threat so me and Damon vervained him, in that process we found a dagger I assume he wanted to use on Rebekah, Kat daggered him as we struggled to keep him down...Well, he's here. Come by whenever...It's true. I saw it with my own eyes...That's not a problem. She's right here."

Stefan walked the phone over to Rebekah after we shared a look, I guess now we'll see if she's really on our side. She reluctantly moved the phone to her ear, letting out a little sigh in the struggle. "Hello, Nik..." she looked up at me, I haven't a clue what he said but I just nodded to her in encouragement. "...It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here...Good. I'll see you then, brother" she hung up while looking down at her 'dead' daddy. "He bought it. He's coming home" she handed the phone back before leaving us there, and I honestly felt a stab of sympathy for the blonde annoyance.

"Now was that easy or what?" Damon moved closer to me.

"Let's just get this over with" I rushed out, uncomfortable with his closeness as Stefan sent the odd glance towards me. I simply pulled the dagger back out before moving to leave. "Ready, Elena?" she nodded quickly before scurrying behind me, barely glancing back at the troublesome brothers.

THE NEXT DAY

"I hate everything in my closet. I have nothing to wear to homecoming" I sighed and showed another dress to the mirror image lounging on my bed.

"Then stay at home" she shrugged. "Spend some time with me, I haven't seen you in forever."

"Kitty-kat, we both know you're only here as the backup plan for when Klaus shows up. If Mikael turns on us we need a vampire to take my place, remember? Don't pretend your here for me, you just can't wait to see Klaus dead" I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Don't be ridiculous, I may be here to see Klaus dead but that's just a bonus" she sat up, whooshing into a seated position next to me. "I've honestly missed you. 10 months glued together, it's still weird traveling without my favorite side-kick" I chuckled slightly with her words.

"I've missed you too. Your my sister just as much as Elena is, I just wish I could have my cake and eat it, have you both at my side" I smiled sadly.

"You never know, it may happen one day" she shrugged and I smiled, pulling her into a hug I've missed receiving.

-TIME SKIP-

"We can't trust Rebekah not to turn on us" Elena broke the silence as I organized the weapons on Damon's bed.

"Oh, really? Because those original vampires are usually so reliable(!)" I rolled my eyes at Damon's reply as Elena moved into the en suite to help him with the vervain or wolfsbane bombs, maybe both?

"Bonnie was right. Rebekah may be mad at Klaus now, but he is her brother" Elena ignored him.

"When did Bonnie say that?" I frowned and turned to face them.

"When she came over earlier, she was helping me pick a dress for tonight" was her reply.

"But remember, Klaus is her lying, mama-killing, dagger-happy brother" Damon chirped. "The wolfsbane's ready" so it's wolfsbane.

"There are too many things that can go wrong with this plan. Too many people who can make it go wrong" Elena replied in a bitter tone.

"Well, I am formulating a secret contingency plan," Damon said mysteriously.

"Really? What is it?" Elena quizzed, I would have copied but I already know. That's why Katherine's here, she already explained it all to me.

"Well, if I told you, then it won't be a secret" Damon did a weird head tilt as I turned back to the weapons.

"I need to borrow a tie" Stefan's sudden appearance caused my breath to hitch, I kept it quiet.

"You have your own ties" Damon bickered.

"I'm 162 years old and I'm going to a homecoming dance. I need better ties" it's almost like their normal brothers.

"You could not go" I chipped in while glancing back.

"I'm compelled to protect you. And if I look at your track record at high school dances, it's pretty tragic. My luck you'll go ahead and get yourself murdered by the homecoming queen" his eyes hovered over me.

"At least then I won't have to deal with you" I forced a smile as he left, releasing a sigh I moved towards my bag.

"What are you doing?" Elena frowned, distracting herself as Damon removed the semi-assembled bomb from her hands.

"Checking I have what I need to deal with our blondie problem" I muttered with a smirk when I saw the dagger, bottle of ash and the invincible necklace still in my bag, thank god for me barely cleaning this thing out.

"Ugh, please tell me that you have a better plan than wolfsbane grenades" Stefan reappeared.

"Never you mind, brother. The less you know, the better" I stood up straight and slipped the weapons into my back pockets with Damon's words.

"My freedom from Klaus rests entirely upon you three executing your plan perfectly. So, excuse me if I'm a bit cynical" Stefan tested the ties against his neck while speaking.

"You're the one that we should be worried about" Elena finally popped, stopping him from leaving again. "If Klaus asks you one wrong question, the whole thing falls apart."

"You do have reason to worry. But if I look back at our history of epic plan failures, it's usually because one of us let our humanity get in the way. So if I'm taking odds on how this thing goes down, it's certainly not gonna be me who screws it up" he turned to me "I'll see you at homecoming. I can't wait" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Wear the left one" I pointed to the tie, he raised a brow "It's not as thin and 'blues brother' as the right one" I shrugged my reasoning as he left.

-TIME SKIP-

"Getting a head start, huh?" I leaned against Stefan's bedroom doorframe.

"Embarrassing truth" she turned away from the mirror, showing how well the red dress I suggested suited her. "This is my first high school dance."

"Ever?" well that's a surprise, I took a few steps into the room.

"I never really had time for high school before. Nik and I were always moving around. Running. Anyway, I didn't want to leave anything to chance. Have you heard any more from him?" she gave her reflection and clueless look.

"No" I answered honestly. "But I'm sure that when he does return, he'll do it with flair."

"And Damon and my father are all set with their plan?" she asked hesitantly.

"Yes," I nodded as she turned back to me again, moving towards a table and slipping a gold bangle onto her wrist.

"Don't tell me" her command was a plea. "I don't want to know. I just want to go to the dance and leave the rest to Mikael."

I moved closer, standing just a few steps away from her. "I know it's really hard. So thank you for helping us get Klaus back into town" careful there, Kat. You're humanity's showing.

"Just be careful. I've been running for a thousand years for a reason. Mikael is not a good person. And he definitely can't be trusted. No one in my family can" you as well, Rebekah. Your heart doesn't seem as stone cold anymore.

"Are you ok?" I worried slightly, is this a trick?

"I've spent my whole life, loving and hating my brother with equal measure. I never thought that I would be the one to help drive a stake through his heart" she shook her head as her eyes watered, turning her back to me sharply and walking back towards the mirror. "No tears. I--I don't want to ruin my makeup. How do I look?"

I took a deep breath before forcing a smile, moving closer to her. "Amazing. But you're missing one thing" I pulled the bait from my pocket as she turned to face me again.

"My mother's necklace" she whispered, sending me a shocked look.

"You should wear it tonight" she turned back to the mirror. "May I?" I offered to place it around her neck and she nodded. A slight tear fell as she lifted her hair and I clasped it in place, gently removing my hands she smiled at her reflection and moved her hands down.

"Thank you" I nodded to her whisper and pulled the oak ash coated blade from my back pocket, placing my hand on her shoulder for better aim I dropped the forced happiness and rammed the dagger into her back, hitting her heart with great precision.

"That's for nearly tearing my throat out over the scrap of jewelry around your neck," I said lowly and took a step back as her skin grayed, she gasped in a few breaths before finally falling to my feet. I pouted slightly as my hand was still in a position as though I still held the dagger, turning to see Damon I changed my pout into a grin. "Did I do good?"

"In the back. Harsh" was his reply as he whooshed beside her and threw a threw a sheet over her 'dead' body.

"I'd say karma, but I did kinda force the situation" I shrugged and moved to sit on the edge of Stefan's bed.

"Hey, I'm not judging you. It's very Katherine of you" he pointed out.

"Thank you" I smirked at the compliment. "But Stefan's right. Someone's going to let their humanity get in the way and screw this whole thing up" I sighed.

"And that's why I have my plan, everything will move even more smoothly now barbie Klaus is out of the equation" he smirked and moved to sit next to me.

"Do you trust him? Mikael?" Rebekah's earlier words nagged at me.

"Nope," he popped the 'p'.

"What about Stefan?" I raised a brow.

"No" he shook his head. "Not as long as he's under Klaus' control."

"Great, that means your going solo then(!)" I rolled my eyes.

"Do you trust me?" he raised a brow.

"Annoyingly" was my reply.

"Then you have nothing to worry about" he smirked and I fell back against the bed, this stupid plan better work. Good luck Katherine.

-TIME SKIP-

"How did this happen?" I paced as Damon poured himself a drink.

"We thought of everything, Kat! Klaus Having Hybrids. Mikael Turning On Us. We Brought In Katherine So You Weren't In Danger. ANYTHING That Could Have Gone Wrong, WE Were Prepared!" he gulped down his drink after the rant.

"But I thought Stefan wanted Klaus dead more than anything" I frowned at the floor. "That's what we were counting on" he topped up the now empty glass.

"We blew it" he calmed down.

"Where's Katherine?" I asked wearily.

"She ran for the hills, like usual. The minute things got bad. Who Blames Her? Klaus Would have crushed her. I had him, Kat. I Had Klaus. This Could've All Been Over!" he threw his bottle into the fire, the shock, and little upset I felt over Kitty running made me jump slightly upon impact with the flames.

"Hey...Damon, hey--" I moved to touch his arm but he pulled it away while drinking his drink. "Hey, listen to me..." I turned him to face me, laying both of my hands on his jawline so he wouldn't turn away. "We'll survive this. We always survive. Trust me."

"We're never getting Stefan back. You know that, don't you?" he revealed.

"Then we'll let him go. Ok?" I gave a slight, sad smile. "We'll have to let him go" my eyes shot to his lips and I felt slightly angry, annoyed that he's still under my skin and I can't do anything about it. Thankfully his phone's ringtone pulled me away from him and stopped anything from happening between us. Again.

"Not interested in a play by play of our failure right now, Katherine...It's not very comforting at the moment. You going back into hiding?...Take care of yourself, Katherine" he removed the phone from his ear and I released a sigh of frustration, didn't even get a goodbye. Then again, why expect a goodbye from someone who 'missed' me so much(?)(!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCUGxAifDY0... (Dirty Work By Austin Mahone)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Sorry about the weird upload schedule, it's been an odd weekend--Next week Kat's being followed, Jeremy's attacked and no one approves of Tyler...

Thanks for reading x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 5.1K 18
Hannah Gilbert has been through more than she wanted in Mystic Falls. After the death of her brother and the loss of her sister's humanity she feels...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
4.2K 134 23
Di·vulge Duh·vuhlj (V.) Make known (private or sensitive information). 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑...
733K 44.9K 109
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...