SΔ∇IΠG UΠҜΠΩШΠ < |DISCONTIN...

By ambear_tan

"What kind of monster shows love to a human?!" At this point, I was finished with the man in front of me. All... More

P E C U L I A R
F E A R
I N T R I G U E
I N T U I T I O N
D E C E I V E
H E A R T A C H E
L O Y A L
G U I L T
R E S T A R T
P A S S I O N
A B S O L U T I O N
D E S I R E
D I S C O R D
R E V E L A T I O N
P A R A D I S E
B A T T L E
E X P O S U R E
E X A L T
P R I D E

M I N T - G R E E N

13.4K 534 3.9K
By ambear_tan

(unedited)

"Wah! The air is so nice outside~"

You stretched your arms out while taking in the beauty of Korea. After 4 long years of studying and memorizing, you were able to speak and understand fluent Korean. It was a long journey and you've made quite a few friends along the way. You were given a free ticket to Korea in order for you to continue teaching English in a local elementary school, and things started to go in place, making you feel grateful for the wonderful blessings you've been given.

A yawn escapes your mouth and you quickly cover it still reaching the air with your left arm. Walking towards the bus stop, you were humming a tune to yourself. The earbuds in your ears blocked out any noise and gave you the soothing music of Bach, it was going to be a nice day, and you were sure of it.

PING!

A noise and short vibration came from the mobile in your right hand. You quickly checked over your phone and opened the messenger app that you downloaded a day ago. It was strange because you haven't tried playing around with the app yet, but it interested you that you can send messages and emails quickly in one app. The description of the app only said about texting and emails, but there were no options for a video calling feature.

The app was opened to find a message from "unknown", it must be a total stranger then. You read the message quickly and it seems the stranger was in need of help.

[Unknown has entered the chatroom]

Unknown: ...Hello?....

You: ?

Unknown: Can you see this?

You: Who are you?

Unknown: I'm sure you're surprised

Unknown: It's not everyday you get a text from a stranger

Unknown: I'm a bit flustered myself. I found a smartphone at the subway station, but all it had was this messenger app.

Unknown: I want to find the owner, but I don't see any contact info or call records...

Unknown: I've been sending messages with this app but no reply

Unknown: All I see is an address and some important-looking numbers saved in notes

Unknown: I'd like to go there myself but I'm currently in work...

You: Why don't you go to the police station? I'm currently busy right now. It will be best for both of us not to create a problem over a phone.

Unknown: Well... Normal people won't be able to understand...

Unknown: To be honest, I have a religion.

Unknown: My religion says that you must not miss any opportunity to do good no matter how small.

Unknown: Well, some say that it's just being nosy. But I'm not like normal people.

Unknown: I can't help but think about how stressed the owner might be...

Unknown: It's really a safe place in Seoul. If you feel unsafe, you can turn around.

Unknown: I know the area. It's developed.

Unknown: Please?

You: I'm really sorry, but I have to go to work now. Maybe, if I have some time I can report to the police about the phone.

Unknown: I know I'm asking too much.

Unknown: You might think I'm odd.

Unknown: But would you consider it?

Unknown: No one responded to my messages. You're the first one

Unknown: Pretty please?

You: Again, I'm truly sorry, but I can't go right now. How about we make a deal?

Unknown: ...

Unknown: A deal?

You: Yes. A deal. I want to help you, but first we need to make a deal.

Unknown: Alright. What's the deal?

You: My job ends at 3 in the afternoon here. I'll be able to help you, if only you promise to treat me for dinner. How about that?

Unknown: ...Treat you for dinner? That's all???

You: Yes, dinner.

Unknown: What's in it for me?

You: Meeting a cutie, that's what.

Unknown: ...

You: I'm just kidding. I'll help you out.

Unknown: Really?!

Unknown: I'll send you the address then.

Unknown: Now how do you do that...

Unknown: Found it.

Unknown: [Address} Click Link

You: Thank you! I can check to see if the place is safe myself.

The bus arrived after your conversation with the stranger. You sat in a seat and clicked the link. The stranger was right, the area was really safe, in fact, you've seen the apartment building located near the school you worked at. It was not a populated place but there hasn't been any criminal activity in that area for over 7 years, and it was because of the local police station around the corner.

You: You know what? I've changed my mind.

Unknown: What? Is there something wrong?

You: I know this place. I'll visit the apartment and give you a quick feedback once I'm done with work.

Unknown: Oh! I thought you didn't want to help me.

Unknown: Alright! I'll send you the password for the lock.

Unknown: [Password] Click link

You: Okay. I'll get back to you once I'm done with work, ok? In the meantime, have a wonderful day!

Unknown: Glad you can help! Thank you, I will. Have a nice day to you too! ^^

You: ^^ Thanks!

[Unknown has left the chatroom]

[You have left the chatroom]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You left the school entrance with a smile on your face, remembering the groups of children you taught art. It was strange to have things go smoothly today. Usually, a child would be complaining or criticizing others on their accent, but it was different.

Looking down on your mobile, you quickly remembered the stranger from earlier, and decided to give him a heads up.

[You have entered the chatroom]

You: Hi! I'm finished with work and about to head towards the apartment. Do you want anything to tell me before I go?

[Unknown has entered the chatroom]

Unknown: Hey! I'm not really sure, but maybe you can leave a note for me if you get to enter the apartment, alright?

Unknown: I should be the one to deliver the note, but I searched up how far it was. I guess I'm about 5 hours in driving.

You: Really?! That far?!

Unknown: Lol! Yeah. That far, I don't want to tell you where I am though.

You: Never really asked you. Lol! I'll make sure to leave a note if no one's home.

Unknown: Thanks again! I promise to take you to dinner once I travel near there, I still need to finish my studies, so it might take a while. ^^

You: No worries! I'll be waiting for that dinner sometime soon. I'll text you once I'm there. ^^

Unknown: Stay safe! Bye!

You: Bye! ^^

[Unknown has left the chatroom]

[You have left the chatroom]

You closed the messenger app with a positive look on your face. Checking over the location of the apartment again, your feet started to head towards the destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let me go!!!"

You screamed against the man's hold and continued to carelessly punch him. The stranger tightened his grip on your hair, even though he seems to be unaffected. You began to think of a way to make him let go of you.

Letting your limbs relax, the perpetrator began to question your actions and rose his head in curiosity.

"What do you want," You asked the man. Your words were laced in venom as they began to give their effect to the stranger, your hair now out of the person's hand.

Turning around, the person in front of you had a mask covering the bottom half of his face. Looking at him with disgust, you quickly grabbed a chuck of his hair and held tightly to them.

"Ugh...What are you doing??? Let me go you fool!"

Letting your right arm free, the stranger was still struggling against your tight hold. A fist was formed with your right hand, and it began to shake as anger traveled through your system. The stranger noticed the way you began to contort into fury, and held onto your hand with a look of happiness from the way his eyes were raised.

"Yes!!! Yes!!! That anger, use that! Use that anger to hurt me!!! Inflict me with pain like how she did to me!!!"

His voice was laced in pure happiness, and you began to lose hope now knowing he's delusional. Your energy was drained from trying to hold onto him, and you couldn't find a way out of the room he trapped you in.

After arriving at the building, you texted the stranger and began to sense for any danger. It was until a dark figure charged its way towards you, after you entered the password, that you felt a strong sense of fear.

Standing in front of the stranger with mesmerizing eyes, you snatched your hand away from the creep. The stranger was looking at you with distant and longing eyes. Something about you intrigued the male, and he remained silent taking in your image in his head.

"You really must be messed up in the head." Your voice cuts the silence as he ties up your hands.

He scoffed and began to secure your bindings to the comfortable chair. Inspecting you with his oddly colored eyes, you began to struggle against the rope.

The slightly attractive creep brought his face closer to you, taking a whiff of your (favorite perfume) scent. An object was in his hand and you didn't want to find out what it was.

The strong knots were constricting you as you struggled. He seems to be observing you as your attempts to escape were useless. Looking around to see as if there was someone in the same room, you gave a look that told him he was stupid.

He held a finger to his lips signaling you to be quiet, looking at the corners of the room, you noticed that cameras were placed watching both of you. You didn't care if someone else was watching, all you cared about was getting out. Gaining all of the strength you still have, it took great effort to finally push the stranger away from you. His eyes held a glint of happiness as you stared back with anger and disgust.

'Is this some kind of sick joke?' You muttered inside of your head. The man was clearly unstable, or drunk. He didn't smell of any alcohol that's for sure. Instead, he smelt of laundry detergent and aftershave, something you didn't expect for a kidnapper to smell like.  

He simply shrugged your glare off by giving you a devilish smirk, simply telling more to his story. His eyes still held trace of longing, but was occupied with a tinge of interest.

You still remembered how his mint-green eyes revealed a part of the his personality. The stranger was messed- up in your perspective, but in his view he desires your affection, in order to fill in the empty whole that has caused him anger and pain.

The only thing you saw coming was the smile that was shown from the mask he pulled off and a syringe held in his hand.

Black dots began to cover your vision, and you couldn't help but feel heavy. The mint-green eyes followed your body as it falls into his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

You guys are so amazing and really supportive!!! I know that I have a lot of grammar errors and spelling mistakes on the teaser, but you continued to brighten up my day!!!

It might take me a long time to update the next chapter since school's started, so please don't forget my story!~

Stay fierce. Stay awesome. Goldfish out!!!

---------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475 22 8
Y/N L/N is a young woman who had downloaded the game Mystic Messenger. It had completely ruined her mental health for her which caused her to overdos...
21K 682 19
*This story contains a few spoilers from Mystic Messenger ! And this relates to BAD END 3 or Yoosung's route! Please look out* "Unknown" has been a n...
69.5K 2.6K 14
A girl who loves games finds a game called Mystic Messenger. She plays it all the time and has played the routes multiple times for each character. ...
378K 16.6K 37
4 Days for you to fall in love with me... 7 Days until it starts all over... That was supposed to be it right? MC. Aka. YOU. Living a relatively norm...