Remedial Heart (LeAga)

welsyelsie द्वारा

A medical drama-romance story about two wounded people. May this inspire you to love the medical world; they'... अधिक

Remedial Heart
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine (ASYSTOLE)
forty (REHABILITATION)

one

8.4K 192 21
welsyelsie द्वारा

I am under an oath to take care of one's life and guarantee that what I decide to give is for the betterment of his health. To do ...

"Code blue to Emergency room, code blue to Emergency room"

That was the cue for a toxic duty, what a starter! I discontinued what I'm writing on my MacBook, took a deep breath and absorbed my environment. The elevator's still on the 10th floor, I am on the 3rd and the Emergency room's on the first. 

Shit

Run; before anyone knows I came late to participate the code because I waited for the elevator. 

I love my job, I love my job

Mask and gloves on, I went inside the room. Simultaneously, the nurses were performing chest compression and bleeding stabilization.

"I am the code Doctor for this situation"

"I am the code Nurse for this situation" 

I assessed the patient compression and ventilation.

"Have you administered a pressor?" I asked.

"Yes Doc, an ampule of Epinephrine given via IV line"

"What do you think had happened to him?"

"Patient arrived at the emergency room through a Barangay ambulance reported to be in a vehicular accident, patient is seen to be covered with blood, unconscious and has no pulse then we started CPR and calls for a code blue"

"Charge to three hundred Joules, everybody clear"

The Nuses step away from the patient and the bed. I placed the paddles. One paddle in the center of the patient's chest and the other on the left.

"Clear"

"The shock is delivered"

The monitor beeps. Indicating low reponse.

I looked up at the monitor.

"Rhythm is bradycardia at thirty. Check the pulse and blood pressure"

Still vitals are unstabilized. Too low. The shock isn't succesful.

"Please Sir, help yourself! You need to survive, you need to revive." I whisphered

"Resume CPR, administer an amp of Epi"

1000-1. 1000-2. 1000-3. 1000-4. 1000-5. 1000-6 ...

"Charge to 360, everybody clear"

"Clear"

I looked up the monitor

"Blood pressure at 90/50, insert Plain NSS. Vitals are stabilized, admit to ICU"

There was a debriefing after the code, series of endorsements to receiving Doctor and junior Doctors are waiting to discuss their cases with me. 

+++++++++++++

Leave a comment  ♥

X

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

380K 10.7K 40
Anthea Louise Vergara is a well-known prodigy who obtained a bachelor's degree in Accountancy at Oxford University. She is also The Most Outstanding...
39.4K 1.9K 22
THIS IS A BL STORY! Obsession series # 2 "I'm scared to move on because moving on means accepting our fate as strangers. I'd rather heartbroken than...
1M 33.3K 43
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...
65.8K 4.4K 12
Sta. Maria Series (Herrer Girls- 3rd Generation) ON-GOING