It's Complicated - A Gary Bar...

By BarlowsBum

As Gary Barlow receives the offer of a lifetime, the chance to reignite his career and get back doing the one... More

It's Complicated
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Epilogue

Chapter 16

802 5 4
By BarlowsBum

***A few hours later***

We all felt that the dinner was a huge success. He made it clear that this was our show and it was crucial that everybody involved knew what is was that we wanted to do. I mean, we had a few ideas and a rough edit of the set list only but that is all you need starting off, a tour can take a life of it's own and become something really special if the right people are involved and if there is the chemistry is good. 

We were just finishing up our meal and sorting out the bill when we decided that we would go out for the night. I mean, we were going for a drink anyway so we said we would make a night of it. I decided to send Michelle a quick text just saying that I'll be back a bit later than expected just so she doesn't begin to worry;

Recipient: Chelle xx

21:49

''Hey babe, we've decided that we're going to have a boys night out tonight. Haven't had one in ages so it should do us all some good. Don't wait up. Love you, G x''

I slide my phone in to the back pocket of my chinos and check my wallet for cash to see do I need to go to ATM or not. 

''Look at him there, counting his millions'' Dougie says loudly chuckling to himself giving cause to Mark and Jay to join in on the laughter. 

''What can I say lads?'' I reply winking at them all.

''Just checking if I need to go to the ATM or not guys, now...shall we go out and good boys night out or what?'' I say very enthusiastically clapping my hands together and smiling widely. 

''Woah, someone's feisty tonight'' exclaims Jay clapping my back in delight. 

''I'm just looking forward to a night out with my best mates is all. In fairness, it's been forever since we've had real lads night out you know..''

They all nod in agreement before jumping in to a taxi and set off towards Chelsea to a small pub called The Phene for a few drinks to start off.

*****

The drinks are freely flowing and within an hour, the once cozy pub with roaring fires is alive with young and old alike who have decided just like us, that welcoming in the new year is at least a two-night job. 

As I get out of my seat and head to the bar for our fourth round, I feel my phone buzz in my bum pocket. It's probably just Michelle getting back to me from earlier, I think to myself. I slide it open to reveal a blank text message from a number I've never seen before. I simply shrug my shoulders and pop it back in to my pocket just as the bar tender comes over to me. 

''Alright mate, can I get the same again over to the table in the corner please? Can I also add 4 Double Vodka shots to the order please, mate?'' 

''Of course you can, Mr. Barlow. I'll have them over to your table as quick as I can'' 

''Thank you mate'' I say happily. 

Just as I'm about to leave the bar, he gets my attention again. 

''Oh, excuse me Mr. Barlow, sir. I know this is totally inappropriate as I'm working and you're enjoying a night out, but I am in fact a huge fan of yours. Could I be bold enough to ask for an autograph please, sir?'' 

''Of course you can, mate. What's your name?'' 

''Seán, sir''

I take the pen and paper from him and scribble a little note to him and sign it at the bottom. 

''Seán? That is a great name. It's Irish, isn't it?'' 

''It is indeed, sir. My parents are Irish and I was born there, but moved over here at an early age so I consider myself half and half, sir'' 

''Please, call me Gary, I insist. Mr. Barlow is too formal, mate'' 

''You got it, Gary. I'll be over with your drinks in a minute'' 

''Thank you'' 

I spin around and bounce over to the lads. Just as I get there I receive another blank text message from the same number. I just leave it as I left the other one. Seán is swiftly over with the drinks and a placed a few more drinks than I ordered on the table. 

''For our very special guests tonight, may I just say how glad I am that you guys are going on tour again, and that the extra round is on me. Enjoy your evening and I'll see ye in Milton Keynes in the summer''

With that being said, he disappears into the mass crowd that has swarmed onto the dance floor as the DJ plays some upbeat dance song.

*****

After the shots had been downed and the drinks been devoured, we decided that we would head on to the club just up the road called Raffles. It's a Saturday night so there's no real surprise why there is a big queue outside. I phoned ahead and informed them we would be joining them tonight so we were taken in the side door and shown to our table. I decided that I would get the first round and get us going. 

After about an hour or so, we were all a little drunk and up on our feet and dancing away in our own roped-off area on the side of the dance floor. Something catches the corner of my eye and causes me to look twice but it was gone. About twenty minutes later, I see it properly this time. I'm sure I saw it only it wasn't a thing, it was another man. He was just staring at me and whenever I looked over he turned away completely so I never even got a glimpse of his face.

*****

I'm on my way to the bathroom when someone grabs my arm. 

''Aren't you Gary from Take That?'' he asks me. 

''Yes, I am indeed. How may I help you?'' I reply in a very slightly drunken voice. 

''Oh, nothing mate, but I would love it if you would allow me to buy you a drink as I am a huge fan''

''Yeah sure, why not'' I say following him over to the bar where he orders two beers and two shots.

I knock the shot back and get started on the beer. After a bit of chit chat, I head over to the lads when all of a sudden I feel extremely drunk. I mean, really really drunk. I feel like I'm going to get sick. 

I rush to the bathroom in the VIP area and crouch in front of the toilet breathing heavily. I don't get sick, but I still feel like I'm absolutely hammered and decide to go out to the lads and tell them that I'm going to go and grab a taxi and head home. 

Just as I leave the bathroom, I feel a set of arms either side of me. Then it happens; a punch to the stomach completely knocking the wind out of me and then another to the side of my head sending my world into semi darkness. I cannot see a thing but I can somewhat hear what is going on around me. 

''This is our mate. He just got a little drunk so we're going to take him home''

I don't recognize these voices. These aren't the lads. I need to get out of here, but I have no energy to move even the smallest of muscles in my body in order to put up a fight. 

''This is that blonde one from that gay boy band, isn't it?'' I hear one of them say. 

''Yeah, well when we're done with him there won't be a boy band anymore. How will they go on tour without their lead singer?''

They both howl with laughter as they stop moving all of a sudden. My head is doing 360's at this point as I slip in and out of consciousness. I hear the sound of a car unlocking and a boot door opening.

''Put him in there and then we'll find somethi-''

''HEY! GET YOUR HANDS OFF HIM NOW!''

I hear someone shout. I feel the grip on me loosen and then go completely before hearing the are the sounds of a full blown fight. 

In the midst of the darkness that now surrounds me, I can hear the sounds of punches being thrown and the unmistakable noise of a nose breaking. I have absolutely no idea what's going on as I don't have the strength to open my eyes, but it sounds like my 'rescuer' is doing an alright job. 

''Never, ever, ever FUCKING touch him again, OK?! DO YOU HEAR ME?'' Every word is followed by what sounds like a kick to the gut and then there is silence, followed by some heavy breathing. 

All of a sudden, I hear footsteps come closer and closer and then stop what seems to be no more than a foot away from me. 

''Oh my god, what have they done...'' I hear the voice splutter out as if they are fighting back an extreme wave of emotion and tears. 

Still completely drained, my eyes are still shut but then all of sudden my body tenses up in pure fear as I feel a chill, like when you feel someone is extremely near you. Then I feel it; two massive strong arms take hold of me. I whimper loudly under his touch. 

''It's OK, mate. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise''

He stalls for a second before hooking one arm under my knees and another under my arms and lifts me up in one full movement. I groan a bit in discomfort as I am carried for about 25 minutes. God this man is strong, who is he? I mean I'm not the lightest of men, even with all the weight I've lost recently. I let out another groan and this one is a bit louder causing the stranger to react. 

''Ssshhh, it's OK mate, we're nearly there. Just hang on there Gaz, please''

This guy knows who I am. Who is he? 

''Almost there mate, almost there...'' My breathing all of a sudden slows down almost to a stand still.

 ''No. No, Gary. Come on, stay with me. You're going to be fine mate, hang in there!'' 

Then the next thing I remember is my eyes snapping open for a split second, catching the smallest of glimpses of his chin and then rolling back in my head and my head wilting. 

The last thing I remember is hearing him scream, before complete darkness descends over me.

''GARY....NNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

607K 14.1K 29
-Zayn Malik has everything he wants, it only takes a snap of his fingers, and everything he requires is given him. It's all the work of his rich and...
1.8K 35 16
Ever had a dream you wished could come true? Lexi Turner, shy and quiet, spent her days shut in an office dreaming of the perfect man, to sweep her...
4.8K 134 51
Simon Cowell's very busy man he's always working with his shows and working with his record label in his acts and everything right now.what day is al...
108K 2.3K 15
Paul's daughter is getting into some trouble at school. Paul decided that she should go on tour with the boys to try and keep an eye on her. What hap...